Peggy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Port Vale match thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Great result!!  cheers 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Freathy wrote:
Great result.  We SHOULD have enough to get to Round 4.

Not bad for the worst squad in league 2 eh! Freathy? Laughing 
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Freathy you're losing a lot of credibilty old son...
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Decent result, particularly from 2 down. Playing with confidence now which makes a big difference.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
That was a great ten minutes. Exeter Chiefs blow it late on, Argyle come back from 2-0 down, and I've just booked a holiday, great hat-trick!  Very Happy sunny

Fooking gutting this side of the divide, specially after yesterday's debacle.

Great result for youse mugs and a not so dusty draw, the gay boys should sell their allocation and they are still attractive oppos, maybe even a tv deal in the offing, mucho casho for Harry P.

Think you guys ought to change your manager, ours seems pretty good at the moment! cheers Laughing 
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Man U are out 2 -1 to Swansea!!!  Very Happy 

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Quick fag packet stuff excl tax:-

Mid week replay ... 5000..... 6000 if Jimmy has the humour to say there is a voucher for a ticket for the next round....... average £15 per head .........£75,000

Brighton..............10000 ... average £15 per head  £150,000

split three ways between FA and two clubs = £75,000

Extra pasties            £1000
Extra expense          £ who knows

Then extra unbudgeted income is split between the team football efforts and Jimmy's PAFC debts

Overall, two games might give an extra £30 grand into Sheridan's budget. That's what the team get under rationing.

PS to Mr Sleeves. Freathy has ever only wanted a successful team, and hasn't seen the slightest sign of one. Read his thoughts if you don't believe me.. His cred is fine and congratulating a fine performance is par for the course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Quick fag packet stuff excl tax:-

Mid week replay ... 5000..... 6000 if Jimmy has the humour to say there is a voucher for a ticket for the next round....... average £15 per head .........£75,000

Brighton..............10000 ... average £15 per head  £150,000

split three ways between FA and two clubs = £75,000

Extra pasties            £1000
Extra expense          £ who knows

Then extra unbudgeted income is split between the team football efforts and Jimmy's PAFC debts

Overall, two games might give an extra £30 grand into Sheridan's budget. That's what the team get under rationing.

PS to Mr Sleeves. Freathy has ever only wanted a successful team, and hasn't seen the slightest sign of one. Read his thoughts if you don't believe me.. His cred is fine and congratulating a fine performance is par for the course.

And is rarely wrong aswell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:43 pm

Absolutely Angry
Freathy.... the finest wind sock in Devon. Get out there and feel the wind. flower 

That's got to be the scat line at the top of the forum, mods, given the weather tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:48 pm

Being short-sighted is the norm for the average Aviva and a visit to Specsavers won't cure the problem  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:51 pm

There's also the prize money if we reach round 4. Not sure how much it is but it all helps.

I have to hold my hand up and say I got it wrong about Reid. 13 goals now this season and he seems to be a right handful for any defence.

Just think where it might end with a little investment Mr Brent?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Purrington sounds like he's got a fine career in front of him. A shortage of full backs who can do what he appears to be able to do. He'll be in demand fairly soon, word doesn't take long. Just goes to show if you're good enough, you're old enough. So much for the Lecointe/Harvey thing.

Sheridan must be delighted with this purple patch. Maybe he's hit on something, it can just gel sometimes. Time will tell.

Sounded like the best away performance and comeback since Argyle bailed out of the Championship.

the villa youth game for me shows there are others to come through, maybe nows the time to do it ?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:59 pm

At the time Ruben first came on loan I said on here that it was a good move based particularly on when I saw him play several times for the Gulls, I thought he had skill and potential. But like the rest of us after he played 11 or 12 games without scoring I thought he and Sheridan rightly got some stick.
So if anything has come out of Ruben now scoring 13 goals this season, it is Sheridan's judgement and faith was spot on and the player has repayed the faith in him and has clearly got some ability.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 7:11 pm

TYPICAL WEBB INSPIRED Sh*t wrote:
Drew Savage ‏@DrewSavageSport 36m
To everyone who fought, battled, donated or worked unpaid to keep Plymouth Argyle alive - today was your day. Makes it all worth it. #pafc

he does know we didnt just beat man utd at old trafford doesnt he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Sign Reid.....NOW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:02 pm

If we win the replay our prize money is a guaranteed £67,500. We're already guaranteed £27,000 but it starts to rise sharply after round 4.

