Tringreen
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

James Spray - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Cerbera wrote:
oddball wrote:
I think you can get a general idea of how the season is going to pan out regardless of whether a ball has been kicked or not.Lets say we had signed Izzy MaCleod from Barnet,the expectation would be there that he is going to score a few goals.However looking at the current forwards,with the exception of this Paris guy,you know pretty well what they are capable of.Chadders will score a few but will then get injured,Feeno will run and run but wont trouble the back of the net too often.We haven't got a target man as yet so any hoofs up the middle will come straight back.James Spray is not known for his goalscoring.So predictable,so village.

Tosh!

Izale was never ever coming here. Real world, and you were at the meeting at the CT, is that CF wants to play footy on the ground so the need for a big target man up front is........?

Wait and see. By November, if things are not going well I predict a new manager and progress. JB is not stupid, it's his money he's not going to waste it.

He certainly ain't stupid if he provides Fletcher with eight tenths of piss all to strengthen the team in the close season and then puts the blame on him if things aren't going well in November.Rather politically astute and self preserving,i would say.

BTW,if Argyle aren't going to play with a target man at all [which even good footballing sides do],why is Chadders still on the books?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Bt sensible, you're just repeating the same old mantra of the hindsight brigade.
They get to make the decisions, make the wrong ones, and when it goes belly up, they say it's easy to talk in hindsight... it goes on for ever. The squad is hopeles, and I don't see anything that suggests there's much new blood to talk about. It screams consolidation without relegation while other plans are progressed.
Looking at Argyle's movement in the transfer market so far and the attitude it must infer, it really does not match up with the Brent noises that he will 'fund' the Club to return to it's natutral level which is certainly out of this league.
How he intends to do that whilst also saying the club will be totally self financing is beyond me. I smell bullshit again, with a silky comment for every occasion.

Last edited by Penz on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
oddball wrote:
I think you can get a general idea of how the season is going to pan out regardless of whether a ball has been kicked or not.Lets say we had signed Izzy MaCleod from Barnet,the expectation would be there that he is going to score a few goals.However looking at the current forwards,with the exception of this Paris guy,you know pretty well what they are capable of.Chadders will score a few but will then get injured,Feeno will run and run but wont trouble the back of the net too often.We haven't got a target man as yet so any hoofs up the middle will come straight back.James Spray is not known for his goalscoring.So predictable,so village.

Tosh!

Izale was never ever coming here. Real world, and you were at the meeting at the CT, is that CF wants to play footy on the ground so the need for a big target man up front is........?

Wait and see. By November, if things are not going well I predict a new manager and progress. JB is not stupid, it's his money he's not going to waste it.

He certainly ain't stupid if he provides Fletcher with eight tenths of piss all to strengthen the team in the close season and then puts the blame on him if things aren't going well in November.Rather politically astute and self preserving,i would say.

BTW,if Argyle aren't going to play with a target man at all [which even good footballing sides do],why is Chadders still on the books?

To justify paying the medical team a wage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Penz wrote:
Bt sensible, you're just repeating the same old mantra of the hindsight brigade.
They get to make the decisions, make the wrong ones, and when it goes belly up, they say it's easy to talk in hindsight... it goes on for ever. The squad is hopeles, and I don't see anything that suggests there's much new blood to talk about. It screams consolidation without relegation while other plans are progressed.
Looking at Argyle's movement in the transfer market so far and the attitude it must infer, it really does not match up with the Brent noises that he will 'fund' the Club to return to it's natutral level which is certainly out of this league.
How he intends to do that whilst also saying the club will be totally self financing is beyond me. I smell bullshit again, with a silky comment for every occasion.
Penz... Quite agree,I can never understand the logic behind some of James Brent's comments.On the one hand he is saying "funding will be provided to get the club back to its natural level" yet he appears to contradict this statement by saying on the other hand."the club must be self financing,must not spend more than it earns".
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:10 pm

If there are mixed messages from brent all the actual evidence to date points decidely to him not spending on the team. Therefore brent is nothing more than the latest in the long line of useless incumbents who have kept Argyle crap. Yet the Avivas worship him.

