Elias
pepsipete
Jethro
Peggy
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Port Vale match thread Empty
PostSubject: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:33 pm

LINK

Lavery made unavailable by Wednesday. Explains why Tope's loan has been extended.

Jake Cole is starting. I know that's been Sheridan's policy, to alternate keepers, but it surely gets to the point that he has to pick his best players available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Not confident for this one at all confounded by the loss of Lavery.
There also seems to be a pedestrian attitude by some sections of the fanbase towards the FA Cup thinking that were somehow going to make the play-offs so sod the FA Cup!!  Evil or Very Mad 
FFS were mid table and can slide back down the table just as easily as we have climbed it and should be going all out to try and get a result on Sunday,this might be our only chance of doing anything of note this season.
Play the strongest team and see what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:08 pm

Jake is a great keeper who is unfortunate to be out of the side due to McCormick's form so i have no issue with him playing in cup games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Me neither.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:20 pm

knecht wrote:
LINK

Lavery made unavailable by Wednesday. Explains why Tope's loan has been extended.

Jake Cole is starting. I know that's been Sheridan's policy, to alternate keepers, but it surely gets to the point that he has to pick his best players available.

I guess John shares Paul Lambert's view on the cup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Mmmm... With Lavery out then I may have to re think my forecast.......
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 11:31 pm

They played for both:

1. Darren Purse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 11:45 pm

2. Lyndsey Purse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 12:13 am

3. William Cookworthy
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 2:21 am

Nathan lowndes ?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:02 am

Peter Swan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 7:30 am

Heavy rain forecast which might mean the game is postponed.

At least we'd still be in the 4th round draw  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:29 am

We're in the draw anyway due to kick off times - the draw will take place at 2pm.

Nathan Lowndes indeed played for both. He was a really nice guy. I sourced him a wheelie bin years ago and had a long chat with him on the phone - he was very humble and loved being a part of the Sturrock team.

Neville Chamberlain, brother of Mark and uncle of Alex Oxalade-Chamberlain played for both.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:30 am

Not any played for both, they still haven't forgiven us for relegating them in 1978 ?
then again i've always disliked them. I recall a game in 91-92 where they shoved us in seats costing us more than their own fans. b#startds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:44 am

What's the betting it gets called off?
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 12:19 pm

hairy j wrote:
I sourced him a wheelie bin years ago

Pisses me off when graduates get all the best jobs  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 12:25 pm

I liked Lowndes because he showed more energy than everyone else. Unfortunately he made Marino look prolific. In hindsight I can see why Sturrock preferred the guile of Evans and the class of Stonebridge.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Could have went today but my journey back up north took me up the east side of the country as opposed to the M5/M6, would have added a few more hours plus im working early bells tomorrow, ive done my bit the last 3 weeks...praaper fan that i am  jocolor 
Gonna watch the draw then listen on BBC radio Devon online with a few cold ones.
Port Vale 2 Argyle 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:58 pm

As long as we don't play as badly as West Ham i'll be happy. Come On You Greens!!!! lets get to the 4th round and play brighton at home

Last edited by Angry on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:07 pm

home to Brighton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:08 pm

hey ho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:08 pm

I can already hear webb and nool planning to overtake the game with murial bollocks
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:10 pm

FF will be sold out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Angry wrote:
I can already hear webb and nool planning to overtake the game with murial bollocks

You took the words right out of my mouth

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Loads of mutual Fans Reunited backslapping along with the obligatory Argyle/BHA joint scarf.  Razz 

Joking aside if we can somehow get past Vale, then it's a decent home tie. I'd quite fancy going to their new place if we could scramble a draw too.  jocolor 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match thread   Port Vale match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Port Vale match thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next