Rickler
Dane
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Stadium Plans released - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:01 am

I have fond memories of standing in the covered Devonport End, then the Lyndhurst[when I grew up] in the 60's/70's. Crackling atmosphere, particularly for evening games, a far cry from the plastic seats, no smoking/drinking/standing experience these days.
The night we beat Blackburn to go top of the 3rd tier saw a crowd of just under 30k at Home Park and 'Mariner Sailed In !'

Sleeping Giant in those days.............. now he's comatosed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:20 am

Tringreen wrote:

Sleeping Giant in those days.............. now he's comatosed.

Ain't that the truth.

Used to laugh at the 'JB's played a blinder phrase' but he truely has.

Give the main 'threats' some status/recognition and benefits, keep them close, and discommunicate any other influencial groups, then take what you want, gobble down as much as you can.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:38 am

Time to start protesting against these plans, friends of central park??
Rather keep the mayflower then be palmed off with a grandstand similar to the main stand at Fleetwood, Brent is taking us for mugs.
AFT needs to grow a pair and confront Brent and the super-fans,no feckin around and straight to the point THE STADIUM SHOULD BE AT LEAST 20,000!!! Anything else will not do
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:48 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Rather keep the mayflower then be palmed off with a grandstand similar to the main stand at Fleetwood, Brent is taking us for mugs.
AFT needs to grow a pair and confront Brent and the super-fans,no feckin around and straight to the point THE STADIUM SHOULD BE AT LEAST 20,000!!! Anything else will not do

There will be opposition to wider development and if that prevents this crappy little stand being built then I'm 100% behind any such opposition and will go out of my way to support it. And successful opposition to the whole development may also see the odious brent sent packing too. What a great day that would be.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Freathy wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

There will be opposition to wider development and if that prevents this crappy little stand being built then I'm 100% behind any such opposition and will go out of my way to support it. And successful opposition to the whole development may also see the odious brent sent packing too. What a great day that would be.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amen to that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:48 pm

This not very grand stand has got non league shite written allover it, torquay have got one similar perhaps the speccy specculator see's us as the new torquay! geek it will take more than a few crap murals (sponsored by fes) to polish this turd. go on suprise us brent come up with a decent stand we can be proud of, not cheap tat!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:53 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
This not very grand stand has got non league shite written allover it, torquay have got one similar perhaps the speccy specculator see's us as the new torquay! geek it will take more than a few crap murals (sponsored by fes) to polish this turd. go on suprise us brent come up with a decent stand we can be proud of, not cheap tat!

Shhhhh
Youll upset Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:57 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Shhhhh
perhaps nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk could buy speccy another box of crayons so he could try again lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Shhhhh
perhaps nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk could buy speccy another box of crayons so he could try again lol!

what are the odds that nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk is "sponsoring" te new cheap stand or has some involvment in it at least?

Last edited by Mock Cuncher on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to shorten the width of the page :))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:12 pm

X throbber from the farm thinks we should be eternally grateful to brent for proposing to build a stand that trago mills would reject, perhaps it would look better if their was a giant duckpond in the directors box with a few peacocks roaming around, and a little model railway track running around the outside of it sunny
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:32 pm

So basically, it's the smallest stand JB could get away with in order to keep the City Council quiet- not even a dedicated press room-, he's aiming for a ground big enough for the third tier of the League (at best) and the football club can keep the revenue from non-matchday use. But who the hell's going to have a conference or a "Banquet" in the bowels of a cramped football stand when there'll be a marquee hotel with views over the Sound next door?

And, as has been asked by myself and others for several years, can anyone give an example of a football club that derives a useful income from non matchday use of it's facilities?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:43 pm

And of course, selling himself the land for less than it's full value is part of the reason why the club is running at a loss and he can "play the hero" by baling out his own business
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:38 pm

You should see the amount of dimwits on Pasoti giving it the "beggars cant be choosers" mantra.
Exactly that kind of attitude that got us lumbered with Speccy in the first place
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:56 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The main action of descend should be against the new road, no road no development, I have been right on what was in this development from early on, the one part he did not bring out into the public domain was the road, he afraid of a public backlash that why he went to all these supporters meeting to gel his sheep to his plans.
Stop that road and he is in shit street

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:05 pm

Tgwu wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The main action of descend should be against the new road, no road no development, I have been right on what was in this development from early on, the one part he did not bring out into the public domain was the road, he afraid of a public backlash that why he went to all these supporters meeting to gel his sheep to his plans.
Stop that road and he is in shit street

As you say it's the road that could be the stumbling block here, first I'd even heard of one in this little lot but I supose you don't want to rock up to your hotel and lug your bags across that concreate. Up the capacity on the stand or we boycott the road, speccy!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Where do I sign to oppose this road??!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:58 pm

My understanding is that the amount paid by Mr Brent for the car-park area was determined by an independent valuation. In that sense he didn't set the price he paid.

There are so many questions about this I can't get my knickers in a twist yet...... but

1. My first response is that it is too small. At present this is clearly not an issue but for the future when we regain our rightful place pushing for but just missing promotion to the Premiership it won't be enough. The present development will be paid for by Akkeron's adjacent development. Any future growth will be paid for by the club. A cynic might say that the minimum that can be got away with is being paid out now.

2. The crowing on PAFC site is that it will be "the biggest seated area in Devon & Cornwall". The aspiration in this is so small that it is laughable.

3. The Akkeron site refers to "additional seating capacity". I don't know what this means. Additional to what's already in the Mayflower.... ie nigh on zero? Or to the grand-stand? Or are they talking about some future potential?

