Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....

Go down 
+21
Coxside_Green
jabba the gut ecfc
Greenskin
Damon.Lenszner
argyle_till_i_die
lawnmowerman
Jethro
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Dane
argyl3
Chemical Ali
LondonGreen
Peggy
Czarcasm
gasser9
Dougie
green_genie
Tringreen
Elias
mannameadbabe
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:00 pm

hairy j wrote:
He never asked to be President. It still confuses me why he even accepted that.

I afforded you the decency of saying you'd defend yourself. Shame you come out with the old 'gif' thing. Never mind eh?
His first inclination was to turn it down. He was persuaded my REAL mates to say yes. Maybe his first thought was correct. Although he did look cosy in the directors box at Hartlepool.

As an aside he accused me of stalking celebrities and using foul and abusive language to them. The accusation was made publicly on here. Never rescinded even when I asked him to do so in PMs. Its what he does. Always with a 'mate' at the end of the sentence. And finally his treatment of Peggy was abhorrent. He wouldn't let a manager in the Post Office get away with something similar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Dougie wrote:
hairy j wrote:

I afforded you the decency of saying you'd defend yourself. Shame you come out with the old 'gif' thing. Never mind eh?
His first inclination was to turn it down.  He was persuaded my REAL mates to say yes.  Maybe his first thought was correct.  Although he did look cosy in the directors box at Hartlepool.

As an aside he accused me of stalking celebrities and using foul and abusive language to them. The accusation was made publicly on here.  Never rescinded even when I asked him to do so in PMs.  Its what he does.  Always with a 'mate' at the end of the sentence.  And finally his treatment of Peggy was abhorrent.  He wouldn't let a manager in the Post Office get away with something similar.  
He would if he thought he could get media publicity from it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:10 pm

hairy j wrote:

I'm sure he never asked to be president. It was a very short time between resigning the Trust leadership role citing tiredness and then accepting the Presidency though. Given his obvious love for the trust I'm surprised he didn't offer to stay on in a temporary fashion to oversee the election of his successor. By not doing so he created a vacuum and weakened the trust. I'm sure the trust would have been keen for him to stay temporarily given the profile of the man at the time.

All for one and...........oh yes all for one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Peggy wrote:
I was simply indicating that you'll stick to what you believe, regardless of the facts, and attempt to laugh off any evidence.

In other words, there's none so blind as them who won't see.
It depends on what you look at though isn't it.

This entire maelstrom of controversy, conspiracy and nonsense all deflects attention away from the fact that Mr Brent is getting a pretty good property deal. If we all keep kicking lumps out of one another, he isn't in the firing line.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Don't worry Hairy...

Most of us find it quite easy to keep Brent in the "firing line" and kick lumps out of you at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:59 pm

You're about as wounding as a fecking spounge pussycat.

True enough Jock I have stated I don't think Mr Webb should stay as El Pres. I have nothing personally against the chap except his carrying out of the role he accepted. I don't think he represents all supporters even handedly and clearly favours certain forums above others. Given the shit he gets on here I'm not surprised however that he doesn't post but he has brought that on himself to a great extent. As President he should encompass all supporters and all forums equally as I believe he stated he would originally when dragged to the position. His report would say "failed" if he got one.

As for pasoti well I haven't got much inclination to post on there but can't say I have much against it either. I've never been a member so there isn't much I could have against it personally. There is as much wind and water spouted on here as on there at times though. I simply don't see the merits in joining every website going. I think Mr Newell is a complete knobend which might be reason enough in itself to stay away. I would end by saying that I also don't think everything said or done by Brent, Webb, Newell, Nikkkkk and uncle Tom Cobley is necessarily wrong either and I also like to judge on the merits of the individual topic rather than putting everything under one blanket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 11:52 pm

hairy j wrote:

He accepted it because he loves the status and the limelight that goes with it. It's not as though he has been forced to do it is it?

I really have to disagree with your statement that he isn't a massive cnut but agree that a lot of people would have me locked up. That's because I know the things they have done and they don't like me broadcasting it. If one bit of it was lies there would be a letter winging it's way from Nikkkkkkk's crack legal team to some complete stranger totally unconnected with Argyle or Argyle forums somewhere in East Yorkshire Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:33 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
You're about as wounding as a fecking spounge pussycat.

True enough Jock I have stated I don't think Mr Webb should stay as El Pres.    I have nothing personally against the chap except his carrying out of the role he accepted.    I don't think he represents all supporters even handedly and clearly favours certain forums above others.    Given the shit he gets on here I'm not surprised however that he doesn't post but he has brought that on himself to a great extent.    As President he should encompass all supporters and all forums equally as I believe he stated he would originally when dragged to the position.    His report would say "failed" if he got one.

