Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....

Go down 
+21
Coxside_Green
jabba the gut ecfc
Greenskin
Damon.Lenszner
argyle_till_i_die
lawnmowerman
Jethro
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Dane
argyl3
Chemical Ali
LondonGreen
Peggy
Czarcasm
gasser9
Dougie
green_genie
Tringreen
Elias
mannameadbabe
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 5:16 pm

Nest of vipers if I ever seen one
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:00 pm

John Sparkes was the fifth 'Yes' voter.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Yahoo replied

"Your account was brought to our attention through report abuse. Upon review....your account was terminated"

They won't state the nature of the abuse or the content of the complaint. Someone doesn't like it up them. A REAL Sad small minded humourless individual.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:35 am

Did u have them saved somewhere else, Dougie? If so, I think a new thread is in order to resurrect them all, one by one, purely for the purposes of pissing off our sad complainant.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:40 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Did u have them saved somewhere else, Dougie? If so, I think a new thread is in order to resurrect them all, one by one, purely for the purposes of pissing off our sad complainant.
Hope he does Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Dougie wrote:
Yahoo replied

"Your account was brought to our attention through report abuse. Upon review....your account was terminated"

They won't state the nature of the abuse or the content of the complaint.  Someone doesn't like it up them.  A REAL Sad small minded humourless individual.
It could well be a complaint from GOS, it wouldn't be the first time, he even complained because I used one of his photos for the ATD banner when I was getting it off the ground that I found using a Google search, so I assume he copyrighted it after I had searched.

Steve from GOS made his position clear when he commented on Newell's ATD slur thread on pasoti last year, since then he has denied it but enough of us saw it. I have little time for the man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:39 pm

GOB wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Yahoo replied

They won't state the nature of the abuse or the content of the complaint.  Someone doesn't like it up them.  A REAL Sad small minded humourless individual.
It could well be a complaint from GOS, it wouldn't be the first time, he even complained because I used one of his photos for the ATD banner when I was getting it off the ground that I found using a Google search, so I assume he copyrighted it after I had searched.

Steve from GOS made his position clear when he commented on Newell's ATD slur thread on pasoti last year, since then he has denied it but enough of us saw it. I have little time for the man.
I expect it was Postey telling Steve and Steve being rammed right up Newell's ass he decided to complain having nothing better to do.

It's a great site but like GOB says he showed that he's a Newell fan no matter what the fat cnut did.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Dougie wrote:
Yahoo replied

they can't take a bleddy joke down on the farm can they
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:50 pm

GOB wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Yahoo replied

Not saying Steve wouldn't have complained about the copyright thing, but:

(a) having worked with him for years I've got a lot of time for him
(b) he avoids the 'politics' like the plague, and was horrified (and very supportive) about my, erm, incident, and
(c) he was trying to hand over GoS a while back; I'm not sure how far that's got, but he might not have much involvement any more, so even if the complaint is from GoS it's not necessarily from him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Peggy wrote:
GOB wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Yahoo replied

Not saying Steve wouldn't have complained about the copyright thing, but:

(a) having worked with him for years I've got a lot of time for him
(b) he avoids the 'politics' like the plague, and was horrified (and very supportive) about my, erm, incident, and
(c) he was trying to hand over GoS a while back; I'm not sure how far that's got, but he might not have much involvement any more, so even if the complaint is from GoS it's not necessarily from him
I have to disagree with "B" Peggy, he didn't avoid the politics in a pasoti thread that was aimed solely at abusing users of ATD. However, I certainly don't have him painted as one of the bully gang.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:17 pm

Thought he gave up running GOS a few weeks/months back. Sam is one of the 'Co' GOS badgers now  believe.

Last edited by Tringreen on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Thought he gave up running GOS a few weeks/months back. Sam is one of the 'CO' GOS badgers now  believe.
I'm not sure if he's given it up completely. It's most certainly a labour of love and a credit to his perseverance over the years. I've always wondered though, why he doesn't make the Home page a little bit 'less busy'?

I'm no Web designer, but having a Home page with so many navigation links makes it all seem a touch cluttered. Even different bigger font sizes for the most recently relevant links would help.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Hes on the farms side where else would they have got the mural photos from.
guilty by association
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:07 pm

How does providing photos (if that's what GoS) did make him on anyone's side? I mean .... just because I post on here It doesn't mean I'm on a side. How about you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:31 pm

I think it was his comments that sealed it for me Knecht. if someone cares to find the thread, if it still exist and hasn't been edited, you will see why.

That's just my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:27 am

I think he still runs the photo and match side of GoS. I'm sure Sam and another are doing the daily diary part.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:47 am

As someone else who knows Steve, I'll second Peggy's defence of him.

He is a very decent man who doesn't want to get embroiled in the sleaze of Argyle "politics".

He has interjected on a couple of threads where the "attack dogs" were trying to discredit my arguments on HHP.