4. If there are to be a large number of cafe/restaurant outlets on site this will be in direct competition to Argyle. If Argyle's are to be all inward-facing this removes even that as a possible source of additional funding except for organised functions.

5. I agree with the poster above (TGWU I think....) that a major issue, and one on which this development could be challenged, is the one of roads. Outland Road is already stretched - especially on match days. The issue of where the roads will be to service this area is not described anywhere.

5. It's unclear what the vastly improved facilities for disabled supporters will be. At Carrow Road (a ground I'm sure I've read has been in Mr Brent's mind at some point) they have superb provision in an enclosed area at the end of one of the stands. Is this what we see in the sketch so far provided? If so, that will be excellent.

6. It has always been stated that the income generated by the new grand-stand will go to the club. But I see that there now may be a sports outlet within the development that will take their slice. On the assumption that this will pay rent it will be an income for the club. That will be positive. However, inasmuch as it will take up space it limits what's available for direct club use. This needs clarifying.

7. On the Akkeron site it refers to "classrooms" (pl) whereas on the PAFC site it refers to "classroom" (sing.). This needs clarifying. It may not be a terrible thing to have a public body paying rent as it removes some of the vagaries of the commercial sector. But, again, it takes away strict usage dedicated to the football club.

8. Just who are the supporters they have been consulting with for some time if it's not the Trust or the PASB - both democratically elected and both stated by the club to be bodies they will work with?

LEARN MORE: The Akkeron team will be on hand to discuss the proposals at the Theatre Royal, in Royal Parade, Plymouth, on: Thursday, March 21, 2-6pm; Friday March 22, 11am-4pm; Saturday March 23, 11am-4pm.

Last edited by knecht on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:59 pm

For people who have not read this part.

Vehicle access is to be agreed, but is currently planned to come in at the entrance near the turn off to Goals, then run down alongside the Lyndhurst & then along the back of the Barn Park.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:05 pm

I shall certainly be visiting the Theatre Royal on Friday. Do you think IJN will be on door security duty or inside as part of the "development committee"?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:00 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
You should see the amount of realists on Pasoti giving it the "beggars cant be choosers" mantra.

Amended for factuals.

I can't believe the attitude of you mugs, you are the utter pits both on and off the field without a pot to pith in, presumptive faves for relegation in many people's books, one side of your ground is an ageing tip that makes parts of Syd James Park look good, someone is prepared to fund a development that will tidy it up providing you with a ground that you might fill a couple of times a decade, if and only if your apparently terminal decline can be arrested which seems unlikely at the moment, and all you muppets do is bitch that it ain't good enough, you are all truly demented.

Red, we are never gonna play at Sandy Park, the Chiefs would not ever have us there.

Tring, get your record books out cos that Blackburn crowd was nowhere near 30k, sub 27k seems to stick in my mind though gawd only knows why I would remember such an arcane piece of info, either way it is an issue from a different age and is wholly unrelated to the present or anything that might happen in the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
You should see the amount of realists on Pasoti giving it the "beggars cant be choosers" mantra.

Amended for factuals.

I can't believe the attitude of you mugs, you are the utter pits both on and off the field without a pot to pith in, presumptive faves for relegation in many people's books, one side of your ground is an ageing tip that makes parts of Syd James Park look good, someone is prepared to fund a development that will tidy it up providing you with a ground that you might fill a couple of times a decade, if and only if your apparently terminal decline can be arrested which seems unlikely at the moment, and all you muppets do is bitch that it ain't good enough, you are all truly demented.

Red, we are never gonna play at Sandy Park, the Chiefs would not ever have us there.

Tring, get your record books out cos that Blackburn crowd was nowhere near 30k, sub 27k seems to stick in my mind though gawd only knows why I would remember such an arcane piece of info, either way it is an issue from a different age and is wholly unrelated to the present or anything that might happen in the future.
tis the crowd was twenty eight thousand argyle fans as i remember, not seeing a single blackburn fan it was a tuesday night i suppose but they had no visible support at all! to compare any part of the mayflower with the sidadrome is a joke, your future is the bleakest imo the chiefs will get stronger in their posh ground while you wither and die in that hovel of a truly crap ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 pm

I know a bit about civil engineering and the bit about adding 2,500 seats onto the top of the horseshoe without much further investment is absolute rubbish.
Again Brent is trying to insult the Argyle fans intelligence
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:20 pm

knecht wrote:
My understanding is that the amount paid by Mr Brent for the car-park area was determined by an independent valuation. In that sense he didn't set the price he paid.

2. The crowing on PAFC site is that it will be "the biggest seated area in Devon & Cornwall". The aspiration in this is so small that it is laughable.

That would be incorrect given Exeter Chiefs have approved planning permission to replace 3 stands and increase seated ca[pacity to 20,000. Work starts in September.

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:28 pm

The Red Star wrote:
That would be incorrect given Exeter Chiefs have approved planning permission to replace 3 stands and increase seated ca[pacity to 20,000. Work starts in September.

The capacity of 20k would include some covered standing iirc Red.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
to compare any part of the mayflower with the sidadrome is a joke, your future is the bleakest imo the chiefs will get stronger in their posh ground while you wither and die in that hovel of a truly crap ground.

Future development of the Chiefs will only serve to reinforce the position of Exeter as the Premier City in the South West which will in time feed through to us, we shall neither wither nor die and shortly Sid James may well reflect our status as Devon's only Football League Club.

A nice ground maketh not the football club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stadium Plans released   Stadium Plans released - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stadium Plans released
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next