Jon L
Freathy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Forza Stasi - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:05 am

for those that attend the next home game just hope the torpoint ferry breaks down & the drummer stays in torpoint!

what a complete joke the club is , 3 years ago competing with the likes of leicester middlesbrough & derby. now we got a drummer whos favourite manager is the person incharge of the worse side in the clubs professional history (start of last season excluded as we were an amateur side then i.e no wages paid) and doesnt like any disesnt.

who the hell does he think he is ? maybe hes after 'position' in later years.

the 'grateful to have a club' attitude is like a virus and is till spreading, whats the cure???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:38 am

These sorts have always existed in all walks of life, and certainly at Home Park. But they knew their place in the scheme of things knowing the reaction from most in the city has long been a good dose of mirth.... they are part of the reason why the majority of this city doesn't take it's football team seriously.

These days, everyone has learned to put their biggest foot forward, no matter how it looks. Sadly, defending the indefensible has become an acceptable form of communication.... a technique. I blame politicians of all hues and business culture. We have a culture where decibels and a straight eye mean more than logic, where outright lies are allowed to stand. It happens in many countries at certain times.

Where Argyle are concerned, stay away, it's the loudest thing you can do. Find something else to follow or do, most have, and still more will. In the end success and failure is determined by the product, and our money is king. If people want to eat junk food, watch junk football, that's their look out. You can't save people from themselves... they won't thank you for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:49 am

hairy j wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Maybe some of the language referring to extremist regimes (at both ends of the political spectrum) is a bit over the top. But don't let's forget that we've had at least two long term volunteers removed for things they've said (aka thought crimes) and concerted attempts to silence dissent, both on the internet and now at the ground.

Hmm, let me think ... where do things like that happen?

Is the answer "when you're in the queue at Subway"?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Exeter fans call our ground Gnome Park... hang on, this might be why.

Hairy, I am liking your work Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 am

We're all grateful to have a club - that's not the point. It's a question of how long people are prepared to accept continuing mediocrity with the excuse that we're not long out of Administration.

The fact is, Port Vale are currently in Administration. They don't seem to be doing too badly, do they?

We have, in Brent's words, 'a competitive budget at this level'. The general consensus is that it's a wage budget thats £1 million per year higher than Exeters. But any level of budget is only as good as the way it's spent, and that's one of Fletcher's failings, but also one of Brent's. Brent should have done as previous chaimen have, and told Fletcher what the maximum squad size was that he would accept. It would then have been down to Fletch to sign players to provide the quality across the squad that would have made the team competitive. A maximum squad size of 24 would have seen us able to offer higher wages to better players, but fewer of them.

Then there's the team itself. Tinkering doesn't even come close to it. One of the common denominators of successful sides is that they're settled. Luggy Mark 1? We can probably all name the team now; injuries notwithstanding, it was pretty much the same week in, week out. Larrieu, Worrell, Hodges, Coughlan, Wotton, Capaldi, Friio, Adams, Phillips, Keith, Evans.

Has Fletcher actually played the same eleven in two consecutive games this season?

I don't even need to dissect the inexperience in the club. Inexperienced Chairman; inexperienced (acting) CEO; inexperienced Manager; inexperienced Assistant manager; inexperienced Head coach. We desperately need someone - anyone - with football experience to come into at least a couple of those postions and grab the club by the scruff of the neck. You can carry an inexperienced Chairman if the CEO has football knowledge. An inexperienced Manager can learn his trade quickly if he has an experienced Assistant and Head Coach. We're currently deficient in all areas, and that's a huge problem. A John Carver or a John Blackley type on the coaching staff would make a world of difference - and Fletch would be a better manager for that sort of presence on the staff.

The club is failing because no-one in the key positions has the know-how to take club forward successfully. For now, a change has to be made. Fletcher's position is untenable, but the Chairman must share a large proportion of the responsibility for the state of the club. One of his first announcements on buying the club was that a firm of Headhunters had been engaged to identify and recruit a new CEO. 12 months on, we're still waiting.

If (and it's a big 'If') Fletcher is replaced, it has to be with a proven, experienced, lower-league Manager. But that will cost money. The next question is, will Brent spend the money necessary to employ someone who will make a difference at the club, or will he stick with another manager as inexperienced in the management side of things? Is Brent only comfortable with having a manager who's as much of a rookie as he is? Brent doesn't strike me as a man who would appreciate a Warnock type telling him where he's going wrong...
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 am

Even middle of the road Pasoti types are now understanding the reality of what some of us have been saying for years.

The club has become a huge, self promoting Avivafest. No class. No vision. No hope.

Get these bucket rattling clowns out now and if the club is to be run by the fans, let a democratically elected trust do it.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Even middle of the road Pasoti types are now understanding the reality of what some of us have been saying for years.

