Freathy
Peggy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

The HHP hotel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:27 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Has anyone dared to raise this issue on Pasoti?
Without the fear of being insulted of course

It would just get moved to the Terraces like the cinema debate as its "nothing" to do with the football club. Yeah right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Well as Webby likes to get stiff over his first in football things here's another:

Home Park will be the ONLY ground in the entire football league where the main focal point isn't the main stand.

The main focal point will be a 7 story eyesore of a hotel.

And i bet he is working on his next Henry V style speech before the battle of agincourt on how this could benefit the club and its a good thing. It will need to be a good one Chris i think the vast majority of Argyle fans would rather have a decent stand to boast about not a massive under used hotel being eyesore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Would that cast a shadow over the pitch.....and affect the grass growing......just asking ........that's of course if you see the sun in Devon anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:45 pm

mini stand = 16.33m according to plans
hotel = 21.00m at 7 storeys assuming 3m ( 9 foot 10 inch ) per story
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
mini stand = 16.33m according to plans
hotel = 21.00m at 7 storeys assuming 3m ( 9 foot 10 inch ) per story

LOLOLOL

The asset stripper and his chums who keep on giving!!!!
Keep this up , we will have what we want within 2 months
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Didn't see that one coming!

Not sure if this is correct without checking but there might be one storey that could be classed as lower ground floor on the same level as the car park, making only 6 floors above. Then again there could be another level on top that would house the lift motor room ( unless it's a hydraulic ), the water tanks and air handling units. Then again maybe that lot is the seventh floor. Who knows? Some floors might be movable!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 12:03 am

It cannot be so for those who know say it isn't so.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 12:39 am

Greenjock wrote:

Well either the person who told Andy Symons is either mistaken or lying, or it's true and the idiot sheep pasoti mods, thug Newell and even perhaps Graham Clark are errrr mistaken. I'd like to see a scale model based on submitted plans rather then rely on a few CGI doodles.
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:32 am

Gert Loinz wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Well either the person who told Andy Symons is either mistaken or lying, or it's true and the idiot sheep pasoti mods, thug Newell and even perhaps Graham Clark are errrr mistaken. I'd like to see a scale model based on submitted plans rather then rely on a few CGI doodles.

At the Theatre Royal a plan of the external appearance of the hotel was displayed. Apologies for them poor quality of the link below but you will see from the photo that the hotel pictured is the same as that shown on the CGI and is indeed on seven levels and of a similar level to the adjoining multiplex and cine rink. Old news I am afraid and has got lost in the diversionary debate on the grandstand. The facts are all there.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:53 am

As you well know Graham an artist impression of an propose plan can be deceiving, If we take your view of the drawing all the building are the same height then they could be towering over the mighty stand.

Last edited by Tgwu on Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:09 am

If this nonsense development goes ahead it should henceforth be known as, 'Brent's Blunder', with able assistance from 'The Village People'.

Here's one for 'Where's Webby'.......... 'Never before, in the history of any football club, has so much greedy self interest triumphed over future ambition.'

PAFC Village in perpetuity.
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:19 am

Tgwu wrote:
As you well know Graham an artist impression of an propose plan can be deceiving, If we take your view of the drawing all the building are the same height then they could all will be towering over the mighty stand

All the detailed plans were available for public viewing back in March. They are detailed and form the basis of the accurate CGI. The overall GoS link below shows this in more detail. There is nothing new in the claim about the height of the hotel - the plans haven't changed in this respect since they were first revealed. Attention has understandably been concentrated on other issues and there has not been a full realisation of other aspects of the overall HHP proposal.

There soon will be even greater scrutiny when the planning application is submitted and all the detailed plans are made available for detailed inspection and comment on the PCC website.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:29 am

At least now there's a clearer picture of what's been going on, thank God we were never going to challenge for promotion last season or the larger crowds could have disrupted Brent's ambitions.

As with SFD, I think it will collapse because its crap, in fact it's shockingly crap, crude and unwanted.

The Club is another matter though and I am guessing that it has been promised to newell, webb, jones etc. as the gift for delivering the land and profit to Brent (maybe they could be asked on their forum?), hence the acceptance of Blue Square football and at best, low level Football League because they are financially unable to sustain anything larger and lack the professional know how and, also the acceptance of the mini stand. I would suggest their agenda is to sip G&T’s in the Business Lounge and promote themselves rather than achieve anything for the Club, hence the already trotted out lines of “we’ll never get to the Premier anyway”.

I suspect that Brent started out with the idea of doing exactly what he is doing but intended to give the Club to the fans via the Trust but was persuaded to give it to individuals instead, hence the need for the Trust to collapse and the skulduggery and corruption from Jones Newell, Webb etc. and De La gets his own Internet forum. Also, the ridiculous 400k "buy in" offer for the Trust that was designed to dissuade the Trust rather than persuade. Just what was the Trust getting for 400k?

So yes, I think the development can be stopped, should be stopped and will be stopped and I suspect that Brent knows this and already has his Plan B ready to be trotted out just as he did when suddenly and within hours of the first groan at the site of the plans for the mini stand, his architect’s came up with drawings for the laughable second tear.

