Coxside_Green
Rickler
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

The Missing Plan... Empty
PostSubject: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:27 am

There is one plan missing from the set issued.

The plan of the 'front' of the stand!

Has anyone seen what this stand is going to look like as you walk up to it through the park?

Has any 'homage' to the old front turnstiles been incorporated?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:31 am

It's becoming a joke, it really is. Even our pasoti chums are realising that it's all just one massive con and another one in the eye for Peggy, there's no "Ladies Toilet"!

They're taking the piss!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:46 am

GOB wrote:

They're taking the piss!

Apparently not, if it belongs to a female.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:49 am

The statue of our beloved leader Sir James?

I was kidding ffs. What's really missing is the 'you missed exeter, it's back that way' sign. If ever PCC allow the current abomination to go through we're finished as a football club and city.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:09 am

rickler whats the lighthouse in aide off out of interest??
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:38 am

Angry of Manchester wrote:

It's not a lighthouse. It's actually a money shot of Rickler lying in the bath gawping at your avatar. That flashing thing is his novelty cock ring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:45 am

but my avatar is for worls peace!!! whe ntempers flare on here too avoid any legal actions just look at the titties.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:27 am

It's a warning of danger and to bring to light the rantings of a loony.

IJN on Pasoti wrote:

I would love a cathedral ground, I love the thought of a monster of a stand, 8,000 to 10,000 triple decker, I've been bleating on about a lighthouse in one of the corners, to show that we have a Plymouth ground, not an identikit stadium, so I really know where you are coming from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is Newell really serious? I'ts just about the worst idea ever heard, for all the obvious reasons - even worse than his scheme to buy a player.

And to think this idiot has been advising Brent on behalf of fans regarding the grandstand.

Any wonder our club is in the state it is in?

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:11 am

As I'm sure you well know Ricks, there is no frontage to the new erection, it's hidden away behind all the new state of the art buildings. The first question I asked Mark Jones of Akkeron on Friday was to point at the artists impression of the whole development from the clock roundabout and ask "is there a football ground in there somewhere?" He looked blankly at me. We then established, although I don't know how much credence to give to any of his replies, as he didn't impress me greatly with his detailed knowledge, that there was no reason the grandstand could not be higher than the other roof levels. At least then PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FC could be displayed above the roof line of the other buildings to give some visible frontage when approaching from the south. His response was that we'd have lovely set of doors going into the stadium from the access alleyway (more accurate than concourse in my view).
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:27 am

Rickler wrote:

It's a warning of danger and to bring to light the rantings of a loony.

IJN on Pasoti wrote:

I would love a cathedral ground, I love the thought of a monster of a stand, 8,000 to 10,000 triple decker, I've been bleating on about a lighthouse in one of the corners, to show that we have a Plymouth ground, not an identikit stadium, so I really know where you are coming from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is Newell really serious? I'ts just about the worst idea ever heard, for all the obvious reasons - even worse than his scheme to buy a player.

And to think this idiot has been advising Brent on behalf of fans regarding the grandstand.

Any wonder our club is in the state it is in?

Fred Carno and Nool............. separated at birth ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:29 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
As I'm sure you well know Ricks, there is no frontage to the new erection, it's hidden away behind all the new state of the art buildings. The first question I asked Mark Jones of Akkeron on Friday was to point at the artists impression of the whole development from the clock roundabout and ask "is there a football ground in there somewhere?" He looked blankly at me. We then established, although I don't know how much credence to give to any of his replies, as he didn't impress me greatly with his detailed knowledge, that there was no reason the grandstand could not be higher than the other roof levels. At least then PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FC could be displayed above the roof line of the other buildings to give some visible frontage when approaching from the south. His response was that we'd have lovely set of doors going into the stadium from the access alleyway (more accurate than concourse in my view).

