Flat_Track_Bully
Chemical Ali
Tgwu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 am

Winger Joe Lennox is to be released by Plymouth Argyle when his short-term contract ends on January 31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Lennox to be Released   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:27 am

Winger Joe Lennox is to be released when his contract expires at the end of January. Fletcher was looking to extend his deal after the goal against Exeter, but i guess his sacking stopped that. Isaac Vassell is to be assessed this week (as he's been injured) as his contract ends on 31st Jan - I would imagine he's going too.

Herald LINK
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:43 am

Yeah, I suspect Vassell will be gone as well. There are already Sims, Lecointe and Harvey as young strikers who appear to be ahead of him in the pecking order.

It can't help any of these kids progress to not have any games to play though. Might explain why Copp and Harper-Penman ended up being released last year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:48 am

It'll probably come down to a combination of whether Jonnie Shez rates them, and wages.

I can't see most of these kids being on more than five or six hundred quid a week, but I guess it depends how dire our finances are.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:57 am

Thought Lennox had potential but hey in Sheridan we trust.
Back to top Go down

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:07 am

It must be getting pretty desperate if we're looking down the back of the settee for the coppers.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 am

That's it Gob. Sad innit?

Brent's only loaning the money to keep us afloat anyway. Adding a few grand more to keep kids that may flourish and go on to be an asset, is hardly going to make a huge difference to the bigger picture.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:15 am

Your not wrong Gob

Quote :
Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1
@adamfergy manager makes the decisions mate. Every penny counts at this level and JS is still adding

It's quite funny watching those who so fervently backed Fletcher now fervently having to back every decision that Sheridan makes even if it reverses one that Fletcher made.

The squad was bloated and rudderless yet there were those very happy to board the good ship Fletcher despite it heading for the rocks.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 am

Also easier and cheaper to get rid of kids than some of the contracted experienced overpaid dross that are on the books
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:21 am

Dougie wrote:
Your not wrong Gob

Quote :
Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1
@adamfergy manager makes the decisions mate. Every penny counts at this level and JS is still adding

It's quite funny watching those who so fervently backed Fletcher now fervently having to back every decision that Sheridan makes even if it reverses one that Fletcher made.

The squad was bloated and rudderless yet there were those very happy to board the good ship Fletcher despite it heading for the rocks.

This has been going on for years with the emergence of the Pasoti Politburo. These dimwits have backed anyone in a suit who might let them have the keys to the executive toilets.
Their judgement is as flawed as their motives and integrity.

Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 am

Not surprised nor do I think we'll miss him. It'll be a few more quid a week to play with, but not a lot. Sadly Chadwick, Feeney et al still collect.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:16 pm

GOB wrote:
It must be getting pretty desperate if we're looking down the back of the settee for the coppers.

Not so much about looking for coppers GOB, why pay wages no matter how little if the player/s are not gonna make the grade. Man U realeased 12 youngsters last summer are they scraping for coppers NO. It makes sense to save where we can and put the money towards perhaps another first teamer or investment in the youth.

We cant have it all.
Back to top Go down

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:21 pm

So if it's not the dosh we can expect to see a new youngen to come in as Lennox's replacement, 125?
Back to top Go down

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Shame he has been let go i would have kept him on till end of the season myself. JS mentioned the serious lack of reserve football at the club and unless this is addressed for next season we may aswell not bother offering contracts to the YTS players as they will suffer like Copp, Jed H-P and now Lennox just go to waste with no footy to show what they can do and let go.
Back to top Go down

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:53 pm

We need to develop young players, we cannot afford to buy quality, I don't know of any other route open to us?
Back to top Go down

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Iggy wrote:
We need to develop young players, we cannot afford to buy quality, I don't know of any other route open to us?

it makes me laugh when JB claims he wants us to produce our own players (probably told this by chris as he wants us to be barcelona lite) yet didnt insist to carl fletcher to run a reserve team this season or at least organize enough friendlies to allow young players games, trialist a chance, injuried/out of form/not being picked first teamers a run out etc etc.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lennox gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lennox gone   Lennox gone Empty

Back to top Go down

Lennox gone
Page 1 of 1