Freathy
Czarcasm
Elias
Coxside_Green
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:16 pm

But there is the rub Coxside. I have never said that Brent is exactly who we need. I have not judged him as harshly as others perhaps and have only gone so far as to say the Jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. Not exactly a glowing endorsement as far as I can see,

Brent might have failed in something. I'm not an expert on his career. What I do know is he is a multi millionaire who does not appear to be struggling in business. Any more multi millionaires on here? No? Didn't think so. Anyone else running a large company? No? Didn't think so. Did he get where he is today aka Reginald Perring by listening to amateurs? Well of course he did didn't he because that is what some want to believe with Argyle. The concept is simple bizaar Coxside. Does he know a lot about football? No as he confesses himself. Does Fletcher know more than the average supporter? Erm..... I think he does given his career in it. Put the two together and I know who I think is advising him. Evidence to the contrary is what exactly? A belief is about all it is created as a myth and perpetuated by people who just want to have a pop at the two concerned. Have you been in the Boardroom or listened in on conversations? I doubt it and nor has anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Andy Symons laid the bait and the thread went off topic into a slanging match. Sorry Andy but you've lost all credibility. One down many to go.

Not sure how you work that out, or what you mean by the highlighted bit.

If this site can't accept people putting their point of view about the club - and, seriously, if you've got the stomach for it, go through Tring's posting history and see if you can find a post about footballing matters, not some rant about, well you know what Tring does - then what is the point of ATD?

I didn't lay any 'bait', I gave my views on the situation regarding the pre-season recruitment of players. Read the thread.

And as for my credibility - with Tring and Punchdrunk feeling the need to attack me like they have, I'd guess that's done my credibility amongst sane Argyle fans no harm at all.

We differ on certain things but according to you I'm "away with the fairies". I think that's quite disgusting.

Putting that irelevant shit aside, I've always had you down as someone who saw things for what they were or if in doubt, you'd question. I'm confident I'd get 100% support on that statement. For you to dismiss any blame of Brent and pass it all on to Fletch is out of character. Whether that quite matches my 'laid the bait' accusation, I couldn't give a feck. To me you've had a change of direction imposed on you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:36 pm

I doubt I can change anyones mind if they are so solidly behind the notion that i've had a change of direction 'imposed' on me.

All I'll say is that there's no-one on this planet (not even my wife) who can impose anything upon me. My views are as they have always been - my own. Sometimes I will agree with posters on here, sometimes I won't. But I will always call it as I see it. The problem is, Tring can't accept that - you either have to agree with him 100% of the time or you're a 'puppet', a 'poodle' or (my particular favourite) 'a pasoti stooge'. It's pathetic, immature, and mainly because it's all he ever says, boring.

As for dismissing any blame on Brent - I haven't actually placed 'blame' anywhere. What are we blaming people for exactly? The season doesn't start for another fortnight, so our current league position is non-existant, and the squad is not yet complete; I'd bet that a few will leave and a few more will arrive before the season starts. All I'm doing is pointing out to those who do seek to blame Brent for everything that some of the decisions that are being laid at Brent's door are actually not decisions he makes. It can't be that hard to fathom, surely?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
I doubt I can change anyones mind if they are so solidly behind the notion that i've had a change of direction 'imposed' on me.

All I'll say is that there's no-one on this planet (not even my wife) who can impose anything upon me. My views are as they have always been - my own. Sometimes I will agree with posters on here, sometimes I won't. But I will always call it as I see it. The problem is, Tring can't accept that - you either have to agree with him 100% of the time or you're a 'puppet', a 'poodle' or (my particular favourite) 'a pasoti stooge'. It's pathetic, immature, and mainly because it's all he ever says, boring.

As for dismissing any blame on Brent - I haven't actually placed 'blame' anywhere. What are we blaming people for exactly? The season doesn't start for another fortnight, so our current league position is non-existant, and the squad is not yet complete; I'd bet that a few will leave and a few more will arrive before the season starts. All I'm doing is pointing out to those who do seek to blame Brent for everything that some of the decisions that are being laid at Brent's door are actually not decisions he makes. It can't be that hard to fathom, surely?

Brent is the one who lumbered us with an inexperienced manager. Yes, it does stop with Brent whatever our (mis)fortunes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Brent didn't appoint Fletcher.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
But there is the rub Coxside. I have never said that Brent is exactly who we need. I have not judged him as harshly as others perhaps and have only gone so far as to say the Jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. Not exactly a glowing endorsement as far as I can see,

Brent might have failed in something. I'm not an expert on his career. What I do know is he is a multi millionaire who does not appear to be struggling in business. Any more multi millionaires on here? No? Didn't think so. Anyone else running a large company? No? Didn't think so. Did he get where he is today aka Reginald Perring by listening to amateurs? Well of course he did didn't he because that is what some want to believe with Argyle. The concept is simple bizaar Coxside. Does he know a lot about football? No as he confesses himself. Does Fletcher know more than the average supporter? Erm..... I think he does given his career in it. Put the two together and I know who I think is advising him. Evidence to the contrary is what exactly? A belief is about all it is created as a myth and perpetuated by people who just want to have a pop at the two concerned. Have you been in the Boardroom or listened in on conversations? I doubt it and nor has anyone else.

