Dougie
Greenskin
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
tcm

tcm

Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 pm

i got cought short in the car park and had to have a shit behind a car ,that was down to cider,sorry about that,would be nice to have some toilets out side,?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:20 pm

And this is what is planned as the new Argyle anthem to rival Liverpool's You'll Never Walk Alone and West Ham's I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now I'm not the greatest judge of music as I don't watch X-Factor or The Voice, but I don't think it will be resounding around Home Park anytime soon. Although you could imagine James Brent and family holding their Argyle scarves aloft celebrating a 15th placed finish next season singing along.

Even if there are only 150 away fans, they're going to be pissing themselves as we lose again to the might of Barnet and York.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:23 pm

i love womens hockey and with out be sexist theres a lot of possible page 3 birds playing,
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:26 pm

the ref was pretty hot aswell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Block3Green wrote:
To be honest with you, regardless of what league we are in or how bad we are playing I will still be at every home and away match wasting the little money I have going to shitholes around the country and cheering on any man who pulls on a green shirt. Bring on this season.

I used to feel like that Cobi, as I suppose most of the people on here did, but eventually it grinds you down remembering the decent players we've let go for peanuts and the wankers who have lined their pockets out of mugs like us.

Remembering playing the likes of Wolves, West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle, Stoke and West Brom every week, not looking forward to playing the mighty Aldershot at home with a squad that scored about 6 League goals between them all season, and then keeping the same squad the following season, and watching clubs like Bradford and Fleetwood able to attract the calibre of players we can only dream about now.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:31 pm

come on jock,it will be allright in the end,go and skin up for feck sake Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Block3Green wrote:
Future of fleetwood town: Fined for breaching 55% rule, get an embargo, not stick to that then go into admin. I hope this happens

Who says they're breaching the 55% rule?

I can think of at least three ways you can "avoid" the rule if you want to.

And like Income tax, avoidance is OK, evasion is not.

PS, it's not called "cheating" Harry, it's called "improving the team" and it's certainly a better way of "improving the match day experience" than changing the pasties or getting a big flag!

PPS. I bet Harry's "avoided" a fair bit of tax in his time!
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:43 pm

what is tax?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Harry probably thinks it's what Fletch uses to pin up the team sheet.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:48 pm

who needs harry hill we got grovehill ,comedy gold,
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Block3Green wrote:
Future of fleetwood town: Fined for breaching 55% rule, get an embargo, not stick to that then go into admin. I hope this happens

Who says they're breaching the 55% rule?

I can think of at least three ways you can "avoid" the rule if you want to.

And like Income tax, avoidance is OK, evasion is not.

PS, it's not called "cheating" Harry, it's called "improving the team" and it's certainly a better way of "improving the match day experience" than changing the pasties or getting a big flag!

PPS. I bet Harry's "avoided" a fair bit of tax in his time!

I think the devil is in the detail with the salary cap. It's 55% of turnover, but turnover can include money invested by the owner (or anyone else) as long as it's not on a loan-basis. So a rich owner can still plough millions into a club. Given this, I suspect that Crawley and Fleetwood aren't breaking any rules.

Interestingly the only official information on these rules that I can find (see link) says that the allowable level of 'shareholder equity investment' will drop from £8m to £3m by 2016. Whether that means that owners won't be able to invest more than £3m a year (above 'genuine' turnover) in the future isn't clear, although there will always be other ways round it (i.e. the owner 'investing' via buying a ridiculously expensive sponsorship deal). Either way £3m is going to make a hell of a lot of difference to a L1/L2 clubs salary cap

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Doubt Fleetwood will break any rules as long as Owners/Directors put money that is not a loan then it's all hunky dory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Freathy wrote:
We shouldn't be worrying about no-mark shit like fleetwood becuase we SHOULDN'T be in the same poxy division as them!!! But thanks to the stupid masses who trusted in stapes and who are now trusting in brent we're forced to write off our chances of even scraping a point at home to f***ing fleetwood! This ain't good enough brent!!!!! Buy some players NOW or f*** off from my club!!!!!!

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!
I want Freathy to speak for the fans Brent, not Muppet Puppets like nool and webb.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:09 pm

This 55% 'rule' is extremely convenient for brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Once again because somebody expresses they will follow the club whatever it is said that they are accepting of crap. That is simply not true. Nobody who shells out to go to the games either on a weekly basis or by way of season ticket wants or expects their club to struggle. It also doesn't mean that they cannot be or won't be critical of owners, managers or players if need arises. Not one person on here I suspect wants anything less than promotion for Argyle whether they go or don't. Apart from our friends up the road of course.

The difference is that most on here expect promotion whereas some would like promotion. For the first in that nothing else will do and it will give excuse for criticism if not achieved. For the others if it doesn't happen then after disappointment will be the hope it will happen next season.

