Greenskin
Freathy
Coxside_Green
mouldyoldgoat
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Rangers plan to buy Bury Empty
PostSubject: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Rangers and their new owner have devised a plan to buy out Bury FC and play League 1 matches in Glasgow, understands the Sun

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Would be a disaster for football
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:35 am

Interesting to see no comment by FA or the football league about this story!
Money talking again possibly?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:39 am

Not gonna click the link but it does sound bad for Bury.

In their own rights, they're a proud little club. Imagine having to watch Argyle at home, in Glasgow. The owner would have to get smashed.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:58 am

Rangers and Celtic are determined to eventually play in the EPL. Rangers are using their liquidation and possible (but extremely unlikely) expulsion from the SPL to their advantage to move closer to their ultimate goal and this Bury aquisition idea seems to be a step towards that. If, as fully expected, the SPL clubs vote to keep Rangers in the SPL this will go away for the time and Bury will be safe. But both Rangers and Celtic ultimate aims are to resign from the SPL to play in England.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:14 am

Shades of Wimbledon/MK Dons? Wasn't there another instance in Scotland involving Airdrie and Clydebank or someone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:33 am

And then Celtic would follow, what a load of bollocks, any team must play in their home town, end of story.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:53 am

let's see the Bluenoses put a positive spin on that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:51 am

I cant see why this shouldn't happen.Wimbledon moved over 60 miles,changed their name to MK Dons and set a precedent in English football.Swansea although in Wales play in England,same for Cardiff.Nothing to prevent Rangers doing the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 am

I have seen a vision of the future where oil-rich Arabs, Russian oligarchs, Chinese & Indian billionaires will buy the likes of Man U & C, Milan, Real Madrid, Argyle and ship them lock-stock & barrel to play in the respective leagues of their countries. Eventually there will be one world wide league with the teams named after the owners or their companies. Murdoch's grand-children will become even richer as they negotiate the rights to broadcast the matches world-wide.

As long as they provide good pasties, I wouldn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:13 am

i think we are all forgetting the one owner one club rule from uefa, scare mongering and bollox as usual from that fine english institution
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:55 am

Sneinton Green wrote:
i think we are all forgetting the one owner one club rule from uefa, scare mongering and bollox as usual from that fine english institution

There would be one owner one club because Ranger will become Bury or Bury will become Ranger, one would go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:30 am

I have a soft spot for Bury FC as I have friends who live there and its where I stay for the NW games.

They have a proper football ground with proper northern smells - pies and beer. I am sure if they had wanted to play in Glascow they would have moved there 127 years ago when they were formed.

As others have said this hasall the hallmarks of Wimbledon Mk2. It is time for the FL and FA to come out strongly and say this will not be allowed to happen. This is an international move and UEFA and FIFA should be brought in the stop it.

They will be more than a few deceased Shakers shaking at this news.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Sneinton Green wrote:

There would be one owner one club because Ranger will become Bury or Bury will become Ranger, one would go.

aye, but in order to become one club, one of them will need to invest(buy out) in the other, therefore my original post. It just cant happen under football regulations as they are at present. scaremongering and bollox, i'll say again.

chicken and egg syndrome, you cant have one without first having both
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Wot, no reluctant bidders?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Where are the dogs of war?
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:39 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Because it was in THE SUN
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:41 pm

We must not yield! We should be sending reinforcements to York FFS. Show them any sign of weakness and they'll be clambering over the wall and sacking Northumbria!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Regardless of where future football leagues ply their trade, this immediate so called Rangers interest in Bury reminds me of the Ridsdale/Heaney puppet show when they pretended to look for other options for the Cornish Pirates playing at Home Park, whilst no doubt hoping that might influence thinking in a certain Cornish Council and it's deliberations over the Truro stadium thing.
This world becomes more full of bullshit every minute, with businessmen, politicians and beleagured despots saying one something to one person whilst intending it for consumption by someone else. While on the subject of such pub flirts, whatever did happen to that murdering henchman of Gadafi's that defected at one minute to midnight ? .... living the life of Riley no doubt.
Embedded language rules OK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 pm

What's happening with Heaney and Truro City? I know they were due in court again over unpaid tax but I haven't heard anything for a while.

Having lived in Truro for years I had hoped that they would get a decent stadium, but only as long as Heaney didn't prosper from it.

I've spent many a night up at the clubhouse in Truro and watched a fair few Argyle teams come down for friendlies, as well as some other good teams. I got Martin Peters autograph, when he was manager of Sheffield United, as well as our ex assistant manager Stewart Houston.

I'm not sure how people feel about The Cornish Pirates moving to Truro permanently, but they showed this season that they are not far off Premiership level so a decent stadium is a must.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:04 pm

sadly, it's all about Heaney, Jock.
I too have a softspot for Truro. I like the city very much and played for the club many years ago ... some happy memories. But this is all bound up with other property matters, not just a stadium for Cornish sport... we're talking big money.
Being a Penzance boy, the Pirates were my first love as a sports team, and believe me, the support would rather play at Penzance. They will and have travelled to Truro, and are likely to again, but the Home Park thing was an absolute joke and fairytale turned nightmare that was never going to happen in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:22 am

Hopefully he loses everything soon and someone with an ounce of decency takes Truro over, even if it means playing lower league football.

Penz, were the Cornish Pirates Penzance Newlyn originally? Or is it some kind of franchise created recently? I'm no great rugby fan but I remember redruth used to be about the best side in Cornwall, then maybe Launceston and Penzance. Truro were improving as well if I recall.

Used to frequent the rugby club just to drink occasionally, and when I could stretch to a jog around for 90 minutes we used one rugby field for football training as Trelander and Malpas wanderers. Very low league football, just mates having a kick around really. We used to train on Monday nights then watch the live Sky match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:35 am

No chance of Rangers buying Bury, Chairman says. Lost the link somewhere but they are sponsored by local council.

Looks like Div 3 for the boys in blue!!

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:52 am

pafcineurope wrote:

No chance of Rangers buying Bury, Chairman says. Lost the link somewhere but they are sponsored by local council.

Looks like Div 3 for the boys in blue!!

Merv Plummer

Best news for Scottish football since the league was re structured.

I know Sky said they would pull out if Rangers reduced in the ranks but now BT have Prem games from 2013-14 Im sure they and ESPN will be ebidding if they come up.

Really good news for all the small clubs in the lower divisions to have at least one decent pay day a year!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:53 am

Could buy Argyle, even has a Scots name drunken
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:57 am

125+1 wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Because it was in THE SUN

Exactly ~ I don't what is worse, the rag itself or the idiots who buy it.

Charles Green ruined Sheffield United when he was Chief Executive there, I suggest he should attempt his entering of a pub team at Bramall Lane and see what happens. The only reason they want to play in England is money and they are clearly incapable of handling that properly anyway.

Bury will not entertain this rubbish, and anyone who thinks such a "coup" could be executed in a few weeks wants their head examining.

The trouble with Scottish football (well Celtic and Rangers) is that THEY think they matter whilst WE know they don't. They have their own little set up over the wall where they can play out their fantasies whilst we look for Hadrian to put another ten foot on that wall!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rangers plan to buy Bury   Rangers plan to buy Bury Empty

Back to top Go down

Rangers plan to buy Bury
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next