Elias
Coxside_Green
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Only on ATD ZYPH.

"Everything related to Argyle" that's the football club not the Scottish region Rickler. Sums it up for me in a short sentence.

Thank you Sensi..

So flags and Pasties etc are included as "football matters". Just checking...

In that case... You are wrong. Newell and Webb certainly have the ear of Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:47 pm

What I may or may not think of Webb and Newell as people has nothing to do with my comments at all unlike you who take every opportunity to offer an opinion on the two. Fact is you seldom comment on "football matters" and usually reserve your contributions to something about the infamous two. I said "everything" and did not just name the catering and flags. You clearly think that those two run the club by default having their hand up Brent's ass and using him as a ventriloquist's dummy. My view is even if they do speak to him the chances of him taking any notice of them about about anything important or relevant is rediculous. At worst he uses them not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:53 am

Forza 1886 or whatever it is called was an idea thought up by Webb and taken to Brent. Brent endorsed it.

So that's your argument decimated regarding Webb.

Now Newell...
Expected to receive some honoury Director position soon (although I hear he has been telling people for months it is going to happen - and it hasn't..) along with Graham Clarke is the latest word on the web.

Normally, You don't get made a director unless someone feels you have something to contribute.

And even if Newell doesn't get made a director. You are basically calling him a liar as several times he has boasted about calling Brent and having a 'word' so to speak... Why would Newell consistently do that if he thought he was being ignored? Even he isn't stupid enough to make himself an irritant! Also, care to explain why Newell now seems to get to sit in the 'Directors Box' every week?

As for what I write about... I seem to get a better response from posters than you. At least I don't get called boring! Although I am suprised you know of what I write, as you promised to ignore my posts.
You must stop telling porkies...

Oh and Congratulations....

This must be the first time in months that you have made at least half a dozen posts without ranting about Tringy!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:52 am

IJN
Post subject: Re: Mentor for JBPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:10 am

Perhaps if you think of him as El Nou Presidente, it will help.

He IS very well thought of by JB and the Board, and that's great news for us fans, as he actually IS listened to.

Glad to see you write what you did, as I had you down for a Jealous Janner, which you're obviously not.

As you say, it just goes to show, everyone has to be careful about what they write.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:27 pm

A further quote from Newell today on Pasoti: 'we debate things with JB most weeks, and we don't always agree', on the Fans united V Portsmouth thread. Either IJN & Webb do have an influence over football matters or they are claiming that they do and spreading discontent within the fanbase by lying. Either way it is pretty worrying.

Why, sensiblegreeny, do you so often make judgements on the subjects that people comment on as you have above with Rickler? This forum prides itself on freedom; everyone is free to comment on whatever areas they wish concerning PAFC and I don't really think it's fair or in any way constructive to try and undermine posters in this way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:06 pm

My original comments were that if anyone thought either Newell or Webb had a say on footballing matters then in my opinion they were demented. It was Rickler who decided to have a debate on what "footballing matters" were not me. Not an attempt to undermine an opinion or a poster then?

What Rickler then does is chooses to ignore the essence of a reply. Footballing matters do not include pasties or flags or whether there is a piss up before a match in a tent. Footballing matters do include players, squad selection, who is signed, tactics, who the manager is etc. Rickler does mostly only comment on the two characters and not so often about the football side of things. Thats a fact so I don't quite understand how that is undermining anyone when it is stated.

This forum prides itself on freedom. Well up to a point it does. You can post pretty much whatever you want and it isn't deleted. However, post an alternative view and it is quite easy to be set upon by some. I've had this more than once because I stand up for my argument. It usually ends with a certain few posting "boring". That doesn't undermine a poster does it of course. Not looking for any sympathy on my part but if you give it at times them you must expect to receive it. In my opinion Rickler was looking to belittle with his childish "what is footballing matters....define" comment when if you are posting on a football forum footballing matters should be pretty obvious to most if not all. I therefore responded in kind.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:54 am

Time to pass on the baton Rickler.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:35 pm

charleymouse wrote:
A further quote from Newell today on Pasoti: 'we debate things with JB most weeks, and we don't always agree', on the Fans united V Portsmouth thread. Either IJN & Webb do have an influence over football matters or they are claiming that they do and spreading discontent within the fanbase by lying. Either way it is pretty worrying.

Why, sensiblegreeny, do you so often make judgements on the subjects that people comment on as you have above with Rickler? This forum prides itself on freedom; everyone is free to comment on whatever areas they wish concerning PAFC and I don't really think it's fair or in any way constructive to try and undermine posters in this way.

I noticed that. If that's the case and the pair of them have the ear of JB, that is very worrying for the football club. Both seem incapable of seeing beyond a parking space and a big flag, and if JB is taking notice of a pair of self serving egotists, then we can wave professionalism goodbye.

It begs the question, what is the rest of the board doing?
Back to top Go down
DanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Listen to the jealousy on here! Are we jealous that IJN has a director's box seat?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 pm

No... Just ashamed that the club would be so stupid as to do such a thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:53 pm

DanTheMan wrote:
Listen to the jealousy on here! Are we jealous that IJN has a director's box seat?

Sorry Dan you're barking up the wrong tree me ol son although I am sure Mr Newell would enjoy that being the case jocolor

How are your Drakes Island plans going?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:07 pm

One day when brent has f***ed off all this shit will be nothing more than a bad memory.
Back to top Go down
DanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Change the record Freathy, still bleating the same nonsense then?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:20 pm

DanTheMan wrote:

Yes, because the club is still going through the same old shit. Trust in stapes did you? Of course ya did! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:25 pm

"Dan" 'wouldn't have a bad word said against that man' Laughing
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:28 pm

DanTheMan wrote:

Actually,if you look at the disaster that has befallen Argyle in the past four years,then Freathy's "bleatings" have been far from nonsensical.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Like it or not Brent owns the club and can do what he likes and be mates with whoever he wants.

If he chooses to be mates with a couple of lying deceitful toerags who wouldn't be accepted in decent company that's entirely up to him.

He obviously doesn't accept the old adage that you can judge someone by the company they keep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Any lingering hopes i had for brent died when he started building chalet bungalows on the side of the pitch, the ground now looks like Trago Mills, our shiteness is complete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent, get a grip ffs
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5