green_genie
Tringreen
Peggy
Dougie
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 8:46 pm

Methinks twas tgwu
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:00 pm

If the council had agreed to a rent "holiday" to say help the club get back on it's feet, why wouldn't they have publicised it as it's good PR? Why wouldn't JB have announced that he had negotiated a "rent holiday" to help the club etc etc?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:16 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Methinks twas tgwu
It was and I am still waiting for an answer, he said he would look into it.

I am still waiting for my insurance company to send a rep to look at my leaky roof

And I am trying to work out how to replace a two-way switch because I did not write down the diagram of the wiring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:21 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
If the council had agreed to a rent "holiday" to say help the club get back on it's feet, why wouldn't they have publicised it as it's good PR?  Why wouldn't JB have announced that he had negotiated a "rent holiday" to help the club etc etc?
I can't think of many businesses out there that wouldn't love a holiday for their financial responsibilities, so if this is true, why is Brent getting special attention?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:25 pm

GOB wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
If the council had agreed to a rent "holiday" to say help the club get back on it's feet, why wouldn't they have publicised it as it's good PR?  Why wouldn't JB have announced that he had negotiated a "rent holiday" to help the club etc etc?
I can't think of many businesses out there that wouldn't love a holiday for their financial responsibilities, so if this is true, why is Brent getting special attention?
Gob, once they saw his quivering lip, i doubt they will ever ask him for rent!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:26 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Indeed.

It's obvious from Newells replies and the direction that he's attempting to steer that thread, that what started out as "rediculous" lies, actually are closer to the truth than he'd wanna admit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:28 pm

GOB wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

Because him and Tenpole looked each other in the eyes, lips quivered and eternal love was declared. Wink 
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:49 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Methinks twas tgwu
It was and I am still waiting for an answer, he said he would look into it.

I am still waiting for my insurance company to send a rep to look at my leaky roof

And I am trying to work out how to replace a two-way switch because I did not write down the diagram of the wiring.
Is this any use Tgwu?

Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 2_way_10

The green cable is the earth.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:58 pm

I hate to mention that ALL electrical work has to be done and signed off by a fully qualified electrician.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:01 pm

If all the Plymouth based ATD'ers contacted their local councillor and asked about the "arrangement" someone will get the details because the story emanates from a councillor who is fed up at the way Brent seems to have PCC over a barrel and the special treatment he gets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:03 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
I hate to mention that ALL electrical work has to be done and signed off by a fully qualified electrician.

Can you put my Christmas tree lights up ? Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:04 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
True.Smile 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:07 pm

Have I got this right?

Argyle is not behind on its rent payments because a rent holiday has been negotiated.

So that means we now know that the council has given Brent £1.6m, 1.22 acres of land and 2 years, so far, rent free usage of Home Park.

I wonder what else he's been given?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:13 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
Can you put my Christmas tree lights up ?  Very Happy 
No, you can manage that lovely little job on your own. santa  The regulations stop short of needing electricians to put a plug in. You better be quick though before that's against the law as well. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Have I got this right?

Argyle is not behind on its rent payments because a rent holiday has been negotiated.

So that means we now know that the council has given Brent £1.6m, 1.22 acres of land and 2 years, so far, rent free usage of Home Park.

According to Dunlop on t'otherside the CEO completely denied this story when asked the question at the Senior Greens meeting.

So the Senior Greens are now getting answers to questions faster than the PASB can even ask them. lol! lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:28 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Have I got this right?

According to Dunlop on t'otherside the CEO completely denied this story when asked the question at the Senior Greens meeting.

So the Senior Greens are now getting answers to questions faster than the PASB can even ask them. lol! lol! lol! lol! 
They're a hard bunch though the Senior Greens, wouldn't want to mess with them.

I still found the exact wording of Dunlops post a little strange;

At today's Senior Greens meeting i asked the CEO if there was any truth that the club had not been paying rent or rates, he said absolutely not true, there have been negotiations with the relevant council departments on the amounts that are being charged and there are ongoing discussions.

Absolutely not true that the club had not been paying rent or rates, but negotiations have been taking place and there are ongoing discussions? Sounds like a politicians answer to me and Newell has pretty much admitted that there is a negotiated payment holiday, which is almost certainly what he's been told to say.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:38 pm

I'm sure that Dunlop is posting in good faith what he understood to be the answer to his question but without knowing exactly how both question and answer were phrased, and given the lengthy list of times that truth economy has been employed, it's hard to be convinced by what he has posted. This needs to be completely clarified by either the club or the council in writing so that we can be sure that wiggle room isn't being utilised to the max.

And if that sounds unnecessarily suspicious it comes about as a direct result of the club's entire approach to openness and transparency over many months.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 5:24 am

It could of course be manufactured lies that have been designed and then spread in the knowledge that a well known victim of a hate and smear campaign would raise the matter leaving him wide open for an attack and, a continuation of the smearing and hate campaign in the hope that his respected reputation would be discredited. Looking at the predictable names of those joining the crusade debate, I would not be at all surprised if this was the case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 6:34 am

That's more likely GOB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 6:58 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'm sure that Dunlop is posting in good faith what he understood to be the answer to his question but without knowing exactly how both question and answer were phrased, and given the lengthy list of times that truth economy has been employed, it's hard to be convinced by what he has posted. This needs to be completely clarified by either the club or the council in writing so that we can be sure that wiggle room isn't being utilised to the max.

And if that sounds unnecessarily suspicious it comes about as a direct result of the club's entire approach to openness and transparency over many months.
This is the one for me - look forward to the answer from the council now!! No smoke without fire as they say!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:37 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
True.Smile 
I thought you could change a socket or switch

I found this on the web

Quote Default Re: Who can change a socket?

If replacing like for like e.g. a socket front or light switch, without alteration to the circuit, anyone can do it. be sure to isolate the supply before starting.

My switch box as two switches, one for the toilet and one for the landing light (which can be operate down stairs)

Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:53 am

Greenjock wrote:
If all the Plymouth based ATD'ers contacted their local councillor and asked about the "arrangement" someone will get the details because the story emanates from a councillor who is fed up at the way Brent seems to have PCC over a barrel and the special treatment he gets.
I'll be fishing out the email addresses of all my ward councillors tonight and writing to them to ask whether there is some kind of financial break that has been granted to Brent. The following seem like reasonable questions to ask on details of such an arrangement if it exists:

- is this a 'payment holiday' - i.e. rental for the ground is free - in which case the club's financial position in the amount of losses it's currently incurring is even more worrying

- has a discount been agreed with Brent - in which case what is the percentage granted

- is there an arrangement between the club and PCC that any discounts or freebies have to be paid back and if so what is the payback period.

If the recounting of the CEO's response at the Senior Greens meeting is accurate, I'd interpret that as some kind of arrangement between the club and PCC. If so what could be the impact for the club in years to come, if any?

Happy to add other questions / change the above for those who are more au fait with this stuff than me
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:58 am

Chase up my first e-mail by asking if a rent and rates holiday as been negotiated between Argyle and the Council.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:23 am

Who needs the Herald when we have ATD!

I'll be emailing councilors tonight with a few questions.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 10:44 am

One more time with feeling.

This information did not emanate from anywhere near either side of Argyle politics.
I first heard it 18 months ago directly from someone in a position to know and it still held true when last heard 6 months ago and the "negotiations" were described as one sided.

Good luck with trying to find anything concrete out but MrRapson has it right on t'other side where he states that no Councillor is likely to step out of line and risk bringing the whole £180M Brent PCC love in crashing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange rumour about the club
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next