It is the vilification of people like Steve and Sue who are only seen by the wider Argyle community as spending their own time doing good for the club that leaves this site wide open to the inner circles' "freaks and weirdos" conspiracy theorists jibes .
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 7:47 am

green_genie wrote:
As someone else who knows Steve, I'll second Peggy's defence of him.

He is a very decent man who doesn't want to get embroiled in the sleaze of Argyle "politics".

He has interjected on a couple of threads where the "attack dogs" were trying to discredit my arguments on HHP.

It is the vilification of people like Steve and Sue who are only seen by the wider Argyle community as spending their own time doing good for the club that leaves this site wide open to the inner circles' "freaks and weirdos" conspiracy theorists jibes .
Fair comment. Personally, I feel that the culture created by the Pasoti controllers and their chums, has divided sections of the potential fanbase.
The reluctant one spotted their credentials and has used them to get what he wants.
If the likes of Steve and Sue have been tarred with the same brush unfairly, that is indeed regrettable and should cease.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:15 am

Yahoo have come back and cited copyright. But they also said they don't check to see if it is the copyright owner reporting the abuse. They said one image only was reported but that was enough for them to delete the account. The said the copyright owner could have just as easily contacted me to request the image be taken down.

I believe the report abuse was used maliciously to stop me displaying satire and parody about PAFC and REAL mates in the directors box. One could only hazard a guess at who did it and I don't really intend to.

All I know is that they don't like it up them. And it won't stop me being frivilous, irreverent, impertinent or contemptuous about happenings at Home Park.

2014 calender ready for Christmas anyone?
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:23 am

I have met both Steve and sue and they do try to stay away from the politics that go on. Sue and Steve only do the things they do for the love of the club. They don't do things for awards. Sue was most embarrassed when she was talked into the fan of the year award. As others have said we can be sometimes on here to quick to judge because of association with the bad eggs at pafc.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:26 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
I have met both Steve and sue and they do try to stay away from the politics that go on. Sue and Steve only do the things they do for the love of the club. They don't do things for awards. Sue was most embarrassed when she was talked into the fan of the year award. As others have said we can be sometimes on here to quick to judge because of association with the bad eggs at pafc.

Trouble is, if you hang out with bad eggs, the stench tends to permeate your thinking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:54 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
It's not about judging anyone, it's about a matter of fact. Newell created one of his many hate threads on pasoti and Steve joined in with it. - If anyone is prepared to delve back on ATD you will find a thread that's discussing it and links to newell's pasoti hate thread, I cannot be arsed.

I don't consider that Steve is one of the shit mob, but I was disappointed that he chose to join that thread without any provocation what-so-ever. As far as I am aware GOS and Steve have always been supported by the majority of users on ATD, as was Sue.

It did at the time dampen my enthusiasm for using GOS but that was regained when Sam joined GOS. Sam is not someone that I have always agreed with in one or two debates but that's because of the nature of these forums and we tend to only comment when we disagree, I think he has one of the wisest heads on ATD and has a very considered opinion for such a young man who is not intimidated easily and can hold his own in a debate.

I also remain with the opinion that those that use pasoti are propping up a bully regime that is having a negative impact on the Club and, any logically thinking person that views the evidence would I believe, agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:05 am

I tend to agree about Sue. There were a few, shall we say, less than favourable comments on the thread about her going to Bucky Palace to collect her medal.

Sue, off her own back, has gone above and beyond the call of duty to do what she can to raise funds and awareness re PAFC's current and ongoing plight.

I don't think for one minute she is/was interested in the cross-forum shenanigans, but as Tringy say's, if you hang around with bad eggs, according to some, you're as bad as them. In Sue's case, this is just not so, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:30 am

GOB wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
It's not about judging anyone, it's about a matter of fact. Newell created one of his many hate threads on pasoti and Steve joined in with it. - If anyone is prepared to delve back on ATD you will find a thread that's discussing it and links to newell's pasoti hate thread, I cannot be arsed.

I don't consider that Steve is one of the shit mob, but I was disappointed that he chose to join that thread without any provocation what-so-ever. As far as I am aware GOS and Steve have always been supported by the majority of users on ATD, as was Sue.

It did at the time dampen my enthusiasm for using GOS but that was regained when Sam joined GOS. Sam is not someone that I have always agreed with in one or two debates but that's because of the nature of these forums and we tend to only comment when we disagree, I think he has one of the wisest heads on ATD and has a very considered opinion for such a young man who is not intimidated easily and can hold his own in a debate.

I also remain with the opinion that those that use pasoti are propping up a bully regime that is having a negative impact on the Club and, any logically thinking person that views the evidence would I believe, agree.

I did say try to stay away from politics. I would like to read what he said about us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 10:15 am

I honestly can't remember the words LM, I just remember being disappointed that he joined in with the bullying campaign, all be it in a minor way. 

ATD has grown a lot since and no longer needs to be concerned about such comments, at the time though it left a bad taste with a few of us. 

It's all in the past now and Steve is insignificant in this war of fans forums, but the fact that he comments on pasoti and not on ATD should be an indication of where he stands. No big deal I know and it is after all a free world, but.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next