Tringreen
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:54 pm

According to the Wolverhapton rag we are in talks with released Wolves forward James Spray. He's 19 and 6 foot tall and has played 3 games on loan for Accrington and one sub appearance for Wolves as a sub in a Carling Cup game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The newspaper report also states that Hemmings has failed to agree terms with Rotherham.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
According to the Wolverhapton rag we are in talks with released Wolves forward James Spray. He's 19 and 6 foot tall and has played 3 games on loan for Accrington and one sub appearance for Wolves as a sub in a Carling Cup game.

The newspaper report also states that Hemmings has failed to agree terms with Rotherham.

Well in that case, he sure as hell wouldn't be able to agree terms at HP.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:01 pm

He's scored 4 goals in 28 games for Wolves reserves (in 3 seasons). He can be found on the pfa website-

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Wolves are looking for "young and hungry" players. Presumably they have to have some talent too.

Not inspiring news.

He'll probably turn out to be Argo's greatest ever player now lol!
Back to top Go down

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:09 pm

At least he's 6ft I suppose. Hard to comment anything else as there's nothing really to go on. It does show that we are looking at players, and a striker in particular.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Cobi (on twitter) has also said we are after John Akinde (who is still only 22) but only scored 1 in 25 for Crawley last season (and played 5 games for D&R). He has scored in the Championship (once) against Argyle Very Happy , his only goal in 15 matches. He's 6'2" so another one who could fit in with the West Ham 'style' we're going to play next season. Although his stats suggest otherwise he is a striker .
Back to top Go down
swampy

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:31 pm

I can hardly contain myself, another unproven youngster with a paltry scoring record, should really give the ticket sales a big boost-not.
Back to top Go down

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:52 pm

John Adkine also in talks
Back to top Go down

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Block3Green wrote:

Is that the same JA who Bristol City dumped?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Block3Green wrote:

I was just wondering that if any footballers are 'in talks' with PAFC, who will actually, errrrm y'know, do the talking for the club ?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:28 pm

I CONTINUE TO FEEL UNDERWHELMED.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Block3Green wrote:
As per you.

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Dougie

Dougie

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Sorry to come over all curmudgeonly (age I guess) but all this transfer talk does nothing for me anymore mostly piffle and waffle, navel gazing and penis envy (I've got a bigger chequebook and striker than you). Same goes for the multitude of agent induced inept and crooked footballers who turn for pre season matches. Here endeth the grumpiness (for now).
Back to top Go down
swampy

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:49 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Block3Green wrote:

Is that the same JA who Bristol City dumped?
Yep, the same one who managed 1 goal in 16 and the same one who managed 1 in 25 for Crawley last season and who has a phenomenal total of 8 in 88 league appearances. Still, we could always put him alongside the prolific Feeno .
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:51 pm

1 in 11 isn't bad for an Argyle striker. He'd have been second top scorer,behind Walton, last season Laughing
Back to top Go down

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:32 pm

What the fvck are brent and fletcher playing at?do they really think signing untried youngsters who by the looks of it cant score in reserve football are going to get us promoted out of this dog shit league! the team wants money spending on it by bringing in experienced players not rejects from accy fvcking stanley, looks like brent is happy just staying in the fourth division thats not being saved in my book that just a slow death.
Back to top Go down

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:50 pm

James Brent may be happy with 4th division footy,but I'm not and thats what counts in my book.Not the sort of signing which is going to shift many season tickets.I'm still undecided.
Back to top Go down

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:58 pm

What is it with Argyle and lets say less than prolific strikers? In the last 30 years or so, or post Tynan anyway, we've had BWP and SEB, and I'm struggling to remember another.

If Brent isn't interested in taking the club forward, who the feck would want to buy it now that all the assets have been stripped? And if John Akinde is the sum of Carl Fletchers extensive contacts in the game, he must have made some enemies along the way.

I know I was growing impatient for news on new signings, but like Oddball said, if anyone was dithering about buying a season ticket I don't suppose this rumour will cause a stampede at the box office.
Back to top Go down

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:29 pm

At the risk of being all 'Aviva' Rolling Eyes. This club is not going to be a 'buying' club for a long time. We might have a millionaire owner, but he didn't make his money gambling on a South West football club. He's an astute businessman who spends carefully, if at all.

We were never going to be a sudden success after administration and I cannot understand why posters on here and Pasoti think we should be. James Brent never was the new messiah, he never claimed to be. Where are you all getting the idea he was, from?

We will be a 'selling' club for a good few seasons yet until the financial debaclé is over and done with, payments have been brought up to date and we are truly on a stable footing. We are definitely 'safe', but a big sugar daddy Brent isn't. He said as much at the meeting at the Cherry Tree. Those of you that were there have incredibly short memories if you can't remember that.
Back to top Go down

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Thats allright then cerbs we will just settle for being shite, if he's not going to spend money on the club lets hope he fvcks off soon.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:40 pm

SufferedSince68 wrote:
Thats allright then cerbs we will just settle for being shite, if he's not going to spend money on the club lets hope he fvcks off soon.

Then get some more clowns,then end up in the shit once again.
Back to top Go down

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Dont be silly tracky, there's a russian billionaire out there i just know it
Back to top Go down

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:43 pm

What he did say if I've gotten this correct is that this club should be at least in the Championship and he was determined to correct the status. Now admittedly he didn't say by the end of next week so clearly the devil is in the detail.

The signings don't look overly inspiring although talking to somebody doesn't always preceed us signing them as we know from past experience. Writting off players before a ball is kicked is often the Argyle supporter way also. Who knows what players will turn out to be until they play. We could do with a name to get excited about though and I think if at least one was made it would make a difference to ticket sales.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Akinde is a big fat unit. Like the opposite of Feeno. Except he doesn't score. Just like Feeno.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Cerbera wrote:
At the risk of being all 'Aviva' Rolling Eyes. This club is not going to be a 'buying' club for a long time. We might have a millionaire owner, but he didn't make his money gambling on a South West football club. He's an astute businessman who spends carefully, if at all.

We were never going to be a sudden success after administration and I cannot understand why posters on here and Pasoti think we should be. James Brent never was the new messiah, he never claimed to be. Where are you all getting the idea he was, from?

We will be a 'selling' club for a good few seasons yet until the financial debaclé is over and done with, payments have been brought up to date and we are truly on a stable footing. We are definitely 'safe', but a big sugar daddy Brent isn't. He said as much at the meeting at the Cherry Tree. Those of you that were there have incredibly short memories if you can't remember that.

That's fair enough Cerbs, but in all honesty it would take peanuts to get out of this pissant league, and surely it would benefit him if we did climb the leagues? He did say we should be a Championship team, not a Clump of shit team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

James Spray Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray Empty

Back to top Go down

James Spray
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next