PatDunne
Han Solos Other Ship
Sir Francis Drake
Dougie
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:56 pm

Not good enough for a trade union man. At least Newell doesn't pretend to have a social conscience.

So he's not resigning and he's betting he won't be pushed. And he's right, his mate Jimmy will never sack him. Too many newly found pleasures to lose it would seem. Carefully worded to stay in the game.
He hasn't even blamed Brent. Newell will be slightly disappointed I guess, as he might have fancied having a pop at the President role himself affraid 
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:58 pm

GOB wrote:
That the directors refused to invest any money?

The other Directors were asked to stump up some money and none of them did. Wrathall offered to and was voted in faster'n you can say "Mickey Pierce".

No idea if this is true or not but it sounds like it could be.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:10 pm

That's about it. It sounded as if other possible sources had also been tapped.

What's most worrying is that the money is needed now, at a time when on the field matters are improving and players' contracts are due to be negotiated.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:15 pm

The exact phrase Martyn used was - 'offered to anyone who would listen'. Shame the current Directors didnt have the balls to put their money where their arses sit.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:18 pm

To be honest I find Webb's missive simply self-serving hogwash. He should never have accepted the role of President in the first place and then embark on a campaign of smearing the very organisation that got him the gig in the first place. The Deepthroating Windsor Boy should have resigned ages ago and I hope he does now - not because of Wrathallgate - but because his actions and words over a sustained period are not what a President's role at Argyle should be about.

We'll find out more in the coming weeks I'm sure but I suspect Wrathall's money is seriously important to the ongoing survival of the club. Brent is clearly struggling with HHP financing and when coupled with the ongoing financial drain of the loss-making club it must be making him very very jittery indeed.

Argyle is still a financial basket case and there aren't too many, if any, Tony Wrathall's able and willing to help. I'm rather glad he's back at the moment. Just how serious the financial mess is we'll soon find out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:27 pm

I think it's a good strong statement. A pity that he's making a stand later than he should have but better late than never.

PS I also agree that he shouldn't have accepted the gig or at least, having accepted it, he should have been more of a figure separate from the club but that's the past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:31 pm

PPS
Worth re-visiting this article.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Not good enough for a trade union man. At least Newell doesn't pretend to have a social conscience.

So he's not resigning and he's betting he won't be pushed. And he's right, his mate Jimmy will never sack him. Too many newly found pleasures to lose it would seem. Carefully worded to stay in the game.
He hasn't even blamed Brent. Newell will be slightly disappointed I guess, as he might have fancied having a pop at the President role himself affraid 

Totally agree.

Webb wants his cake and to eat it too...

I don't understand the sudden Webb love in...   What has he said that any other fan wouldn't have said - apart from "I'm a simple janner".

Nobody has heard from him in months..  It just reeks of his self opportunism yet again.

Until he resigns in protest, Webb's words mean absolutely nothing.  Nada.  Nil.

Last edited by Rickler on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:34 pm

He could have said nothing so I give him credit for saying something, but he has an awful lot of shit to dig himself out of if he wants any kind of recognition as far as I am concerned.

Or...he's just covering his ass to back up his previous comments about the previous Board and he hopes this outburst will retain some sort of credibility in 'Webb's World'.

Last edited by GOB on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:43 pm

GOB wrote:
He could have said nothing so I give him credit for saying something, but he has an awful lot of shit to dig himself out of if he wants any kind of recognition as far as I am concerned.

He will not go. he had a two hour meeting with Brent last Friday to work out what to say..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:45 pm

My guess is that he is worried the way the wind is blowing at HP and he may need to change sides again in a minute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Tgwu wrote:
GOB wrote:

He will not go. he had a two hour meeting with Brent last Friday to work out what to say..

You posted that as I edited my comment TG.

If this is anything like Webb's past stage managed events then yes, it's a pre-rehearsed and insincere drama. Based on webb's record I tend to believe the latter.

No matter what, the whole episode smells of a Club in a very desperate financial position.

Last edited by GOB on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Webb wont resign, he's hoping jimmy names the ministand after him! anyway even if he does, President Nool, anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:53 pm

do we need a president?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Angry wrote:
do we need a president?

Where will this end..?

People will be asking if we still need 'Ambassadors' before we even know it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
do we need a president?

Where will this end..?

People will be asking if we still need 'Ambassadors' before we even know it...

we need what shrewsbury town have a fan parliment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 6:19 pm

Webb isn't a stupid man - you don't get to be as high up the Union chain as he has without being a negitiator and a social chameleon; you need to be able to speak to your audience and know you're audience - he dies that very well. That's what he's doing here, in my view. If he all out condemned Brent, we'd see a complete and total slammed door on fan engagement. We have some - not much but we have some. I'd personally like to see him back with the Trust although, I'd expect that would be almost a full time job and he needs a life.

