Mock Cuncher
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:48 am

In my Block 3, Row R days, pre-my use of the internet, I would either have loved this 'ultra' stuff and really gotten into it, or I'd have been deeply resentful of some knob with a microphone stood up in front of me telling me sing when we are 2-0 down at home to Crewe.

Not sure which.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
seadog
Admin

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:45 am

At the risk of sounding boring, at the Sydney match, t'other night they had just that.

He kept the area behind the goal, Sydney Cove, singing like fook.

They lost as well but the singing was good, I left hoarse and thirsty.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:32 am

The best way to improve the atmosphere would be to stop playing shit and win more matches.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:29 am

seadog wrote:
At the risk of sounding boring, at the Sydney match, t'other night they had just that.

He kept the area behind the goal, Sydney Cove, singing like fook.

They lost as well but the singing was good, I left hoarse and thirsty.

The company you keep on shore leave is your own business but I do hope they found their way back to ship after you abandoned them.

jocolor
Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:12 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The best way to improve the atmosphere would be to stop playing shit and win more matches.

Nail on head!
Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:01 pm

I agree with the idea wholeheartedly, more so because its not going to happen where I sit and it will make the overall atmosphere better but by God its a shit name.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:48 pm

I wonder if they'll have a disciplinary procedure for the naughty ones, resulting in the confiscation of their green and black scarves.
It could all result in how to make an embarrasing flop out of what might have been a good idea that has been hanging around for a very long time now.

And yes, I'm almost certain it was Len Jackman who tried the megaphone thing back in the 70s. He was a local enetertainer who played the new keyboards of the day with their drum machines and beat loops He used to get all the old dears singing along at place like the Glenholt I think He soon gave up at Argyle under a hail of more than just criticism, he certainly wasn't cool.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Found this on Len-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:46 pm

I think the entire thing is just too contrived to work. A good idea in principle, I can just see it being clumsily handled and looking a bit shit, which would be a shame.

Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:41 pm

They should create "medals" 10 away trips, loudest singer etc, effectively creating a rank structure within the avi.....cough, ultras.
I look forward to this with amusement!!
jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:21 pm

I'm just wondering whether some of the impetus here is for young kids ... well, 7 to 12 year olds. It sort of sounds like the sort of thing that schools get involved with, making paper things in their art classes... where QT and life memories with the parents and a burger are more important than the football.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Very soon the Forza Verde merchandise will be in the club shop and it will be advertised on pasoti just like the kit and Argyle World. Could this have been a Ridsdale/ Brent idea to increase merchandising?
Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Very soon the Forza Verde merchandise will be in the club shop and it will be advertised on pasoti just like the kit and Argyle World. Could this have been a Ridsdale/ Brent idea to increase merchandising?

jesus wept.

not aimed at you chem just the fact merchandise is being sold with forza verde on lmao. Really going to sell well isnt it lol
Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:50 am

It can't do any harm, might improve the singing and could be a laugh too.

What is the correct Plymuff pronunciation of Forza Verdes?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:38 am

seadog wrote:

For the birds?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:11 am

Whilst appreciating the no-one will be forced to join in/stand/sing line about the Ultras what happens to those whose season ticket is in the middle of or near enough to be irritating to the drum/megaphones/giant flags.

Will they be asked to move against their will (watch out for the arguement that if you support the club and you want the atmosphere to be improved you will/should willingly do so)

Being of the belief that the President doesn't ask anything without already knowing the answer (or at least what he wants the answer to be - a la Wrathall return) which blocks seats will be affected and how will the club deal with those in the vicinity who don't want to be involved.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Dougie wrote:
Whilst appreciating the no-one will be forced to join in/stand/sing line about the Ultras what happens to those whose season ticket is in the middle of or near enough to be irritating to the drum/megaphones/giant flags.

Will they be asked to move against their will (watch out for the arguement that if you support the club and you want the atmosphere to be improved you will/should willingly do so)

Being of the belief that the President doesn't ask anything without already knowing the answer (or at least what he wants the answer to be - a la Wrathall return) which blocks seats will be affected and how will the club deal with those in the vicinity who don't want to be involved.

It's blocks 3 and 4. My seat's in there. None of the ST holders have been consulted or even informed, other than the announcement on pasoti.

I'm kind of looking forward to the reaction from the first spotty yoof who tells me to sing, stand up, or do anything else I don't feel like doing.
Back to top Go down
mandela

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:05 pm

It will be interesting to see how the Forza Verde works- hope it is successful. Bit worried that Verde sounds like the French word "Merde" so to some the name sounds like "Green Sh1t" which was a good description of the team until last week.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:30 pm

mandela wrote:
It will be interesting to see how the Forza Verde works- hope it is successful. Bit worried that Verde sounds like the French word "Merde" so to some the name sounds like "Green Sh1t" which was a good description of the team until last week.

Laughing

Welcome Mandela.Are you of the Nelson or Winnie variety?

Q.Whats black and sits on Nelson's column?

A. Winnie Mandela!
Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:49 pm

seadog wrote:

fozzza birds
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Peggy wrote:
Dougie wrote:

It's blocks 3 and 4. My seat's in there. None of the ST holders have been consulted or even informed, other than the announcement on pasoti.

I'm kind of looking forward to the reaction from the first spotty yoof who tells me to sing, stand up, or do anything else I don't feel like doing.

Thinking that the first outing of the Ultras is imminent (and some kind of announcement promised this morning, though not yet forthcoming), have you recieved any kind of communication from the club about the area being taken over by flag waving scarf wearing stand up and downing chorus sheet singing yoofs
Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:07 pm

Not yet, no. But then it's only Tuesday (I think).

And the president himself has suggested that I'm just being petty.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:16 pm

I've made sure I'm in block 7, just for my own sanity!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forza Verdes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verdes   Forza Verdes Empty

Back to top Go down

Forza Verdes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next