green_genie
Tringreen
Dougie
lawnmowerman
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

More Of The Same From Brent. Empty
PostSubject: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Drip, drip, drip, halftruths but no actual figures.........................again.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:13 am

Same old spin nothing new just Brent on. A pr exercise trying to drum support for his mini stand. When will people wake up and see what he is really upto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:32 am

Expect he'll also want whatever he has lent the club back soon too
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:35 am

Will pay the historic debt whilst taking on new debt in the term of loans from Brent whilst the Chief Executive is going round with his begging bowl

Quote :
The PASC chairman Keith Bulley was approached by Argyle chief executive Martyn Starnes about the idea of making a donation to buy the Game Ready System.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:42 am

Brent said: "If you look at the structure off the pitch, some clubs are what I call Conference-League Two bounce.
"They tend to have quite a high proportion of volunteers doing quite a lot of work.
"Then there are the fallen angels who have aspirations to get back up to where they fell from. Argyle are very much in that category I hope.

He hopes ?????????????? Yeah, whatever........No 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:45 am

Wow, more baloney - think the fans are being set up for more bad news?!!
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:47 am

Not one mention of the Green Taverners' work in repaying debts.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:18 am

According to the saviour "money is tight" Razz 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:19 am

The GT's, along with the bucket rattling, mugs for mugs sellers, are part of a league 2/ conference bounce type set up, so can't be mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:53 pm

You can see why Starnes has been brought in now. I can just picture the interview...

"Martin, the reason you've been invited for interview is that I'm aware you've been working at a pissy-arsed club where you've become accustomed to all aspects of begging/bucket-rattling. That's exactly what your terms of reference will be if I offer you the job. Deal?"

"Oh yes yes and thrice yes, James!"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Come on Sue, it's time to earn that title that you were given so get out there with those buckets again and rattle like you have never rattled before, James needs you!
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Does he have any choice in paying these debts for as long as he owns your club? He makes it sound like it's some form benevolent act. As for the shameless cr*p about the Green Taverner's debt to the club - well forgive me if I'm wrong, but regardless of the issue of the propriety of the loan and all the conflict of interest business, I was under the impression that the loan was secured and he has to pay that too. And of course, there is his usual healthy dose of pushing the fans' buttons with the nod-and-a-wink to what a mahoosive club he (says he) thinks you are.

You have to hand it to the guy - he's like Damian McBride without the thuggery.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 6:54 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Does he have any choice in paying these debts for as long as he owns your club? He makes it sound like it's some form benevolent act. As for the shameless cr*p about the Green Taverner's debt to the club - well forgive me if I'm wrong, but regardless of the issue of the propriety of the loan and all the conflict of interest business, I was under the impression that the loan was secured and he has to pay that too. And of course, there is his usual healthy dose of pushing the fans' buttons with the nod-and-a-wink to what a mahoosive club he (says he) thinks you are.

The thuggery is supplied by Nooligan and his family of goons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 6:54 pm

I didn't think that it as the GT loan, there was a loan that Stapleton borrowed from an Argyle youth development trust, the trust would have lost the money when we went into admin. but St James of the quiver heroically offered for the club (as in sue the bucket and the GTs) to take the debt on.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:12 pm

GOB wrote:

Come on Sue, it's time to earn that title that you were given so get out there with those buckets again and rattle like you have never rattled before, James needs you!  
I used to know a Sue who used to frequent the Harbour Lights on a Friday and Saturday night...funnily enough she had a bucket too.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
GOB wrote:

I used to know a Sue who used to frequent the Harbour Lights on a Friday and Saturday night...funnily enough she had a bucket too.

Daddy! Daddy! I've found you at last!

Can you lend me a tenner? clown 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:19 pm

I am totally overwhelmed by the level of ambition shown by Brent. I imagine there will be legions of top players, sponsors and managers beating down his door to join PAFC and the magical ride we are about to embark on.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:38 pm

goodness me i thought the bucket rattling had stopped for the time being!

4k a good sum raised by supporters fair play BUT a new stand going to built costing millions yet PAFC cant afford 4k WTF !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:45 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:

It's the Plymouth Argyle Supporters Training and Development Trust loan to the club, nothing to do with the GTs.

And as it correctly says in the article "It's being paid off over a five-year period with modest interest."

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:21 pm

I'm not calling JB a liar, but..........................there's a lot of "factual inaccuracies" flying around

When JB took over the Club we were told that, much as he wanted to, he couldn't pay the staff their back wages as "all the FC debts have to be treated the same way and paid back at the same rate" Now he's saying that other football clubs have been paid but players (and presumably office staff etc) haven't

It was also said at the time that he first talked about buying the Club he would "pay back the FC debt in full at the time he bought the club. That then changed to "the deal couldn't possibly be completed" if he had to pay the FC debt in full right away.

He's also saying that PAFC's income will go up once the ministand is built, but as has been pointed out on here, the only thing certain to go up in the future is the rent paid to PCC. The rent from the retail units in the ministand will not be going to PAFC, it'll be going to the "primary funder" of the development, who happens to be.....

He's also saying that he really, really wants the FC debts paid off. Well, those debts are legally his, & he's the sole owner of PAFC so the answer is obvious isn't it?

As I say, i'm not calling anyone a liar, but if i get a phone call from Home Park telling me the sun will come up tomorrow, I might well stay up all night just to make sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Brent said,

"Part of the monies owed to 'quite a large number' of former players have been repaid, but there is still some way to go"

Q: How much money has been repaid to how many players and how much is still owed ?

"Additional revenue generated by the new grandstand which is to be built at Home Park will assist with the repayment process when it comes to the football creditor debt"

Q: How much additional revenue is to be generated by the new ministand ?

"The football creditor debt was at £2.8 million, I believe, at the time we bought the club. We have paid part of that off"

Q: How much is a part ?

TRANSPARENCY, TRANSPARENCY, TRANSPARENCY ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:31 pm

That wouldn't surprise me one tiny bit Grovehill, it's all starting to smell pretty bad and I have a feeling that some mighty big turds are going to hit a fan...or a few.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:52 pm

There can't be anyone left who thinks argyle wll be anything other than crap under the Developers reign of dispair, from the top half of the championship to slugging it out at the bottom of the fourth division with accrington fookin stanley in just a few short years, plymouth argyle don't do happiness!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Q. How can you tell when the Chairman's lying?

A.You can see his lips move!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Newells attempts at trumpeting this 4k donation has barely raised a flicker of interest even amongst Pyongyangs finest. Two "well done" responses there, one of them coming from the ever-reliable dozy dunlop.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The masses may well be starting to see Brent for the charity-seeking shyster that he really is.

If I were one of the regulars on those Cornish coaches, and I'd just seen the profits from them being handed to a multi-millionaire because he's too tight to fork out himself, I'd be mightily peeved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Of The Same From Brent.   More Of The Same From Brent. Empty

Back to top Go down

More Of The Same From Brent.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next