Mock Cuncher
Pete1886
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete1886

Pete1886

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Matt Slater has just put up on twitter that talks have started with Brent. But Heaney is still saying he can complete
Back to top Go down

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Matt Slater has just put up on twitter that talks have started with Brent. But Heaney is still saying he can complete

That will buy us some time. As long as Brent is talking then Guilfoyle won't wind the club up.
Back to top Go down

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Deleted my post pete.

P and A will probably have the cheek to ask him for some immediate money to get them out of a hole.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Time for Billy Big Balls Brent to step up and become the man vilified for not paying the staff...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Time for Billy Big Balls Brent to step up and become the man vilified for not paying the staff...

Yup and even if Brent does get the shout I can see even more questions on the horizon.
Back to top Go down

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Here's a twist from Matt Slater!.......

"Didn't say Guilfoyle was talking 2 Brent! Not today anyway. Situation is dire but there's viable option on table. Needs compromises"

So if Brent is in London for talks, who is he talking with? Masterpoint? Lombard?

Also conflicts with what Naps told me, something aint smelling right!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Twitter has been the best way of following this mess. It is concise, it cuts the waffle out, and is utterly pointless.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:38 pm

The log jamb has always been the football creditors, and especially so with a pre pack style that wants to give preference to the previous owners.

Maybe, Ridsdale or P and A, think the best way to unlock the PFA bottom line, and hence the Football league agreement, is to get Brent in and tell the football creditors what he is prepared to pay. Hence possibly a crafty way to negate the back stop situation that might be holding up Heaney.
Back to top Go down

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:54 pm

I reada a post from Peter on pasoti that suggest that Gulfoyle has been placed on gardening leave, it makes sense if Brent has been having talk with a different member of the administration.
Back to top Go down

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:41 pm

GOB wrote:
I reada a post from Peter on pasoti that suggest that Gulfoyle has been placed on gardening leave, it makes sense if Brent has been having talk with a different member of the administration.

For the record, I'm not privy to any specific information but this was something that someone said to me today which seemed to add up. I would surprised if he played any further part in negotiations.

Therefore I posted it in rumours. Brent is speaking to someone and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. But it's a long tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:09 pm

peter_dout wrote:
For the record, I'm not privy to any specific information but this was something that someone said to me today which seemed to add up. I would surprised if he played any further part in negotiations.

Well, who the 'someone' is, and how he knows, is everything isn't it?

Seems more like wishful thinking by some people than anything else, if you ask me ( which you aren't).

I find it hard to believe that P & A, of which BG is himself a 'partner' (if I am not mistaken) would sack the man who 'knows' most about the deal. If they have, (and I am not sure they can fire a partner) then I doubt they have very much intention of doing a deal with Brent.

We shall see very shortly it would seem.

edited to add: He is a partner [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Rickler wrote:
peter_dout wrote:

Well, who the 'someone' is, and how he knows, is everything isn't it?

Seems more like wishful thinking by some people than anything else, if you ask me ( which you aren't).

I find it hard to believe that P & A, of which BG is himself a 'partner' (if I am not mistaken) would sack the man who 'knows' most about the deal. If they have, (and I am not sure they can fire a partner) then I doubt they have very much intention of doing a deal with Brent.

We shall see very shortly it would seem.

No one directly involved with the trust or PASOTI is the answer to that

I didn't mention him being sacked. But at the end of the day he is accountable to his fellow partners.

I think if what he is doing is putting the partnerships 'rep on the line' as Matt Slater suggested then they obviously have to do something about it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:31 pm

I honestly don't think his or his company 'rep' is on the line. Once more I think that is wishful thinking from many people.

At the next bankers dinner, I am sure they will all be raising their glasses and sympathising about what a hopeless cause that 'Plymouth club' was anyway.

"Frightful, messy business... Remind me to make it up to you next time!"
Back to top Go down

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:06 am

Wishful thinking it maybe, but it also seems to be correct.

Guilfoyle is no longer involved and Brent has been having discussions, I assume in preparation to meet with P&A.

We may yet get through this by the skin of our teeth!
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:22 am

GOB wrote:
Wishful thinking it maybe, but it also seems to be correct.

Guilfoyle is no longer involved and Brent has been having discussions, I assume in preparation to meet with P&A.

We may yet get through this by the skin of our teeth!

Amen to that.

It could also explain why Ridsdale has b*ggered off to the States. He appointed Guilfoyle, they go back a long way. If Guilfoyle has been marginalised by his own company then Ridders loses his ally, his nipple tweeks won't work on the rest of P&A, he doesn't have any compromising photographs of them. Allegedly he's gone to seek other investment streams but it's far too late for a start-up investor now, he's gone to lie low I reckon.

Back to top Go down

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:15 am

It seems more-or-less now that Gulifoyle has been told to take his gardening leave and that the bidding process is back on the agenda.

I also gather that it is not so easy just to liquidate the club without further court appearances and a potential embarrassing situation for the P&A Partnership. This could turn out to be the saviour for the club by means of the P&A Partnership providing the time rather then face the courts and a potentially damaging enquiry into their behaviour during this fiasco.

Meanwhile, Ridsdale is working on Plan C in the States as he’s probably guessed that any new owner would not want him holding any cards and he’s frantically trying to line up a more favourable owner that will keep him employed.

We still have Postey’s ex-mate showing an interest so there could well be a few more surprises left in Santas sack.

Suddenly things are looking up and a power shift is taking place, control is being taken away from the bad guys.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:40 am

Which can only be a good thing. Try as I might I can't quite reach for the bunting yet though, the roller coaster is still running!.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:51 am

X Isle wrote:
Which can only be a good thing. Try as I might I can't quite reach for the bunting yet though, the roller coaster is still running!.

Trust in Stapes and enjoy the ride ! What a Face
Back to top Go down

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:12 am

X Isle wrote:

Nope, long, long way to go yet but at least we can see a little light now.

Fingers crossed, I can get my scarf and aviva hat out again soon! lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:15 am

Is that the same Posty who was accused single handedly ensuring the demise of Argo by even murmuring Paul Buttevant's name?

I think we should be told.
Back to top Go down

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 am

seadog wrote:
Is that the same Posty who was accused single handedly ensuring the demise of Argo by even murmuring Paul Buttevant's name?

I think we should be told.

Yup, the one that suddenly changed his moral coding for a Moderator position! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent   Brent Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent
Page 1 of 1