Rickler
Pete1886
Greenskin
Freathy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:40 am

Tringreen wrote:

Agreed Frank. In addition, IF he could put a team out for the rest of the season, good enough to get on a roll and climb the league, I'm sure the relief and joy from the fanbase would see attendances climb considerably and he'd get his investment back anyway.

I'm not so sure Tringy, the damage done is huge, and maybe some folk are just turning out UNTIL the takeover out of some sort of duty. Brent needs to deal with the shame and the bad karma first. Deep down us fans don't want to be asociated with bad vibes.

Trying to keep Ridsdale onboard is not how to go about things, when most fans believe he is up to his neck in the travails of this botched administration.
It badly needs a clean sweep, but Brent is afraid to strip these people out and leave himself in charge. Fletcher's and Romain's appointment is an example of how NOT to do it. Bad advice from bad advisors looking to their own interests.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:45 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Agreed Frank. In addition, IF he could put a team out for the rest of the season, good enough to get on a roll and climb the league, I'm sure the relief and joy from the fanbase would see attendances climb considerably and he'd get his investment back anyway.

I'm not so sure Tringy, the damage done is huge, and maybe some folk are just turning out UNTIL the takeover out of some sort of duty. Brent needs to deal with the shame and the bad karma first. Deep down us fans don't want to be asociated with bad vibes.

Trying to keep Ridsdale onboard is not how to go about things, when most fans believe he is up to his neck in the travails of this botched administration.
It badly needs a clean sweep, but Brent is afraid to strip these people out and leave himself in charge. Fletcher's and Romain's appointment is an example of how NOT to do it. Bad advice from bad advisors looking to their own interests.

You may be correct Pirate. Don't think the average janner thinks that deeply though.

Rousing speeches and eternal optimism have their place but the nuts n bolts of reality, are ignored at a high cost.

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:47 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

But despite what some think, Brent did not become a multi millionaire by being nice and playing quidditch. I think (hope) we are going to be surprised by how ruthless he is.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:56 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

But despite what some think, Brent did not become a multi millionaire by being nice and playing quidditch. I think (hope) we are going to be surprised by how ruthless he is.

Hope he's listening to Peter Jones re football reality, in that case.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:02 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Indeed,Frank.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whether he will have the self belief and confidence to take that ruthlessness into Argyle remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:41 am

As we arrived late and left early, I didn't manage to catch up with any of my fellow Greens.

I'm not sure whether I have admiration, pity, or a combination of the two, for our most loyal supporters.

We really never looked anywhere near good enough where it matters, on the pitch.

Impressed by Luke Young though................... am I repeating myself again ? lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:11 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I am not convinced any of the players are good enough at this level. Some have the potential, but this is not the time for potential. It is the time for hairy arsed pro's (and I am not talking about the Millbay Rd variety).

My one hope is that Brent is not already football blind and he can see that his new business is failing. An experienced manager is needed to provide both the transfer contacts and sort out the mess on the pitch. Hopefully Brent can see that a bit of investment now will go a long way. But first of all he needs to realise how BAD we are.

I'd agree with that.

Somewhere there is the balance between the eternal optimism of a fan[/i] and the realistic expectations of understanding that we may wish to have players of Premier league (or even Championship) standard and a Messiah as manager but that aint going to happen in the short term. It's not clear how many players are being lined up - let alone their pedigrees - but like it or not we will have to wait and see who we sign and how they perform.

The jury's still out on Fletcher & Ro as a management team. One of my worries is that if Ridsdale (I assume it is he doing the signing...?) signs players with too big a character (Frank's hairy assed pros) there will be conflict between the rookie managers and the bosses on the pitch. That's where Fletcher & Ro will really be tested. Is Fletcher experienced enough in man-management? Is Ro only a nice bloke?

As for Brent seeing how bad we are - surely he needs only to look at the footballing bottom-line and see we are there. We still have no clarity about exactly how much he would be willing to invest in order to maintain Argyle in the league. That, for me, is going to be an interesting development. It is at that point that the natives may become restive and Brent will suffer abuse.[i]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 am

Better keep his email and phone number away from the Fan Leaders then, oops too late.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:29 am

Mistake number one would be to start hiring players' for ' a manager/ coach. Surely, any coach wants to look to sign his own choice of players ?

My view is we are taking a hell of a chance 'trusting in Fletch'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:56 am

We keep hearing plenty of rhetoric about 7 day, 28 day and 100 day plans. If James Brent is serious about maintaining Argyle's football league status then the 7 day plan must surely be focused on installing the right management teams both in the boardroom and on the touchline.

Personally, bearing in mind Brent's history in taking on companies that have been close to the brink, I would be amazed if he hasn't already decided who he wants to head the key areas within the club. Whether he envisages Fletcher and Ro remaining in charge is anybody's guess, whatever the decision though he will need to act quickly and decisively and then back his choice by giving them the playing and coaching resources they need.

Although I get to few games, making it difficult to criticise on field performances, in my experience when wholesale and unsentimental changes are required, these are very difficult to implement by managers who have personal history and relationships with those involved. It is much better for someone Machiavellian to come in from outside of whom people have no preconceptions.

