green_genie
Tringreen
Peggy
Dougie
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:18 pm

This is a conceptual argument for me as there's no evidence it's true and no evidence it isn't true either. To claim though that this is good for the club really isn't a wise move as the population of Plymouth vastly outweighs the die hard, green blooded Plymouth Argyle fan. This would be a political issue rather than a football issue and try telling someone who struggles to pay their Council Tax that some chap from "up the line" is not paying rent to the tune of £100k+. It might not go down too well.

The best thing pasoti and the pro James Brent posters over there could have done was ignore Damon's post as they're actually feeding a rumour that is, on the face of it, very damaging. There's a "he doth protest too much" nature to IJN's posts however, I'd doubt very much that James Brent would divulge all his financial dealings with a bloke who runs a fan forum site. IJN likes to appear 'in the know' however in doing so, he'll often make things much worse - in this case, pouring petrol on a rumour that didn't even have any smoke to begin with.

Last edited by hairy j on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:22 pm

How long before Damon is banned from Pasoti? I wonder if that is why Daz is back - to give Nool enough puppet mod votes to ban him for good.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:28 pm

hairy j wrote:
This is a conceptual argument for me as there's no evidence it's true and no evidence it isn't true either. To claim though that this is good for the club really isn't a wise move as the population of Plymouth vastly outweighs the die hard, green blooded Plymouth Argyle fan. This would be a political issue rather than a football issue and try telling someone who struggles to pay their Council Tax that some chap from "up the line" is not paying rent to the tune of £100k+ might not go down too well.

The best thing pasoti and the pro James Brent posters over there could have done was ignore Damon's post as they're actually feeding a rumour that is, on the face of it, very damaging.
Gareth N posted this earlier.

Gareth Nicholson wrote:
Just fancy that!

From "It's not serious, Graham, it's ludicrous" to "there probably is some truth in some of this..." in fewer than four hours.
"Probably some truth in it" says Nooly.

You think he would have said that were it not true?

But admittedly he's lied repeatedly before and he's still got sleeper accounts on there the mods haven't spotted. Or perhaps they have but what can they do about it?

If I was Ian I'd be bricking it Big Time that one of them isn't keeping proof of every last lowdown, dirty scumbag trick and waiting for the point of no return when he's stitched up so tight his eyes pop out of his head and it can't be long now. I wonder which mod it'll be?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Lets have some nice rumours for a change, heard that a consortium headed by Richard Branston are about to take over Argyle, build a spanking new stadium with 50,000 seated capacity and massive investment in the playing side, with Ollie coming back as manager. Can't tell where I heard it, was asleep at the time.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:33 pm

I heard that one as well and Kelly Brook is part of the consortium and that she very, very fond of goats. Razz 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:36 pm

Two of us, it must be true. Zoo corner to be renamed Goat Corner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:41 pm

I think 90% of what IJN comes out with on pasoti when it comes to being in the know is rubbish. It adds to his image. It's like the'kid in the playground who tells people his Dad got an Xbox prototype console from America and it has the best graphics ever but nobody is allowed to pop over to his house and play it as it is TOP SECRET. It's baloney. Why would someone with hundreds of millions of pounds of potential investment confide in a bloke like Ian Newell? Add to that, why would a bloke like James Brent casually mention confidential and private matters to someone who owns a forum that is regularly used by the local press to obtain 'gossip' stories on slow news days?

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Two of us, it must be true.  Zoo corner to be renamed Goat Corner
cheers Fame at last!

FFS Hairy that rumour is old hat and this is the one to talk about!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:50 pm

hairy j wrote:
I think 90% of what IJN comes out with on pasoti when it comes to being in the know is rubbish. It adds to his image. It's like the'kid in the playground who tells people his Dad got an Xbox prototype console from America and it has the best graphics ever but nobody is allowed to pop over to his house and play it as it is TOP SECRET. It's baloney. Why would someone with hundreds of millions of pounds of potential investment confide in a bloke like Ian Newell? Add to that, why would a bloke like James Brent casually mention confidential and private matters to someone who owns a forum that is regularly used by the local press to obtain 'gossip' stories on slow news days?