BRENT OUT NOW!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:05 pm

For some it's a bit like the Queen song "I want it all and I want it now" but for others there is a bit more patience with Brent is about as far as most adoration goes. He hasn't been here long and it was timely whatever his motives. I'm just prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt now. Not forever, just now. I won't condemn a bunch of players until they warrant condemning and as they haven't kicked off the season yet it seems slightly premature is all. Hands up those that thought the Sturrock side in the first stint and first promotion were going to end up champions that year after the first couple of games. If you put your hand up you are lying. There is always griping about Brent's off field business ventures also. Be honest, we always knew there was going to be development as part of any deal which there has proved to be. Why the shock and horror now then. He is only doing what was expected from the start and it was hardly a secret.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:47 am

The thing that unites us all (and I mean all football fans) is no matter how critical or optimistic any of us appear on forums such as this we all start the season with unbridled HOPE that this is the season and a good start will be continued and the expectation that builds is actually fulfilled by success.

Occasionally that happens and makes it all worthwhile...for a bit Very Happy

I'm HOPING for success next season but I'm certainly not expecting it.
Back to top Go down
Harry the Dog

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:08 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
For some it's a bit like the Queen song "I want it all and I want it now" but for others there is a bit more patience with Brent is about as far as most adoration goes. He hasn't been here long and it was timely whatever his motives. I'm just prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt now. Not forever, just now. I won't condemn a bunch of players until they warrant condemning and as they haven't kicked off the season yet it seems slightly premature is all. Hands up those that thought the Sturrock side in the first stint and first promotion were going to end up champions that year after the first couple of games. If you put your hand up you are lying. There is always griping about Brent's off field business ventures also. Be honest, we always knew there was going to be development as part of any deal which there has proved to be. Why the shock and horror now then. He is only doing what was expected from the start and it was hardly a secret.

Quite right. We've been waiting a 125 years for something to happen, so what's the rush?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:21 am

Harry the Dog wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Quite right. We've been waiting a 125 years for something to happen, so what's the rush?

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:48 am

oddball wrote:
Penz wrote:
Penz... Quite agree,I can never understand the logic behind some of James Brent's comments.On the one hand he is saying "funding will be provided to get the club back to its natural level" yet he appears to contradict this statement by saying on the other hand."the club must be self financing,must not spend more than it earns".

I'm trying to be patient but as the clock ticks down the more convinced I am that Brent is just yet another pish taker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 am

oddball wrote:
Cerbera.. One fan's Tosh is another Fans POV.Didn't mean literally that MaCleod was coming here,just using him as an example . The expectation would be there if we were to sign a proven goalscorer at this level.Talk is cheap and James Brent & Peter Jones merely said what fans wanted to hear.Argyle with the exception of the Shilton years have never been a good passing team.Even Sturrock's team first time around relied on getting as many crosses into the penalty box as possible.They weren't a great passing side,yet all of a sudden we are going to be passing the ball around like West Ham.Thats with exactly the same players that could hardly string three passes together last season.Thats going to be some transformation.

I know, I can't wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Christ Harry the Dog you are a bit on the old side if you've been waiting that long. I'm not talking total history I'm talking about the Brent era. He hasn't been here long as said and nothing like 125 years. Of course people want the dream and I, after 50 years, want it just as much as anyone else. Owners come and owners go and all I have left after years of despair is hope that this time will be the one to do it. It's all any set of supporters have unfortunately because the chances of us ever having the money to make it happen ourselves is less than remote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:27 pm