If people with money can avoid tax payments then people with money can avoid a true 55% rule. As has been said, they will invent income for the club far outweighing the gate receipts and still within the rules. Sponsor the ground for a few million a season is the obvious one. Buy entry tickets for matches when there is no intention for anyone to sit in the seats could easily be another. 1000 tickets x £20 over 23 matches could pay for 5/6 decent class players in this league.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

just wonderd if you have a better plan freathy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:19 pm

So - if it's not OK for big companies or very rich people to avoid tax (and it certainly isn't), why is it OK for Argyle to do it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Problem knecht is that it is terribly British to be sporting and abide by rules. Bigger problem is that a lot of owners of football clubs aren't British anymore. Simple answer is that it isn't ok for either scenario but we all know it will happen.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Block3Green wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We shouldn't be worrying about no-mark shit like fleetwood becuase we SHOULDN'T be in the same poxy division as them!!! But thanks to the stupid masses who trusted in stapes and who are now trusting in brent we're forced to write off our chances of even scraping a point at home to f***ing fleetwood! This ain't good enough brent!!!!! Buy some players NOW or f*** off from my club!!!!!!

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!

If we signed Izale McLeod, Calvin Zola, Akos Buzsacky and Michael Owen tomorrow would you be please? rabbit

Michael Owen could be our new David McKnackeredmyknee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Once again because somebody expresses they will follow the club whatever it is said that they are accepting of crap. That is simply not true. Nobody who shells out to go to the games either on a weekly basis or by way of season ticket wants or expects their club to struggle. It also doesn't mean that they cannot be or won't be critical of owners, managers or players if need arises. Not one person on here I suspect wants anything less than promotion for Argyle whether they go or don't. Apart from our friends up the road of course.

The difference is that most on here expect promotion whereas some would like promotion. For the first in that nothing else will do and it will give excuse for criticism if not achieved. For the others if it doesn't happen then after disappointment will be the hope it will happen next season.

If people with money can avoid tax payments then people with money can avoid a true 55% rule. As has been said, they will invent income for the club far outweighing the gate receipts and still within the rules. Sponsor the ground for a few million a season is the obvious one. Buy entry tickets for matches when there is no intention for anyone to sit in the seats could easily be another. 1000 tickets x £20 over 23 matches could pay for 5/6 decent class players in this league.

Cobi said he would support anyone who pulled on the shirt and would be heartbroken if Robbie Williams left! He also said who he wouldn't mind leaving SG.

What I started this thread about is the frustration of seeing tin-pot, sorry Fleetwood fans everywhere, which is just Fleetwood, clubs like Fleetwood able to sign players that are very good quality for this league, while we re-sign players like Williams, Feeney, Chadwick etc.

Even when I went to every home game and a fair few away games every season, I still recognised a shit player and wasn't afraid to say they were shit, not like the masses on Pasoti who are still so grateful to have a club that they would cheer if Kenneth Williams signed, never mind Robbie Williams.

Brent wouldn't know so somebody somewhere is telling him we have a competetive squad, and if I hear competetive means competing in the same league as better teams I'll scream, when we haven't. We have the same squad as last season, which was shit. How many years should we all be grateful to still have a team?

Chris Webb can pretend he's happy all he likes. I'm not, and unless I'm reading the signs wrong, I think Freathy is leaning towards the same view as well. There are too many people afraid to speak out because the Pasoti gang of bullies tell them they should be grateful for what they have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Thing is Jock you aren't posting on pasoti you are posting on ATD so whatever they may or may not say over there has little relevance here. Many people who still invest in the club in one way or another say that the jury is still out in Brent's case including me. I'm not going to kick the guy just because he is in the driving seat. I'm grateful the club is still in existance and why would I not be. But, that still doesn't mean I agree with everything done or players who are signed or retained. Brent told everyone that he would not throw his money at the club. I have to accept that whether I like it or not so I do and get on with it but can still be critical. Still doesn't mean it is what I would choose to happen.

There are several players I would like to have been shipped out. I can't ship them anywhere so again I accept they are here even if I'm not in love with the idea. When a game kicks off I too will cheer whoever is on the park. Never seen the point in booing and hissing from the stands. Again, if they play crap then I will still think that and say so if warranted in my opinion. If they play well then I will give credit where it is due.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:25 pm

I know you've also been watching Argyle longer than me sensible and I respect your opinion. I'm just totally disillusioned with the club right now, from the owner, president, manager, players right down to the fans who are still saying they're lucky to still have a club ti support.

If we had folded totally and started all over again I would have followed still, whatever league a phoenix club started out in and probably been more enthusiastic than watching this pile of crap carry on while the saviour owner starts another money spinning venture on the back of buying us for pence.

