HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

QPR - The Four Year Plan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

QPR - The Four Year Plan Empty
PostSubject: QPR - The Four Year Plan   QPR - The Four Year Plan EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:47 am

Anyone see the programme tracing QPR from 2007 - 2011?

Quite an eye opener to football ownership with Flavio Briatore at times picking the team and subsitutions.

Anyway one thing of note Argyle wise was the use of the League tables to chart QPRs march to the Premiership. One of the opening shots had Argyle in the Championship playoff position. Was sad to see and even more sad to see the fall happening as the programme progressed (just to rub salt into the wound one of the last shots was of Jamie Mackie celebrating QPRs promotion to the Premier League) What a wasted oppurtunity.

Guess it will be on iPlayer and is worth catching it if you can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QPR - The Four Year Plan   QPR - The Four Year Plan EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 am

I watched it up until they showed the league table and then the anger got the better of me.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: QPR - The Four Year Plan   QPR - The Four Year Plan EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:01 am

Hmmm, recorded it, not sure if i'll watch it now. It could be a bit like watching the footage of one's open heart surgery.........
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: QPR - The Four Year Plan   QPR - The Four Year Plan EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:05 am

Do watch it. There is some extraordinary footage and access. Plus its very well made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QPR - The Four Year Plan   QPR - The Four Year Plan EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:08 am

When they announced Warnock as their manager and hearing what they had to say about him, I could't help but feel that we have recently once again missed yet another an opportunity.
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: QPR - The Four Year Plan   QPR - The Four Year Plan EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Dougie wrote:

Quite an eye opener to football ownership with Flavio Briatore at times picking the team and subsitutions.

I've just been watching that ~ Ron Blindell behaved in just the same way (without the aid of a mobile phone of course) when he was chairman at Gnome Park fifty years ago...............some things never change! Smile
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

PostSubject: Re: QPR - The Four Year Plan   QPR - The Four Year Plan EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:16 pm

What struck me was the 4 Year Plan was 3 years of chaos followed by Warnock. Instant sucess, just shows what a difference a good manager makes. The 4 year plan was just luck/the right appointment at the right time-year 4 without Warnock would have been just the same aimlessness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QPR - The Four Year Plan   QPR - The Four Year Plan Empty

Back to top Go down

QPR - The Four Year Plan
Page 1 of 1