Freathy
Mock Cuncher
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:50 am

Wonder if there'll be an improvement in attitude to combine with the new manager.

I can't help but feel that some of our players are just plain shit, but even Chadwick when he wants to (ie when he first signed last year) can play better than he has been.

I'd go:

------------------Cole
Berry Nelson Blanchard ATD's Robbie Williams
PCH Hourihane Chadwick Bhasera
----------------Gurrieri
----------------Harvey

Yup, Chadwick in midfield, the little argie in behind the striker who's capable of scoring.

Roar.

Port Vale 4-0 Argyle
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:16 am

I went to the port vale away game last season and it really hit home how absolutely shit we were. The worst performance I'd seen from Argyle ever I would say, and even as pissed as I was I can't remember us having a shot on goal the whole game.

I went with my United supporting cousin and I was really embarrassed, both because of Argyle's performance and me throwing up before the game. 8% cider and no breakfast wasn't the most sensible thing I've ever done Embarassed

He enjoyed the atmosphere though.

Will be interesting to see if wholesale changes are made. Can't see Cole playing because surely larrieu, romains sister, would have advised Fletcher which keeper was best?

I think it will be same old same old really and if Vale get an early goal we could get a bitch slapping today.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:37 am

Greenjock wrote:

Will be interesting to see if wholesale changes are made. Can't see Cole playing because surely larrieu, romains sister, would have advised Fletcher which keeper was best?
I'm not sure Larrieu was much good at anything other than his own positioning. I can't think he was particularly agile, his hands weren't great, he wasn't exactly an organiser...He's a dignified chap from most accounts who has been here for a long time. I'm not sure he offers significant amounts more.

#larryooforpresident
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:39 am

I sense a hammering today

Vale 5 Argyle 0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:12 am

I would be well happy with a draw.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:37 am

A thorough spanking is on the cards. We'll be relieved when the final whistle blows and it's only 4-0 to Vale. Poor old Larryo and Nance will be shell shocked. Sooooo glad I won't be there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 am

There will be a number of Argyle players who will up their game over the next few matches to try and impress the new manager who I expect will be watching.

Having said that Vale will still rip the deadbeats a new one.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:49 am

My interest will be focused on the 3rd round of the F.A.Cup (what's that?) where the minnows (yep know about that) will bid for glory (sigh).
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Here are some words for the lads today..

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Strange game is this,knowing that the new gaffer will be in place early doors,how will the players react i wonder.

Will we see a rampant Argyle,playing for their futures perhaps,or the usual hum-drum effort we would normally witness.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Team is announced. Chadwick playing on his own up front, oh joy!

Reg
Berry, Nelson, Blanch, WIlliams
Baz, Wotton, young, Hourihance, PCH
Chadwick

Subs: Cole, Jamie Richards, Griffiths, Feeney, Lowry, MLC, Gurreiri

Last edited by Flat_Track_Bully on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Argyle starters for today's Vale visit: Big Reg; Durrell, Nelse, Max, Willo; Wottsy; PCH, Youngy, Conor, Baz; Chads

Subs: Jake, Griff, Feeno, Jamie L, Matty, Jamie R, Andy G

Fook knows who half of these fookers are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:38 pm

A new manager often dictates a win but with Chadwick up front there would be more chance of it never raining again.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:38 pm

Wotton back....

I wonder how injured he really was towards the end, and if the rumour of him being knocked oot by Big Daz are true, etc.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Larry and Nance haven't got a clue what they're doing so today has to be written off. I'm sure the players will at least try today unlike they did for clueless but Port Vale have a manager and some tactics.

When the new manager arrives offer Larry the honoury president's role (unpaid obviously) and show Nance the door.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Harvey still injured or off to pastures new?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Freathy wrote:
Larry and Nance haven't got a clue what they're doing so today has to be written off. I'm sure the players will at least try today unlike they did for clueless but Port Vale have a manager and some tactics.

When the new manager arrives offer Larry the honoury president's role (unpaid obviously) and show Nance the door.
Nance was a youth coach before Brent decided we didn't need one.

He could go back to that role.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:47 pm

I'm with Freathy here this game is a nothing. We're expecting a hammering anything else is a bonus.

Do they see something in Chadders that we all miss? Cos I see this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:49 pm

Apparently Sheridan is at Vale Park.

Wonder if he will still be interested come Monday!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:53 pm

See Sparks is blubbing about the prospect of Romain leaving
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
My interest will be focused on the 3rd round of the F.A.Cup (what's that?) where the minnows (yep know about that) will bid for glory (sigh).

Brighton 2 Newcastle 0 FT
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Aye and there's a Dorris on t'radio talking about football bless her
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:10 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
See Sparks is blubbing about the prospect of Romain leaving

im sure he will be kept on in some sort of capacity but dont know what if John does bring in mark crossley in aswell as tommy wright as mark is a GK by trade too.

we need a decent president so perhaps brent can do the fanbase a favour and get rid of the clingon webb and hire him instead Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:11 pm

We're playing well, but then again, it is Sparks that's saying it so it means sweet FA really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:12 pm

feckin Rugby on commentary
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Chadders off.

We probably won't notice tbf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread   Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Port Vale vs Argyle - Match Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next