Rickler
Dane
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Stadium Plans released - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

judging by the ambition of the chairman it wont be any higher then that. The stadium now holds 16000 (would be 20000 if terracing was allowed)

So you want to be the new Darlo ?

Terracing is allowed, you just aren't allowed to revert from seating to terracing, either way the only chance you have of filling what you have currently got is to draw Man Utd or us in the FA Cup, anything extra would just be a waste of plastic.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:08 pm

I wonder what PASB will think about it at their private viewing today. Hope we will hear soon together with the answers to the pressing questions they will be asking and the suggestions they put forward.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

judging by the ambition of the chairman it wont be any higher then that. The stadium now holds 16000 (would be 20000 if terracing was allowed)

So you want to be the new Darlo ?

Terracing is allowed, you just aren't allowed to revert from seating to terracing, either way the only chance you have of filling what you have currently got is to draw Man Utd or us in the FA Cup, anything extra would just be a waste of plastic.

Totally different

I know thats why i said it! why do you think half the mayflower is going to be empty when your team comes to visit lol

Yes there is no need for 20000 all seater at home park at the moment when we cant even fill half of it now it wouldnt be a great use of funds. but who is to say in 10-20 years time when we have a decent owner with ambition who wants to increase the capacity he cant now as the stand is purpose built into buildings making it impossible. So if your going to build a main stand it should be two tier like it is already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Dougie wrote:
I wonder what PASB will think about it at their private viewing today. Hope we will hear soon together with the answers to the pressing questions they will be asking and the suggestions they put forward.

not really private now is it as we all knew before they did Wink
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Dougie wrote:

They get to see with added prawn vol au vents and a massage from James Brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:30 pm

I would imagine that the reinforced seats in the directors box are going to be expensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Dougie wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Dougie wrote:

They get to see with added prawn vol au vents and a massage from James Brent

With the promise of having a function room name after them for their support Wink
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Timing of course, is everything.

JB is happily standing in front of a TV camera to promote the development while the football team prepares for one of the most important games in it's history.
Distinctly an air of "feck the football team, less build something that'll make me rich"

As a reality check, everyone needs to remember that no one bit of this development will help create a better football team or improve the club's finances.

The development is on land owned by Brent's pension fund and the new stand will be built on property owned by the City Council.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:49 pm

I hope he's not making any statements that will upset the proxy associate director.

And the financial aspect is everything. Two directors undertook to build a grandstand as part of the deal to give them shares. What do they get for there effort? How will they finance building? And as to the non match day income. How much of that goes to the football club?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:53 pm

As an aside not many people on Pasoti seemingly concerned about the money and what the football team gets out of it.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 2:02 pm

What about developing a state of the art training ground and youth development facility's

This has been highlighted as a must by almost every manager we have had in the last 10 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Dougie wrote:
As an aside not many people on Pasoti seemingly concerned about the money and what the football team gets out of it.

THey are sheep like the guy i quoted in this thread... The club isnt going to benefit at all from all this crap just James Brent. As soon as its built he will sell it off and cash in guranteed.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:03 pm

picture of new stand is abysmal, typical though of brents ownership of the club.

Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Hopefully he will build his pile of private money-making crap then sell the football bit to someone interested and feck off to spend his millions somewhere far away from here.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:57 pm

I fear any larger grandstand would need an extended footprint and that would encroach onto the land earmarked for the other bits. Short term gain for being stitched up like a kipper in the longer term.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
but who is to say in 10-20 years time when we have a decent owner with ambition who wants to increase the capacity he cant now as the stand is purpose built into buildings making it impossible. So if your going to build a main stand it should be two tier like it is already.

Well I am here to say that you are dreaming on again me old mate, you are lower league offal from here on in, besides which adding additional seating to what you have already got would be the engineering equivalent of boiling an egg, should the massively improbable happen and you had both the need and the wherewithal your stadium would not be hard to expand.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:06 pm

behave tis, argyle always go up and down the leagues. an upward curve will return
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Can anybody report what developement news was contained in todays match day programme?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Rickler wrote:
Can anybody report what developement news was contained in todays match day programme?

Exactly the same as on Pasoti and on the official forum mate
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 6:38 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Exactly the same as on Pasoti and on the official forum mate

Yep,just had a look at the programme,nothing new at all in spite of the impression given in earlier missives.James Brent gives a bit of a spiel about it all,definitely no mention of the proposed capacity though.Very depressing,looks like the cheap jack option has been taken yet again [as with phase 1],so small minded and patronising.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I'd rather they just put the temporary seats back on the mayflower terrace. The new stand is shit and I really hope brent f***s off before any of this is built. Get out of my club NOW brent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any opposition to these plans now that the trust has been isolated, anything official ATD can lend its support to? Friends of central park perhaps?
Im all for a new grandstand, but not this small-time abomination, like Freathy says it rather stick with what we have...... and if opposing the stupid feckin ice-rink and cinema means that the "grandstand" gets canned then im all for it.

The Trust has been given a slap and has responded by organising a disco.
lol! that was quality tringy, lets not get very very cross, lets have a fookin disco geek who's the Dj the hairy cornflake? jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:18 pm

I think it's a sign of the times that it isn until the bottom Of the second page on the farm equivalent of this thread before score we get a shut up and be grateful comment, you snivelling shits. Thanks monkeywrench.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I think it's a sign of the times that it isn until the bottom Of the second page on the farm equivalent of this thread before score we get a shut up and be grateful comment, you snivelling shits. Thanks monkeywrench.

That seems to be the general consensus on the Farm imho, why expect anything less from our dimwitted, compliant brethren.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:32 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

That seems to be the general consensus on the Farm imho, why expect anything less from our dimwitted, compliant brethren.

Lookig further into the thread it seems that is the consensus. We're getting it for free, so be grateful. Never mind that the drawings look dashed off and looks piss poor. Home park is our spiritual home so why can't we expect a bit more than this shit.

I wonder if it is free or whether Brent will lend the club the money to pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:22 pm

Two of the other directors undertook to build the grandstand as part of the deal when they purchased the shares. Waiting to hear from PASBs private meet and greet with Brent to see how this works (they'd be asking one would think). And of course the ancilliary question about what non match day income will go to the club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stadium Plans released
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next