Elias
Coxside_Green
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
but the bottom line is, a man with far more football knowledge and experience than any of you lot has taken these decisions,

It never ceases to amaze me how often this old chestnut is thrown out there, what on earth makes you think that 15 years of kicking a football around is a better basis for making management decisions than a lifetime's experience in taking such decisions, allied to a similarly long period of watching the game and, dare I say, quite likely a somewhat enhanced IQ ?

Football is not some mystical process, plenty of the people who post on here are quite capable of recognising a fouk up when they see one, if you want to make an argument for or against what your current management is doing then do that, don't just chuck up banal drivel like that, if your management was any good at all a club your size would not have been relegated nor would you have spent last season struggling away in the nether regions of the football league. Fletcher, Larry and Brent haven't shown their worth to be greater than a bucket of spit so far, happy days.

Exactly.
I have been 'switched off' from Argyle for several years now and I live far away, which helps. I wouldn't bother to take in a game unless it was on my doorstep and I had nothing better to do with my time and money.
You see, the club is now being run by the clueless, in every department. There is no football worth talking about.

The most important issues, which dictate 'the football experience' , are what I'm concerned with and have been for years. Until Brent makes some moderate investment, appoints a proven manager and the Chuckle Brothers are shown the door, the outlook is parochial and bleak. The present set up will inevitably result in dour football, poor results and dwindling attendances, no matter how they try to jazz it up.

There is absolutely nothing to encourage any but the terminally addicted through the gates of HP.
Talk football all you like but until the real issues are addressed the football will be grim and irrelevant to any thinking person.

For someone "switched off" from Argyle you don't half spend a lot of time talking about them ....

'Switched off' from attending. The inevitability of it all depresses me. Although even I didn't predict just how bad it would get and the present state of affairs at HP is truly sickening.
I also enjoy winding up the control freaks and their poodles, as it is their personal positioning and dirty dealing that has in part led to the club's demise. They're now even trying to run the show.
The lunatics are being allowed to run the asylum.

Mistakes have and continue to be made imo. I want to see the club successful

Last season was dire,nobody can disagree with that.. The last game that i went to was the Bristol Rovers home fixture last season. And i had serious reservations about attending this coming season,but as it draws closer,the Argyle bug is returning again after its Summer break.

I am not expecting Argyle to run away with League Two this campaign,but what i'd wish to see is an effort from the off.

The shite from last season have been re-signed and there is not a lot one can do about that,and with the latest additions added too,we have to grin and bear it.

Today (Vs Birmingham City) should be an interesting encounter. As long as Argyle look like they are making an effort,then that would satisfy me. Carl ''i thought the Boys done well in the circumstances'' will surely be playing as near to the starting line for the Pompey game against Birmingham today,and that has been disrupted by unwanted injuries.

All we can do its back the team,keep those fingers crossed and hope to God we are ok this season [which i believe we will be].

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:58 pm

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
but the bottom line is, a man with far more football knowledge and experience than any of you lot has taken these decisions,

It never ceases to amaze me how often this old chestnut is thrown out there, what on earth makes you think that 15 years of kicking a football around is a better basis for making management decisions than a lifetime's experience in taking such decisions, allied to a similarly long period of watching the game and, dare I say, quite likely a somewhat enhanced IQ ?

Football is not some mystical process, plenty of the people who post on here are quite capable of recognising a fouk up when they see one, if you want to make an argument for or against what your current management is doing then do that, don't just chuck up banal drivel like that, if your management was any good at all a club your size would not have been relegated nor would you have spent last season struggling away in the nether regions of the football league. Fletcher, Larry and Brent haven't shown their worth to be greater than a bucket of spit so far, happy days.

Exactly.
I have been 'switched off' from Argyle for several years now and I live far away, which helps. I wouldn't bother to take in a game unless it was on my doorstep and I had nothing better to do with my time and money.
You see, the club is now being run by the clueless, in every department. There is no football worth talking about.

The most important issues, which dictate 'the football experience' , are what I'm concerned with and have been for years. Until Brent makes some moderate investment, appoints a proven manager and the Chuckle Brothers are shown the door, the outlook is parochial and bleak. The present set up will inevitably result in dour football, poor results and dwindling attendances, no matter how they try to jazz it up.

There is absolutely nothing to encourage any but the terminally addicted through the gates of HP.
Talk football all you like but until the real issues are addressed the football will be grim and irrelevant to any thinking person.

For someone "switched off" from Argyle you don't half spend a lot of time talking about them ....

