Freathy
Greenskin
Tgwu
Czarcasm
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Anyone going tomorrow? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Strange question for ATD but I did manage to get a ticket and few of us on the train down from Sherborne (1hour) tomorrow - got the London Pride in the cupboard and looking to add to the beerfest on arrival!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:47 pm

got better things to do to be honest like finishing off the carrot cake thats expiry date runs out sunday. Awful lot left at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:49 pm

I'll be passing on the M5 if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Strange question for ATD but I did manage to get a ticket and few of us on the train down from Sherborne (1hour) tomorrow - got the London Pride in the cupboard and looking to add to the beerfest on arrival!!
See if you can sneak aboard the Black Pasty and leave a deposit on the first table seat...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:02 pm

No chance i would attend this guff,i went last year to the same fixture and i really could not fathom at how the Avivas were getting so orgasmic over getting a draw at Exeter.
All aboard the Black Pasty jocolor 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
See if you can sneak aboard the Black Pasty and leave a deposit on the first table seat...
i like the cut of your jib lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Nope
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:31 pm

'fraid not,Banders.Unthinkable to miss this game a few years ago but only mild interest in it now.Probably play golf instead,far more enjoyable.Very sad to say this but i don't think i'm alone in feeling this way.But have a good day anyway and i still want Argyle to win in spite of everything.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Nope! And I wouldn't go if it as at home either. Long coastal path walk tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Greenskin wrote:
'fraid not,Banders.Unthinkable to miss this game a few years ago but only mild interest in it now.Probably play golf instead,far more enjoyable.Very sad to say this but i don't think i'm alone in feeling this way.But have a good day anyway and i still want Argyle to win in spite of everything.
Yep, golf holds far more interest than PAFC, and will do for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 11:38 pm

normally i would have been the first in line for tickets for a game like this but the sheep and their Sheppard are doing everything possible to ruin this club for their own means. Meaning its getting harder and harder for me to give a sh1 about the club.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 2:15 am

Not a chance. But if any of you golfers are playing at boringdon Park you could always chip a ball and hit Newells front room window or try and hit his car. Very Happy 

That would be a nice present for him when he gets home
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 5:28 am

I would've loved to have gone just to see if Newell had a welcome party as he stepped off the fat pasty bus but sadly I'm off to work.

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:38 am

I'm on the bus to Southampton railway station now, sincerely wishing that I hadn't bothered. Let's hope I'm eating my words later.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 am

GreenSam wrote:
I'm on the bus to Southampton railway station now, sincerely wishing that I hadn't bothered. Let's hope I'm eating my words later.
Don't worry, you won't be. I predict the 'performance' from hell today from the 'team'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:28 am

I will be listening to the match on the radio. The team needs to turn up for this one, I haven't tried to get a ticket but I'd take a free one if you're listening Nikk?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:57 am

I can remember getting up in what felt like the middle of the night to drive from Essex for a 12 noon KO at Exeter - and then having to shell out for a cab back to the park and ride, because we'd all been marched to the train station after the match, and driving back to Essex. That's how important all this used to be.

Today I will be mostly doing some educated wanker stuff, going to the supermarket, going for a long swim and possibly watching The Battle of the Bulge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:03 am

Yes, I'm going. Myself and about 6 friends have acquired tickets, albeit in the big wank,. After all, it was a late minute decision. I know of about 30 other greens that will be in the big wank from my old works place. I hope everything passes of peacefully. So, Sturtz, Tis, and Jabba - come and say hello.Razz 

This game, the home tie and the two Pompey games are the only ones that seemed to have stirred any interest in me this season.

Do I have any hope of a 3 points? Not really, but it's a derby, so anything can happen I suppose.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:25 am

Jello wrote:
Yes, I'm going. Myself and about 6 friends have acquired tickets, albeit in the big wank,. After all, it was a late minute decision. I know of about 30 other greens that will be in the big wank from my old works place. I hope everything passes of peacefully. So, Sturtz, Tis, and Jabba - come and say hello.Razz 

This game, the home tie and the two Pompey games are the only ones that seemed to have stirred any interest in me this season.

Do I have any hope of a 3 points? Not really, but it's a derby, so anything can happen I suppose.

Do post some photos so we can all see the great spectacle we're missing won't you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:46 am

Can you get me some autographs from the super fans please?jocolor 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 10:05 am

Jello wrote:

Spot on, I don't know anybody who is confident on this one, I awoke at 5-30 knackered, had me brekky out of a City bowl, drank me tea out of a city mug, then humped it up Lundin to earn a few quid. Excitement levels are admittedly higher than for most posters on here, but then again I remain to be convinced that many of them are actually Gargs at all, that would be somewhat on the low side in conjunction with still being knackered.

Doing a Neil Kinnock eh? Me. I have no problem with unsegregated footy, I watch a lot of Conf South and Ryman stuff and there is rarely a problem although it did kick off this season at the Maidstone vs Wealdstone, just a shame how a few wankers consistently ruin things for the sensible majority.

Let's hope everybody traveling does so safely and that the game passes off with plenty of banter and no violence, be interested to know if that fat feck is welcomed into the directors box, I know Red Star's seat is in the vicinity.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 12:14 pm

Freathy wrote:
Nope!  And I wouldn't go if it as at home either.  Long coastal path walk tomorrow.  
Real ale and a pasty at the end of it Sad Act ? I miss both, terribly.Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Nah,not gone today. Too much hassle for attending a match.

Got a few mates who have gone up today and fair play to them too. I hope they come home in a happy and cheerful mood ??.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Used to love this fixture back in the early 80's, when it was a rarity. It didn't matter that we were shit back then and Exeter were punching above their weight in the 3rd division, it was a fun day whatever the result.

Fast forward to the 'Devon express derby' or whatever the feck it's rebranded, the biggest must win fixture for stupid, planes flying over Sid James Park with idiotic messages, black pasty full of VIP idiots etc, I'd be too ashamed to take part in this idiotic spectacle.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Used to love this fixture back in the early 80's, when it was a rarity.  It didn't matter that we were shit back then and Exeter were punching above their weight in the 3rd division, it was a fun day whatever the result.

Fast forward to the 'Devon express derby' or whatever the feck it's rebranded, the biggest must win fixture for stupid, planes flying over Sid James Park with idiotic messages, black pasty full of VIP idiots etc, I'd be too ashamed to take part in this idiotic spectacle.
My feelings exactly Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going tomorrow?   Anyone going tomorrow? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone going tomorrow?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next