Chemical Ali
lawnmowerman
Dougie
Tringreen
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:25 am

I not sure that Symons has a big enough pair tbh, the trouble is that positions of power generally attract the sort of person that likes the power, they generally don't like to rock any boats in case they lose the job (known as speaking the right language). I would be glad to be proved wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:28 am

Iggy wrote:
I not sure that Symons has a big enough pair tbh, the trouble is that positions of power generally attract the sort of person that likes the power, they generally don't like to rock any boats in case they lose the job (known as speaking the right language). I would be glad to be proved wrong.

My feelings exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 am

Iggy wrote:

Generally speaking I think you're right but I'm not so sure that Andy will come under that bracket. The few times I have met Andy he seems quite forthright about stuff and he's been pretty forthright on ATD and much to one or two's dislike. No matter what he does there will be a few that won't agree no matter what, but I think that Andy has huge support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:39 am

alannotivvy wrote:
Jaytex2012 wrote:
Has the entertainment stopped over the road, the thread has gone awol.
:seems like the thread has been split into one about pasties,and the original is lower down the Sleep

I think it's safe to say that any hope that pasoti wanted to change and that there were moderators that wanted change have just been blown out of the window, the junta remains as corruptly dogmatic as it ever was.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 am

It's somewhat revealing imho ,that the Politburo have chosen to discuss pasties, as soon as Jock presented the email/text conversations which put certain individuals in a bad spotlight.
Pedlar has been withdrawn or reined in, the poodles yap their compliance and it's business as usual for the self promoting ones.

'Let's support our amputee heroes!' Sickeningly predictable and nauseatingly opportunistic.

They can sweep the corruption under the carpet but the stench will remain and fester.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:45 am

Assuming that Pedlar wanted change and that he wasn't simply attempting to gain a strange type moralistic middle ground perception, I think it would be logical to assume that he lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:53 am

Czarcasm wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Tim,
Surely now is the time for the trust/PASB to step in. James Brent needs to told as firmly as possible that its not ok to have club officials (paid or not) bringing the club into distripute like they have been and attacking fans.
swampy wrote:
Totally agree. A list should be made of all points that have been unsatisfactorily answered or where answers are still needed about the behaviour of Nool, The Pres and P Jones and where fellow fans feel they have brought the club into disrepute. They can't keep trivialising serious threads on Pasoti with the handful of those accused of wrongdoing and a few mates going off topic about pasties and then the thread dumped on opinions. The whole thing stinks. Newell a proven liar on numerous occasions, Webb a proven liar, Jones suggesting a long standing fan buys a Man Utd scarf, Hooper, Jameson, De Lar, Ponty, Mr Angry Soper all guilty of duplicious behaviour and the rest all close or near to Brent and the boardroom. If the Trust or a Journo is not prepared to tackle this then who is for goodness sake?

I do have to say, I agree with you.

And I also have to say.. Personally, I am not Andy Symons' greatest fan, however... The letter he wrote to Brent on behalf of ATD when Newell was threatening Cowdery was brilliant.

He should do the same again as Chairman in the name of the AFT!

Will he though ? Brent has made it clear that he will only deal [sort of] with the pasb, so what has the trust to lose by asking questions ?............... Brent will only tell them to feck off again anyway Rolling Eyes

If Brent does tell the trust to feck off again they then need to shout from the rooftops, go to the papers , BBC or anyone that will listen. What's the worst the club can do.

Woefully off topic, but you'd be the person to ask Lawny...

...we've had a dry spell of late so I'm thinking of trimming the lawn this afternoon. Is it a bit early in the year for that?

Now I'm worried, I gave mine the haircut on Wednesday and its looking awfully drap today. Oh dear!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:03 am

Tringreen wrote:
It's somewhat revealing imho ,that the Politburo have chosen to discuss pasties, as soon as Jock presented the email/text conversations which put certain individuals in a bad spotlight.
Pedlar has been withdrawn or reined in, the poodles yap their compliance and it's business as usual for the self promoting ones.

'Let's support our amputee heroes!' Sickeningly predictable and nauseatingly opportunistic.

They can sweep the corruption under the carpet but the stench will remain and fester.

The man in question wants no donations.

From his Facebook page.