So if all this is correct and Jones, Newell and Webb are left drinking G&T’s in the Business Lounge the Club will at best remain dormant in the lower Leagues/Blue Square League and at worse could be forced out of business once again. The one thing that is absolutely imperative is that Home Park is not fenced in to prevent future development for the days when Jones, Newell and Webb finally lose interest and go jogging up some mountain somewhere, we owe that much to future generations of football fans in Plymouth and the surrounding areas. This fight will be well worth the effort!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:33 am

Graham Clark wrote:
Old news I am afraid and has got lost in the diversionary debate on the grandstand. The facts are all there.

Graham, old news for some of us that have followed this for years, but it is worthwhile in pointing out again just how much physical impact in REALity these developments would have to the eye of the park user, something pretty CGIs just cannot impart and where perspective is often skewed, hence the description "artist's impression". Developers often hope the impact is not apparent until the build is under way.
With all the spin, some fans, including many who read Pasoti, might be forgiven in thinking this new development will be some cuddly little quaint village restaurant with an old Inn tacked on.
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:44 am

worried of penzance wrote:
Graham Clark wrote:
Old news I am afraid and has got lost in the diversionary debate on the grandstand. The facts are all there.

Graham, old news for some of us that have followed this for years, but it is worthwhile in pointing out again just how much physical impact in REALity these developments would have to the eye of the park user, something pretty CGIs just cannot impart and where perspective is often skewed, hence the description "artist's impression". Developers often hope the impact is not apparent until the build is under way.
With all the spin, some fans, including many who read Pasoti, might be forgiven in thinking this new development will be some cuddly little quaint village restaurant with an old Inn tacked on.

Yes, the detailed plans will I have no doubt be subject to the deepest of scrutiny. PCC will make their planning and landowning decisions on the wider public interest which will of course include the physical impact of the buildings. The Life Centre has demonstrated what impact that can have.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:55 am

Interesting that the 'artists impression' shows what looks to be conferencing/restaurant/bar facilities on the top floor when the PASB were told categorically that there would be 'no competing facilities' in the Hotel and that it would be a bedroom only hotel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:16 am

The artist impressions of the hotel look remarkably like East German blocks from the 60's, concrete blobs - oh well, Stazi will be at home there!! The more that drips out, the more I can't see this getting through planning!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:23 am

I've always believed there is a chance these attrocious plans will fail. I'm now slightly more hopeful. If the plans fail and there is no development then brent will surely sell up and not hand the club over to newell, webb et al.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:29 am

Freathy wrote:
I've always believed there is a chance these attrocious plans will fail. I'm now slightly more hopeful. If the plans fail and there is no development then brent will surely sell up and not hand the club over to newell, webb et al.

I can't see Brent selling up yet, he has to much to lose from the Millbay effort. I think the best outcome will be to stall it until a more respectable and acceptable and less profitable Home Park and Central Park proposal pops up.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:32 am

GOB

GOB

Subject: Re: The HHP hotel Today at 10:29 am

At least now there's a clearer picture of what's been going on, thank God we were never going to challenge for promotion last season or the larger crowds could have disrupted Brent's ambitions.

As with SFD, I think it will collapse because its crap, in fact it's shockingly crap, crude and unwanted.

The Club is another matter though and I am guessing that it has been promised to newell, webb, jones etc. as the gift for delivering the land and profit to Brent (maybe they could be asked on their forum?), hence the acceptance of Blue Square football and at best, low level Football League because they are financially unable to sustain anything larger and lack the professional know how and, also the acceptance of the mini stand. I would suggest their agenda is to sip G&T’s in the Business Lounge and promote themselves rather than achieve anything for the Club, hence the already trotted out lines of “we’ll never get to the Premier anyway”.

Here's the proof of the big janner fish in a little pond, enjoying the ride Rolling Eyes

How many will we take Newport ? Aren't we a big club ! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:56 am

Methinks the vulture capitalist will get his way, what with his chums on PCC. cheers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:57 am

If webb, newell and jones are given the club then as far as I'm concerened there will be no club. I'll support someone else, probably take in the odd trip to WHL. With those in charge Argyle will die anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:17 am

Freathy wrote:
If webb, newell and jones are given the club then as far as I'm concerened there will be no club. I'll support someone else, probably take in the odd trip to WHL. With those in charge Argyle will die anyway.

I think it's already dead, isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:22 am

Freathy wrote:

I also have a softspot for Spurs and went to half the home games in one season when I moved to North Dorset around 1980 - got in with a load of lads who had started branch in Gillingham (Dorset), easy train to Waterloo!! The Shelf was special - old but you knew you were standing on history!! I've tried to get into rubgy up at Bath but honestly can't understand the rules - perhaps it has something to to with drinking bouts on the train up and pub crawls around the city!! If the Stazifest scenario you talk of comes to fruition - it will also be the end of my association with Argyle!! Sad Shocked
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:26 am

akagreengull wrote:
Methinks the vulture capitalist will get his way, what with his chums on PCC. cheers

That's the fear. PCC are on the bones of their arse financially. Regrettably as far as they're concerned, Brent is the hand that feeds at the minute. I honestly doubt whether they'd have the balls to tell him to 'do one'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The HHP hotel   The HHP hotel - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The HHP hotel
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next