Czarcasm
Elias
Coxside_Green
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Brent, get a grip ffs Empty
PostSubject: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Nothing personal against today's new signings, I'm sure they'll do their best. The bigger picture is looking disastrous.

We now have 26 players, many of whom are not of proven league standard, a quick estimate says we only have 5 or 6 players whom meet that criteria. On top of this we have an inexperienced managerial team going it alone for the first time without an old head overseeing things. They're on a hiding to nothing.

We're a professional football club, we're supporters paying professional football league prices, we expect to see a team of professional footballers led by a professional management team. Yes it's nice to see the occasional youngster come through the ranks or the unexpected player from elsewhere come good, we all love it when it happens. It's not what we primarily want though. We pay a good price to watch good football, you understand that Mr Brent!

We might be football supporters Mr Brent but we're not stupid. You will not average 8000 attendances by supplying the city with a lower-half 4th division team battling relegation, it wont get supported the same as last year when supporters trusted you.

I suggest you choose your friends wisely. Without naming names we do know who your close allies are within the fanbase. They're really no good to you. They're selfish and will lead you to failure within the football world (assuming you do care) if you continue listening to them. You're in the football business, speak to people who really understand the football business. Those you currently speak to are not qualified.

Finally, you could find the recipe to my old grandmothers pasty (they were the best), it still wouldn't persuade me to join whatever it is you're currently offering, only a decent competitive brand of football will do that.

Either take heed and good luck or feck off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:16 pm

James Brent is a good man, he wants the club to do well, but he knows nothing of football and is being clumsy in getting himself involved
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:21 pm

sounds to me he is basing the teams ability on fans persception - at a time when most are just grateful to still have a club this is VERY dangerous terrritory.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Perfect précis there, Coxside.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:52 pm

The signing of the 32 year old fireman and the burton reject ain't good enough. In fact it's a f***ing insult to us. I'm beginning to think the specky banker is actually taking the piss out of us. Saying our budget is "competitive" and then this is what we sign?? These are the signings of an Evostick league team. F***ing hell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:00 pm

As long as JB "advisors" Webb and Newell are around then expect more of the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Anyone who thinks that a man with JB's business experience and acumen is taking advice on running Argyle from a jumped-up Truck driver's supervisor and a Postman is, frankly, away with the fairies.

The decisions on who to sign are down to the team management - not Brent.

The decisions on which of last season's out of contract players to offer new terms to were the team management's, not Brents; and it's here where the problem lies - too many players renewing who didn't do enough to merit a new contract. That's where a big chunk of the budget has gone.

Blame Brent all you like. Blame Newell and Webb if it makes you feel better. Hell, blame me if that's what floats your boat; but the bottom line is, a man with far more football knowledge and experience than any of you lot has taken these decisions, and he'll sink or swim by the results of those decisions. So mank and moan all you want - and let's be honest, that's all a lot of you have got to offer - but I'll support the team, because, as far as I can tell, we haven't been relegated yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Anyone who thinks that a man with JB's business experience and acumen is taking advice on running Argyle from a jumped-up Truck driver's supervisor and a Postman is, frankly, away with the fairies.

The decisions on which of last season's out of contract players to offer new terms to were the team management's, not Brents; and it's here where the problem lies - too many players renewing who didn't do enough to merit a new contract. That's where a big chunk of the budget has gone.

Blame Brent all you like. Blame Newell and Webb if it makes you feel better. Hell, blame me if that's what floats your boat; but the bottom line is, a man with far more football knowledge and experience than any of you lot has taken these decisions, and he'll sink or swim by the results of those decisions. So mank and moan all you want - and let's be honest, that's all a lot of you have got to offer - but I'll support the team, because, as far as I can tell, we haven't been relegated yet.

I'm not so sure Andy, only because I think Brent's sole intention is to make a few bob from developments and that he doesn't give a toss about PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Nothing personal against today's new signings, I'm sure they'll do their best. The bigger picture is looking disastrous.

We now have 26 players, many of whom are not of proven league standard, a quick estimate says we only have 5 or 6 players whom meet that criteria. On top of this we have an inexperienced managerial team going it alone for the first time without an old head overseeing things. They're on a hiding to nothing.

We're a professional football club, we're supporters paying professional football league prices, we expect to see a team of professional footballers led by a professional management team. Yes it's nice to see the occasional youngster come through the ranks or the unexpected player from elsewhere come good, we all love it when it happens. It's not what we primarily want though. We pay a good price to watch good football, you understand that Mr Brent!

We might be football supporters Mr Brent but we're not stupid. You will not average 8000 attendances by supplying the city with a lower-half 4th division team battling relegation, it wont get supported the same as last year when supporters trusted you.

I suggest you choose your friends wisely. Without naming names we do know who your close allies are within the fanbase. They're really no good to you. They're selfish and will lead you to failure within the football world (assuming you do care) if you continue listening to them. You're in the football business, speak to people who really understand the football business. Those you currently speak to are not qualified.

Finally, you could find the recipe to my old grandmothers pasty (they were the best), it still wouldn't persuade me to join whatever it is you're currently offering, only a decent competitive brand of football will do that.

I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:

Brent has put his faith in errrm y'know, yes, no, Fletch. And...................

Insult removed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Our owner has promised us a competitive budget.. FACT!
Do we have a competitive squad as of close of business today..NO!

Argyle are heading into this season with the worst squad and least experienced management team in living memory. Surely those that have the ear of the owner can see that!
Yet given all that they only seem interested in feathering their own nests within Harrys empire.

From meaningless murals to a pasty and a pint at the prrraaaapppppeeeerrrr fans fest, from sexed up propaganda to sabotaging a charity walk up Kilimanjaro with the opportunity a 5 minute slot with Kammy and the boys. The only thing that is competitive at our club is the bullshit coming from the hangers on.

