Elias
Coxside_Green
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:56 am

Renegade wrote:
Ahhh Tony Campbell another Pasoti darling who turned out to be too good too be true.

Don't say anything bad about Tony.... You know who will turn up in disguise on here to defend him again.

I'm surprised his biggest fan hasn't had an auction for Mr. Campbell. He was an employee as well wasn't he? After all, he did lose a lot of money when his 'friend' and others turned the dogs loose.

And to think, only a few months before, TC and Newell had promised to fly to Japan together if Kagami didn't come up with the money. Yeah.... What happened to that?

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:24 am

[quote="Damon.Lenszner"]
oddball wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
If I remember rightly the "Contingency Plan Folk" ie Webb, Newell and Co were hoping Peter Jones would take on the mantle once their man got handed the keys to HP.

I know Michael Dunford still resides in the area and has vast experience in the role, however surprisingly I dont expect our competitive budget will stretch to pay a salary for a Chief Exec.

I find this support for Michael Dunford amusing. Wasn't he a part of the problem which led us to where we are today?

I know he wasn't around after Todd took over but the damage had already been done?
Coxside...I'd be interested to hear your take on that.From what I have heard things started to go wrong AFTER Michael Dunford left.[/quote

For the record, kagami and synon replaed michael with tony campbell. Todd replaced Tony with himself.

Our current Acting CEO is Martin Baker, FD of other parts of the JB empire. Our lack of a football professional in the CEO role since Michael's departure is IMHO asignificant factor in our demise.

Would you say Martin is doing a good job?

Edit to add, silly question. I wont ever get an answer.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:32 am

[quote="Damon.Lenszner"]
oddball wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
If I remember rightly the "Contingency Plan Folk" ie Webb, Newell and Co were hoping Peter Jones would take on the mantle once their man got handed the keys to HP.

I know Michael Dunford still resides in the area and has vast experience in the role, however surprisingly I dont expect our competitive budget will stretch to pay a salary for a Chief Exec.

I find this support for Michael Dunford amusing. Wasn't he a part of the problem which led us to where we are today?

I know he wasn't around after Todd took over but the damage had already been done?
Coxside...I'd be interested to hear your take on that.From what I have heard things started to go wrong AFTER Michael Dunford left.[/quote

For the record, kagami and synon replaed michael with tony campbell. Todd replaced Tony with himself.

Our current Acting CEO is Martin Baker, FD of other parts of the JB empire. Our lack of a football professional in the CEO role since Michael's departure is IMHO asignificant factor in our demise.

Maybe the Windsor Boys are there to advise Martin Baker, as they have demonstrated such unbiased understanding and vision concerning the club in the past ? Laughing

Well it's a cost cutting exercise if nothing else Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:11 am

[quote="Coxside_Green"][quote="Damon.Lenszner"]
oddball wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I only know Martin by reputation and reports of other's dealings with him. He is a tough negotiator, fiercly loyal and a great numbers man, so for Argyle the business I am certain he is doing a great job. But it is my personal belief that a football club needs an experienced football professional in that role. Martin is not that - in pure football terms we have a rookie chairman, a rookie CEO, a rookie Manager and Assistant Manager. At least one of those roles needs to be filled by someone who is experienced in their job.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:37 am

[quote="Damon.Lenszner"][quote="Coxside_Green"]
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
oddball wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I only know Martin by reputation and reports of other's dealings with him. He is a tough negotiator, fiercly loyal and a great numbers man, so for Argyle the business I am certain he is doing a great job. But it is my personal belief that a football club needs an experienced football professional in that role. Martin is not that - in pure football terms we have a rookie chairman, a rookie CEO, a rookie Manager and Assistant Manager. At least one of those roles needs to be filled by someone who is experienced in their job.

As I said, it looks like they are being advised by the Windsor Boys. Either that , or the football club really is irrelevant and Brent thinks enough Avivas will turn up no matter how pathetic the product, while he gets on with his real business interests.

What is Peter Jones doing ffs ? Has the cat got his tongue ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:01 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Who the feck am I talking about? A man who's captained his country, played in an FA Cup final and played in the Premiership, that's who.

If you're seriously trying to argue that Carl Fletcher has less football experience than some of the crazy gang on here, please tell me which posters they are. And then go for a long lay down in a darkened room.

Playing achievements mean fack all when it comes to how good a manager you are so don't waste your time typing crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 am

Saltash green wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Who the feck am I talking about? A man who's captained his country, played in an FA Cup final and played in the Premiership, that's who.

If you're seriously trying to argue that Carl Fletcher has less football experience than some of the crazy gang on here, please tell me which posters they are. And then go for a long lay down in a darkened room.

Playing achievements mean fack all when it comes to how good a manager you are so don't waste your time typing crap.

SG is right. Some players turn into great managers, most do not. Whilst having played the game will help, football management is about organisation, leadership, motivation, communication, respect, coaching, negotiation and not just kicking a ball. Fletcher is so far out of his depth even Ben Ainslie couldn't save him now.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:01 am

Yet another amazingly hypocritical statement from the undisputed king of keyboard crimes, feebly trying to defend the club's chav of a president, who verbally abuses a 16 year old who has no right of reply.
About par for the course for Brent Sahib's bully boys.

