Czarcasm
Tgwu
Rickler
Dane
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Stadium Plans released - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Greenjock wrote:
What a feckin numpty Newell is. The one I saw had two tiers.

Oh please, please, please criticise Brent. Please let this be the jaw dropping moment when fatty realises he's been had over and wants to mobilise the dogs of war, wants ATD's help. Yes Pete I agree matey, Brent's nothing but a cnut and a scumbag.

Jock I think your critisim of Brent is OTT. Its fair to point out that we havent seen the plans yet, condeming him on rumoured capaicity figures and a sketch by a retard isnt fair. We should be cynical, but open minded too.

If it turns out that we get a 2 tier stand with a circa 20k capacit then most will be happy with that.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Quote :
perhaps, the only way to broker such a deal, with the revenue streams v capital cost dynamic, is to run with the cheaper option.

Someone has just swallowed a book of banker speak. Or perhaps told what to say. Revenue streams v capital cost dynamic I ask you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Womble wrote:

Jock I think your critisim of Brent is OTT. Its fair to point out that we havent seen the plans yet, condeming him on rumoured capaicity figures and a sketch by a retard isnt fair. We should be cynical, but open minded too.

If it turns out that we get a 2 tier stand with a circa 20k capacit then most will be happy with that.

I agree. That's why I've pointed towards the consultation events.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:00 pm

knecht wrote:
Womble wrote:

I agree. That's why I've pointed towards the consultation events.

Wise as always Knect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Womble wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Oh please, please, please criticise Brent. Please let this be the jaw dropping moment when fatty realises he's been had over and wants to mobilise the dogs of war, wants ATD's help. Yes Pete I agree matey, Brent's nothing but a cnut and a scumbag.

i think the rumoured capacity was given by the PASB womble on here and there last night.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Its interesting to think about what the additional revenues the new stand will generate. The retail unit within the stand belongs to Brent and Associates so thats the rental straight to them what would that be in Plymouth 20, 30, 60K. Becky (RIP) on Pasoti always argued that there was little to be made from conferencing etc when previous developments were muted. With the food outlets in the ground competeing dreictly with those outside how much less will they make I wonder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:11 pm

I dont buy the "i saw a two tier stand drawing" yet the club releases the blue prints to the media and their own website of a torquay utd stand grandstand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 pm

As there appears so much angst on 6 pages of posts I thought I'd have a look in the Herald at what all the fuss is about. All I could see from it was a drawing an average 10 to 12 year old might churn out with almost nothing to look at with any detail. Are there better drawings of it anywhere that I'm not seeing?

If there are no better drawings then I can't see what the fuss is about yet without people having a proper look at proper plans. They are apparently there to view later this week and I would have thought it better for people to view them before going off on one. I know it's the flavour to give Brent a kicking at every turn right now but in the interests of accuracy and perhaps some fairness would that not be the better action? To oppose without knowing what is being opposed exactly seems a bit daft to me. If the real plans are as bad as people seem to be expecting them to be then give him a kicking with some fact behind it and something to kick him for otherwise it seems to be opposition because it's Brent and not neccessarily because they are bad plans.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:46 pm

Is the club's / Akkeron's PR department's really that bad or is someone playing games? 36 hours after the plans were released and there is total confusion over exactly what is planned. None of the websites or press releases really tell us much. No idea of revenue projections. Plenty of talk about stadium extensions that are highly unlikely to ever happen. Now we find that ( I suppose ) one of the "fans reps" has been happily defending the new mini stand all day because he thought the plans were of a 2 tier stand, which he now finds have been changed to a single tier stand while he's been away.

Brent then wonders why the Trust feels the need to ask questions about the way the club is being run Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:57 am

Womble wrote:

Just can't get enough of them empty green plastic seats eh ?

If you boys could even guess at how big time billy big bollox this thread reads you might give it a rest, wtf would Brent spunk an extra 4 or 5 million pounds on building a big ol' feck orf stand when the chances of it ever getting filled were right up there with me getting a nosh off Zara Phillips then out running Mike Tindall when he caught us at it ?

Step back and take a look at yourselves and think how many times you could have sold out a 20k plus ground in the last ten years then divide that by 10 to get the likelihood of it happening in the next ten which may well start with a spell in the Conference.