We don't even know for sure he is a multi millionaire. We assume he is, have you seen his bank balance?

He knows feck all about football and he is listening to the wrong people, that much is becoming clearer by the month.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:54 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:

Are you really Andy_Symons?. His account has been hacked.

Edit...Or been handed over.

Last edited by Coxside_Green on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

I guess that's what passes for humour on here these days. Ridsdale sacked Reid, and put Fletch and Ro in charge. It's not that controversial a statement.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

I guess that's what passes for humour on here these days. Ridsdale sacked Reid, and put Fletch and Ro in charge. It's not that controversial a statement.

Brent retained him, minus his mentor.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:05 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
but the bottom line is, a man with far more football knowledge and experience than any of you lot has taken these decisions,

It never ceases to amaze me how often this old chestnut is thrown out there, what on earth makes you think that 15 years of kicking a football around is a better basis for making management decisions than a lifetime's experience in taking such decisions, allied to a similarly long period of watching the game and, dare I say, quite likely a somewhat enhanced IQ ?

Football is not some mystical process, plenty of the people who post on here are quite capable of recognising a fouk up when they see one, if you want to make an argument for or against what your current management is doing then do that, don't just chuck up banal drivel like that, if your management was any good at all a club your size would not have been relegated nor would you have spent last season struggling away in the nether regions of the football league. Fletcher, Larry and Brent haven't shown their worth to be greater than a bucket of spit so far, happy days.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:14 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
but the bottom line is, a man with far more football knowledge and experience than any of you lot has taken these decisions,

It never ceases to amaze me how often this old chestnut is thrown out there, what on earth makes you think that 15 years of kicking a football around is a better basis for making management decisions than a lifetime's experience in taking such decisions, allied to a similarly long period of watching the game and, dare I say, quite likely a somewhat enhanced IQ ?

Football is not some mystical process, plenty of the people who post on here are quite capable of recognising a fouk up when they see one, if you want to make an argument for or against what your current management is doing then do that, don't just chuck up banal drivel like that, if your management was any good at all a club your size would not have been relegated nor would you have spent last season struggling away in the nether regions of the football league. Fletcher, Larry and Brent haven't shown their worth to be greater than a bucket of spit so far, happy days.

Spot on. Some players go on to be manager, some go on to be scouts, others go on to run a pub or drive a taxi, it's all relevant.

The sooner some at least question whether Fletch should be doing something else or whether Brent is just clueless , the better we'll be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:16 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Dont piss Andy off, he will try and get his Pasoti mates to "investigate" you, but be careful not to piss him off too much , he will storm off in a huff cancel his account or try to set up his own website ..just like his mate cerbs... school-ground patter lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:29 am

All debate seems to have vanished on ATD now unless you include some sort of anti aviva protest using less than two sentences with an additional and very usual "fek off to somewhere else" comment.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:47 am

GOB wrote:
All debate seems to have vanished on ATD now unless you include some sort of anti aviva protest using less than two sentences with an additional and very usual "fek off to somewhere else" comment.

There's the rub though Gob, the site allows pretty much anything it's members want to say, hence it's direction will be set by the members who feel strongly enough to post and so it should be.

I'd hold up dear old sensible as a grand example of having your say and perservering, albeit with some frustration at times, and arguing his point.

A thick skin and broad shoulders are a great advantage on here.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:49 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Exactly.
I have been 'switched off' from Argyle for several years now and I live far away, which helps. I wouldn't bother to take in a game unless it was on my doorstep and I had nothing better to do with my time and money.
You see, the club is now being run by the clueless, in every department. There is no football worth talking about.

The most important issues, which dictate 'the football experience' , are what I'm concerned with and have been for years. Until Brent makes some moderate investment, appoints a proven manager and the Chuckle Brothers are shown the door, the outlook is parochial and bleak. The present set up will inevitably result in dour football, poor results and dwindling attendances, no matter how they try to jazz it up.

There is absolutely nothing to encourage any but the terminally addicted through the gates of HP.
Talk football all you like but until the real issues are addressed the football will be grim and irrelevant to any thinking person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:54 am

GOB wrote:

I agree. And if anyone disagrees they become not 'a thinking person'.

There's a difference between robust debate and abuse.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:33 am

knecht wrote:
GOB wrote:

I agree. And if anyone disagrees they become not 'a thinking person'.

There's a difference between robust debate and abuse.

The OP was told he was 'away with the fairies'. Is that robust debate ?

Or they are dull, demented, paranoid and not even a one trick pony.

Abuse is a two way street.

Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:40 am

Tringreen wrote:
shonbo wrote:
Tring, fwiw, looks like your losing it...

Nahhhh you lost it mate.

