Dane
Mapperley, darling
Freathy
Peggy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

The HHP hotel - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:26 am

Freathy wrote:
If webb, newell and jones are given the club then as far as I'm concerened there will be no club. I'll support someone else, probably take in the odd trip to WHL. With those in charge Argyle will die anyway.
Freathers, I have had the impression that process has been underway for some time in all but name. We mustn't forget there was talk of Ridsdale running the club for £1. Nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkky boy has put far more than that into the coffers already. I would be amazed if Brent sells to anybody else than a consortium of un walleted friends. I'm sure they'll be able to borrow the money. Very Happy Methinks that particular horse has already bolted. or at the very least the idea has been thought of by the protagonists and planning well under way. Still, there will be many reasons to give Home Park a wide berth if everything turns out as bad as it appears under Brent's hawk and trowel. And of course, the smaller the club and it's assets, the more affordable it is. Selling off more parts of the grandstand footprint would help the affordability no end. No wonder there are shouts of approval from Pyongyang.

In Penzance, I was a big fan of the 1960s Greaves/Gilzean team as most young lads were. We travelled the 9 or 10 hours !! up to White Hart Lane on several occasions as a family. Our elder brother was the proud owner of the all white strip, although I preferred the REAL dark shorts as worn by Dave Mackay in Charles Buchan's football annual.... remember those books ?
I still vaguely remember listening on the radio to that European Cup Winners final against A Madrid ? .... dim, distant and crackling. I haven't supported any top team since the first trip to Home Park against Wolves. Argyle became the team of choice. If they do go rotten, which is looking odds on ( as Sensible would say ) at the moment, then football will be off the menu in general in my household, and probably about time too. It hardly fits with the rest of my life.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:44 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Freathy wrote:
If webb, newell and jones are given the club then as far as I'm concerened there will be no club. I'll support someone else, probably take in the odd trip to WHL. With those in charge Argyle will die anyway.

I also have a softspot for Spurs and went to half the home games in one season when I moved to North Dorset around 1980 - got in with a load of lads who had started branch in Gillingham (Dorset), easy train to Waterloo!! The Shelf was special - old but you knew you were standing on history!! I've tried to get into rubgy up at Bath but honestly can't understand the rules - perhaps it has something to to with drinking bouts on the train up and pub crawls around the city!! If the Stazifest scenario you talk of comes to fruition - it will also be the end of my association with Argyle!! Sad Shocked

Now I understand why I like this site so much!!! I stood on The Shelf for the Uefa Cup Final in '84 - was a season ticket holder at the Lane for 17 years and will be on the edge of my seat this afternoon cheering on the Toon, but how sad, how very sad that this administration is forcing their fanbase away. It can be correctly argued that even throughout the last few years the core support has been growing - and now it will be shrinking.

There will always be opposing views from football fans but the way this has been handled must rank right up there with Ratner and Hoover.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:46 am

It was the great 1980/81 cup winning side that did it for me. Ardiles, Hoddle, Villa, Archibald, Falco, Roberts, Perryman, Crooks etc - like footballing gods to me they were when I was a kid. When I lived in London I'd take in a few matches when I could. Last time I went was the season before last and saw them demolish Blackburn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:50 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I also have a softspot for Spurs and went to half the home games in one season when I moved to North Dorset around 1980 - got in with a load of lads who had started branch in Gillingham (Dorset), easy train to Waterloo!! The Shelf was special - old but you knew you were standing on history!! I've tried to get into rubgy up at Bath but honestly can't understand the rules - perhaps it has something to to with drinking bouts on the train up and pub crawls around the city!! If the Stazifest scenario you talk of comes to fruition - it will also be the end of my association with Argyle!! Sad Shocked

Now I understand why I like this site so much!!! I stood on The Shelf for the Uefa Cup Final in '84 - was a season ticket holder at the Lane for 17 years and will be on the edge of my seat this afternoon cheering on the Toon, but how sad, how very sad that this administration is forcing their fanbase away. It can be correctly argued that even throughout the last few years the core support has been growing - and now it will be shrinking.

There will always be opposing views from football fans but the way this has been handled must rank right up there with Ratner and Hoover.

Bricklayers Arms was a hive of activity - we used to meet up with Spurs fans from Wigan, Liverpool and all over the country. Last time I went was Liverpool at WHL last season - you should be very proud of your heritage Damon!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Prince

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:41 am

The big question for me is; If the hotel isn't full every week will Brent reduce it in capacity like he has the ground? Will he raize part of it to the ground?
No, thought not
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:43 am

Czarcasm wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Methinks the vulture capitalist will get his way, what with his chums on PCC. cheers

That's the fear. PCC are on the bones of their arse financially. Regrettably as far as they're concerned, Brent is the hand that feeds at the minute. I honestly doubt whether they'd have the balls to tell him to 'do one'.

