Czarcasm
Tgwu
Rickler
Dane
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Stadium Plans released Empty
PostSubject: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
AMBITIOUS plans to bring Plymouth Argyle’s Theatre of Greens into the 21st century and make it a stadium to be proud of have been unveiled.
The plans for a state-of-the-art grandstand to replace the existing 60-year-old Mayflower Stand signal a clear message from Chairman James Brent that he has confidence in the Pilgrims’ future.

The new south stand will contain more seats than the current Mayflower, making it the biggest seated arena in Devon and Cornwall. It already is without the new stand :S

The design of the stadium ensures that the capacity of Home Park will be able to keep pace with Argyle’s growth in years to come as seating can be increased further when it is needed.
Other gains for the club include:

• UEFA standard facilities;

• The ability to stage Under-21 and B internationals;

• Improved hospitality facilities including upgraded toilets, catering services, and rooms for fans to book for their own special celebrations;

• Hugely improved facilities for the disabled;

• Much better community and youth facilities, including modern and fully kitted out classroom and offices to support the youth and sports development activity in the Westcountry;

• Creation of a dedicated memorial garden where supporters can visit and pay tribute to loved ones whose ashes have been scattered or interred at the Theatre of Greens;

• Extensive conferencing and banqueting facilities to generate significant match-day and non match-day income for the club’s benefit;

• A purpose-built shop and ticket office.

There will inevitably be some disruption during construction work, and the club will do everything it can to keep supporters up to date with changes within the ground during the building phase.

Current Mayflower Grandstand Members will need to choose an alternative seat elsewhere in the stadium – available on a strictly First Come, First Served basis – until the rebuild is complete.

If they remain Members during the reconstruction, they will be given priority for Membership when the new Mayflower Grandstand opens.

More information will be revealed in Saturday's edition of The Pilgrim. You can get your hands on a copy for just £3 from sellers around the ground and also online by clicking here.

Not awe inspiring i have to say but no doubt ill clearly be in a minority on this with the beards, FV1886 idiots and the puppets pasb. I was right in saying it is a one tier stand with shops/officies built into the corners.

A good start in bringining 21st century football to the Theatre of Greens (if your going to rip of old traffords nickname) would be to fund a team worthy of such a stand.

Last edited by Angry of Mayfair on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:44 am

Why have they been released in the middle of the night ?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 am

No mention of capacity ? or when this work will start, are they drip feeding the info?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:48 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:50 am

Dane. wrote:
No mention of capacity ? or when this work will start, are they drip feeding the info?

i think the clue is in the final bit of the article, you got to buy the programme to get more info potential money spinner right there cheers capacity wise the stadium could hold 20,000 but with half the mayflower shutting down due to the terracing issue its 16000 + all seater. So my guess is between 1600-1800.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:52 am

No point going any higher than that to be honest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:54 am

Dane. wrote:

Looking at the project development pics how can they honestly say the stand can increase capacity when its built in :S also its going to be a total nightmare driving around that area soon i hope the council address the volume of traffic on outland road these new facilities will produce.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:58 am

I cant see how they can justify spending all that money on bricks and mortar when the teams 92 history in the football league is under serious threat.

Build a team and they will come

not

build an ice rink and they will come
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:20 am

Dane. wrote:
I cant see how they can justify spending all that money on bricks and mortar when the teams 92 history in the football league is under serious threat.

Build a team and they will come

not

build an ice rink and they will come

couldnt put it better myself tbh

I think these plans will wake alot more fans up towards james brents true intentions for the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:58 am

Ollieargyle9

Quote :
Very good news IMO, I know it's hard to consider upgrading the ground when the team is in such a dire position at the moment but in the grand scheme of things I think the new stand and facilities it brings with it will determine Argyle's long term future, we can recover from a relegation this season if we really have to, but Argyle will never progress or maintain a position in the Championship without the facilities to fund it, that is the modern game and it's about time Argyle caught up with it.

Apparently the new stand will be bigger than the current Mayflower capacity, I'd say that was a given really the question is how much bigger? According to the OS it will be the "largest seated area in Devon", I'm not sure if that helps, it's a bit late at night for me to be searching the web for the current record holder on that front.

I think the key part of the development was always the facilities, football clubs can no longer run on ticket sales alone and if we want Argyle to progress then it is vital that we provide more than just football matches.

I've got a link to the OS article which I don't think anyone else has posted on this thread yet, it basically outlines what will be incorporated within the new stand and is the source of my "largest seated area in Devon" quote...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 16292.aspx

If you haven't already had enough of me on Pasoti, there's always Twitter - @Ollieargyle9

Is this kid for real? or is he actually a blind bat in a cave of avivas? why isnt he on the pasb he would fit in so well with the other nodding sheep.

and if he is reading this Home Park already is the biggest seated stadium in devon and cornwall.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 2:43 am

All very nice...

I trust the PASB having seen these plans during the meeting with PAFC earlier this week, have already asked at the end of that meeting for the estimated revenue projections from these projects that will be realised by the club for the next five years?

Also, maybe they could ask real soon ( like, before April 20th)...