Don't know. It beats the shit out of me.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Knobber nool in meltdown, damon really gets to argyles most important fan! how dare he question the benevolent banker!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:34 pm

hairy j wrote:
This is a conceptual argument for me as there's no evidence it's true and no evidence it isn't true either. To claim though that this is good for the club really isn't a wise move as the population of Plymouth vastly outweighs the die hard, green blooded Plymouth Argyle fan. This would be a political issue rather than a football issue and try telling someone who struggles to pay their Council Tax that some chap from "up the line" is not paying rent to the tune of £100k+. It might not go down too well.

The best thing pasoti and the pro James Brent posters over there could have done was ignore Damon's post as they're actually feeding a rumour that is, on the face of it, very damaging. There's a "he doth protest too much" nature to IJN's posts however, I'd doubt very much that James Brent would divulge all his financial dealings with a bloke who runs a fan forum site. IJN likes to appear 'in the know' however in doing so, he'll often make things much worse - in this case, pouring petrol on a rumour that didn't even have any smoke to begin with.
What if the source of this rumour is from within PCC who knows exactly what has been agreed with Mr Brent and is pissed off how far the council is prepared to bend over for him?

There is substance to all of this because it wouldn't be discussed on Pasoti for 30 seconds if it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Christ, they've cleaned that thread up good & proper, seems to have lost at least an entire page, mostly of porcine ranting from memory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:43 pm

I agree with newell, I just can't see brenty doing this as it would portray him as some sort of legal crook, his reputation for honesty and transparency would be shattered and he would probably find it difficult to deal with local authorities again. Then there's the reputation of those involved in PCC that would have helped gain such a "wonderful" deal and the questions that would be asked. Surely not!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 pm

FY 310 wrote:
Christ, they've cleaned that thread up good & proper, seems to have lost at least an entire page, mostly of porcine ranting from memory.
Oh it's been cleansed alright lol! Anyone who mentions what Porky said will be told they must have dreamed it before they have problems logging in Razz 

The new transparent Pasoti, just like the new transparent Argyle lol! 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:26 am

Greenjock wrote:
FY 310 wrote:
Oh it's been cleansed alright lol! Anyone who mentions what Porky said will be told they must have dreamed it before they have problems logging in Razz 

The new transparent Pasoti, just like the new transparent Argyle lol! 

Thank god for that, I'm not going mad - was sure I saw the sleight of hand!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:55 am

Newell's posts calling Damon "odious" etc. have gone. The "hands in the till" comment has gone too. Damon and Newell need their own forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:55 am

Always carry out a thread cleansing about 6 hours after everyone has read it.

Yeah, that's bright innit! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:58 am

Daz has been brought back to clean things up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:00 am

Good old dependable Daz, not quite as bright as white.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:11 am

I give "Ho Ho Green Benny" till 5 pm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:45 am

Womble has made a valid point of keeping on topic despite Newells very predictable attempt to deflect any questioning and to take it off track with a personal hate campaign as he does when any questions are raised regarding his lip quivering friend.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:55 am

Gareth Nicholson wrote:
Just fancy that!

From "It's not serious, Graham, it's ludicrous" to "there probably is some truth in some of this..." in fewer than four hours.
This is the interesting stuff that has been cleansed.

They hadn't thought of the wider political implications when trotting out that not paying rent was a good move for PAFC by JB.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:19 am

Bloody hell. I don't read ATD for a few days and I miss this!! popcorn 

Did anyone manage some screen-grabs before De-Liar and Co cleansed the thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:43 am

Newell is backed into the corner once again by inelegant debate that we all know is out of his depth, hence the return to Damon bashing.......again....again....and again.

Come on mods get cleaning and tell him what a naughty boy he is.....again clown 
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:57 am

So how do PCC council tax payers go about getting one of these holidays? After all, if I didn't have to pay my council tax, I could spend all the money saved in the club shop, on refreshments, or by going to more games. That can surely only be good for PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange rumour about the club
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next