The club has become a huge, self promoting Avivafest. No class. No vision. No hope.

Get these bucket rattling clowns out now and if the club is to be run by the fans, let a democratically elected trust do it.

Completely agree, All we got are tosser, sheep and yes men
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Where does this impression of Brent the succesful businessman come from ? Maybe the saame place as "Brent the philanthropist". What form does he have that he can turn a football club around ?

All I can find is the disaster at Citigroup, where he was reported to be learning his trade, and recent buying up of what could be loosely described as "bankrupt or ancient stock" in the hotel industry . Where is the Bransonesque go-getter ?...If I'm wrong can someone please tell me where ?.

Gardner was no better. After making a right pile from being at the executive dinning table for the open goal pivatisation of public utilities just before the IT revolution. Business after business where he was involved has gone to the dogs, and he couldn't even protect the biggest football cub in the world from being bought with it's own money !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Who the feck does drum boy think he is trying to drown out Fletcher out chants because it's his favourite manager.

He's as good at football management as you are at banging a drum in time so sit down, shut up and shove that feckin drum up your arse.

So how about when the Forza dicks sing pro fletcher songs i'll start blasting a big arse air horn and a drum to drown you out? Oh no that isn't allowed is it because it's against the club which is the whole reason this silly little group were formed, to drown out the disent they knew would come.

This is why I don't go to Home Park anymore, it's all about ego's and dick measuring and not about football.

We're shit, we're going down with Fletcher in charge yet nobody can speak out against our shit manager because he's Charlie's favourite manager

FECK OFF.
brilliant post yea man, i'm the same i will never go while clueless is manager and its now got to the stage were i will not go while the Banker/speculator runs the club, after forty years of living in hope i now know there is none, the happy clappy fvckwits and superfan twatfest dwellers have the club they deserve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Come Nool told me, pa rum pum pum pum 
Argyle's King to see, pa rum pum pum pum 
Our finest flags we bring, pa rum pum pum pum 
To lay before my King, pa rum pum pum pum, 
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

When dissent I hear, pa rum pum pum pum, 

A piss poor football team, pa rum pum pum pum 
A brainwashed fan I am , pa rum pum pum pum 
There is no hope to sing, pa rum pum pum pum 
For Fletch is for'er my King, pa rum pum pum pum, 

Shall I play for you (up front in a 4-4-2 formation) , pa rum pum pum pum, 
On my drum? 

Webb he nodded, pa rum pum pum pum 
All the sheep kept time, pa rum pum pum pum 
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum 
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum, 

Then Brent smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum 
Me and my drum. 
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Bert Large wrote:

On my drum? 

Me and my drum. 

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
We're all grateful to have a club - that's not the point. It's a question of how long people are prepared to accept continuing mediocrity with the excuse that we're not long out of Administration.

The fact is, Port Vale are currently in Administration. They don't seem to be doing too badly, do they?

We have, in Brent's words, 'a competitive budget at this level'. The general consensus is that it's a wage budget thats £1 million per year higher than Exeters. But any level of budget is only as good as the way it's spent, and that's one of Fletcher's failings, but also one of Brent's. Brent should have done as previous chaimen have, and told Fletcher what the maximum squad size was that he would accept. It would then have been down to Fletch to sign players to provide the quality across the squad that would have made the team competitive. A maximum squad size of 24 would have seen us able to offer higher wages to better players, but fewer of them.

Then there's the team itself. Tinkering doesn't even come close to it. One of the common denominators of successful sides is that they're settled. Luggy Mark 1? We can probably all name the team now; injuries notwithstanding, it was pretty much the same week in, week out. Larrieu, Worrell, Hodges, Coughlan, Wotton, Capaldi, Friio, Adams, Phillips, Keith, Evans.

Has Fletcher actually played the same eleven in two consecutive games this season?

I don't even need to dissect the inexperience in the club. Inexperienced Chairman; inexperienced (acting) CEO; inexperienced Manager; inexperienced Assistant manager; inexperienced Head coach. We desperately need someone - anyone - with football experience to come into at least a couple of those postions and grab the club by the scruff of the neck. You can carry an inexperienced Chairman if the CEO has football knowledge. An inexperienced Manager can learn his trade quickly if he has an experienced Assistant and Head Coach. We're currently deficient in all areas, and that's a huge problem. A John Carver or a John Blackley type on the coaching staff would make a world of difference - and Fletch would be a better manager for that sort of presence on the staff.

