Mock Cuncher
mouldyoldgoat
Rickler
Chemical Ali
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Well said Mr Sensible.
This president big hat thing is all a bit like the Clegg thing, and not the Summmer wine variety. That false left of centre so called Liberal politician would carry on regardless if he could, until his grass roots scream no more. It sounds like they're having their effect on that particular collaborator at last. No one person can say they reprsent anyone if they don't follow the lead of their grass root constituency.
No adulation without representation.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Mr President wrote:
Where in anyway have I had anything to do with todays announcements?

Plausible deniability-the refuge of scoundrels the world over.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Mr President wrote:
I've counted at least 4 or 5 'first time in football' ideas that the Club is unveiling this summer. Exciting times ahead.

What are they then?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Greenjock wrote:
freshly pulled goats milk.

You mean the one you met the night before?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Well I for one sincerely hope that The President/Cowdery have taken the reaction to todays events fully on board. The reaction from their "Wing" of the Argyle support has made it abundantly clear that they will no longer tolerate the sexing up of nothing news coming out of Harry Towers.
It is shallow non substantive propaganda of the highest order, they may well believe in their own deluded sense of grandeur but the natives are not swallowing it anymore.

When the like of Greengenes is airing negative vibes on the farm you know you are in trouble.

Less of the spin and bullshit please the good folk you fellas are preaching to have had enough of it!

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
Well I for one sincerely hope that The President/Cowdrey have taken todays events fully on board. The reaction from their "Wing" of the Argyle support have made it abundantly clear that they will no longer tolerate the sexing up of nothing news coming out of Harry Towers.
It is shallow non substantive propaganda of the highest order, they may well believe in their own deluded sense of grandeur but the natives are not swallowing it anymore.

When the like of Greengenes is airing negative vibes on the farm you know you are in trouble.

Less of the spin and bullshit please the good folk you fellas are preaching to have had enough of it!

Too true.

If they lose the belief of the Aviva tribesmen, they'll be up the Ganges without a paddle.

Brent Sahib won't be happy No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
Well I for one sincerely hope that The President/Cowdrey have taken todays events fully on board. The reaction from their "Wing" of the Argyle support have made it abundantly clear that they will no longer tolerate the sexing up of nothing news coming out of Harry Towers.

Too true.

If they lose the belief of the Aviva tribesmen, they'll be up the Ganges without a paddle.

The Aviva tribesmen, Tring I know you regard me as one of those loyal footmen but I have always said what I beleive and that can get you into trouble.

Today was a PR mistake but that was today and as long as that same mistake does not happen again we should drop it.

Many things that happen at the club don't please me, but what I have learnt is to pull back and not get involved. I beleive there is more political clouds over PL2 3DQ then ever before. However these clouds do not come from within the board room, I firmly beleive those dark clouds come from outside the board room.

I have great admiration for James Brent, Peter Jones and others, it must also be said that Jason Turner does a great job and Rick over the last few months has deserved his wage.

I will never forget that James saved the club, but I for one am no foot man for anybody!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
freshly pulled goats milk.

You mean the one you met the night before?

I couldn't think how to describe goats milk that had been taken from the goat without saying milked milk, pulled seemed to describe how it is extracted lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Today was a PR mistake but that was today and as long as that same mistake does not happen again we should drop it.

How many times have we heard this one? "Yes mistakes were made, but we must never ever mention it again. With a bit of luck, that will mean it will be forgotten by the next time we do exactly the same thing. By the way, give us some cash; if you don't it's your fault that we're shite."

Also, while Mr President is around, any news on that IP address? Or is that on the list of things never to be mentioned again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Just had another look at the other site thread about the big announcement. The, lets call them easy going posters, people who normally back everything that is put out by the club and associated personnel who kicked off earlier in the day are now it seems backtracking and almost appologising for being less than happy previously. Does Rupert post on here? Apparently nobody should be upset about anything today according to him and as if by way of compensation, wait for it........., you can read a really good interview with James Brent in tomorrows WMN and Herald. Now having been set up for one lot of disappointment I am slightly sceptical if I should get excited about this or not. Probably or not I suspect.

I don't care how many people go on whatever site and backtrack their condemnation expressed previously. I will ask again Mr President, are you going to tell the Board and Mr Brent what a cock up today was and how the supporters, who you state you represent, feel about it? A simple yes or no will do.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I don't care how many people go on whatever site and backtrack their condemnation expressed previously. I will ask again Mr President, are you going to tell the Board and Mr Brent what a cock up today was and how the supporters, who you state you represent, feel about it? A simple yes or no will do.

You big bully, you....
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Too true.

The Aviva tribesmen, Tring I know you regard me as one of those loyal footmen but I have always said what I beleive and that can get you into trouble.

Many things that happen at the club don't please me, but what I have learnt is to pull back and not get involved. I beleive there is more political clouds over PL2 3DQ then ever before. However these clouds do not come from within the board room, I firmly beleive those dark clouds come from outside the board room.

I have great admiration for James Brent, Peter Jones and others, it must also be said that Jason Turner does a great job and Rick over the last few months has deserved his wage.

I will never forget that James saved the club, but I for one am no foot man for anybody!