Not sure I ever had it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:24 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
GOB wrote:

There's the rub though Gob, the site allows pretty much anything it's members want to say, hence it's direction will be set by the members who feel strongly enough to post and so it should be.

I'd hold up dear old sensible as a grand example of having your say and perservering, albeit with some frustration at times, and arguing his point.

I tend to agree Charlie but if users are not able to or unwilling to place their more "bantering" comments to the areas of the site that were created and intended for these type of comments, then it all becomes repetitive, boring and a turn off.

The idea of having moderators was to moderate and it used to be carried out quite frequently and threads were split and added to the suitable sections, this seems to have now ceased. Of course this will lead us down the path of what should or what shouldn't be moderated, but that's the bonus of having sensible, fair minded and logically thinking moderators. If people are constantly being told to "fek off" then that's what will probably happen until we're back to the old and usual half a dozen users spouting the same old comments daily or even hourly in some cases.

Not having a pop at you guys BTW, just adding my view to what maybe considered as guidance, others may have a different view.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:40 am

Argyle have a limited budget for the playing side of the business (whether it's limited to 55% of turnover or lower at Harry's whim is open to debate)

But no matter who is in charge at the moment, they can see that Budget divided by 26 means that each player must be getting less than if it was, say, Budget divided by 20.

So it seems to me that the average player at HP is being paid 20% less than if we had a smaller, but marginally better quality, squad.

And before anyone throws in the "some of them are only kids" argument, I would suggest that if they are not yet good enough to be an unused sub for a dozen matches and get some pitch time in half a dozen matches for a bottom division team, there future in professional football doesn't look that good.

For example, why the f**k has a team that finished nearly bottom last season got THREE goalkeepers on the books? Why not one good keeper, a kid to sit on the bench and a loanee if the good guy gets injured?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:58 am

GOB wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
GOB wrote:

I tend to agree Charlie but if users are not able to or unwilling to place their more "bantering" comments to the areas of the site that were created and intended for these type of comments, then it all becomes repetitive, boring and a turn off.

The idea of having moderators was to moderate and it used to be carried out quite frequently and threads were split and added to the suitable sections, this seems to have now ceased. Of course this will lead us down the path of what should or what shouldn't be moderated, but that's the bonus of having sensible, fair minded and logically thinking moderators. If people are constantly being told to "fek off" then that's what will probably happen until we're back to the old and usual half a dozen users spouting the same old comments daily or even hourly in some cases.
Not having a pop at you guys BTW, just adding my view to what maybe considered as guidance, others may have a different view.

Your not alone in that though GOB and it's something i've been thinking about.

Although this site prides itself on allowing members to say what they like, the spat between Tring and Andy yesterday does this site no favours, and that isn't meant as an insult to either poster.

Once the new mod team find their feet and get used to all the gadgets and tools available things will improve. I've only just learnt how to delete and account lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:10 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Exactly.
I have been 'switched off' from Argyle for several years now and I live far away, which helps. I wouldn't bother to take in a game unless it was on my doorstep and I had nothing better to do with my time and money.
You see, the club is now being run by the clueless, in every department. There is no football worth talking about.

The most important issues, which dictate 'the football experience' , are what I'm concerned with and have been for years. Until Brent makes some moderate investment, appoints a proven manager and the Chuckle Brothers are shown the door, the outlook is parochial and bleak. The present set up will inevitably result in dour football, poor results and dwindling attendances, no matter how they try to jazz it up.

There is absolutely nothing to encourage any but the terminally addicted through the gates of HP.
Talk football all you like but until the real issues are addressed the football will be grim and irrelevant to any thinking person.

For someone "switched off" from Argyle you don't half spend a lot of time talking about them ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:13 pm

I've cleaned this topic up a bit and moved the off topic stuff to the archive.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:25 pm

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Exactly.

For someone "switched off" from Argyle you don't half spend a lot of time talking about them ....

'Switched off' from attending. The inevitability of it all depresses me. Although even I didn't predict just how bad it would get and the present state of affairs at HP is truly sickening.
I also enjoy winding up the control freaks and their poodles, as it is their personal positioning and dirty dealing that has in part led to the club's demise. They're now even trying to run the show.
The lunatics are being allowed to run the asylum.

Mistakes have and continue to be made imo. I want to see the club successful
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Exactly.

'Switched off' from attending. The inevitability of it all depresses me. Although even I didn't predict just how bad it would get and the present state of affairs at HP is truly sickening.
I also enjoy winding up the control freaks and their poodles, as it is their personal positioning and dirty dealing that has in part led to the club's demise. They're now even trying to run the show.
The lunatics are being allowed to run the asylum.

Mistakes have and continue to be made imo. I want to see the club successful

Yeah but Tringy if everyone took your stance there would be no Argyle . I assume you will return to watching Argyle when things improve which is fair enough . What isn't fair is you criticising those who attend and using all sorts of names and snide comments . FWIW I'm not entirely happy with the way things are right now and I know several others who aren't . Hopefully things will improve . I'll try and do my bit .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent, get a grip ffs
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next