'Switched off' from attending. The inevitability of it all depresses me. Although even I didn't predict just how bad it would get and the present state of affairs at HP is truly sickening.
I also enjoy winding up the control freaks and their poodles, as it is their personal positioning and dirty dealing that has in part led to the club's demise. They're now even trying to run the show.
The lunatics are being allowed to run the asylum.

Mistakes have and continue to be made imo. I want to see the club successful

Yeah but Tringy if everyone took your stance there would be no Argyle . I assume you will return to watching Argyle when things improve which is fair enough . What isn't fair is you criticising those who attend and using all sorts of names and snide comments . FWIW I'm not entirely happy with the way things are right now and I know several others who aren't . Hopefully things will improve . I'll try and do my bit .

My beef is with the control freaks. We all know who they are. Those who try to silence all opposing views and impose their will by hook or by crook.
The self styled superfans who will go to any lengths for position .

'Doing your bit' , just like the bucket rattling, fund raising etc to speed up paying off Brent's debt is for me part of the problem but Brent loves it and will reward those who rattle the buckets loudest.

I very much doubt I'd support the pantomime at HP even if I lived in the city.That's how bad it has now become.

Brent is no fool but he may well have misjudged the mentality of the potential fanbase as a whole. We're not all stupid and prepared to jump through hoops like those he believes represent the fans. They only represent a few hundred blind faith Avivas.
It won't work.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:25 pm

GOB wrote:
All debate seems to have vanished on ATD now unless you include some sort of anti aviva protest using less than two sentences with an additional and very usual "fek off to somewhere else" comment.

I'll accept I degenerated last night although I don't recall telling anyone to fek off elsewhere. For that I'll apologise to anyone who had the displeasure of reading my nonsense replies. The "away with the fairies" comment was pretty nasty though.

Moving on.

I've put 37 years of finance and time into this club. There has been good times but many more bad times. Current times are about the worst I've experienced. Do I just give up? Never!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Weren't we meant to be on the look out for a new CEO? is quiet clear to me that we need one and with football experience
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Renegade wrote:
Weren't we meant to be on the look out for a new CEO? is quiet clear to me that we need one and with football experience

Good point. I don't know if anyone replaced Ridsdale or not. Maybe we can't afford a replacement. Are we paying Wheeler for his more important PASB role?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:09 pm

I don't think a CEO is going to save us from 5-0 thrashings or a league2 relegation fight.

What we do need is a combination of a manager with some sort of CV, and a chairman who will stop penny-pinching to the extent of begging for fans to stuff envelopes, and invest in quality on the Fu(king field!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:13 pm

If I remember rightly the "Contingency Plan Folk" ie Webb, Newell and Co were hoping Peter Jones would take on the mantle once their man got handed the keys to HP.

I know Michael Dunford still resides in the area and has vast experience in the role, however surprisingly I dont expect our competitive budget will stretch to pay a salary for a Chief Exec.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I don't think a CEO is going to save us from 5-0 thrashings or a league2 relegation fight.

What we do need is a combination of a manager with some sort of CV, and a chairman who will stop penny-pinching to the extent of begging for fans to stuff envelopes, and invest in quality on the Fu(king field!!!

A CEO might've got rid of Fletch at the end of last season. Too late now of course.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
If I remember rightly the "Contingency Plan Folk" ie Webb, Newell and Co were hoping Peter Jones would take on the mantle once their man got handed the keys to HP.

I know Michael Dunford still resides in the area and has vast experience in the role, however surprisingly I dont expect our competitive budget will stretch to pay a salary for a Chief Exec.

I find this support for Michael Dunford amusing. Wasn't he a part of the problem which led us to where we are today?

I know he wasn't around after Todd took over but the damage had already been done?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I find this support for Michael Dunford amusing. Wasn't he a part of the problem which led us to where we are today?

I know he wasn't around after Todd took over but the damage had already been done?

I was just making the point he has vast experience in football matters Coxside.
He did a pretty good job at Everton and Derby I believe before coming to us.

He was an employee of the club after all I dont believe he was making key decisions in the boardroom with ref to the Japs/Todd/Gardner etc..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:31 pm

Next week the grinning Ridsdale will return, pissing himself at the nice wedge he pocketed for feck all. Where too many people were afraid to tell it like it was and admit he was picking the best bits of the carcass for himself.

No no he single-handedly saved Argyle and worked tirelessly out of love of the club, by selling Mason to Cardiff for 50p as a favour for feckin them over for a couple of years, and lining the pocket of his friend Hart who did such a fantastic job of selling off our best players on the cheap, with no sell on clauses.

All this while being paraded around to the fans as a hero, and even Brent when he took control was too afraid to tell him to feck Off and bring in a real chairman and manager. That was the moment that Brent should have made Argyle his. His manager, his chairman, not the cheapo option he settled for, so that he could concentrate on his empire outside of football.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:36 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
The "away with the fairies" comment was pretty nasty though.
You're away with the fairies if you believe that.