As for pasoti well I haven't got much inclination to post on there but can't say I have much against it either.     I've never been a member so there isn't much I could have against it personally.    There is as much wind and water spouted on here as on there at times though.    I simply don't see the merits in joining every website going.    I think Mr Newell is a complete knobend which might be reason enough in itself to stay away.    I would end by saying that I also don't think everything said or done by Brent, Webb, Newell, Nikkkkk and uncle Tom Cobley is necessarily wrong either and I also like to judge on the merits of the individual topic rather than putting everything under one blanket.
The only shit he got were questions from supporters that he didn't want to hear or answer.

So he flounced for a bit.

Then came back, also under the username "The Spooner".

Then got banned for using multi's Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 am

That's the rub of it, he didn't get any shit at all even though he was doing his best to attract it so as to provide his excuse for a flounce and a reason to shout on pasoti what a vile bunch we all are on ATD. 

Luckily we had learnt a bit from newell's past slurring endeavors to guess at what Webb's game plan was because it was identical to newell's and it was pretty obvious where webb was getting his tips as the pm's were flying about to warn everyone of webb's sordid attempt. This game plan was also played out by Hooper and his own goal regarding the Saville comments as well as his hilarious "I'll tell Tudor Evans" comment. Even Jon B had a bash at it but he was so lightweight that he was just ignored by everyone.

What newell, hooper and webb did achieve though was to attract the attention of just about everyone that has an Argyle interest and uses the Internet and after that ATD grew quickly enough for the world to know the tricks from those 3 morons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:04 am

GOB wrote:
That's the rub of it, he didn't get any shit at all even though he was doing his best to attract it so as to provide his excuse for a flounce and a reason to shout on pasoti what a vile bunch we all are on ATD. 
GOB wrote:

Luckily we had learnt a bit from newell's past slurring endeavors to guess at what Webb's game plan was because it was identical to newell's and it was pretty obvious where webb was getting his tips as the pm's were flying about to warn everyone of webb's sordid attempt. This game plan was also played out by Hooper and his own goal regarding the Saville comments as well as his hilarious "I'll tell Tudor Evans" comment. Even Jon B had a bash at it but he was so lightweight that he was just ignored by everyone.

What newell, hooper and webb did achieve though was to attract the attention of just about everyone that has an Argyle interest and uses the Internet and after that ATD grew quickly enough for the world to know the tricks from those 3 morons.

The quote thing has a mind of its own, the top para should be in bold.
Webby couldn't handle it here or on pasoti, the bloke is unable to conduct a discussion or argument, for him to post on here we would need a TOR thicker than the bible. When he was posting here I would always be getting a pm from the pres. It would ask why do we have to discuss all this in public? Wait and I'll give you a pm to explain and the total Newllism, send me your phone number and I'll give you a ring. Razz  He did actually send me his number but I didn't want to 'phone him when it was much more embarrassing for him to wash his dirty laundry in public IMO.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:29 am

Chris Webb becoming President saw absolute confirmation that he had changed hats and was no longer representing fans, which he did as AFT leader, but was now representing the club in name (and of course Brent in practice). It was openly done and I have no problems with that at all.

What I do have problems with was his, and others, role in the Deep Throat business. In the context of Argyle and supporter representation I can think of nothing more deceitful, calculating or treacherous for anybody, let alone somebody who came from Webb's background, to do. Webb should have resigned as club President immediately and if he wasn't prepared to he should have been dismissed.

But even given the bare-faced shame attached to that scabby treachery I still think it is small beer in the betrayal stakes because ultimately Webb is a powerless individual who doesn't matter.

The Daddy of them all betrayal-wise was Brent's spurious £400,000 valuation for a 20% stake (but with no representation at boardroom level or refence to the club accounts) of a club soon to have no assets, £5m in debt and trading at a loss. At that point it was crystal clear that all the fine words about openness, transparency, supporter representation and community engagement were, quite simply, worse than utter piffle.

That was the key moment. That was when any pretence that Brent was a philanthropist here for the good of everybody became even less credible than a fanciful notion.

And nothing that Brent has said or done since then has given me cause to re-assess my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:48 am

Indeed............. and there are those who sit at the reluctant one's side and were his fans' representatives in pushing through the clusterfuck plans, who continue to rubbish the trust.
They are only happy if it is 'their' views and 'their' position at the club , that is being represented. The reluctant one has recognised this since he first looked them in the eyes and saw the personal ambition. He is good for them and they are good for him.