It's the bullshit spouted by the owner and his mouthpiece that riles me the most. No doubt if too many people start moaning the pres will remind everyone that the league are watching us like hawks etc or having another ultimatum for the fans if they want a new striker. It's wearing extremely thin while all the clubs around us are strengthening.

Anyway tomorrows another day. Never know what announcements might be just around the corner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:42 pm

I don't think it matters how long you have been a follower either Jock to be honest. Everyone has an opinion and if it is from a newbie or an oldie it is just as valid. You kind of know what is likely in announcements tomorrow already and it isn't going to be the signing most of us want. Griffiths is about as good as it's going to get I think. Not that I think he would necessarily be a bad signing as I haven't seen him play and don't knock what I know nothing about.

Most of the people who will be going aren't interested in what Mr Pres says or doesn't say. More than 50% probably know little or nothing about him or pasoti. I'm not interested in what Brent builds outside of Argyle I'm only interested in what Argyle do as far as he is concerned. He's a businessman and therefore conducts business so I don't expect him to do otherwise.

I think it is quite funny that being still willing to go is taken as a sign of acceptance of anything the club does. No it isn't. It is simply a wish to go and do the Saturday afternoon thing and that Argyle are the local club. I'm just as pissed off with the state Argyle got into and the fall it has had. I was pissed off at performances last season for most of the matches. My guess is that most people were and voiced it. The 20 odd people on pasoti who sing the praises whatever are just that. A very small clique with a forum to voice their opinions on. They do not speak for anything resembling a majority. There are 20 odd on ATD who are the exact opposite of the 20 odd over there and sing doom and gloom at everything. I suspect they don't speak for the majority either.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:44 am

That's a very fair point Sens in that because you actually go and watch Argyle you accept the current situation.
That is obviously not true although some vote with their feet but others go out of blind loyalty (me included) and because it's my team and I chose to watch them whenever I can home and away. It's the whole experience for me.

Every season for as long as I can remember I have always been optimistic about the forthcoming season but this season is different. I just don't see the improvement required to get into anything like promotion contenders therefore a season of consolidation is my particular horizon.

Others will claim that if you don't shoot for the moon that you will be doomed for failure anyway so we will have to just wait and see. Perhaps behind closed doors CF is moulding a well oiled machine. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:53 am

I don't think I have said that because people go to every game that they have accepted whatever shit is served up to them, I was pointing out that it seems that plenty of people on Pasoti will watch the same shit as last season, shrug their shoulders and say at least they still have a club to watch.

They do still have a club to watch, but it's not the club it could or should be.

The Pasoti Police are on their back if there are overly critical posts, just like people are on their backs if there's an overly optimistic post I suppose, but to say wait until Christmas to see where we are makes me angry. At Christmas if we are struggling it means another long season of dross, and it's too late to change it again, for this season at least.

Even with our continuing debt to pay off, the gates we get should see us with a budget that matches or beats 90% of this league, yet we are hearing that a top half finish would be good considering. Considering what? If Fletcher isn't capable of delivering anything above top half then it's not good enough. If Brent is happy to remain a Division 4 club, then shame on him. And if the fans are happy to just exist then shame on them.

Our Devon neighbours would give their right arms to have the budget we have at our disposal, yet Exeter are extremely active in the transfer market and the fans seem happy with the squad, and Torquay made the play-offs on a shoestring. How far would these clubs be able to go with our budget? Further than us by the looks of it and that's my problem, acceptance of mediocre at best. If anyone truly believes that pretty much the same squad as last season, minus or captain and top scorer, is suddenly going to start spraying the ball around everywhere and play neat passing football rather than the hoof it up to 2 misfiring strikers again, then I would say that they are deluded.

Maybe CF is moulding a well-oiled machine behind closed doors, but then my question is why this wasn't the case last season? After all it's 90% the same squad as last season.

I shouldn't worry about what plans James Brent has outside of the football club, as he is entitled to make money in business and why shouldn't he, but it does seem like he is far more interested in his off the field activities, and has left his Club President and the PR machine, to make announcements that are supposed to make fans rush out and buy another membership!

I too am always optimistic, and even had a bet on us going up last season! I won't be wasting the money this season.

I always subscribe to Player to listen to our games, but trying to re-register has been a nightmare, and there is nowhere on the new awful website which shows how or where to contact the Player team, so I'm not going to bother.

My gripe is that on field success should go hand in hand with James Brent making good money out of his business activities. I see no evidence of this so far, right down to him wanting fans to volunteer to carry out tasks at the club, all in the name of "community spirit".

My guess is that the same won't apply when it comes to building the ice-rink, hotel and bar/restaurant. I can't see hundreds of volunteers being asked to turn up with trowels and tool kits to assist with this.

I wonder if the favourites for the league, Fleetwood and Rochdale, are expecting fans to help out in order for them to sign more players before the season starts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming   Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile Fleetwood's signings just keep coming
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next