Rickler
Chemical Ali
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:06 am

Thai green wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Thai green wrote:
hahaha knecht, I should not be doing your thinking for you, work it out as I did,

Hi Tg,

As a general rule on ATD, the act of "PONTYficating" meaning "I know something you don't, and I am not going to tell you, but I want you to know that I know...." has been considered in poor taste.

But each to their own...

Anyway... I am not as smart as you and I think it was the President. But I would be disapponted if that was the case? Could you just confirm that 'Windsor Boy" isn't Chris, so that the ugly shadow of suspicion can be removed?

Thank you.

Hi Rickler, what is this, 'general rules ' on ATD, what I like and no doubt you like is the freedom to post here, of course there has to be some rules re the serious subjects like race, religion etc but 'poor taste' has been written and seen on here since the beginning. I did not say, if you read my posts , that I know something you don't know, I said clearly I had put 2 and 2 together and made what I believe is 4. Not those exact words but that is what I meant. I said anybody else can do the same as I did. Of course I had a bit of a grievance with W.B. But after the posts were wiped clean by someone it was more difficult to go back to check.

I agree with you that those who that say "I know something you don't " are not being pleasant or helpful to say the least. What I said was I had worked something out myself, it's my theory, I stick to what I worked out but I also said earlier I believe anybody can work out these things if they are like-minded. I do believe others do know who he was. You ARE as smart as me I am sure, your guess or hunch may be as good as mine, I have not said who I believe it is as I await HIM to come clean himself which I believe in time he will. It does not go away does it?

For what it's worth I agree with you, IF it was The President I would be VERY disappointed, as he has denied it to me anyway So that would be very wrong ! An ugly shadow does hang over Windsor Boy's identity as I see it. But maybe I am just very annoyed with him as others apologised which was correct. He did not and it caused division and problems in the Internet fan base for some time.

Sorry,

My sarcasm didn't really work --
Regarding a "general rule on ATD..." Substitute with "a rule of thumb regarding normal ATD etiquette"...

Thanks for your considered reply, but I'm still confused...

Basically... Do you think Windsor Boy was Chris Webb? Yes or no?

Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:06 am

Great post GJ.
Ricks, I'm prob not in the know as much as TG, but I think yes.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:22 am

Nice work Greenjock

Of course a new mantra that seems to be catching on is the 'all I'm bothered about is turning up watching a match and suporting the team which ever 11 players are put out'.

Whilst that statement is undoubtably true for alot of people it is gaining momentum as the go-to excuse (it's the new 'at least we have a club') to defend whatever new mishap and cockup visited upon the good ship Argyle
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:35 am

Good point Dougie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 am

It just sickens me to see so many people glad to accept the crap we've witnessed over the past few seasons and defend the manager signing up the same squad again, which must have used up the competitive budget.

The 2 players needed most of all are still missing, but hey we're going to be difficult to beat ffs. My Nan could keep us up this season, so are we going for promotion or is it another season of consolidation? If it is consolidation then just say so and then anyone thinking about buying a membership can decide if they want another season of turgid defending for 89 minutes and hoping to sneak one from a penalty or corner or not.

This buy more memberships to strengthen to team is a bit naughty really, just like the big announcement was on Monday.

Don't swallow this shit and keep rolling out the happy just to have a team bollocks.

Brents laughing all the way to the bank and keeps moving the goalposts.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:00 am

Yes indeed. Very good post Jock. Couldn't have put it better myself Wink

There is something, deep down, that grates with me through the mindless compliance shown by Pasoti types. It has done for years Rolling Eyes

It really has driven a wedge between on the one side, my deep rooted addiction and belief in PAFC and my 21st century reality check.

Of course, the Aviva boys are being led by the nose these days, by the likes of Webb n Newell because there are silly hats at stake. jocolor

ps If Webb is Windsor Boy he has to resign. Mind you, Napoleon has the front to continue in the public gaze despite his nefarious activities having been exposed recently. I wonder how many smile to his face but.......................................

Here's an appropriate tune for those who lurk in the shadows whilst presenting as Mr Goodguy. Don't you just love the suits and dance routines of the soul era ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:06 am

IF it was The President I would be VERY disappointed, as he has denied it to me anyway

Basically... Do you think Windsor Boy was Chris Webb? Yes or no?

id say that was a no
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:36 am

That was an excellent post GJ please bend over I have something for you. Very Happy I think the main points that need to be raised presently are these; I am 50 years old I don't give a shit whether we play in a home made shirt or even training tops, I am not turned on by Nike, Adidas or Puma. What I do care about is that we do our best on the pitch. As GJ says this is another season of consolidation, if JB believes otherwise, step aside and give the chair to Peter Jones because you are totally deluded. If we are going to have to wait for a new player until we sell enough tickets we will see a chicken and egg situation developing, fans waiting for a decent player won't buy a ticket unless we get another crock, can we blame them for that?
Ps I don't think that JB is deluded I just thinks we are all completely thick.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:20 am

"Ps I don't think that JB is deluded I just thinks we are all completely thick."

