PlymptonPilgrim
Charlie Wood
tcm
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 6:52 pm

So as we draw nearer to June the usual cloud of silence descends on Home Park.....as the other teams in L2 start sniffing out their targets (Oxford have already signed Sean Rigg from Port Vale i see) what have Argyle done to inspire the ranks of the green army?.. apart from new contracts to past it or unfit cloggers like Williams, Chadwick and Feeney.
I see Hemmings has been released from Wolves, any signs or snippets from the club to let us know they are at least attempting to get talent in the club? No just the usual tumbleweed with the main focus of attention being an Argyle old boys v MAN UTD reserves old boys to divert the Aviva masses away from the fact that the club is doing tiddly squat to get quality in to get us out of this shite division.
Before we know it it will be only a few weeks till the season starts and as usual we will be signing the dross that no-one else wants, what about that Barnet player?, Invest in the team Brent or feck off.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:06 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
So as we draw nearer to June the usual cloud of silence descends on Home Park.....as the other teams in L2 start sniffing out their targets (Oxford have already signed Sean Rigg from Port Vale i see) what have Argyle done to inspire the ranks of the green army?.. apart from new contracts to past it or unfit cloggers like Williams, Chadwick and Feeney.
I see Hemmings has been released from Wolves, any signs or snippets from the club to let us know they are at least attempting to get talent in the club? No just the usual tumbleweed with the main focus of attention being an Argyle old boys v MAN UTD reserves old boys to divert the Aviva masses away from the fact that the club is doing tiddly squat to get quality in to get us out of this shite division.
Before we know it it will be only a few weeks till the season starts and as usual we will be signing the dross that no-one else wants, what about that Barnet player?, Invest in the team Brent or feck off.
lol!
Back to top Go down

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:12 pm

You youngsters - so impatient. Smile
Back to top Go down

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:16 pm

It is really early days, but it is worrying me a little that Fletcher has still not signed up or fecked off. The longer this uncertainty goes on the worse the players will be left at the bottom of the barrel.

If Mr Brent or Fletcher, if he's staying, think that we don't need too many more new players and signing up the ones who kept us up by the skin of our teeth last season will be enough to mount any kind of challenge, then we are in deep doo doo again. The managerial position needs sorting ASAP and then whoever is manager has to crack on and assemble a squad better than the one we have currently.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:18 pm

I'm still getting over the excitement of the Fenney extension, feck me he must be really cheap.
Back to top Go down

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Was having this very same conversation with my mate today as we went to Home Park o sign up for the new season ourselves. You know Fletcher is going to be our manager, I know he is, he knows he is and so does Brent so all this dilly dallying about is doing nobody any good. We need that resolved now and for Argyle to be making offers to the wanted list. It may be the closed season but the supporters need a boost and it wouldn't do the ticket sales any harm either to see some movement.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:26 pm

You're probably right SG, but I think we can guarantee that if that is the scenario, the manager will be doing the job at a Brent price. He'll hold out as long as possible but I doubt he has much in the way of other options and JB knows that.

Of course when it's announced it will all be sweetness and light.
Back to top Go down

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:47 pm

I'm not interested if it is a Brent price or twice the going rate to be honest. I want to see something happen and for players to be approached to come here. A decent signing now could do wonders for the queue at the ticket office. Incidently I was there around 12.15 today. We were on our own and another bloke turned up as we had just about finished. The sales of tickets might have been encouraging but the next 1000 tickets are only going to trickle off the converyor belt and not fly.
Back to top Go down

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Clubs are releasing players left right and centre at the moment and early birds catch worms,from the pick of those players that are available.Maybe Argyle are chasing players,who knows.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Don't hold your breath, I would say. The club has to be sustainable you know, and spending too much money is tantamount to cheating. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm neither asking nor expecting them to spend too much money PlymptonGreen. Some might not be a bad thing just to keep everyone interested. The right signing right now might even pay for itself in season tickets.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I'm neither asking nor expecting them to spend too much money PlymptonGreen. Some might not be a bad thing just to keep everyone interested. The right signing right now might even pay for itself in season tickets.

