AuthorMessage

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Well someone had to say it Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:40 pm

We've now gone waaaaaaaay past being merely shit. We are now a comedy 'team'. We are so unbelievably bad it is almost the stuff of legends. But I bet the Aviva army will still be singing at the end jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Now the supposedly football-wise Ridsdale has promoted his strike breaker, there is nowhere to go.
Another two or three defeats and Jonah will have to return to the ranks and resume his normal role of trying to undermine the sitting manager of the day, but this time feeling rather aggrieved ..... great..
A terrible appointment with no regard to what might happen if it went wrong.
With only a couple of loan options left this season and an angry squad of players who have been taken for mugs, I would say we're kippered, unless Pasoti's new reluctant beau is suddenly going to spash the cash.
Apparently the Jpnes and Newells of this world have been telling him we're only a couple of players short of a good team Very Happy

Last edited by penzancepirate on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Sack the board................Oh, hang on!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:51 pm

I agree.Fletcher out,Reid in. Laughing If anyone doubted that it was merely a matter of changing the manager and not a question of the dearth of quality in the squad,surely tonight must provide the answer? No doubt stories will start emerging that Fletcher has lost the dressing room,whatever that expression may mean.Some big decisions for Mr Brent to make if and when the takeover completes,and they must be made quickly.Does the situation call for an experienced manager to be appointed or will an influx of players,preferably ones with proven quality in the division,suffice? Or both,perhaps? Crunch time approacheth,our future will be decided in the next couple of weeks i fancy,presuming that the off field stuff is sorted.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Beaten 5-1 by Oxford, we will well and truly be relegated by a record margin,i previously said Febuary, is it mathematically possible to be relegated before this time? If so were giving it our all to get there.
Fletcher to stay?...ive got to say after this shambles tonight...no,his place is back in the team along with 5 or 6 experienced pros that need to be drafted in for us to stand any chance at all.Will James Brent strengthen? that is the question.
Still get your self along to the Aviva fest on a Saturday morning for a free pint and a Pasty jocolor
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:55 pm

The biggest mistake Fletcher has made is not playing himself, I just dont get it, unless he truly believes the only way he can positively influence performances is from the touchline and that isnt working..

5 points from safety read 6 if you figure in goal diff.
An old head now needs to be brought in with Fletch as an assistant, which was always my preferred option from the start. Ronnie Moore would be a good shout for me.

I hope Brent has budgeted for a new manager.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Buy a pint and a pasty and get a free L2 game of football thrown in.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:03 pm

James 'legend' brent has no interest in investing in the footballing side - that has to fend for its self. It's crap loanees and rejects only when we are finally allowed to sign players again. PAFC is finished as a league club which as far as I'm concerned means it's finished as a club. We have not been 'saved'.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Freathy wrote:
James 'legend' brent has no interest in investing in the footballing side - that has to fend for its self. It's crap loanees and rejects only when we are finally allowed to sign players again. PAFC is finished as a league club which as far as I'm concerned means it's finished as a club. We have not been 'saved'.

Meanwhile on the farm....this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
....unbelievable
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Freathy wrote:

The really worrying thing about this post is that for the past 5 years,every word that Freathy has said about the direction the club was taken has come to pass.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Greengenes stated - authoritatively - that Brent has a plan to buy players based on 7 days, a month and the January window. So the weaknesses will be addressed.

As someone "over there" pointed out - we fielded the second youngest Argyle side ever against one of the top in the division. What do you expect?

Let's make proper judgements come January. In the meantime do try to hide your glee.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Hey Funny Man,

It's all very well saying wait until January to make judgements but at this rate we'll be down by then. Yeah it was a young side but we got tonked and there is little chance of the team being strengthened at all.

This club will take a lot of years to recover and possibly most of them will
Be spent out of the football league.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:58 pm

OK Pete1886 but TINA, to coin a phrase, to waiting and seeing what signings Brent's money will bring. Do you have any other ideas?
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:04 pm

funny man wrote:

Let's make proper judgements come January. In the meantime do try to hide your glee.

So basically you're offering a doctrine of passive acceptance and hence tacit approval, just like afforded to Ridsdale and Heaney. I don't think you'll get many takers. jocolor
January never comes, and the idea it might, only serves as a continuing reprieve for underachievers.

I'm certainly looking forward to Ridsdale's advice in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:25 pm

penzancepirate wrote:

So basically you're offering a doctrine of passive acceptance and hence tacit approval, just like afforded to Ridsdale and Heaney. I don't think you'll get many takers. jocolor
January never comes, and the idea it might, only serves as a continuing reprieve for underachievers.

I'm certainly looking forward to Ridsdale's advice in the next few weeks.

Is there an alternative to acceptance? There may be further revelations about Brent and his involvements and at that point it would make sense to rail against the stings and arrows. Until then, and certainly in footballing terms, wait and see is the only option.
Are you mixing up playing football and football politics? I have voiced my concerns about this whole process of takeover and it's near wholesale acceptance by the fans on pasoti but that seems to me to be a different issue to the football. We can and should talk politics - not to mention ethics - but on the pitch we need to simply see what happens. And, to be fair, I guess that the January window is a long time to wait to form judgements and there are likely to be clear indications before then. But the rebuilding of a viable team cannot happen overnight. If Greengenes and Chris Webb are right that Brent has an investment-in-football plan that needs to be allowed to be demonstrated before we rush to judgements about that.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:35 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Meanwhile on the farm....this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
....unbelievable