In the real world outside of a few thieving Russkies and Camel Jockeys vanity projects chucking away millions of pounds with minimal chance of any return just don't happen.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:46 am

Thanks to Newell the mental midget...

Every cloud has a silver lining --

If the stadium plans can be downsized in three weeks...

They can be 'upsized' in three weeks also!

AFT... Get moving!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:14 am

So the boss is testing the market hey? Really hope so as I think his name will soon be shite in Jannerland if he starts pulling strokes all over it, our big hope is that the council have a bigger say in this and stipulate 20k+ or no to the other deals! Brent is now showing all that CitiGroup training and will be gone faster than a whippet when the last tile goes on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:28 am

Rickler wrote:

Thanks to Newell the mental midget...

Every cloud has a silver lining --

If the stadium plans can be downsized in three weeks...

They can be 'upsized' in three weeks also!

AFT... Get moving!

Talking of the mental midget he blabbers on about Damon not being fit and proper yet wasn't bothered by that when he wasworking with him to get Brent the keys.

Talking of fit and proper though I guess having a Flickr dossier including personal medical details would also make someone not fit and proper aswell as having a dossier on supporters or using an anonymous account to abuse a paying customer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:12 am

Richard Blight wrote:
Is the club's / Akkeron's PR department's really that bad or is someone playing games? 36 hours after the plans were released and there is total confusion over exactly what is planned. None of the websites or press releases really tell us much. No idea of revenue projections. Plenty of talk about stadium extensions that are highly unlikely to ever happen. Now we find that ( I suppose ) one of the "fans reps" has been happily defending the new mini stand all day because he thought the plans were of a 2 tier stand, which he now finds have been changed to a single tier stand while he's been away.

Brent then wonders why the Trust feels the need to ask questions about the way the club is being run Rolling Eyes

This exactly.

Whilst I appreciate that the most mature way is to wait until the detailed plans later this week we can only comment on what we can see now. IF the stand is as drawn then it is a complete disappointment and plainly as small/cheap as possible to allow the real money making behind the scenes.

I am completely against retail/fast food outlets and a cinema at Home Park. There are cinemas in the area already and the last time I went the cinema was not considered a sporting activity. How does that fit with the covenants in place? Everything we do when not working can be classed as a leisure activity.

We build on our parks at our peril. There is enough concrete in the world already. As others have said this is the way to defeat/delay this plan and the friends of central park will soon be getting a new member.

A significant delay to the plans would test James Brents lip quivering skills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:29 am

Womble wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Do you not do humour womble?

I was jokingly suggesting that Newell wasn't happy with the plans and was objective enough to comment as an Argyle fan rather than someone with his tongue planted firmly inside Brents ringpiece.

Newell loves it, despite a whole tier having fallen off!

So Newell was consulted, Webb absolutely was involved. Who wants to hazard a guess who else was consulted?

U see Postey has crawled from under his rock now, he considers it long enough since taking the hit for his buddies to be able to go back to his normal weasely posting style. Criticising the trust, ass licking Brent and his cronies and supporting the new plans! Whodathunkit?

Postey offered the trust vice-chairman role? Not anytime recently Postey you two-faced backstabbing wanker. My God you're even worse than my parody's of you, and Olliemod10 is that geeky tw@t from the YouTube video. Somebody enrol him into a hooligan gang any leave him outside Upton Park in a millwall shirt please.

That's the future of this great country, a puckered up namby pamby you would like to see falling out of the new stand onto his head as he's leant too far over trying to jot down the serial numbers on the steel in his shit grandstand spotter book. tw@t.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:00 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Womble wrote:

If you boys could even guess at how big time billy big bollox this thread reads you might give it a rest, wtf would Brent spunk an extra 4 or 5 million pounds on building a big ol' feck orf stand when the chances of it ever getting filled were right up there with me getting a nosh off Zara Phillips then out running Mike Tindall when he caught us at it ?

Step back and take a look at yourselves and think how many times you could have sold out a 20k plus ground in the last ten years then divide that by 10 to get the likelihood of it happening in the next ten which may well start with a spell in the Conference.

In the real world outside of a few thieving Russkies and Camel Jockeys vanity projects chucking away millions of pounds with minimal chance of any return just don't happen.

