swampy
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:31 pm

I don't think Chadwick will play, I include him out of hope. I would prefer Sutherland start to Lecointe as he's a little out of his depth, I don't like Sutherland either though and I don't expect him to play either because he is going back to Blackpool on sunday. If Chadwick is out we will struggle upfront again. WE NEED A STRIKER WHO CAN PLAY A FEW GAMES WITHOUT GETTING INJURED TO REPLACE CHADWICK!!!

Lennox looked good in the short period he was on against Crawley, I think he deserves a chance. Young moved into the middle to take his natural position to play next to Walton who has impressed me in the last couple. Wotton looked average against Burton and not up to it against Crawley so he can come on if needed. Hemmings as usual on the left.

In defence, Bignot looking good lately and expect him to play seen as he has extended his loan. Purse and super Blanchard in the middle. With Williams out on the left, a quick explanation as I know you will ask: Baz is a good player but he's performed badly in the last 3, hopefully just trying to keep his head down in the transfer window lol, Williams is more than capable of filling that position, just my opinion ok. Cole still in superb form so him in goal.

Port Vale 1 Argyle 1 - we seem to struggle to keep a clean sheet through some lapses in concentration, and if Chadwick doesn't play we will struggle to cause any real problems up front. Hemmings to score for us.
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Errr, I can hardly be bothered, but........................Click here

Would you like to edit now?
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Cerbera wrote:

Sutherland doesn't return to blackpool until sunday, he had travelled to port vale
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Sutherland doesn't return to blackpool until sunday, he had travelled to port vale

But????

Or do you mean he HAS travelled to Port Vale?
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Pitbull wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

But????

Or do you mean he HAS travelled to Port Vale?

He HAS
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Head says 3-0 loss, Heart says 3-1 win.

Gutted i cant be there, but instead will be giving my support to the charlton lads in the dump up the road!
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:06 pm

monti czardas wrote:

Gutted i cant be there, but instead will be giving my support to the charlton lads in the dump up the road!

You're going to SJP???? affraid
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Cerbera wrote:
monti czardas wrote:

You're going to SJP???? affraid

I am, in the away end of course, I'm busy in the evening, so i cant be at vale. Mad

Wouldnt call myself a charlton fan, but i always look out for there results and attended 2 games last season.

They should win tomorrow as well!
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Charlton will drill them a new one tomorrow.

3-1.

Wish I'd known, might have come along.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:54 pm

1-1
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Hopefully it will be a thrilling 5-3 win for us with 1000 argyle fans, as I'm attending tomorrow. Currently sat in a premier inn eating piss poor grub from the pub next door after spending the evening with my 83 year old blind gran who kept asking who I was every five minutes. Journey up took 2 hours longer than expected due to roadworks and an accident. Anyone driving up tomorrow might wanna set off a bit earlier than usual, but maybe it was just Friday afternoon traffic.

Anyway if Chadwicks not playing I'm not too hopeful, but am going to get rat assed whatever the result
drunken
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:00 pm

I fancy Bradley Wright Phillips to score, Might put a cheeky bet on actually!
Back to top Go down
swampy

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:55 am

Pitbull wrote:

I don't think Chadwick will play, I include him out of hope. I would prefer Sutherland start to Lecointe as he's a little out of his depth, I don't like Sutherland either though and I don't expect him to play either because he is going back to Blackpool on sunday. If Chadwick is out we will struggle upfront again. WE NEED A STRIKER WHO CAN PLAY A FEW GAMES WITHOUT GETTING INJURED TO REPLACE CHADWICK!!!

Lennox looked good in the short period he was on against Crawley, I think he deserves a chance. Young moved into the middle to take his natural position to play next to Walton who has impressed me in the last couple. Wotton looked average against Burton and not up to it against Crawley so he can come on if needed. Hemmings as usual on the left.

In defence, Bignot looking good lately and expect him to play seen as he has extended his loan. Purse and super Blanchard in the middle. With Williams out on the left, a quick explanation as I know you will ask: Baz is a good player but he's performed badly in the last 3, hopefully just trying to keep his head down in the transfer window lol, Williams is more than capable of filling that position, just my opinion ok. Cole still in superb form so him in goal.
As someome who has had nothing but bad things to say about Walton I am pleased to see you begrudgingly praise him for his last 2 performances. Has it not occured to you that the reason for this has been Wotton tightening up the defensive side of our midfield allowing Walton to push further forward. Yet you are now advocating pairing a youngster Young with Walton in the middle. It might just be your opinion but in my opinion I think it is pretty flawed.

Port Vale 1 Argyle 1 - we seem to struggle to keep a clean sheet through some lapses in concentration, and if Chadwick doesn't play we will struggle to cause any real problems up front. Hemmings to score for us.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:46 am

We haven't got a chance today. We'd better hope all the rest of the no-hopers around us lose too.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:56 am

Freathy wrote:
We haven't got a chance today. We'd better hope all the rest of the no-hopers around us lose too.

Is that Jumbo Jack Chisholm Sad Act ?

He chatted my Mum up in Central Park when I was in the pram. lol!
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:59 am

Cerbera wrote:

3-1.

3 - 1 Cerbera, you jest mate. City won't hit the back of the net.

4 nil to Charlton. I bet Argyle will make the day worse by sneaking a 1 nil win at Port Vale. The cat will get it later
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:02 am

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Is that Jumbo Jack Chisholm Sad Act ?

He chatted my Mum up in Central Park when I was in the pram. lol!

lol!

It certainly is! He was my old Grandad's favourite player. He went on about Jumbo all the time to me when we used to go to Argyle together.
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:05 am

The Red Star wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

3-1.

3 - 1 Cerbera, you jest mate. City won't hit the back of the net.

4 nil to Charlton. I bet Argyle will make the day worse by sneaking a 1 nil win at Port Vale. The cat will get it later

Own goal mate. Nards playing?

It's okay, I have 0-4 in the sweep too!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:07 am

Mention of Jumbo reminds me of our need for a goalie like William Foulke, who played for Sheffield United and Chelsea just over 100 years ago:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:11 am

Peggy wrote:
Mention of Jumbo reminds me of our need for a goalie like William Foulke, who played for Sheffield United and Chelsea just over 100 years ago:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pure athelete
Back to top Go down
GreenMill

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:25 pm

1-1 too!

And that would be an excellent point.

As a trivial aside, I met a Crewe fan at a party recently - we reminisced about Hughie Reed - and discovered that Port Vale are Crewe's bitterest rivals!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:44 pm

If pushed I would plump for a draw, I'm afraid my opinion of the football in this Division is that it's absolutely piss poor and you can't predict any result for any team. As so ably demonstrated in our very own prediction thread Laughing
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:31 pm

I see that Hereford are currently 2 down at home to Shrewsbury.
Back to top Go down

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Played for a draw and got our just deserts. Sad
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:27 pm

We had no other option, we were poor.
Southend next week, YIKES!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Port Vale match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale match   Port Vale match Empty

Back to top Go down

Port Vale match
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next