No, seriouzzly.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:39 pm

This season has got disaster written all over it. The club is an utter shambles and totally lacking in direction.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I was just making the point he has vast experience in football matters Coxside.
He did a pretty good job at Everton and Derby I believe before coming to us.

He was an employee of the club after all I dont believe he was making key decisions in the boardroom with ref to the Japs/Todd/Gardner etc..

Obviously he had no say when it came to selling shares. My concern is he had a part in many of the player contracts which led us to where we are today. I'm not picking you out in particular, it's just I've heard his name mentioned so many times over the last year. If he never had any part of player contracts then fair enough, otherwise i wouldn't want him anywhere near our club again.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Next week the grinning Ridsdale will return, pissing himself at the nice wedge he pocketed for feck all. Where too many people were afraid to tell it like it was and admit he was picking the best bits of the carcass for himself.

No no he single-handedly saved Argyle and worked tirelessly out of love of the club, by selling Mason to Cardiff for 50p as a favour for feckin them over for a couple of years, and lining the pocket of his friend Hart who did such a fantastic job of selling off our best players on the cheap, with no sell on clauses.

All this while being paraded around to the fans as a hero, and even Brent when he took control was too afraid to tell him to feck Off and bring in a real chairman and manager. That was the moment that Brent should have made Argyle his. His manager, his chairman, not the cheapo option he settled for, so that he could concentrate on his empire outside of football.

We've had our disagreements about Ridsdale before. Everything was handed to him on a plate, for that I can't be angry with him.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

A CEO might've got rid of Fletch at the end of last season. Too late now of course.

Depends what level of power he would've been given Coxy.

In most proper clubs, a Director of Football is a position that holds sway within the Boardroom.

In our joke of a club, it is a position the the manager advises on!! Laugh out Loud!

Deehan, or equivalent, should have been appointed by a clued up board of directors. Instead, Fletch was asked..."who would you like to hold your hand", and deehan was appointed!

Now he's surplus to requirements. But on who's say so??

We really are a joke of a club.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Coxside...I'd be interested to hear your take on that.From what I have heard things started to go wrong AFTER Michael Dunford left.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:10 pm

oddball wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Coxside...I'd be interested to hear your take on that.From what I have heard things started to go wrong AFTER Michael Dunford left.

I already posted above.

Did MD have any role in player contracts whilst at the club?

We were already in the shit by the time Todd & Gardner arrived. They just done nothing to rectify our problems.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
The "away with the fairies" comment was pretty nasty though.
You're away with the fairies if you believe that.

No, seriouzzly.

We all have our boundaries. "away with the fairies" is touching on mental health, which I or members of my family may or may not have problems with. I know it's only an internet forum and shouldn't take things so seriously but I did. I quickly moved on in my earlier response today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
oddball wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I already posted above.

We were already in the shit by the time Todd & Gardner arrived. They just done nothing to rectify our problems.

He is and was a football administrator Coxy, I cant believe for one minute he was given carte blanche on size of salary for any players signed during his time as Chief Exec. He may well have had discussions with players agents but I am sure Stapleton and the directors at the time would have had the final say on contracts.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
oddball wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I already posted above.

He is and was a football administrator Coxy, I cant believe for one minute he was given carte blanche on size of salary for any players signed during his time as Chief Exec. He may well have had discussions with players agents but I am sure Stapleton and the directors at the time would have had the final say on contracts.

If that's the case then fair enough. When it comes to player contracts, there has been many variations of who are responsible for negotiations, MD has previously been named so I thought it's fair to ask.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:31 am

I admit that I was pissed the other night and went a tad OTT for which I apologise.

I'd still rather be a one trick pony than a no trick donkey. The club is full of them these days and the shameless personal positioning continues unabated.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the biggest Aviva of them all ?

Like kids let loose in a sweet shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:49 pm

A 3 legged Elephant might be a more apt description. I say elephant because they are renowned never to be able to forget anything.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:59 pm

[quote="oddball"]
Coxside_Green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Coxside...I'd be interested to hear your take on that.From what I have heard things started to go wrong AFTER Michael Dunford left.[/quote

For the record, kagami and synon replaed michael with tony campbell. Todd replaced Tony with himself.

Our current Acting CEO is Martin Baker, FD of other parts of the JB empire. Our lack of a football professional in the CEO role since Michael's departure is IMHO asignificant factor in our demise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:19 am

Ahhh Tony Campbell another Pasoti darling who turned out to be too good too be true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent, get a grip ffs
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next