I realise that it's quite difficult for a supporter of small town club whose history reads as a litany of lower league mediocrity to understand higher scale aspirations but please,do try.The argument of "how many times have you filled a 20k plus ground" is really rather absurd.How many times did Reading fill Elm Park,Hull fill Boothferry Park,Swansea fill the Vetch etc before they build their new stadia? Those would be the clubs that Argyle should be seeking to emulate,representing similar size's of city and with a similar or [in some cases] inferior history rather than the likes of Exeter or Accrington.Admittedly the plans put forward would give Argyle a far superior ground to anything that would surface from the rubble at SJP but that isn't really the point,just the continuation of a pattern.

BTW-camel jockeys?! Shocked

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:34 am

Freathy wrote:
There is growing opposition to these contemptous 'plans' on pasoti now after early on comments were dominated by the usual tedious collection of wooden headed brent lovers - "eeeeeeee saved us!!!!". And I see the supreme superfan has joined in to tell the plebs to be grateful to his lordship brent. AFT - time to tell brent this aint good enough!! The stand should be two tiered and twice the planned 4000k capacity! Anything less is an insult.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my fear here is that a 4k grandstand could be used on its own in the bsp - a bit like meadowbank used to when they played at the commonwealth stadium - , therefore saving more cash for brent and less jobs for anyone else

imagine. the derby clash with tivvy/truro, a packed main stand, people queing for hours to get in...

this club is a joke
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:39 am

As long as there's a directors box and a car parking space from newell, webb and jones who really gives a toss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:51 am

Greenskin wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Womble wrote:

I realise that it's quite difficult for a supporter of small town club whose history reads as a litany of lower league mediocrity to understand higher scale aspirations but please,do try.The argument of "how many times have you filled a 20k plus ground" is really rather absurd.How many times did Reading fill Elm Park,Hull fill Boothferry Park,Swansea fill the Vetch etc before they build their new stadia? Those would be the clubs that Argyle should be seeking to emulate,representing similar size's of city and with a similar or [in some cases] inferior history rather than the likes of Exeter or Accrington.Admittedly the plans put forward would give Argyle a far superior ground to anything that would surface from the rubble at SJP but that isn't really the point,just the continuation of a pattern.

BTW-camel jockeys?! Shocked

All this talk about history....that's all you've got...your future is fecked and you lot stood by and allowed it to be so.

You Club is representative of your City....everything done on the cheap. Love all the talk, yet nobody faces Brent down, encouragement of violence on an individual removed even at lil old Exeter real action was taken to save our Club and even a little violence ensued. You don't care enough to raise a breath let alone a fist. Good luck with the memories of your past glories, when Argyle were a masssiiiivvvvvveeee club who took on the world and nobody noticed
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:05 am

Jaytex2012 wrote:
So the boss is testing the market hey? Really hope so as I think his name will soon be shite in Jannerland if he starts pulling strokes all over it, our big hope is that the council have a bigger say in this and stipulate 20k+ or no to the other deals! Brent is now showing all that CitiGroup training and will be gone faster than a whippet when the last tile goes on!

no chance.

brent has the council & the city in his pocket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:17 am

Lord Aviva wrote:
Jaytex2012 wrote:

no chance.

brent has the council & the city in his pocket.

Worth a try LA Very Happy Ok so call the f*ckers bluff and offer the club for sale with a £8mill cash for the stand in place! I beleive someone would come in and maybe stump up the rest to get something decent done, yeah ok clutching at straws now. I hate what has happened to this club!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:46 am

Lord Aviva is right, Brent has the council in his pocket as he is the only person prepared to invest money into the city before at the stadium and pavillions. Until a few others start coming down this way to invest cash brent is free to do whatever he likes right or wrong.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:21 pm

There is so much "if you only knew what I knew and seen what I've seen" about it's nauseating.

Latest missive is from Argyle very own bloodhound, James Brent supper clubber and Trust poker Tony Hooper. Apparently the income projections for the new not grand stand are in the minutes of the joint meeting.

Those would be the minutes that the Argyle directors seem unable to sign off. Go figure.

Apart from anything else it's taken him 34 pages before mentioning it. You would think him and IJN have been asked to lead a charm offensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:25 pm

There's a definite joint defence of Brent's folly taking place as well as a simultaneous attack on the Trust.

That alone should be ringing a few alarm bells for "real fans".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Hmmm Zara Phillips.....

*dribbles*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stadium Plans released
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next