You're not painting a very complimentary picture of this frontman, unfortuneatly just what many now expect of Brent in general!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:52 am

Has it yet been established if the cinema/ice rink/shops will encroach onto the current grandstand footprint thus restricting size of the grandstand ?

20 rows of seats in the proposed new "grand" stand @ 840mm gives a depth of just under 17 metres (53ft).
According to Google Earth 17m is from the pitch edge to approximately the back of the old Mayflower terrace.

The total distance from pitch edge to boundary wall adjoining the car park is approximately 42 metres.

Is there a huge land grab of nearly 4000 square metres going on at our (or PCC) expense ?

Not exactly scientific I know but given the lack of detail we have been given a good starting point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:00 am

Rickler wrote:

Has anyone seen what this stand is going to look like as you walk up to it through the park?

From what I've read the old turnstiles are not being retained because it's a concrete wall instead of individual bricks? So it would just crumble if moved.

Such a shame but if thats correct then there's not much anyone can do about it. Being a bit of a cynic, no I am really, is there really a need for a memorial garden? If it's using up land that could be better used is it essential? Are there really that many people who have their ashes scattered at home park? I'm having mine scattered in Ladbrokes.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 am

Bert Large wrote:
Has it yet been established if the cinema/ice rink/shops will encroach onto the current grandstand footprint thus restricting size of the grandstand ?

20 rows of seats in the proposed new "grand" stand @ 840mm gives a depth of just under 17 metres (53ft).
According to Google Earth 17m is from the pitch edge to approximately the back of the old Mayflower terrace.

The total distance from pitch edge to boundary wall adjoining the car park is approximately 42 metres.

Is there a huge land grab of nearly 4000 square metres going on at our (or PCC) expense ?

Not exactly scientific I know but given the lack of detail we have been given a good starting point.

I've touched on this previously. It had been asssumed by many of us that the club retained land would be up to the existing boundary fence, but somebody, somewhere, suggested the boudary had been redrawn at the seperation of the club from the development land. Another question I asked MJ but without overlays he couldn't give a definitive answer. He "thought" the boundary ran down the centre of the concourse. My cynical view is that the ice rink will butt up right to the new boundary. Whether the new boundary coincides with our previous conception as to what should have been club land or not, I don't know. All I do know is looking at google earth the footprint for all the new stuff looks very small compared to distance from the pitchside to the fence. MJ kept making the point that the stand had to be provided for by the value of the other developments. To my mind that means restricting the stand footprint to the very minimum that can be got away with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:20 am

A LIGHTHOUSE!!!! is this guy on crack or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:23 am

Personally speaking I would prefer it if we had HMS Plymouth situated in the stadium somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:26 am

Greenjock wrote:
Rickler wrote:

From what I've read the old turnstiles are not being retained because it's a concrete wall instead of individual bricks? So it would just crumble if moved.

Such a shame but if thats correct then there's not much anyone can do about it. Being a bit of a cynic, no I am really, is there really a need for a memorial garden? If it's using up land that could be better used is it essential? Are there really that many people who have their ashes scattered at home park? I'm having mine scattered in Ladbrokes.

Very Happy

Again, being cynical, I'd say the memorial garden is more of a publicity stunt than anything else. Designed to portray an image that some degree of thoughtfulness has gone in to the plans. Even then, it's ill-judged in terms of geography. Is having something so sentimental right outside an away fans section really the best they could have come up with?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 am

I too had guessed that the new boundary would butt up against the back of the stand Charlie.

After a bit of fag packet maths it would seem that the footprint of the new stand is only around 40% of the old club land up to the boundary to the car park.

Or 63% stand footprint itself (new for old)

Aside form the loss of the car park that is a hell of a loss of land.

No wonder the Akkeron chap couldn't produce any overlays Shocked

I really can't believe PCC would accept this.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:23 pm

GOB wrote:
Personally speaking I would prefer it if we had HMS Plymouth situated in the stadium somewhere.

