Richard Blight
Damon.Lenszner
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:05 pm

I have not heard anything about the meet between the WG and Akkeron but Esmer has just posted this in the other place:

I agree with you it is important that the fans are kept fully informed and that is a bit slow in happening.The problem is getting the minutes and statement agreed with all parties but I hope I'm not giving too much away by saying that the main point from the meeting is that the WG have submitted a scheme (details on the AFT website) to Akkeron which will increase the capacity to near 20,000 on the same footprint, along with a costing of the works. Akkeron Regeneration are at present checking the feasibility from a planning, design and financial standpoint and will give it due consideration and will shortly get back to the WG.

Apparently the magic formula was making the stand higher!!! Shame the Akkeron designers couldn't think of that.
Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:23 pm

excellent
Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Good work by the WG if this happens, still not totally happy about the stinking Ice rink being slap bang behind the main stand.
Compromise i think will be the key and if a 7,000 grandstand increased in height over the original plans then so be it.
Good work once again from Andy and the trust
Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:28 pm

I can't wait to see Newell's response if the capacity is achieved within the footprint due to the drive and intelligence of the working group brought together by Andy and the AFT.
Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
I can't wait to see Newell's response if the capacity is achieved within the footprint due to the drive and intelligence of the working group brought together by Andy and the AFT.

he will say he was behind it all the time. And spoke to james to get him to work with WG.
Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:37 pm

Pokesdown wrote:

He has already been on with the daggers regarding the increase in capacity...i really dont know what this man,s problem is.
One things for sure Pafc is better of without him, his poisonous entourage and wicked and evil influences.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Supporters working together in harmony:

- The AFT puts out the call
- Members and non members get together forming the WG
- In a short space of time the WG create and cost alternatives
- The PASB get the WG and Akkeron round the table
- A 20,000 compromise solution works

Can JB afford to say no?
Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Can JB afford to say no?

Depends on who he chooses to listen too i feel. If he listens to the fans the compromise solution must be sort and incorporated to appease all sides of the debate.

If he chooses to listen to the members of the keep argyle in the dark ages gang ie newell and co then he will find away of saying it wont work because a,b and c much like the cottage field argument.

i hope James listens to the fans myself.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Can JB afford to say no?

You really don't want me to answer that do you!
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:46 pm

Has anyone thought of any bird protection systems in the new development. The seagulls are a pain and make a mess everywhere.
Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Dane. wrote:
Has anyone thought of any bird protection systems in the new development. The seagulls are a pain and make a mess everywhere.

Shotgun
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:49 pm

We have hired a falconer in the past.
Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Dane. wrote:

and the mess from seagulls and pigeons can cause serious health problems too. Which is way workmen refused to work in areas where they are nesting till they are removed.

failing that we could always feed them rice and turn them into kamikaze birds
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Can JB afford to say no?

You really don't want me to answer that do you!

Seriously Richard JB could win back a huge chunk of the middle of the road fanbase that's been lost with the stand fiasco by accepting compromise.

It will be a massive step forward - more to go, but a wonderful start.

On the other hand if he digs his heels in then he will do untold damage to Board / Fan relations for a generation.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I have not heard anything about the meet between the WG and Akkeron but Esmer has just posted this in the other place:

I agree with you it is important that the fans are kept fully informed and that is a bit slow in happening.The problem is getting the minutes and statement agreed with all parties but I hope I'm not giving too much away by saying that the main point from the meeting is that the WG have submitted a scheme (details on the AFT website) to Akkeron which will increase the capacity to near 20,000 on the same footprint, along with a costing of the works. Akkeron Regeneration are at present checking the feasibility from a planning, design and financial standpoint and will give it due consideration and will shortly get back to the WG.

Apparently the magic formula was making the stand higher!!! Shame the Akkeron designers couldn't think of that.

Even if this 'taller stand' were to be adopted, will the plans not still block any future expansion ?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:11 pm

20,000 would be fine for Championship football. If from there we ever reached the Promised Land we could afford the expansion behind the goal.
Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:20 pm

and the additional seating to the current stands could bump up the 20000 to more 22-25000 depending on how many it was again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:36 pm

The build-it-tiny brent lovers will drag out the old "it can't be built higher than the Life Centre" line.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Pressure must be kept up now - the AFT WG have done their thing brilliantly - now it's our turn to get the compromise deal over the line.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
and the additional seating to the current stands could bump up the 20000 to more 22-25000 depending on how many it was again.

The additional seating talked about by Akkeron around the horseshoe is highly unlikely to ever happen.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Why doesnt Andy post on here anymore? Great work from him on this it looks like anyway..
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
We have hired a falconer in the past.

Waste of money Damon. That will solve the issue while the falcon is there. But then the seagulls return.

They need to install a prevention system.
Back to top Go down
Dazzaraghi

Dazzaraghi

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Boys the long and short is Brent will not budge from his position as it will cost him personally... Like it or not but every pound you put down will help his children to get a wonderful education... He does not give a shit about Argyle nor the city of Plymouth. So all we will get is a shelf and an anonymous retail and leisure park. If you're happy with that then carry on bitching and whining from your keyboards. Choice is all yours.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:33 pm

Big words for a first post Dazza - What are you suggesting?
Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Dazzaraghi wrote:
Boys the long and short is Brent will not budge from his position as it will cost him personally... Like it or not but every pound you put down will help his children to get a wonderful education... He does not give a shit about Argyle nor the city of Plymouth. So all we will get is a shelf and an anonymous retail and leisure park. If you're happy with that then carry on bitching and whining from your keyboards. Choice is all yours.

So what do you want ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Revised HHP Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans Empty

Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next