If it is to be someone else then my hope would be that we think a little bit outside the box rather than going for one of the usual suspects that are trotted out whenever we seem to be looking for a manager. I find it amusing that some of the top managers working in the game today have never played football, yet in the UK jobs are still passed around between the same group of former players. If either Mourinho or Villas-Boas were born and lived in the UK they would struggle to get a job coaching a League One youth team let alone being trusted with a team challenging at the top of the pile.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:05 pm

avignon green wrote:
We keep hearing plenty of rhetoric about 7 day, 28 day and 100 day plans. If James Brent is serious about maintaining Argyle's football league status then the 7 day plan must surely be focused on installing the right management teams both in the boardroom and on the touchline.

Personally, bearing in mind Brent's history in taking on companies that have been close to the brink, I would be amazed if he hasn't already decided who he wants to head the key areas within the club. Whether he envisages Fletcher and Ro remaining in charge is anybody's guess, whatever the decision though he will need to act quickly and decisively and then back his choice by giving them the playing and coaching resources they need.

Although I get to few games, making it difficult to criticise on field performances, in my experience when wholesale and unsentimental changes are required, these are very difficult to implement by managers who have personal history and relationships with those involved. It is much better for someone Machiavellian to come in from outside of whom people have no preconceptions.

If it is to be someone else then my hope would be that we think a little bit outside the box rather than going for one of the usual suspects that are trotted out whenever we seem to be looking for a manager. I find it amusing that some of the top managers working in the game today have never played football, yet in the UK jobs are still passed around between the same group of former players. If either Mourinho or Villas-Boas were born and lived in the UK they would struggle to get a job coaching a League One youth team let alone being trusted with a team challenging at the top of the pile.

Agree with all of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:56 pm

avignon green wrote:

.... and me.

I'd add that I am intrigued how far Ridsdale will be involved in the near future at least. Brent has already been said to have no knowledge of football matters - he will need someone with inside knowledge to advise him in that area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Rickler wrote:
We've heard about players being lined up and squad additions that are coming for years. None of them that are worth a damn ever happen.

I ask you... Who is/are the best player(s) to have joined us since our peak, and quite frankly, how good were they?

First thing we need is a decent manager and then he needs some money - what is the chance of that happening?

We are up the creek without a paddle.

Brent will sell Argyle (give it away) within 2 years. It will be too much of a drain on his developement business.

Totally agree with you on that Ricks, anything less would make this whole process nothing less then a bucket collection for a development business and a complete scam perpetuated by the Trust and a Pasoti owner.

We are all aware of the "it's Brent or nothing" scenario/threat, but isn't it time the Trust actually started to ask our newest Superfan what his intentions are for the club along with a business plan? Even Stapes managed to bunk us all off with a five year plan so I'm sure Brent has one up his sleeve somewhere.

If we end up in the Conference I would sooner the fans own the club following liquidation then a developer!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:47 pm

avignon green wrote:

Very true, particularly your first paragragh.

It's very difficult and completely unfair to blame the children we have mascarading as 1st team pro's. In almost any other scenario, most of them wouldn't even be regular starters for the reserves.

But we are where we are.

In an ideal world, QPR lose the next 6 on the trot, Warnock gets the bullet, and then decides that he really can have his cake and eat it. He moves back to Cornwall, improves his families quality of life ten-fold, becomes Argyles new boss, turns us back into a proper football club again, and our ascent begins. sunny

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:05 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
avignon green wrote:

Very true, particularly your first paragragh.

It's very difficult and completely unfair to blame the children we have mascarading as 1st team pro's. In almost any other scenario, most of them wouldn't even be regular starters for the reserves.

But we are where we are.

In an ideal world, QPR lose the next 6 on the trot, Warnock gets the bullet, and then decides that he really can have his cake and eat it. He moves back to Cornwall, improves his families quality of life ten-fold, becomes Argyles new boss, turns us back into a proper football club again, and our ascent begins. sunny

I am warming to you already. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:11 pm

GOB wrote:

We are all aware of the "it's Brent or nothing" scenario/threat, but isn't it time the Trust actually started to ask our newest Superfan what his intentions are for the club along with a business plan? Even Stapes managed to bunk us all off with a five year plan so I'm sure Brent has one up his sleeve somewhere.

Actually, that question should have been asked before he was 'backed' by anybody at all in the first place!

Although, give Brent his due, he nullified any criticism by saying he didn't really want to do it at all anyway.

I am sure the council can give you a pretty good appraisal of his developement plans or ideas - how come this question hasn't also been raised. It would be nice to know what they are? Don't even try and tell me that this hasn't been discussed, although seeing how 'conversation' between club and city has so evidently been missing the last decade, nothing would surprise me!

Remind me again... Does the Riddler have a deal with Brent to stick around for a few months over the transition period? I mean if not... Are we seriously in the position of coming out of Admin and being saved, and nobody has asked the King who is going to be Lord of Argyle?

Don't tell me King James doesn't know?

Hey Chris, I know it's the wrong board to get a request from... But next time you speak to 'James', ask him who will be boss, would ya please?

Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:51 pm

Rickler, on the subject on Ridsdale and his 'I'm off' statement, this makes for interesting reading: Peter Ridsdale - In or Out?http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=15260
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Nick wrote:
Rickler, on the subject on Ridsdale and his 'I'm off' statement, this makes for interesting reading: Peter Ridsdale - In or Out?http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=15260

Thanks. That article brings on a good chuckle.

However, not being able to believe a word Ridsdale says, is even more reason to be asking Brent what the hell is going to go on?

Surely the trust has the temerity?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher OUT!!!!   Fletcher OUT!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fletcher OUT!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2