Quote :
while I appreciate all of your support... that's not the solution... although everyone is being great in wanting to help it could potentially damage my course of action

Charity here isn't the answer - the guy wants the Government to change and providing charity to those injured in war is the opposite of what this fella is trying to achieve on a political level.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 am

Yup, Help for Heroes is the charity which shouldn't exist...after all, surely it is down to the employers, the government to step up and help these young people now permanently disabled as a result of simply doing their job. How about we drop 1/3 less bombs over the next year or two and use their cost towards adequately compensating those affected? Having said that, my grandparents are absolutely mad for Help For Heroes stuff, and have been ever since my sister enrolled. It has a lot of support among the more accepting...

On similar lines obviously minus the amputees, it is utterly down to Brent to pay back his debt to the staff who went unpaid for the best part of a year to bring the club's price down...this GT nonsense has gone on for far too long. It's painful.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:17 am

Iggy wrote:

That for me. It's like Jon B, nobody doubts his integrity or capability certainly not me but I don't see him beating down any doors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:22 am

hairy j wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

The man in question wants no donations.

From his Facebook page.

Quote :
while I appreciate all of your support... that's not the solution... although everyone is being great in wanting to help it could potentially damage my course of action

Charity here isn't the answer - the guy wants the Government to change and providing charity to those injured in war is the opposite of what this fella is trying to achieve on a political level.

Good spot Hairy but its not really about him is it? Help for Heroes always seemed to be a bit like The Army Benevolent fund for people that want to be seen as "doing something for charity"
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:52 am

Yes indeed. With Napoleon and his type , it's what they do to deflect attention from the devious games they play, whilst attempting to take the moral high ground.
The assumptions drawn by the average Joe, are that this wonderfully prominent charity worker couldn't possibly be the same person others have shown him to be.
It is low cunning but it does work with the rabble, those who want to believe.

For me personally, it only serves to heighten my contempt for these people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 am

Thai green wrote:
Just wondering like......as I have a white feather ( one owner as new ) , awarded for cowardice in the face of the enemy ( death ) sent by Ian ( IJN ) to me during my chemo to try to prolong my days as an Argyle fan, perhaps I can offer it back to him for auction and hope Nikkkkk wishes to bid hundreds of pounds for this unique item. It's white, fluffy and in excellent condition. Cool

Speechless! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:35 am

Czarcasm wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Tim,
Surely now is the time for the trust/PASB to step in. James Brent needs to told as firmly as possible that its not ok to have club officials (paid or not) bringing the club into distripute like they have been and attacking fans.
swampy wrote:
Totally agree. A list should be made of all points that have been unsatisfactorily answered or where answers are still needed about the behaviour of Nool, The Pres and P Jones and where fellow fans feel they have brought the club into disrepute. They can't keep trivialising serious threads on Pasoti with the handful of those accused of wrongdoing and a few mates going off topic about pasties and then the thread dumped on opinions. The whole thing stinks. Newell a proven liar on numerous occasions, Webb a proven liar, Jones suggesting a long standing fan buys a Man Utd scarf, Hooper, Jameson, De Lar, Ponty, Mr Angry Soper all guilty of duplicious behaviour and the rest all close or near to Brent and the boardroom. If the Trust or a Journo is not prepared to tackle this then who is for goodness sake?

I do have to say, I agree with you.

And I also have to say.. Personally, I am not Andy Symons' greatest fan, however... The letter he wrote to Brent on behalf of ATD when Newell was threatening Cowdery was brilliant.

He should do the same again as Chairman in the name of the AFT!

Will he though ? Brent has made it clear that he will only deal [sort of] with the pasb, so what has the trust to lose by asking questions ?............... Brent will only tell them to feck off again anyway Rolling Eyes

If Brent does tell the trust to feck off again they then need to shout from the rooftops, go to the papers , BBC or anyone that will listen. What's the worst the club can do.

Woefully off topic, but you'd be the person to ask Lawny...

...we've had a dry spell of late so I'm thinking of trimming the lawn this afternoon. Is it a bit early in the year for that?