This isn't a Webb love in - some of the things he's said here are pretty damning and he deserves credit for it - he coukd have said nothing.

Well done Erotic Wizard Webb.

EDIT to add -this feckin tablet keyboard is shit if you've just washed your hands - I'm not correcting all those typos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 6:39 pm

hairy j wrote:
Webb isn't a stupid man - you don't get to be as high up the Union chain as he has without being a negitiator and a social chameleon; you need to be able to speak to your audience and know you're audience - he dies that very well. That's what he's doing here, in my view. If he all out condemned Brent, we'd see a complete and total slammed door on fan engagement. We have some - not much but we have some. I'd personally like to see him back with the Trust although, I'd expect that would be almost a full time job and he needs a life.

This isn't a Webb love in - some of the things he's said here are pretty damning and he deserves credit for it - he coukd have said nothing.

Well done Erotic Wizard Webb.

EDIT to add -this feckin tablet keyboard is shit if you've just washed your hands - I'm not correcting all those tys.

I agree. He tells whoever is listening what they want to hear for his own ends
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:56 pm

First they came for the non-secured creditors
- I did not speak out; I am not an unsecured creditor

Then they came for Heaney
- I did not speak out; he only wanted to build a cinema in the park

Then they came for the Mastpoint and Lombard
- I did not speak out; I am not Mastpoint or Lombard

Then they came for the Ridsdale and Guilfoyle
- I did not speak out; I am not Ridsdale or Guilfoyle

Then they came for the Devonport End
- I did not speak out; my seat was in the board room by now

Then I (yes… me!) went for the unpaid freelance programme contributor
- I did not speak out; I am not an unpaid freelance programme contributor

Then we went for the property
- I did not speak out; I am not a property developer

Then we went for £1.6m of the council tax payers’ cash
- I did not speak out; James is a huge friend of mine

Then we went for 2 years rate rebate at 100% (and counting)
- I did not speak out; I am a simple Janner and not a businessman

Then we went for the manager
- I did not speak out despite him being an outstanding individual

Then we went for even more staff redundancies
- I did not speak out; I was not one of those made redundant

Then we went for specious statistics
- I did not speak out despite being one myself

Then we went for the grandstand
- I did not speak out even though it had at least 3000 too few seats and was definitely not a magnificent two-tiered stand

Then we went for the corners of Home Park
- I did not speak out; every ground needs a dentists in one corner and a school in another

Then we went for 1.22 acres of parkland belonging to the People Of Plymouth
- I did not speak out because I am not paid to represent them

Then we went and paid £1 for £4m-worth of Pavillions
- I did not speak out because Plymouth City Council is nothing to do with me

Then Jamesy Boy pocketed yet another £2m in subsidy from the council
- I did not speak out because nobody actually told me that it had happened (but I wouldn’t have if they had)

And when Wratters took my place at James’s elbow there was nobody who wanted to speak out for me
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:13 pm

do WE all get respect for saying what we do? No. then why the feck does the president? hes backstabbed his way to that position and that should never be forgotton. just as tw's part in running the club into the ground should never be forgotton.

argyle needs admin again. thats the only way brent will make nothing from his stake. feck off all the psychophants (sic), and we'll start again the southern league.

pafc is dead, long live pafc
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:24 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
do WE all get respect for saying what we do? No. then why the feck does the president? hes backstabbed his way to that position and that should never be forgotton. just as tw's part in running the club into the ground should never be forgotton.

Spot on, Mapps lovey.

In fact, some people haven't only not got respect for speaking out - they've also had drinks thrown at them, been abused online and elsewhere, had a PI sent to find out their mother's address, had white feathers sent to them when they were dying, found their private details stored in an online account which was open to the whole world, and the rest.

A small number of people, including the hopefully-soon-to-be-ex-president, have been up to their necks in all of this. The other thing they've all got in common is their apparent closeness to the owner who's now brought back Wrathall. And a lot of people won't forget any of it any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Could Webb be using this as his get out card ?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:47 pm

Also ... wasn't it webb and newell a few weeks ago who were mouthing off because all the staff had been paid off ,

now this comes up and the staff havnt been paid off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Sorry him, Newell & the others took the Brent 'coin' - for me they soldout and I spit on them!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Dane. wrote:
Could Webb be using this as his get out card ?

I thought the same thing earlier but i dont see him walking because whatever backstage politics he knows and could spill, someone will have stuff on him and spill in return and he wont risk that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrathall - The President Speaks
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next