Go down 
+2
Rickler
Grovehill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

How much did Brent pay? Empty
PostSubject: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:26 pm

There's a thread on that other site based on a Guardian article that looks into the finances of PAFC over the last few years.

It contains some pretty well informed figures that seem to indicate that Brent paid about £1.9 million to buy the club before selling on the ground to PCC for £1.6 million.

As I say, a pretty good deal. Buy a football Club for £300,000 upfront, then within six months sell the remaining land for £425,000

Why the hell the Trust never tried to get anyone else (even themselves) interested in doing this sort of deal (buying a football Club for sweet FA) I'll never know.

Well I have an idea why, but I'm not going to speculate as I'm sure some people employ quite good lawyers.

Edited to add. I see some people want to see some sort of Blue Peter like totaliser at Home Park so everyone can see how much of the staff's wages have been paid by fans! Perhaps they'll call it the "Sucker-ometer"
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:49 pm

Which is why on the P & A thread I asked where the 548k in season ticket money went, and posed this question:

Rickler wrote:

We all know he took on the liability for losses going forward, but if he paid less than he received in ticket sales, and with the sale of the stadium, could it be possible that on the day the deal was signed, he had actually made money buying PAFC?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:53 pm

There were a couple of articles by Roger (Babararacu...etc) Willis on thetwounfortunates.com about the whole administration process and Argyle's fall from grace. Rog' has followed up with a final article that takes in everything that's happened since Brent took over. It's not a comfortable read:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Brent paid about £1.9 million to buy the club before selling on the ground to PCC for £1.6 million.
As I say, a pretty good deal. Buy a football Club for £300,000 upfront, then within six months sell the remaining land for £425,000

It takes a long time for pennies to drop in Janner Land doesn't it my luverlies! cheers

How much has this "benefactor" spent on your team to keep you in the Football League then? Oh yes.......................zilch.

How much is he investing in your youth development so as to maximise Premier League money to double that up? Not saying is he.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:18 am

Don't question St brent the saviour! Just support like praaaaaper faaaaans!
Back to top Go down
katman

PostSubject: Re: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:03 am

Niikk has helped Brent again by paying £5k for another of Newells auctioned shirts.!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:24 am

Grovehill wrote:
There's a thread on that other site based on a Guardian article that looks into the finances of PAFC over the last few years.

It contains some pretty well informed figures that seem to indicate that Brent paid about £1.9 million to buy the club before selling on the ground to PCC for £1.6 million.

Why the hell the Trust never tried to get anyone else (even themselves) interested in doing this sort of deal (buying a football Club for sweet FA) I'll never know.

Well I have an idea why, but I'm not going to speculate as I'm sure some people employ quite good lawyers.

Edited to add. I see some people want to see some sort of Blue Peter like totaliser at Home Park so everyone can see how much of the staff's wages have been paid by fans! Perhaps they'll call it the "Sucker-ometer"

I would ask the previous non-elected Trust leader now president, but I doubt we would get a straight answer.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:40 am

Could be nearly 6 million minus the council buying the ground.

Top post on list, near end of article.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Rickler wrote:

Which is why on the P & A thread I asked where the 548k in season ticket money went, and posed this question:

Rickler wrote:

We all know he took on the liability for losses going forward, but if he paid less than he received in ticket sales, and with the sale of the stadium, could it be possible that on the day the deal was signed, he had actually made money buying PAFC?

That's a weird way of looking at profit. It's not like he could just walk off with the season ticket money. At least not all of it because Mr Guilfoyle was getting some of it released as each match was played. What was left over would be needed to cover expenses over the remainder of the season. I wouldn't consider that to be a profit in any normal sense of the word.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
There were a couple of articles by Roger (Babararacu...etc) Willis on thetwounfortunates.com about the whole administration process and Argyle's fall from grace. Rog' has followed up with a final article that takes in everything that's happened since Brent took over. It's not a comfortable read:

Interesting stuff. It's good to see it all pulled together like that. It certainly shows how deep a hole we'll be will be if we are relegated.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:26 pm

ZYPH wrote:

Could be nearly 6 million minus the council buying the ground.

Top post on list, near end of article.

Most of the "cost" of buying the club has (if you read the article) been rolled over to be paid off over the next five years-presumably from football generated income (ie the fans paying to watch)

Taking figures quoted from the article, it looks as if Brent's current net cash outlay to buy the club is a minus figure. He has sold the ground and the development land for more than he paid for the club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much did Brent pay?   How much did Brent pay? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much did Brent pay?
Page 1 of 1