Ah yes, good old pasoti unfounded optimism has been ever present through the past four miserable years including two back to back relegations and as we now sit well adrift at the bottom of the football league coming into the business end of the season. If realism still hasn't dawned on these excrutiatingly boring happy clappers then I'm afraid it never will.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Each to thier own FM. Acceptance only keeps the status quo and related vested interests, in this case Fletcher's desire for a management career. This is not the time for him to be cutting his teeth. Have we learned nothing from missing the skills of the likes of Pulis ... we need someone who knows what they're doing at the appropriate level, not Roman half-heartedly waving a scarf..
In my world, all activity, including football, benefits from critical analysis and appropriate action. Fan pressure can facilitate that action. There are plenty of options, one of which is to get a new EXPERIENCED manager in as soon as possible. Pandering to Jonah will just prolong the agony he has been a big part of on the pitch. In all the financial troubles, some fans seem to forget the football has been dire this past three seasons.... dire.
This assumption that a new influx of more cheap players will solve the situation is rather premature. They will be teaming up withguys who will have a lot of residual anger until they are paid in full. If brent was interested in avoiding relegation, perhaps he should have thought about paying a bit more of the staff debts.
As for Webby's Churchillian stuff, it only works when talking liquidation or from a position of inside takeover knowledge. When spouting about the football, he just sounds like a thousand 15year old newbies before him.
Still, it's good to see he's got his typos under control though ... I wish I copuld. jocolor
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:58 pm

funny man wrote:
Greengenes stated - authoritatively - that Brent has a plan to buy players based on 7 days, a month and the January window. So the weaknesses will be addressed.

As someone "over there" pointed out - we fielded the second youngest Argyle side ever against one of the top in the division. What do you expect?

Chris Webb has started a battle cry thread at the other place and has confirmed squad additions are already in place.

I hope he is correct as in the words of Alan Hansen "You win nothing with kids" let alone kids who are not even being paid.

He is also playing heavily on the influence of the Trust, Taveners and Pasoti?!?

What effect that collective can have to proceedings ON the pitch is beyond me, but as the end game draws nigh, I predict that the trust will not become the mighty force he envisages and will instead be engulfed by the bucket rattling fraternity.
Once the cause is over and the dogs are safely back in the kennels, I fear he maybe be struggling for like minded allies to take the trust in the direction he wants, a clean break from the GTs and more importantly Newell/Pasoti has to be the way forward for his ambitions of the trust to be realised.

Apologies for straying off topic comrades.

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:57 am

We've heard about players being lined up and squad additions that are coming for years. None of them that are worth a damn ever happen.

I ask you... Who is/are the best player(s) to have joined us since our peak, and quite frankly, how good were they?

First thing we need is a decent manager and then he needs some money - what is the chance of that happening?

We are up the creek without a paddle.

Brent will sell Argyle (give it away) within 2 years. It will be too much of a drain on his developement business.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:36 am

"In the meantime do try to hide your glee"

There is no glee in Freathy's posts, merely horribly accurate realism. If only his musings could be dismissed as trolling, he counted them out but there are none left to count back in.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:30 am

I was at the game. It was emotional.

Walton waddling about encouraging and berating in equal measure. Most of the players clearly not physically or mentally strong enough for the challenge.

The only player to show any balance and vision was Luke Young.

Left when it was 4-1, as it had taken us an hour to park and we didn't fancy another hour to get out.

Why do people put up with this sort of crap ? I know, I know............................... theym praaaper faaaans ! jocolor

Not a cat's chance in hell of staying up if there is little or no investment. Surely every experienced player, including Fletcher and Larrieu should be playing, not hiding ?

My overriding feeling was one of great sadness .

Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:45 am

I am not convinced any of the players are good enough at this level. Some have the potential, but this is not the time for potential. It is the time for hairy arsed pro's (and I am not talking about the Millbay Rd variety).

My one hope is that Brent is not already football blind and he can see that his new business is failing. An experienced manager is needed to provide both the transfer contacts and sort out the mess on the pitch. Hopefully Brent can see that a bit of investment now will go a long way. But first of all he needs to realise how BAD we are.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:52 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I am not convinced any of the players are good enough at this level. Some have the potential, but this is not the time for potential. It is the time for hairy arsed pro's (and I am not talking about the Millbay Rd variety).

My one hope is that Brent is not already football blind and he can see that his new business is failing. An experienced manager is needed to provide both the transfer contacts and sort out the mess on the pitch. Hopefully Brent can see that a bit of investment now will go a long way. But first of all he needs to realise how BAD we are.

Agreed Frank. In addition, IF he could put a team out for the rest of the season, good enough to get on a roll and climb the league, I'm sure the relief and joy from the fanbase would see attendances climb considerably and he'd get his investment back anyway.

All it needs is any sort of cash backed investment and feelgood factor....................................... haven't I said that before, sometime ? Rolling Eyes

We are a very big club at this level.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:01 am

Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Agreed Frank. In addition, IF he could put a team out for the rest of the season, good enough to get on a roll and climb the league, I'm sure the relief and joy from the fanbase would see attendances climb considerably and he'd get his investment back anyway.All it needs is any sort of cash backed investment and feelgood factor....................................... haven't I said that before, sometime ? Rolling Eyes

We are a very big club at this level.

Very true. There is going to be a lot of back slapping and mock sucking when the takeover is complete. But whatever we think of Brent/Trust/GTs/Pasoti there is a momentum there that if harnessed could be a massive bonus to the club. The spirit between club and fans might never be better and it would be a shame if that is wasted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next