Why has no 'homage' whatsoever been paid to reproducing the 'style' of the old turnstile main gate entrance, which is what nearly every Argyle fan wants for a new football ground, so as to evade having a generic McStadium appearence?

Who the hell was advising these people?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:53 am

Home Park Development - the facts

THE £50million Higher Home Park scheme includes a redeveloped Mayflower Stand, including conference and banqueting facilities

Ice arena with 60x30 metre ice rink for social and competition skating, and facilities for 1,500 spectators, complete by the end of 2014

10-screen cinema including IMAX

120-bed hotel

Restaurants and sports/leisure shops

Central Park landscape enhancements including: new tree-lined routes, changing rooms, improvements to Cottage Field and ‘gateways’ at key entrances

Work expected to start in September this year if planners give the go-ahead

Total build time: 20 months

600 construction jobs

LEARN MORE: The Akkeron team will be on hand to discuss the proposals at the Theatre Royal, in Royal Parade, Plymouth, on: Thursday, March 21, 2-6pm; Friday March 22, 11am-4pm; Saturday March 23, 11am-4pm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - axzz2NfvUptVA

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:10 am

No road to the complex is shown from their photos,
who wants a ten-screen cinema in a park?
A bit of Cottage field look like it my be taken
We have to wait for the footprint

The City Centre is calling out for this kind of development.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:45 am

A stadium with plans already approved, conference facilities in place and aimed at Europe. Not a hotel or ice rink in sight. 20,000 capacity. 1000 seater auditorium for conferences (order book for conferences booked for a couple of years)and just off a motorway junction. I seriously think Brent may be too late here

For Exeter City it means probably the odd big game in a Cup at Sandy Park eventually leading to a ground share of sorts sometime in the distant future. Personally I would never go anywhere to watch rugby, but it shows how much can be down for somebody with a dream and some money to spend
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 6:15 am

Viewing on my phone, but that stand looks f*cking shit. Just an extension of the soulless ugly horseshoe. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 6:42 am

If those drawings are anywhere near propotion, looks only a few rows bigger than the Mayflower centre section. The £50 million looks like it concentrates on the extra bits and crams in the cheapest stand you can, wow thats ambition! Cinema???WTF!

Back to Stapes & Co's 18,600?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:23 am

So how are we going to access this new devlopment by road?

I think Brent needs to reveal how he is planning that aswell.

He wouldn't be planning on laying tons of concrete and tarmac across the parks would he?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:42 am

The fact that they are heralding "improved toilet facilities" as a headline bulletpoint tells you all you need to know. Being able to take a dump in semi-normal surroundings is gonna have them flooding back to Home Park. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:43 am

[quote="Yea Man"]So how are we going to access this new devlopment by road?

I think Brent needs to reveal how he is planning that aswell.

He wouldn't be planning on laying tons of concrete and tarmac across the parks would he?[/quote

They are trying to attain one of two routes.

1st down the side of Lyndhurst stand and up Barn Park to the development
2nd through the Parks department site down the side of Harpers Park and up pass the Barn Park stand.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:06 am

Quote :
Backstory:

The Central Park Area Action Plan (CPAAP), was approved in September 2008 by the Government's Planning Inspector after a consultation process. It set the planning framework for the next 15 years. It allows for a sports centre, expansion of Home Park, and building development at Pennycomequick and Peverell/Outland Road corner - losing parts of the park included allotments tended for years. Friends of Central Park say yes to swimming pool and leisure facilities within the footprint of the current buildings and car parking. But no to expanding the area run by Argyle, or any hotels, conference centres, or offices that mean building on the park's greenspace with traffic and parking problems increased.

Friends of Central Park, Plymouth, support plans which maximise opportunities for all communities and ages to use the open space freely, to increase biodiversity and link in with other health, environmental and community initiatives in Plymouth. The group is investigating support for legislation to protect urban green space.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:08 am

Jaytex2012 wrote:
If those drawings are anywhere near propotion, looks only a few rows bigger than the Mayflower centre section. The £50 million looks like it concentrates on the extra bits and crams in the cheapest stand you can, wow thats ambition! Cinema???WTF!

Back to Stapes & Co's 18,600?

I was at Doncaster a few weeks ago and their ground is a four-side version of our horseshoe with a capacity of 15,231.

So I'd be surprised if the finished capacity is much more that 16/17,000.

And I don't get "state of the art".
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:15 am

Small time ground for a small time club with no future

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:33 am

The single tiered stand looks shit and is dwarfed by the Cinema and Icerink (bet Hairy will be happy), proves all along that PAFC is just a sideshow to Brents empire building.
So there it is folks the ATD dissidents have been proved right.........yet again, 15-16k stadium, the height of Argyles ambition.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 am

I don't think the size I'd the capacity matters at the moment. Questions need to be asked like why Brent is happy to see the team wallow at the foot of the football league. Yet can raise 50 million to put into this project. The team needs a cash injection and some kind of initial outlay before they are self sustaining
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:04 am

None of it matters to the football club until we here how much of the cost will fall on the club books, if any, and how much of the non match day income from the development will go into club finances. The rest is flim flam.

Last edited by Dougie on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released Empty

Back to top Go down

Stadium Plans released
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next