Both are bad news for PAFC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:20 pm

I have pm's from Webb attempting to persuade me to go all out and scream for the AFT to stump up that 400k. Does he think that we are all as daft as he is because he is either as thick as they come or he is a scheming and treacherous pimple on the ass of a skunk. His mistake is that his judgment of people is based on his own disgraceful characteristics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The Daddy of them all betrayal-wise was Brent's spurious £400,000 valuation for a 20% stake (but with no representation at boardroom level or refence to the club accounts) of a club soon to have no assets, £5m in debt and trading at a loss. At that point it was crystal clear that all the fine words about openness, transparency, supporter representation and community engagement were, quite simply, worse than utter piffle.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 pm

GOB wrote:
I have pm's from Webb attempting to persuade me to go all out and scream for the AFT to stump up that 400k. Does he think that we are all as daft as he is because he is either as thick as they come or he is a scheming and treacherous pimple on the ass of a skunk. His mistake is that his judgment of people is based on his own disgraceful characteristics.
I wonder how many other people he sent that to.  It seems very clandestine.  Almost like an out of the spotlight campaign.  Transparency my rear end.  If I get time I'm going to have a look at who suported the £400k gift on Pasoti.

I also wonder whose interest he was acting in.  I'll also look to see what he said publically about why he thought the gift to Brent was so important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Dougie wrote:
GOB wrote:
I wonder how many other people he sent that to.  It seems very clandestine.  Almost like an out of the spotlight campaign.  Transparency my rear end.  If I get time I'm going to have a look at who suported the £400k gift on Pasoti.

I also wonder whose interest he was acting in.  I'll also look to see what he said publically about why he thought the gift to Brent was so important.
I wasn't the only one Dougie!

Thank God that webb took up his gift presidency because I dread to think what debt the AFT may have taken on had he been leading it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:54 pm

GOB wrote:
Dougie wrote:
GOB wrote:

I wasn't the only one Dougie!

Thank God that webb took up his gift presidency because I dread to think what debt the AFT may have taken on had he been leading it!
here here. The trust have had the critics since that sellout left (mainly due to pasoti running a hate campaign in favor of the Plymouth Argyle Sycophant board) but at least they have remain true to their values and purpose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 pm

I was also urged to put pressure on the AFT to accept the 20% offer as it was such a great deal for the fans. He also told me to get the message across to back the PASB and to flood it with Trust members, like the Trust members abused by Deepthroat, Damon and Andy Symons?

Two faced snake he is
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:03 pm

Why does nobody ever 'urge' me to do anything, except STFU .

One trick ponies have feelings too Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:12 pm

From Exeweb    
Re: When will Sheridan be sacked prediction thread

An Argyle fan on a general football forum claims to have "inside knowledge" that he'll be sacked on Tuesday regardless.

Personally I'd be surprised. I suspect the whole point of giving Sheridan a long contract was to allow Jimmy Boy to get on with his lucrative development without having to worry about the pesky football. Easy to let his happy band of fifth columnists spread the word that Jimmy would really, really like to sack him but he can't afford to pay up his contract.
Giving an alcoholic gambler a three year contract shows little Jimmy Brent hasn't the first clue about the beautiful game.

The Janners are finally realising Jimbo ain't gonna put a penny into the money pit that is pafc. He waited til January to get rid of Carl Fletcher, this purple headed Mancunian has a worse record !

I said Jan 4th after losing away at Fleetwood would see Sherry given the DCM ( don't come Monday )

Be interesting to see who they draw in the FAC 1st Rnd next Sunday.

Expect a poisonous atmosphere and the lowest crowd of the season at HP tomorrow night.

At least this seems to explain why I've never been convinced by Sheridan. He can't seem to fink straight and doesn't finish sentences.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Tringreen on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:17 pm

I urge you to learn another trick.......
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Why does nobody ever 'urge' me to do anything, except STFU .

One trick ponies have feelings too Crying or Very sad 
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:36 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 3:03 pm

lol! 
The farm controllers at their best Rolling Eyes 

Green_4_ever wrote:
Ian,

you constantly berate anyone in a position with any form of current or past 'authority' for being irresponsible with our club, and you're absolutely right do to so.

However, it is hard to view you act like a petulant child waving his newly discovered wang around to people you don't like, when you are the owner of this site.

I'm reasonably sure you'll retort with something "funny" in order to dodge the accusation but, there you go, I felt it ought to be said.

De Liar wrote:
Hi, this is the other Ian.  Smile
The Mods routinely split threads that go off topic and label them as a "hi-jack" before moving the split thread to Terraces.
The original thread in this case was about Thumbsgate and Stapleton and not about James Brent.

During our recent feedback survey one of the biggest issues with PASOTI members was the hi-jacking of threads. Not everyone wants to talk about club politics.

No Ian . You and your devious chums don't want to talk about club politics Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Thank gawd for convenient feedback surveys lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....   A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers......  You choose.... - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Directors' Box - or a nest of vipers...... You choose....
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next