I have never regarded you as a mere Aviva footsoldier Lee.

You have hidden depths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Another monumental cock up today in a long line of monumental cock ups...Yes I remember Cowderys famous "attack on the fans" post of a while back,now more piss taking via "Big News"...there even alienating diehard fans like greengenes FFS.you couldn't make this lot up...
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:43 pm

After reading this thread (and others), I really couldn't give a tom (tit).

The only "news" that I'm waiting for is that we have gained 3 points; are in the next round of the (any) cup; or are live on <insert channel here>!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:47 pm

You are signed on here Mr President because I've just looked. I am a paying customer having already forked out a wedge for my ticket so how about being a President and answering a question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:19 pm

And off he went without so much as a goodbye let alone an answer. I don't blame you for today's non news fiasco but I do blame you for being the most unPresidential President in history. You really ought to resign Mr Webb because you will never get the hang of this Presidential lark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
After reading this thread (and others), I really couldn't give a tom (tit).

The only "news" that I'm waiting for is that we have gained 3 points; are in the next round of the (any) cup; or are live on <The Comedy Channel>!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:30 pm

charleymouse wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:

How many times have we heard this one? "Yes mistakes were made, but we must never ever mention it again. With a bit of luck, that will mean it will be forgotten by the next time we do exactly the same thing. By the way, give us some cash; if you don't it's your fault that we're shite."

Also, while Mr President is around, any news on that IP address? Or is that on the list of things never to be mentioned again?

Perhaps Postcode could supply it to our mods as a reciprocal favour after Andygate Laughing
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
. I beleive there is more political clouds over PL2 3DQ then ever before. However these clouds do not come from within the board room, I firmly beleive those dark clouds come from outside the board room.
Sorry to isolate this section from your (otherwise excellent) post Lee but I can't help but find that somewhat interesting.

Do you mean petty politics amongst the fans- GASB vs Trust, the message board splits and alliances which are somewhat similar to the factionalism in the early Bolshevik party? If you do, then I'm with you all the way.

Or do you mean political clouds hovering directly over the club? As in, political divides within the club and (non-boardroom) staff. People may say it's not our business particularly as it isn't a boardroom split, and they'd be right I guess but that's a hell of an interesting thing to say...or am I reading too much into it? I can't help but think of Fletcher's comment that "certain people in and around the club" wanting us to fail at the end of last season after we stayed up.

I don't like the sound of this one bit.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 am

Sensible I think its unlikely you'll get a response from Chris. I imagine he will have consulted with Harry/ the board and some feel good apology story will be published which Chris will advertise. This is a similar senario to the gasboard notices that were available at the ground and a couple of dozen people took them.

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:34 am

I agree that I probably won't get an answer. I haven't got an agenda unless asking a President to be what is written on the tin is one. My criticism before was that he treated one part of the fanbase differently to the others. It now seems that's been dealt with because he doesn't do anything for the one part anymore either. Said before that he was good in a fight but cannot do the peace bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 am

Webb appeared overnight on PAFC's related Internet sites and took up the challenge to lead the Trust, after that he helped to lead a campaign based mainly around the Internet that ensured that if there were any other potential purchasers other than James Brent they would have been put off after witnessing smear campaigns, the encouraging of fans to spam email accounts and to jam up telephone switchboards.

The minute James Brent signed on the dotted line Webb conveniently resigned from his role as Trust leader to take up the position as President that was so graciously handed out by James Brent as a "gift", along with his Internet sidekick, friend, fellow smear campaigner, Internet character creator and owner of the clubs largest Internet fans forum that was also handed a gift in the form of a convenient parking space as well as a seat in various directors boxes. - Meanwhile these same characters have been involved in creating false Internet accounts and web sites to undermine anything or anyone that has potential to question the acts of the themselves, the club and its owner to the point where some have alleged that criminal behavior could be suspected and that our new owner, Brent, has formed friendly relationships with characters that have been described as employing the tactics of Internet thuggery.

So can you blame Webb for continuing a campaign of bullshit when you consider that he's managed to convince the largest PAFC group of Internet users and most gullible fans that exist in this solar system, that his integrity is upstanding and his motives sincere?

And don't forget folks, "we have a very readable and encouraging James Brent interview in the Herald and the WMN coming up" and that's straight from Argyle's No1 used to attend reporter, Rupes! - Remember, "PR people are all about getting their product etc being talked about, which appears they have done", well done all concerned!

Oh...

allegedly!

Last edited by GOB on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:11 am

Can you name the fellow "Internet sidekick, friend, fellow smear campaigner, Internet character creator and owner of the clubs largest Internet fans forum" or are you going to leave that to Tring and blame him for it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:25 am

Happy to humiliate you Ricks but rather than we drag this thread into the mire and pollute what is a good thread, how about we take it to Blocks 17 & 18?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:34 am

Judging by your recent behaviour, dragging threads into the mire obviously hasn't been much been of a concern of yours until now...

So anything you can say - which won't be much - you can say right here --

I'll pick it up tomorrow...

Humiliation... surely this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even you took your name of it...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big news tomorrow?   Big news tomorrow? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big news tomorrow?
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next