Freathy
Czarcasm
Elias
Tringreen
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Plans for a new stadium. Empty
PostSubject: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cheers Its ok we do have money cheers Lots of money, this will silence the doubters. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:20 am

Iggy wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cheers Its ok we do have money cheers Lots of money, this will silence the doubters. Razz

Hmmmmmmmmm.... big ideas, big plans............... this sounds so un Argyle.

Maybe he is the man and Naps has got one right at last !

Then again, lacking in detail of course.

Last edited by Tringreen on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:27 am

I'll believe it when I see it, just like Stapes when he said "we'll finish the stadium" on the balcony of the civic centre almost ten years ago!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:04 am

whos paying ???????????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:33 am

The board member (I must learn their names ....) who is experienced in sport financing will be working on this. Good example of forward planning. Sounds a much bigger development than I was expecting. The details will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:37 am

Oh good. If it is built, they'll then be able to close the rest of the horseshoe - except the Salsa Verde possé section in 3/4, of course.

Too many false dawns to get excited, I'm afraid. Also with Brents stated intention of not being any type of sugar-daddy, it's going to take a commercial outlay of giant proportions to get it off the ground. I'd love to see what the business plan entails, because many millions of £££'s are going to have to come from somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Sounds great, but as has already been mentioned it will cost a fortune and where will the money come from, and will it be at the expense of a better squad? Have to wait for more details I suppose before making any judgement.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Home Park, including 'plase 1', is a small, faded and delapitated stadium. It will take something quite special to drag it up to anything resembling a football ground a city the size of Plymouth SHOULD be boasting. The 'talk' is big - then it always is and we've heard it all before. As Argyle NEVER get anything right - look at Phase 1 - I'm expecting very little.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:33 pm

The big questions are who is paying for what, and who will reap the benefits.

It must be pretty galling for some people seeing the company they work for fork out huge sums of money for consultants, architects etc, while they have to wait up to five years to get all their backpay.

I should think having to watch a new development grow, literally in front of their eyes, while they have to wait for their money will be very hard to swallow.

This must be a pretty good definition of "the unacceptable face of capitalism"
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:42 pm

You'll have to excuse me from fist-pumping, doing cartwheels, somersaults and backflips.

After seeing the loss of the £3m PCC pledge and the loss of other external funding when $tapleton bought the freehold, followed by the £hundreds of thousands wrote off in development planning, consultancy fees etc, the huge amounts we got fleeced out of with the WC nonsense and the monstrosity development planning courtesy of Todd & RAG, I'm simply too tired to get excited.

If it's going to incur further debt on the club for years to come, I dont want it.
If it's going to have a negative impact on the team for years to come, I dont want it.
If the supporters are going to be used yet again to pay all costs before a single brick is laid, I dont want it.
If it really is going to be beneficial to the club then please silently get on with it but please at least pretend football and the team is of utmost priority. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
You'll have to excuse me from fist-pumping, doing cartwheels, somersaults and backflips.

After seeing the loss of the £3m PCC pledge and the loss of other external funding when $tapleton bought the freehold, followed by the £hundreds of thousands wrote off in development planning, consultancy fees etc, the huge amounts we got fleeced out of with the WC nonsense and the monstrosity development planning courtesy of Todd & RAG, I'm simply too tired to get excited.

If it's going to incur further debt on the club for years to come, I dont want it.
If it's going to have a negative impact on the team for years to come, I dont want it.
If the supporters are going to be used yet again to pay all costs before a single brick is laid, I dont want it.
If it really is going to be beneficial to the club then please silently get on with it but please at least pretend football and the team is of utmost priority. Thank you.

My sentiments exactly.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:

We can rival Darlo in having the best ground in the BS league. Until we go bust that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Freathy wrote:
Home Park, including 'plase 1', is a small, faded and delapitated stadium. It will take something quite special to drag it up to anything resembling a football ground a city the size of Plymouth SHOULD be boasting. The 'talk' is big - then it always is and we've heard it all before. As Argyle NEVER get anything right - look at Phase 1 - I'm expecting very little.

I agree that Plymouth should have a better stadium. We should also have a better football club and that has to come first. My understanding is that the most recent "new" development was done in such a way that, should we climb the league and establish ourselves higher in the league, it can be easily added to. The development of the new grandstand and ancillary add ons will bring extra income into the club. The detail is yet to be seen. As always up to now, I think that Mr Brent's proposals appear to be good but the devil is in the detail and nobody yet knows that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:57 pm

I think he should pipe down concerning Gas boards and stadium development until a lot more detail accompanies these plans/ideas.