But who would paint it? Or would an industrial rusty finish be preferable?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Have you all written to teh club to voice your disapproval of the mayflower proposal? We want a decent two tier stand built with the club future ambitions inmind.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Surely writing to the Council would be more appropriate Angry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Bert Large wrote:
Surely writing to the Council would be more appropriate Angry.

i suppose you could c/c a copy to them too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:02 pm

We could do with a temporary new forum on ATD for discussing ideas, "opposing", contacts, protest etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:12 pm

Planning Committee

Councillor Mary Aspinall

Councillor Lynda Bowyer

Councillor Nigel Churchill

Councillor Ian Darcy

Councillor Philippa Davey

Councillor Sam Davey

Councillor Wendy Foster

Councillor Patricia Nicholson

Councillor Patrick Nicholson

Councillor John Smith

Councillor David Stark

Councillor Bill Stevens

Councillor Jon Taylor

Councillor Ian Tuffin

Councillor Tina Tuohy

Councillor Brian Vincent

Councillor George Wheeler

Local Councillors

Councillor Mary Aspinall - Sutton and Mount Gould - Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Richard Ball – Compton – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Terri Beer - Plympton Erle – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Sally Bowie - St. Budeaux – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Ian Bowyer – Eggbuckland – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Lynda Bowyer – Eggbuckland – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Thomas Browne – Southway – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Alison Casey - Moor View – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Nigel Churchill - Plymstock Dunstone – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Mark Coker – Devonport – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Danny Damarell - St. Budeaux – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Ian Darcy - Plympton Erle – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Philippa Davey – Stoke – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Sam Davey – Stoke – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Jill Dolan – Stoke - Independent Member - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Jonathan Drean – Budshead – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Tudor Evans – Ham – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Ken Foster - Plymstock Radford – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Wendy Foster - Plymstock Radford – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Mike Fox - Moor View – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Ted Fry – Compton – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Ian Gordon – Ham – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor David Haydon - Efford and Lipson – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor David James - Plympton St. Mary – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Paul Jarvis – Eggbuckland – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Glenn Jordan - Plympton Chaddlewood – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Martin Leaves – Peverell – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Michael Leaves - Plymstock Radford – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Sam Leaves - Plympton St. Mary – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Mark Lowry – Honicknowle – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Dr John Mahony – Peverel – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Susan McDonald - St. Peter & the Waterfront – Labour [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Grant Monahan – Budshead – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Pauline Murphy - Efford and Lipson – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Jean Nelder - Sutton and Mount Gould – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Patricia Nicholson – Peverell – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Patrick Nicholson - Plympton St. Mary – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Lorraine Parker – Southway – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Chris Penberthy - St. Peter & the Waterfront – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Vivien Pengelly - Plymstock Dunstone – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Eddie Rennie - Sutton and Mount Gould – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Steven Ricketts – Drake – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Dr David Salter - Plympton Chaddlewood – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Chaz Singh – Drake – Labour - Deputy Lord Mayor - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor John Smith – Southway – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Peter Smith – Honicknowle – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor David Stark – Compton – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Bill Stevens – Devonport – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Jon Taylor – Budshead – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Kate Taylor – Devonport – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Ian Tuffin - St. Peter & the Waterfront – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Tina Tuohy – Ham – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Brian Vincent - Efford and Lipson – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor George Wheeler - St. Budeaux – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Kevin Wigens - Plymstock Dunstone – Conservative - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Nicky Williams – Honicknowle – Labour - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Councillor Mike Wright - Moor View – Labour - Lord Mayor - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:22 am

There should be a statue of the Reluctant Bidder and Kim-El-Presidente outside at the very least. Perhaps the Reluctant Bidder could be sculpted grinding his boot into the face of a sub-prime mortgager, or a destitute Greek, with El Presidente alongside and a little to his master's rear (end) captured for all eternity in the throes of yet another piece of cod-Churchillian oratory.

Here to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Missing Plan...   The Missing Plan... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Missing Plan...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next