Any development that Brent or any other property developer proposes alway have the proviso - "that jobs will be created" agree would take a brave council to turn down his plans, certainly in the current economic climate. Does'nt mean to say though that what he (Brent) proposes is either right for the city or the club.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 12:09 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Here's the proof of the big janner fish in a little pond, enjoying the ride Rolling Eyes

How many will we take Newport ? Aren't we a big club ! Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But he had to go a long way to find a stand smaller than the FES ministand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Does anyone think Newell will actually move in to the hotel like Alan Partridge? He'll live there. He'll proclaim it the best sea view in Devon.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:28 pm

If the hotel is not 7 storeys tall then how many storeys will it have?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:36 pm

It will be like a cliff face. However, Home Park has always been a cliff face at the Barn park end as the park drops away quite considerably. Well, it has been since the Barn park received a roof in the last horseshoe build. I don't see how any plan that keeps within existing heights of the horseshoe can be opposed on height alone, unless it is intended to raise the height of the hotel to the existing grandstand roof which is higher than the horseshoe. It's all about changed and new impact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:51 pm

hairy j wrote:
Does anyone think Newell will actually move in to the hotel like Alan Partridge? He'll live there. He'll proclaim it the best sea view in Devon.

No. He doesn't do one star.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:56 pm

hairy j wrote:

And take his own BIG plate for the all you can eat buffet pig
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Prince

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:19 pm

"when it flashed up on your screen ‘do you want to watch “Bangkok Chick Boys”, you must have pressed the button that says ‘yes’"
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:20 pm

Looks like HHP will be an Akkeron hotel.

The Hilton tie-in is lined up for Civic Centre and Premier Inn for Pavillions site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:43 am

I can see the bookings will be full from the start what with it only being a few miles from the Hoe and just a couple of miles from the shops and nightlife. Then there's the theatre, just a couple of miles away and the beautiful Dartmoor just half a dozen miles away. Will it have a Ford Park Cemetery view and the incinerator will look wonderful when it's lit up at night. Buses will be less than a mile though and if it rains you can have a free Akkeron umbrella.

Maybe we should be designing the brochure?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:37 am

green_genie wrote:

The Hilton tie-in is lined up for Civic Centre and Premier Inn for Pavillions site.

If correct, this deal just became a bit of a gamble I think - wonder which bank is backing it?
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:47 am

Bandwagon wrote:
green_genie wrote:

If correct, this deal just became a bit of a gamble I think - wonder which bank is backing it?

JB is a very clever facilitator.

Odeon are putting in £9M for the cinema out of the £40M for HHP outside of the stand. Separate investment institutes will be funding and own afterwards and there will be £2-3M Govt grants for the Studio School along with the sale value of the six retail units in the stand.

His trump card is the buy back clause for the leased land. He can pay 12 x annual rent (~ £1.25M) after five years to own the land that Home Park and more importantly the hotel and cinema will sit on, which will be worth a darn site more than the £400K he paid for the car park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:26 am

Didn't PCC buy the freehold off him for over a million or did that go to Panda?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:36 am

green_genie wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
green_genie wrote:

JB is a very clever facilitator.

Odeon are putting in £9M for the cinema out of the £40M for HHP outside of the stand. Separate investment institutes will be funding and own afterwards and there will be £2-3M Govt grants for the Studio School along with the sale value of the six retail units in the stand.

His trump card is the buy back clause for the leased land. He can pay 12 x annual rent (~ £1.25M) after five years to own the land that Home Park and more importantly the hotel and cinema will sit on, which will be worth a darn site more than the £400K he paid for the car park.

Good info GG - so he's teflon coated then, hope the council grow some then!!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:47 am

Iggy wrote:
Didn't PCC buy the freehold off him for over a million or did that go to Panda?

JB/Akkeron paid £700,000 of £2.1million owed to Lombard for the freehold. Lombard went to the Guarantors for the balance Shocked

PCC paid JB/Akkeron £1.6 million for the stadium.

JB pension fund paid Akkeron £400,000 for the rest of the freehold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record ..... that is one of the reasons that is at least as important as the capacity of the stand. That footprint belongs to PCC and is leased to Argyle. How can PCC or Mr Brent justify using any of that to divert long-term income away from the club!?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:24 pm

knecht wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record ..... that is one of the reasons that is at least as important as the capacity of the stand. That footprint belongs to PCC and is leased to Argyle. How can PCC or Mr Brent justify using any of that to divert long-term income away from the club!?

Indeed Knecht - Richard Blight and I were asking the same question a couple of days ago. If PCC is creating separate freeholds for each of the shops and those freeholds are to be sold then the Revenue will go to PCC. JB has stated that the revenue will be used to fund the build of the Grandstand. SO PCC have stated a condition of the HHP development is to build a grandstand and JB has PCC paying for it!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
knecht wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Indeed Knecht - Richard Blight and I were asking the same question a couple of days ago. If PCC is creating separate freeholds for each of the shops and those freeholds are to be sold then the Revenue will go to PCC. JB has stated that the revenue will be used to fund the build of the Grandstand. SO PCC have stated a condition of the HHP development is to build a grandstand and JB has PCC paying for it!!!

At the risk of sounding even more like Tring (joke Smile ) I've been saying it for weeks & I've been right all along but nobody listens Very Happy !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:34 pm

I agree with you both, the trouble is that there is a theory amoungst fans that because Brent saved the club he is entitled to do all this to it, I still don't buy into this and never will. We have a right for the owners of the club to do the best for the club, people can tell me I am ungrateful but I haven't been given anything by Brent for me to thank him for. The way some people think is beyond me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 3:19 pm

knecht wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

This!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The HHP hotel
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next