This is all helping the club massively, even if it is just to pay off debts.

Add into the mix the games played so far in the FA Cup and you can see how costly it has been losing to non-league opposition previously.

What would ultimately be even more of a money-spinner is if we keep up this form in the league as well. Our current form is quite incredible compared to the Sh*t we've been used to, only 2 defeats in 16 games, and that is the one thing which will bring the crowds flooding back, rising up the league.

We have upcoming games with Southend and Rochdale either side of the Port Vale replay, and both of those sides are currently in 4th and 5th. If we can take 4 or 6 points from those two games then I would have to say that we were real play-off candidates, a far cry from early October when we were soundly beaten by Shitty at Sid James Park.

Exeter have gone the other way completely and other than a win against the awful Torquay, they're in a real poor run of form.

Momentum is definitely with us currently and I'd love that to continue for the next 3 games at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:09 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Sign Reid.....NOW

out of contract in the summer so who knows i hope we do but i suspect others in league 1 and 2 will be interested in him too.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:11 pm

I think the clubs get 45% each and the FA takes 10% of the money generated by attendances. Or something like that. It's not an even 3 way split.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Anyone from the Championship downwards will now be keeping an eye on Reid. Will probably pass the 20 mark. What 20 a year striker can be got for nothing ?
If anyone thinks Jimmy will offer a 2/3 year deal with more per week than would a lower Championship team, they're dreaming.
Reid has been a slow burn in his career. He knows his next 2 deals need to set him up for life as they say. We're not in that league anymore ... literally. He'll want to get in amongst it up in footy land. His agent will know his worth after this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Anyone from the Championship downwards will now be keeping an eye on Reid. Will probably pass the 20 mark. What 20 a year striker can be got for nothing ?
If anyone thinks Jimmy will offer a 2/3 year deal with more per week than would a lower Championship team, they're dreaming.
Reid has been a slow burn in his career. He knows his next 2 deals need to set him up for life as they say. We're not in that league anymore ... literally. He'll want to get in amongst it up in footy land.

championship clubs wont be that interested considering he has never been able to perform at that level.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Yeah but Reid had a go at WBA (where he probably made seriousish money) and failed then Yeovil effectively released him... Can't see him moving up more than a division if he moves up at all. If we want, really want, to keep him then I'm sure we could.

And if he wants to stay and we don't sign him on... Looks like we have yet another preventable PR disaster looming on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:37 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Sign Reid.....NOW

Can't help thinking that fat Gary will be pragmatically thinking The Glovers have a reasonable chance of going down and Ruben may knock in a few in league 1, but hey who knows? but yes on current form we should try and get him on a permanent - he does seem to like it down here. But then again if he gets a few more then I'm sure a few other league1/2 clubs will be circling around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:12 pm

akagreengull wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Sign Reid.....NOW

Can't help thinking that fat Gary will be pragmatically thinking The Glovers have a reasonable chance of going down and Ruben may knock in a few in league 1, but hey who knows? but yes on current form we should try and get him on a permanent - he does seem to like it down here. But then again if he gets a few more then I'm sure a few other league1/2 clubs will be circling around.

See the thread on pasoti that suggests there was a scout taking notes on Hourihane, Reid & Nelson. Who knows?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:41 pm

Well blow me down. I'm such a Sh*t fan nowadays not only did I not travel to the game I went out to see a mate in deepest darkest Cornwall and even missed it on the radio. I came home and asked how it went- not with any positivity I may add- and heard the score, I was shocked. Bleddy well done, and a 2 0 comeback! I don't like to tempt fate so I won't, the next three or four games will really show the mettle of the team but his can only help the confidence of team and fans. Or if we win the replay maybe even Tring will break into a smile.  geek 
As for Purrington...sssshhhhh!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm sure I heard that Purrington was the worst on the pitch!!!!  Suspect clown

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Port Vale match thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next