I was being a tad facetious. It's Pilgrim by the way, not Green. You're forgiven though.
Back to top Go down

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Profuse appologies PlymptonPILGRIM. That's what comes of having a memory like a goldfish. I did realise the irony in your post but I'm getting fidgetty with all this anticipation.

Bit like sex with the wife after 50 years of marriage. Prolonged pre-season, slow progress and then you wonder why you bought a ticket and got all excited at the end. cheers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:42 pm

This is what the brent lovers will be saying through the summer of non-activity...

"It's only June be patient"
"It's only July be patient"
"It's only August be patient"
"it's only September..we can still sign loan players.....be patient"

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Profuse appologies PlymptonPILGRIM. That's what comes of having a memory like a goldfish. I did realise the irony in your post but I'm getting fidgetty with all this anticipation.

Bit like sex with the wife after 50 years of marriage. Prolonged pre-season, slow progress and then you wonder why you bought a ticket and got all excited at the end. cheers

Very good. Smile

Nothing to make any of us moist at the moment, certainly. Shocked
Back to top Go down

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Not going to form an opinion yet, because who knows, we might announce a signing tomorrow.

If no signings/confirmations/snippets of news are made within the next 2 weeks, then it will be time to worry
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Block4Green wrote:
Not going to form an opinion yet, because who knows, we might announce a signing tomorrow.

If no signings/confirmations/snippets of news are made within the next 2 weeks, then it will be time to worry

You'll be alright, at your age you're permanently moist.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Obviously waiting for Didier Drogba
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Football contracts traditionally end on June 30th. So there is unlikely to be much activity before then. Even players who get released are going to be paid up until the end of June, and the ones that are any good (e.g. McLeod) are going to have a few clubs after them and so are unlikely to make a decision as to who to sign for until end of June at the earliest. Furthermore it's probably best in most cases to wait to see what else becomes available - no use signing some players early, only to find that better ones become available a few weeks later.

After the Euros will be the time when the majority of transfer activity will start to happen. Lets not start fretting now.

The Fletcher contract delay is, as someone else has already said, almost certainly due to Brent playing hard-ball with salary/contract negotiations. That's fine as long as Brent has someone to take Fletcher's place lined up should a deal not be done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Please Sensible NO!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
swampy

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:25 am

Block4Green wrote:

Hardly a transfer is made by the first week of June anywhere Cobi. The season finishes, playeers go on holiday, they are paid to the end of June. That is when they start to look at offers, when clubs see exactly who is available and the majority of players signed by most clubs happen nearer mid July to mid August.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:58 am

There's a decent African midfielder living in the flat below me.

He plays foe AEK Larnaca.They don't pay much. Who are the scouts for the club these days anyway ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:12 am

Tringreen wrote:

He plays foe AEK Larnaca.They don't pay much. Who are the scouts for the club these days anyway ?

Flat? FLAT?

I had visions of you parading around a Palacial Residence king with cascading waterfalls, helicopter pad, multiple infinity pools with beachside frontage with private jetty where your Princess Yacht has a staff of 12 on permanent standby, should you decide to go for a spin...

Laughing lol!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:48 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Flat? FLAT?

I had visions of you parading around a Palacial Residence king with cascading waterfalls, helicopter pad, multiple infinity pools with beachside frontage with private jetty where your Princess Yacht has a staff of 12 on permanent standby, should you decide to go for a spin...

Laughing lol!

Haha ! My online persona again ! We 'rent' a 3 bed apartment [the penthouse of course] in town, with huge balconies. No pool, much to our daughter's displeasure.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:17 am

Tringreen wrote:

It doesn't matter which continent he's from you damned racist ignorant pig.

EDIT: Tell him to ask for a trial at PAFC. That's how Halmosi/Timar came to fruition.

Work permit issues?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

Signings ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signings ?   Signings ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Signings ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next