IJN
Post subject: Re: Mentor for JBPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:50 am

Ottawa Green wrote:
Quote:
Who is advising James Brent as to the effectiveness of the football clubs management team?

Quote:
Mr President
Cobi Budge.

Not very funny Mr. President, Max asked a genuine question and you as a representative of Plymouth Argyle come back with a reply like that. I would hope that you would issue a apology to Mr. Budge.

Pot, kettle and black?

From the author of one of THE worst posts I've ever witnessed.

Yet another keyboard coward!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:12 am

That really is pathetic, both of them
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Indeed, that’s the nub of the problem for me. James Brent appears to be a very shrewd businessman, Carl Fletcher is certainly no mug as a footballer and Romain was a good keeper and loyal servant to the club.........BUT none of this is a replacement for experience, one or more of these roles need to be filled by people with experience, if not, you’re going to experience a very bumpy ride of which I fear we have only just started on.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:40 pm

fridgey wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Indeed, that’s the nub of the problem for me. James Brent appears to be a very shrewd businessman, Carl Fletcher is certainly no mug as a footballer and Romain was a good keeper and loyal servant to the club.........BUT none of this is a replacement for experience, one or more of these roles need to be filled by people with experience, if not, you’re going to experience a very bumpy ride of which I fear we have only just started on.

It's alright. Brent listens to Where's Webby I heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Brent must be listening to the President as the Mentor offered to him by the Football League whose name escapes El Puppet but who happens to be a senior official at the FA and has involvement at Arsenal is only utilised "as and when needed" apparently.

FFS you couldnt make it up could you!

Its frightening especially when you see see the make up of the Directors Box of late.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
Brent must be listening to the President as the Mentor offered to him by the Football League whose name escapes El Puppet but who happens to be a senior official at the FA and has involvement at Arsenal is only utilised "as and when needed" apparently.

Its frightening especially when you see see the make up of the Directors Box of late.

Would it be David Dein?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Would it be David Dein?

If it is him then James Brent is an absolute fool not to have him on board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Would it be David Dein?

Thats who crossed my mind Chemical but I dont think he is involved at The Arsenal any longer. I think he is still an exec member of The FA he was certainly heavily involved with the World Cup bid.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:

So?

Bobby Moore captained his Country & won the World Cup

Brian Robson captained his Country as did Gary Lineker, Tony Adams, Maradonna, etc etc.

Jose Mourinho started off as Bobby Robson's interpreter.

Who became the best Manager
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Sir Alf Ramsey.......

I still find it pathetic that anyone believes that Brent is influenced on football matters by Webb or Newell. You'll be telling me next that Mr Blobby taught Mohammed Ali to box.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Define "football matters".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:37 pm

If you don't know what football matters are then why are you posting on a football website?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Don't jump to stupid conclusions.

I merely asked you to elaborate on your statement.

Why, can't you do it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Now who is being pedantic? Long winded posts are frowned upon in my case Rickler and dismissed as boring and you know perfectly well what football matters are. If you listen to the disaffected then Webb and Newell sit in the Director's Box and Boardroom and give chapter and verse on everything related to Argyle. This includes players being great, the fans being 100% behind the owner, Fletcher's prowess as a Manager, The tea Lady and how many flags to buy. The fact that anyone believes this in the first place is ludicrous and the fact anyone even believes Brent might listen if it were to be outlandishly true is even more so. Is that explanation ok?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Sir Alf Ramsey.......

I still find it pathetic that anyone believes that Brent is influenced on football matters by Webb or Newell. You'll be telling me next that Mr Blobby taught Mohammed Ali to box.

You've shattered an illusion sensible........you mean Ali didn't learn to shuffle from Mr Blobby.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Now who is being pedantic? Long winded posts are frowned upon in my case Rickler and dismissed as boring and you know perfectly well what football matters are. If you listen to the disaffected then Webb and Newell sit in the Director's Box and Boardroom and give chapter and verse on everything related to Argyle. This includes players being great, the fans being 100% behind the owner, Fletcher's prowess as a Manager, The tea Lady and how many flags to buy. The fact that anyone believes this in the first place is ludicrous and the fact anyone even believes Brent might listen if it were to be outlandishly true is even more so. Is that explanation ok?

Not really... You aren't clear as to whether what you have discussed are "football matters" or not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Only on ATD ZYPH.

"Everything related to Argyle" that's the football club not the Scottish region Rickler. Sums it up for me in a short sentence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Only on ATD ZYPH.

"Everything related to Argyle" that's the football club not the Scottish region Rickler. Sums it up for me in a short sentence.

Sensible do you believe its prudent of Brent to have such a close relationship with Webb and Newell?

Do you think it is right that Newell should be regularly allowed to reside in the Directors Box at home fixtures?

Dont you believe it is odd that our Club President doesnt even know the name of the Mentor the Football League assigned to JB upon his takeover of our Club?

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent, get a grip ffs
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next