I fear Brent is heading towards the wrath of the Home Park faithful if as I believe the inevitable happens that we are involved in yet another dogfight in the basement of the professional game of this Country. Ambition is zero and our support base is being strained to the limit when many including myself were expecting better days ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Brent has put his faith in errrm y'know, yes, no, Fletch. And...................

You are a two faced tw@t Symons.

Oh how I love a reasoned discussion. So impressed.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:

Who the feck you talking about here?.

I'll give you JB aint listening to puppets regarding his business blab, he's using them well though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Who the feck am I talking about? A man who's captained his country, played in an FA Cup final and played in the Premiership, that's who.

If you're seriously trying to argue that Carl Fletcher has less football experience than some of the crazy gang on here, please tell me which posters they are. And then go for a long lay down in a darkened room.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Who the feck am I talking about? A man who's captained his country, played in an FA Cup final and played in the Premiership, that's who.

If you're seriously trying to argue that Carl Fletcher has less football experience than some of the crazy gang on here, please tell me which posters they are. And then go for a long lay down in a darkened room.

Where's his experience in division 4?

Where's his experience in any sort of management. He's an ex-player who chose to sit on the bench at palace rather than 1st team football at Argyle. When he joined Argyle he couldn't give up international football quick enough. When he realised he couldn't cope with the rigours of league football on a permanent basis, he still accepted the extended year on his contract. Feck off!

Last edited by Coxside_Green on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:

After watching 90 per cent of last seasons borefests, ill wager we will be struggling again.
Scuttle away back to pasoti....or even better your mate cerbs throbbing new website Razz
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:31 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

After watching 90 per cent of last seasons borefests, ill wager we will be struggling again.
Scuttle away back to pasoti....or even better your mate cerbs throbbing new website Razz

Love you too Punchie. Beers in the Blockhouse !
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Tring, fwiw, looks like your losing it...
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

I love you I love you

Am I entitled to freemasons in Lamaca now?. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 pm

shonbo wrote:
Tring, fwiw, looks like your losing it...

Nahhhh you lost it mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Carl Fletcher...manager of the month.Cant wait to read that.You are on your own now Carl,,no mentors,you sink or swim.I'll give you ten matches either way of course.You know where the A38 is,just watch out for those damn speed cameras.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:26 pm

I do find some of the ravings on here bizaar. The very thought that a successful businessman would even contemplate being led in his football ownership by the two people being touted as having the job is totally mad. Does he take his Hotel Management tips from the bellboy at one of them or does he rely on more informed heads. Only somebody with half a brain would think that as a supporter, which is their only connection with football, would have a better knowledge of the game than a professional footballer. That's like saying I once watched "Your life in their Hands" and they could perform surgery better than Christian Barnard.

Fletcher may be inexperienced but he still knows more about the professional game than most of us put together. That doesn't make him a great manager or a successful one but I'd bet he will still do a better job than anyh of us could do. Brent might not know a huge amount about football but he does know how to run a business. He is a better businessman and successful and will run a business better than any of us would. They may not be the team we would like but to think we would do better in either field individually is, well bizaar. To relegate Argyle before the season has kicked off is even more bizaar. The doubters may be proved right in the end but personally I'd rather see how it pans out in reality.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Andy Symons laid the bait and the thread went off topic into a slanging match. Sorry Andy but you've lost all credibility. One down many to go.

Back on topic, this club is fecked without some serious changes. Whether it's a change of manager or a change of superfan, something has to change.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Andy Symons laid the bait and the thread went off topic into a slanging match. Sorry Andy but you've lost all credibility. One down many to go.

Not sure how you work that out, or what you mean by the highlighted bit.

If this site can't accept people putting their point of view about the club - and, seriously, if you've got the stomach for it, go through Tring's posting history and see if you can find a post about footballing matters, not some rant about, well you know what Tring does - then what is the point of ATD?

I didn't lay any 'bait', I gave my views on the situation regarding the pre-season recruitment of players. Read the thread.

And as for my credibility - with Tring and Punchdrunk feeling the need to attack me like they have, I'd guess that's done my credibility amongst sane Argyle fans no harm at all.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I do find some of the ravings on here bizaar. The very thought that a successful businessman would even contemplate being led in his football ownership by the two people being touted as having the job is totally mad. Does he take his Hotel Management tips from the bellboy at one of them or does he rely on more informed heads. Only somebody with half a brain would think that as a supporter, which is their only connection with football, would have a better knowledge of the game than a professional footballer. That's like saying I once watched "Your life in their Hands" and they could perform surgery better than Christian Barnard.

Fletcher may be inexperienced but he still knows more about the professional game than most of us put together. That doesn't make him a great manager or a successful one but I'd bet he will still do a better job than anyh of us could do. Brent might not know a huge amount about football but he does know how to run a business. He is a better businessman and successful and will run a business better than any of us would. They may not be the team we would like but to think we would do better in either field individually is, well bizaar. To relegate Argyle before the season has kicked off is even more bizaar. The doubters may be proved right in the end but personally I'd rather see how it pans out in reality.

Is Brent fully successful? I believe he has at least one failure, apologies if wrong.

The facts are Brent is/was clueless about football and his closest allies in the world of football appear to be his 'friends'. Aside from Peter Jones, there seems to be no other football knowledge in the Board of Directors. We're being portrayed as a lovable family club, there's no reason to believe Brent has any more football intelligence outside of what is known.

If you can provide evidence of why Brent is exactly who we need then I will concede us lunatics on ATD can't do better. Deal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent, get a grip ffs   Brent, get a grip ffs Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent, get a grip ffs
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next