We have a much more pressing and important issue to attend to and the odds on the club dropping out of the football league remain too close to call.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:07 pm

The whole concept of updating the ground in the present financial situation borders on the ridiculous. On the day that everyone seems quite pleased that 7000+ turned up to watch a bottom of the League , relegation decider, talk of spending millions that the club doesn't have, is stupid

The claim that it's all about "additional revenue streams" (show us a club where a conference room substitutionally supports the football team)could have been taken straight from the Kagami/Synan "Guide to how to f8ck up a football club" and the idea of redeveloping a stadium that we have only filled once in the last five years must be Back-the-bid part 2.

Brent says he knows little about football, so where does he get the idea that to build a Championship Club, step 1 is "build a Championship stadium"

There is so much about this that mirrors the mistakes of the last five years that it's scary.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:08 pm

David Wheeler seems to think there's only 20,000 potential stakeholders. We might as well forget about the tiny grandstand until such a time as we're serious about reaching the top flight. The current stadium can easily support 2nd tier football if run correctly, we're light-years away from the need of a new grandstand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Big fan of this one, a previous design i believe.

Last edited by monti on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:18 pm

affraid for the future!! Crying or Very sad
Where is the cash coming from?
We need a Championship team before a Championship "theatre of dreams". Build it on the way up through the Leagues, more expensive but safer.
I plead ignorance on all the previous wheeling & dealing, no PC and away from home. However, from being a believer I'm having second and third thoughts on whole organisation/plans from the new management.

Merv P.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:35 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

affraid for the future!! Crying or Very sad
Where is the cash coming from?
We need a Championship team before a Championship "theatre of dreams". Build it on the way up through the Leagues, more expensive but safer.
Merv P.

More expensive than what? We're in the worst recession the majority (if not all) have ever seen, the suits are taking full advantage to widen the gap between rich and poor, we're definately poor. We simply dont need it here and now if the price and other dimensions are wrong.

Agree with the rest of your sentiments though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:40 pm

I can never remember if it's men or women who can do more than one thing at a time....... what's wrong with developing the ground and improving the team at he same time. The two can go together and will need to. After today's showing I am really not sure if survival is a likelihood but, for better or worse, the current squad is what is going to save us from relegation or send us down. Wherever we are for the next few seasons we have to bring funding in and if the new development is the way of doing that, then I'm all for it.

Picture the situation in a few season's time when we are pushing for promotion to the Championship ( Very Happy ) - if we still have the collapsing edifice that is the old grandstand, the fans would be in uproar. Brent, and others, are talking about establishing something that will see us established for years to come and even as a beacon for other clubs. I'm for that.

The details are yet to be available. Then will be the time to make proper assessment.

Out of interest, I see on pasoti that Baba has wondered what Penz's response will be to the new development proposals. As far as I can see from a quick flick through, there will be a trade-off between some spill-over into existing green space and the re-greening of the current swimming pool etc. If that is done properly, I see no objection. Penz ...... ?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:46 pm

It was agreed that at the core of the Board's principles would be honesty, openness and inclusiveness. Much debate was had around whether 'unity' should be a goal of the Board; at this point Graham Clark singled me out as being someone who (in his words) 'sat on the sidelines, sniping.' Peter Ryan responded by saying that actually, disunity and a lack of harmony can, if harnessed correctly, be positive forces. In the end it was generally agreed that inclusiveness was preferable to unity as a goal for the Board.

It sounds like Pasoti bought to life, anyone not towing the party line being outed and called a troll.

Is it any wonder so many people don't want to get involved?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 pm

knecht wrote:
I can never remember if it's men or women who can do more than one thing at a time....... what's wrong with developing the ground and improving the team at he same time.

Sorry to cut your quote short but you need to include 'servicing debt' which we have at least 5 years of.

Aside from worrying about how it's to be financed, I'm also concerned about David Wheeler's statement and his estimation of 20,000 potential stakeholders. At a quick glance it tells me we're gonna regret ever building the new grandstand in future. Early days of course.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:44 pm

perhaps the football finance guy on the board has an overseas sponser lined up to build it, understand he was involved in financing the Emirates.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:58 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I think he should pipe down concerning Gas boards and stadium development until a lot more detail accompanies these plans/ideas.

Do you think the GAS board will be his driving ram to counter any trouble from the friends of central park in his planning plans?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:34 pm

We removed seating from the popular Mayflower to reduce costs.
We closed Zoo Corner for the exact same reasons.
Why do we need an expensive new grandstand at a time when building costs will be at a premium? Unless it's free of charge to the club we simply dont need it now. Sure we might gain a few corporates long-term but us proles are paying for their luxury?. I'll stop short of being abusive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. Empty

Back to top Go down

Plans for a new stadium.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next