Harry spotted that from the start, that's why he promised his puppets the keys to the executive toilets for services rendered.
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 am

shonbo wrote:
Great post GJ.

In the know, how ? I do not know or have met and talked to anyone on Pasoti bar 1 person I was at Primary school with 55 years ago, I am not in any clique, group or Fanfest, I have not attended any of the meetings except the Trust AGM 2012, first meeting for me and very interesting.( and I did see a few people there I was able to put names to ).

I 'thought' ' yes too to your question based on what I deduced, but after mentioning it once on a forum, Mr Webb said he had never posted as anybody but himself or The President. That was clear to me, but why do I still have doubts about W.B., because it must be one of maybe 4 or 5 maximum. This subject started when I asked Lee ( see above post re Lee moving on and accepting things in the past were wrong, I believe this to be a very positive move for Lee) ) if he knew W.B., if he did maybe W.B.could man up and come clean. All I know is The President made it clear to me in writing it was not him. ( I am sure he was upset that I had raised the subject but to me it was a stone left unturned.) I wanted to try, at that time, to flush out who W.B. was, I do believe a few Pasoti Mods know, that is also my hunch based on being aware due to their friendship to the posters on that thread. These mods,maybe, are people who are not mods now.

I have my strong ' feeling' , hunch or guess based on deduction, it might be wrong but it helped me at the time focus on who, why and why W.B. did not apologise as others did. I have said clearly on here I have worked it out ( in my mind ) who I believe W.B. is, I will wait and see for now. If I read something in a pm that confirms my guess, hunch or 'feeling' I would try to clarify the situation. Others can and will work it out for sure that is up to them, I was inviting them to do so by saying " if I can work out who I believe W.B. is then so can you."

Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:50 am

Thai green wrote:
shonbo wrote:
Great post GJ.

In the know, how ?

Well more in the know than me cherry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:24 pm

And of course, apart from the massive backlog of wages hanging around the club's neck, the 55% of turnover rule also gives an advantage to those L2 clubs that own their own ground outright... must be a few of those in our league... what a shame harry sold it clown as the rent now has to come out of the turnover and hence the playing budget. All in all it doesn't add up to a competitive budget in my eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:22 pm

I think that this using the "I just want the matchday experience" as somehow proof that people are accepting of the standard of the football is just wrong. I have said that it is the matchday thing I enjoy. That is nowhere near saying that whatever the club puts out as entertainment is ok or that it doesn't matter who Argyle sign or who is missing. Everyone has an opinion on the latter and I have commented on both aspects of going to the matches and who I think, or rather what positions, we need people in. I have also criticised the fare on offer. Just because I still want to go doesn't mean I'm being led by the nose and cannot see the same things others see. How patronising is that as a suggestion.

The number of posters on pasoti, because that is what is mainly criticised, who seem to just glow at any snippet of information these days are few. How many are there? 15, 20 maybe. This hardly gives Brent the idea that we are all thick and accepting of anything. If he genuinely does think that on so few then he is hardly the shrewd business person everyone, including the sceptics, think he is. The idea that he can just give out a "silly hat" as it's described and it is the answer to filling the ground is ludicrous. Does anyone really believe he is that niave.

To take up Penz point about other debts for the clubs income to address and rent for the ground being paid. Does anyone really think that only say 45% of income is spent on players wages because of the above. The other 10% being dished out of the budget to deal with past issues. I doubt this very much and would be fairly confident that all of the 55% allowed would go on what it is allowed for. All other clubs would use the same 55% of their income in the same way. Given our income from gate receipts is potentially higher than a lot this would give us a competetive budget compared to many. The difference with Argyle is that another owner elsewhere might pay £150k out of their own pocket to buy a player whereas Brent has said as good as that he won't. This though has little or nothing to do with the 55% as far as I'm aware.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Brent:

"This is a big club and we will provide the financial support that it needs to get it back to the level at which it should perform\". James Brent,on takeover of the club.

Webb: WE have the[very exciting] chance to build OUR club.............. or words to that effect.

Newell: There will be no walleted directors.

Sounds to me like Harry does think he can hand out a few silly hats and the fabled Green Army will do the rest for him. He'll be able to get on with his day job in Central Park etc. and if the fans spend enough and the club does rise through the leagues, it will still be his club.

Trouble is, only the terminally tinted will turn up out of habit, the bucket rattlers will get RSI and nobody else will be interested, no matter how many exciting membership options, cheap tickets and free pasties are on offer.

Some of the missing 10k from a few years ago will buy into a winning side and even more would arrive if there was an element of cash backed ambition.

The present policy just won't work...............but it will keep the club's head above water. Keep digging into your pockets boys and in a few years we might have cleared the fine gentleman's debts for him.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Just waiting for the news of the community projects Harry promised as a quid pro quo for the Green Taverners fundraising commercial contract
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Brent:

"This is a big club and we will provide the financial support that it needs to get it back to the level at which it should perform\". James Brent,on takeover of the club.