The club is failing because no-one in the key positions has the know-how to take club forward successfully. For now, a change has to be made. Fletcher's position is untenable, but the Chairman must share a large proportion of the responsibility for the state of the club. One of his first announcements on buying the club was that a firm of Headhunters had been engaged to identify and recruit a new CEO. 12 months on, we're still waiting.

If (and it's a big 'If') Fletcher is replaced, it has to be with a proven, experienced, lower-league Manager. But that will cost money. The next question is, will Brent spend the money necessary to employ someone who will make a difference at the club, or will he stick with another manager as inexperienced in the management side of things? Is Brent only comfortable with having a manager who's as much of a rookie as he is? Brent doesn't strike me as a man who would appreciate a Warnock type telling him where he's going wrong...

Andy, I am not sure your playing budget is actually higher than ours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 pm

The Red Star wrote:

I'm sure your right RS. IIRC the big budget thing initially came from Brent talking to Cerbera a pre-season friendly. This is the same Brent who says he gets plenty of letters asking for Fletcher's contract to be extended.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Bert Large wrote:

On my drum? 

Me and my drum. 

lol! I try not to get involved in the personalities side of things but i must say that is bleddy funny. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Bert Large wrote:

On my drum? 

Me and my drum. 

lol! I try not to get involved in the personalities side of things but i must say that is bleddy funny. lol!

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Bizarre............ just like Home Park these days. Soon be Christmas................

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

I'm only going by what Brent has said, and what I know about the budgets at Sid James Park this season. Brent's words put us at about £1.8-2 million. I'm lead to believe that you Greasy'uns have a budget in the £800-900k region. Happy to be corrected and given up to date figures. It would make for an interesting comparison.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:03 pm

PAFC
Run like pasoti
By those that run pasoti
For those that own pasoti
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Chelsea fans have a "ONLY ONE DI MATTEO" banner in the stand.

No sign of a fire safety certificate.

They ought to be taken outside and shot.

Edit: Those Chelsea fans are taking the piss - Pro Di Matteo and Rafa Out banners everywhere.

(No sign of twatty stewards or Forza Nerd types trying to take them off them either...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Chelsea fans have a "ONLY ONE DI MATTEO" banner in the stand.

No sign of a fire safety certificate.

They ought to be taken outside and shot.

I'm willing to wager them fake fans of FV (not alll just the committee) will make a banner like that for fletcher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Esmer will be there banging a feckin great drum to the tune of we love Fletch, I despair.
Back to top Go down
hmdr

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:35 pm

The problem how I see it is that we are a one man club, Brent does what Brent wants, he seems to be enjoying the Harry Potter game, at present he holds all the aces like as been said before like Dan the man, but at least McCauley put his money where his mouth was, all Brent is doing is relying on the charity from the GT's and using the interest on his £1.6 million gift from the council to put into the club on its so called losses because of the fictitious budget based on the 8k attendance, i bet there is more in that than meets the eye.

Brent has made sure the club is worthless with no assets except the playing staff £250k top whack.

Once all of the development at the club is done and Brent has made more £millions out of the club he will be on his bike, he has a free hand I can't seen any light at the end of the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:19 pm

hmdr wrote:
The problem how I see it is that we are a one man club, Brent does what Brent wants, he seems to be enjoying the Harry Potter game, at present he holds all the aces like as been said before like Dan the man, but at least McCauley put his money where his mouth was, all Brent is doing is relying on the charity from the GT's and using the interest on his £1.6 million gift from the council to put into the club on its so called losses because of the fictitious budget based on the 8k attendance, i bet there is more in that than meets the eye.

Brent has made sure the club is worthless with no assets except the playing staff £250k top whack.

Once all of the development at the club is done and Brent has made more £millions out of the club he will be on his bike, he has a free hand I can't seen any light at the end of the tunnel.

Of course, it would benefit him if the club was to get on a roll and move back up the leagues , with the resultant increased revenue streams. He could then sell and move on.
Because he has put his faith in bucket rattling, flag wavingly devious dimwits, that is unlikely to happen.
Hey ho........... he can still complete his business then hand over the most village, city club in the land to Nikk and the Windsor Boys. Div 2 strugglers or Blue Square, he won't care.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Shirley the Twitteratti realise that a seat in a Blue Square director's box is worth feck all, unless something else is on offer.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:06 pm

seadog wrote:
Shirley the Twitteratti realise that a seat in a Blue Square director's box is worth feck all, unless something else is on offer.

It all depends on just how desperately small minded you are, I suppose.

The classic big fish in a small pond syndrome. Bucket rattling a speciality.

Look 'ow many we took to Ebbsfleet ! Geddon janners............ No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Well - thank the Lord there is an experienced fireman on the playing staff who could deal with self-combusting banners.

Phew - what a scorcher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza Stasi   Forza Stasi - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forza Stasi
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next