To keep things on topic grass cutting advice is here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 pm

just posted a message saying that pig would have preferred to send a white feather to that soldier,instead of a donation on the farm and its just been deleted after 30 seconds!!!!!
blimey ,their quiick off the marks now
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:20 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
just posted a message saying that pig would have preferred to send a white feather to that soldier,instead of a donation on the farm and its just been deleted after 30 seconds!!!!!
blimey ,their quiick off the marks now

The desperate acts of a dying forum........................ and club. I truly despise those to$$ers who purport to be real fans. Without the internet they would be simply the brainless yeoman rump of the fanbase. They are not fit to lead as they don't have enough vision or class.

Sadly, the banker has trusted in them. What a feckin mess !
Back to top Go down
MickyD

MickyD

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Yes indeed. They've been found out. That's why it's all got a bit tasty.

Do you have an opinion on the ownership/moderating 'arrangements' on Pasoti , Micky ?

Some of us believe it is this oligarchic situation that has led to abuses of power and ultimately corruption.
I'm not ducking the issue but I have no concrete facts at my disposal about the ownership of Pasoti and to be honest I just don't care that much either. As many others have pointed out, these two sites are, when all's said and done, just a couple of backwater fan sites for a crap football team that now sits bottom of the Football League.

As for the moderating "arrangements": again I can't really say that I care over much - not least because, sadly, I'm finding it harder to care over much about Argyle themselves these days - and from personal experience of having run a bulletin board for my own business for many years (and as I remember I posted once on Pasoti) I know what a thankless task it can be, whether it be on Pasoti, on here, or pretty much anywhere else. You just can't win, because there will always be a vocal few who will look for negativity in any situation. You delete something you know to be nonsense and there are howls of indignation; you leave it there and say nothing and everybody thinks it must be true; you leave it there and stick your head above the parapet to explain the truth and you get fired at from every direction. It's a very lonely and vulnerable feeling, believe me - and I was the only moderator! No mod room discussions for me.

That being said, and going back to my original post here, it appears that some pretty bad things have happened, which may or may not actually be related directly to one or more current Pasoti mods - again I have no firm evidence either way, so I'm not going to throw stones. I do think the allegations need to be addressed, though; but as I posted not long ago on the Pasoti thread that keeps on changing (and I think my post is still there!) I can't help but wonder if some of the alleged goings-on might be of a criminal nature (I'm no lawyer) - and who's going to fess up to that if they don't have to? A lot of the alleged deeds certainly aren't criminal, though: just "not nice" in various degrees, and potentially damaging to reputations. I can well understand why some on ATD have continued to press the more serious points, but ATD is not the Police or the Crown Prosecution Service, and if you want my honest opinion I think it extremely unlikely that there will be many, or maybe any, more "confessions". It seems that poor old Posty is in a very difficult position.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:24 pm

So 'it's only the Internet' then?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:21 am

I think you are ducking the issue.

A small group of self promoting control freaks have an unhealthy control over opinion on Argyle's oldest and largest forum and have done so for 10 yrs at least.
That in itself has led to all the bitterness and has in my opinion contributed to the demise of the club. Firstly, through unwavering support for Stapes and secondly through the 'Brent is Best' campaign.
Throughout all of this ,the central characters for thought control have been cosying up to owners and now protect the property developer from criticism, in return for silly hats n titles.
This really could ony be allowed to happen at Argyle.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:01 pm

The new thread title for the famous thread is a fine example of brushing it under the carpet and move along nothing to see.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still, we can keep on asking whether Webb used Greenman and all of the other questions as much as we like on here and nothing gets edited, moved or deleted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:26 pm

or you can simply go ask him on twitter
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:21 am

Morning folks, the ball is rolling :sent emails off this friday to dunn at the sun and perry at the telegraph. let the fun begin...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 am

Mapperley, darling wrote:
Morning folks, the ball is rolling :sent emails off this friday to dunn at the sun and perry at the telegraph. let the fun begin...

Good man. At least you can't be accused of doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:30 am

help for heroes should NEVER exist, its a national DISGRACE that it does !

the government should provide.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:23 am

Tringreen wrote:
Mapperley, darling wrote:

Good man. At least you can't be accused of doing nothing.

i can be accused of lots of things, and im sure i will be, but i can handle it!

one thing is for sure, the likes of the dynamic duo wont see that it was them that have been instrumental in the demise of pafc, blame will be laid anywhere else but home (park).

ithankoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's Chip Paper   Today's Chip Paper - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Today's Chip Paper
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next