Webb: WE have the[very exciting] chance to build OUR club.............. or words to that effect.

Sounds to me like Harry does think he can hand out a few silly hats and the fabled Green Army will do the rest for him. He'll be able to get on with his day job in Central Park etc. and if the fans spend enough and the club does rise through the leagues, it will still be his club.

Trouble is, only the terminally tinted will turn up out of habit, the bucket rattlers will get RSI and nobody else will be interested, no matter how many exciting membership options, cheap tickets and free pasties are on offer.

Some of the missing 10k from a few years ago will buy into a winning side and even more would arrive if there was an element of cash backed ambition.

The present policy just won't work...............but it will keep the club's head above water. Keep digging into your pockets boys and in a few years we might have cleared the fine gentleman's debts for him.

The present policy of organic growth did work though under Paul Stapleton and co. Nic Warren put money into the club on the development side,but on the playing side it was free transfers all around.The big difference was that we had a manager with a proven record of getting clubs promoted on piss poor budgets.Every owners dream.History may repeat itself.We will find out in the next couple of months.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:30 pm

oddball wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Brent:

The present policy of organic growth did work though under Paul Stapleton and co. Nic Warren put money into the club on the development side,but on the playing side it was free transfers all around.The big difference was that we had a manager with a proven record of getting clubs promoted on piss poor budgets.Every owners dream.History may repeat itself.We will find out in the next couple of months.

But Fletch hasnee unearthed any wee nuggets yet . Maybe he should speak Jock, or just say anything lucid at all ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 pm

You haven't seen them play yet Tring so how do you know there aren't any wee nuggets? Oh I forgot, you don't see them play do you so it's unlikely. Sure somebody will let you know.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:35 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
You haven't seen them play yet Tring so how do you know there aren't any wee nuggets? Oh I forgot, you don't see them play do you so it's unlikely. Sure somebody will let you know.

Tis true. I tend to listen to one or two trusted reporters on here.

I saw them play at Oxford last year Sad and reported back that Luke Young looked the stand out player with potential. Mind you, the rest were hopeless.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:25 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

yooouuuummmm naaaaat praaaaaaaper faan lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:55 am

Taken from the farm.

- why else would you travel 300 miles to stand in the rain and clap Warren Feeney if you weren't completely irrational.

lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 am

Can't help thinking that if somehow we did get promoted this season, the vast majority of these 195 posts on this thread would be irelevant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:28 am

This is the bit of Harry's plan that gets me as well.
Quote :
the fabled Green Army will do the rest for him. He'll be able to get on with his day job in Central Park etc. and if the fans spend enough and the club does rise through the leagues, it will still be his club.
It seems to me some rich man who has always done rugby if anything, thinks he can just sit down on the assetless club, get it to pay off any debts all alone without the slightest intention ofcontributing, let a few idiots swing around on seats with armchairs, and then sell it on for £2m, if the 400K is anything to go by. It really is quite naughty, and a far cry from what was trailed as a joint rescue package from the Council and a reluctant local developer who had no interest in football whatsoever. AND, he gets to make ALL the decisions in the meantime, and who knows, might even oversee a slow departure of some of the paid staff to be replaced by his volunteers who will be lauded for their charitable aims and love lorn feelings for the club.. Talk about letting something lay fallow. this could be worse than the lost generations.
I wouldn't mind so much even then, except it now appears very favourable conditions have been set for council assets elsewhere in the city.
Did I fall aslep on the job and wake up in a country where all hard won and publicly built assets are just being handed over to the local cash hounds for next to nothing ? It's like some TV series going back in time.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:53 am

Penz wrote:
This is the bit of Harry's plan that gets me as well.
Quote :
the fabled Green Army will do the rest for him. He'll be able to get on with his day job in Central Park etc. and if the fans spend enough and the club does rise through the leagues, it will still be his club.
It seems to me some rich man who has always done rugby if anything, thinks he can just sit down on the assetless club, get it to pay off any debts all alone without the slightest intention ofcontributing, let a few idiots swing around on seats with armchairs, and then sell it on for £2m, if the 400K is anything to go by. It really is quite naughty, and a far cry from what was trailed as a joint rescue package from the Council and a reluctant local developer who had no interest in football whatsoever. AND, he gets to make ALL the decisions in the meantime, and who knows, might even oversee a slow departure of some of the paid staff to be replaced by his volunteers who will be lauded for their charitable aims and love lorn feelings for the club.. Talk about letting something lay fallow. this could be worse than the lost generations.
I wouldn't mind so much even then, except it now appears very favourable conditions have been set for council assets elsewhere in the city.
Did I fall aslep on the job and wake up in a country where all hard won and publicly built assets are just being handed over to the local cash hounds for next to nothing ? It's like some TV series going back in time.

But we are lucky to still have a club !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:50 am

Who would buy the club in the future though? What would they get for their money?The council own the ground, and the club carpark is owned by the James Brent pension fund.Could be an eternal white elephant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big news tomorrow?
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next