There will always be those that get fobbed off with the 'jam tomorrow' routine, god knows enough elites and religions thrive on it as a way of life. Funny how they themselves always manage the jam today. They must get up extremely early.
I'm more of a 'live in the present' man myself, we don't come this way often enough to listen to rather dubious promises of future happiness.
If Harry Corbett doesn't come up with something half interesting, half the crowd will smell a rat. It's not looking good so far, and there is no point whatsoever in comparing having a football club with not having a football club, like some are. Mainly due to what seems a very complex joint bid that certainly wasn't considered a private sector solution by PCC, we have a club, and a squire that has proudly anounced he will provide. So, provide ! or move on... this assetless club is worth very little, and is now in range of many more pockets than it once was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Penz wrote:
There will always be those that get fobbed off with the 'jam tomorrow' routine, god knows enough elites and religions thrive on it as a way of life. Funny how they themselves always manage the jam today. They must get up extremely early.
I'm more of a 'live in the present' man myself, we don't come this way often enough to listen to rather dubious promises of future happiness.

There are many who would say that "heaven" is all around and all you have to do is recognise that and you will be happy with what you have. That is the way in which you can truly live in the present.

flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:48 pm

The Club may be in the price range of more people Penz but just buying it isn't the answer unless you have other money to "do it up".

I'm not a businessman and haven't got a lot of idea how to run a company etc but there does seem to be a simple logic in some things. If this club has no assets and is worth so little, why would I buy it, spend my money on it to improve it and then sell it on to somebody with more money to do the same without anything other than my money disappearing as a reward?

knecht you are getting far too deep there.
Back to top Go down
Harry the Dog

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Well, Sensible, the Brent era is only just underway. Having put his toe in the water last season I see why he might reluctant to throw money into the Club. Let's be honest, the standard in this league is pretty average so there might be some argument that not that much spending is needed to see us over that average line. Essentially, Brent is not an Argyle supporter, he's come into the fold by default and I doubt he will ever feel the same about Argyle as you do. For him its a straightforward business opportunity to which he will apply "reasoned" business methods. He's all we've got for the mo. We can like it or lump it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:09 pm

knecht wrote:
Penz wrote:

There are many who would say that "heaven" is all around and all you have to do is recognise that and you will be happy with what you have. That is the way in which you can truly live in the present.

flower

I think John Lennon imagined many scenarios including there being no heaven.
I am pretty happy in my heaven. It's Argyle that are the bent nail in the knot.
Like it or not, supporting a competitive football team is living afternoons by proxy. I want to be represented by someone who does me justice.
There is no heaven in continual failure that you yourself have no control over ...... or Southway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:45 pm

"Southway"?
Is there another way
To look for truth in all this craziness?

Lennon?
His views of heaven were right on.
Lord Siddhartha was the truth and who needs less?.

Sensible
Says I'm far too deep
Looking for truth in all this mess.

Seriously,
There is no reason
That we should go through another season

Like before.......

(Sorry this should be on the 'Friday poetry' thread but .... whatever....)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Cannot be bothered reading through 4 pages of shit, (on pasoti there is 6 pages of the excrement) can anyone confirm or deny if this player is signing or not?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:56 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Cannot be bothered reading through 4 pages of shit, (on pasoti there is 6 pages of the excrement) can anyone confirm or deny if this player is signing or not?

His record is pretty shit, so I'd say there's a fair chance...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:12 pm

You should know by now punchdrunk that on here there are 3 pages out of 4 at least about other shit and only up to 1 page of 4 about the subject shit. The excitement is finding a subject within the subject completely about another subject. I think.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
You should know by now punchdrunk that on here there are 3 pages out of 4 at least about other shit and only up to 1 page of 4 about the subject shit. The excitement is finding a subject within the subject completely about another subject. I think.......

Ye i kinda know what you mean, the problem is pasoti is even worse, and this place has become pretty bad since the cherry tree cabal infiltrated, hardly worth bothering anymore
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Can we have a countdown clock to July 1st when all the out of contract players sign for us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:35 am

A smuggled picture of the Cherry Tree Cabal in full flow (bugger smuggling out a recording - this is an actual picture!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Sprago just had a weeks trial with ASDA ( the Tesco rumour came to nothing) they did not offer him a contract so he will be signing for argyle on monday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Spray
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next