Tringreen
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

James Spray - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Cerbera wrote:
At the risk of being all 'Aviva' Rolling Eyes. This club is not going to be a 'buying' club for a long time. We might have a millionaire owner, but he didn't make his money gambling on a South West football club. He's an astute businessman who spends carefully, if at all.

We were never going to be a sudden success after administration and I cannot understand why posters on here and Pasoti think we should be. James Brent never was the new messiah, he never claimed to be. Where are you all getting the idea he was, from?We will be a 'selling' club for a good few seasons yet until the financial debaclé is over and done with, payments have been brought up to date and we are truly on a stable footing. We are definitely 'safe', but a big sugar daddy Brent isn't. He said as much at the meeting at the Cherry Tree. Those of you that were there have incredibly short memories if you can't remember that.

Have a good look at my signature to see where the idea came from.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Cerbera wrote:
At the risk of being all 'Aviva' Rolling Eyes. This club is not going to be a 'buying' club for a long time. We might have a millionaire owner, but he didn't make his money gambling on a South West football club. He's an astute businessman who spends carefully, if at all.

We were never going to be a sudden success after administration and I cannot understand why posters on here and Pasoti think we should be. James Brent never was the new messiah, he never claimed to be. Where are you all getting the idea he was, from?

We will be a 'selling' club for a good few seasons yet until the financial debaclé is over and done with, payments have been brought up to date and we are truly on a stable footing. We are definitely 'safe', but a big sugar daddy Brent isn't. He said as much at the meeting at the Cherry Tree. Those of you that were there have incredibly short memories if you can't remember that.

That's why brent should go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Anyone want to buy a football club out there? All well and good shouting for Brent to go but the Consortium that was is exactly that "was". Don't see anyone else in a queue just yet. Unless one of you has won the Euro millions and hasn't let on.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Anyone want to buy a football club out there? All well and good shouting for Brent to go but the Consortium that was is exactly that "was". Don't see anyone else in a queue just yet. Unless one of you has won the Euro millions and hasn't let on.

Here we go again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:33 pm

I could have said the same thing about Freathy's post as well Greenskin. We have who we have and he isn't going anywhere anytime soon is he so might as well either accept it or just give up on Argyle altogether if people don't like it. It's not being Aviva or greentinted or whatever else as a label one wants to put on it, it's a fact of life and one we just have to live with for the forseeable future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:45 pm

There's nothing worth buying anymore sensible. He's taken the family silver and when he feels it's been long enough to pull the plug without looking like a complete bandit, who the feck will want a struggling team without a ground and no land whatsoever to attract a prospective buyer now?

Even if a new owner was to but back the stadium from PCC, its just that, a stadium surrounded by Brents developments, with no room to develop anything else there.

Unless Roman Abramovic has a slightly less rich brother with a thing for the colour green, we're a bit fecked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 pm

I'm not arguing that somebody else will or will not want to buy the club jock or if the familiy silver has gone missing. I'm simply saying we have Brent like it or not and there isn't anyone else out there looking to help him out by buying Argyle. If there isn't an alternative then you are where you are. There seems little point in shouting Brent out if there is nobody waiting unless you just want the club to be folded and disappear. The Consortium that was mentioned before is no longer there.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I could have said the same thing about Freathy's post as well Greenskin. We have who we have and he isn't going anywhere anytime soon is he so might as well either accept it or just give up on Argyle altogether if people don't like it. It's not being Aviva or greentinted or whatever else as a label one wants to put on it, it's a fact of life and one we just have to live with for the forseeable future.

That isn't the mentality adopted by the supporters of a lot of clubs though.Now,i'm prepared to give James Brent a fair chance to prove that he is the right man for the job and agree that it's rather premature to criticise the man,although i can't say that some of the vibes coming out of Home park are exactly encouraging.But it isn't correct to say supporters either should accept matters or give up.If you took that to it's logical conclusion then Chase would still be chairman at Norwich,Richardson at Doncaster,Archer at Brighton etc.As i say,Mr Brent can't be compared to those people on the limited evidence shown so far and i hope he never is.But to suggest that supporters either put up with bad apples or give up is not the case-there were prolonged campaigns [with differing results,it must be said] from fans of those clubs to remove the offending influences from within.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:46 am

Greenskin wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

That isn't the mentality adopted by the supporters of a lot of clubs though.Now,i'm prepared to give James Brent a fair chance to prove that he is the right man for the job and agree that it's rather premature to criticise the man,although i can't say that some of the vibes coming out of Home park are exactly encouraging.But it isn't correct to say supporters either should accept matters or give up.If you took that to it's logical conclusion then Chase would still be chairman at Norwich,Richardson at Doncaster,Archer at Brighton etc.As i say,Mr Brent can't be compared to those people on the limited evidence shown so far and i hope he never is.But to suggest that supporters either put up with bad apples or give up is not the case-there were prolonged campaigns [with differing results,it must be said] from fans of those clubs to remove the offending influences from within.

Ahhh but when the owner is a fine gentleman and he gives some of us silly hats and makes us feel important, we should make everyone else fall into line or feck off !

Brent must be enjoying the current scramble for worthless, powerless position. He really must think that all Argyle people can be manipulated and are largely inarticulate oafs.
The few that slip through the net and start thinking too much can be bought off by a visit to the top table and a glass of chablis no doubt.

Once again Penz got it right,

'This club is so third rate, so giggly at Hilsborough it makes you squirm. I don't think it will ever change now, it's been a hundred years.'

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:48 am

Cerbera wrote:

We were never going to be a sudden success after administration and I cannot understand why posters on here and Pasoti think we should be. James Brent never was the new messiah, he never claimed to be. Where are you all getting the idea he was, from?

We will be a 'selling' club for a good few seasons yet until the financial debaclé is over and done with, payments have been brought up to date and we are truly on a stable footing. We are definitely 'safe', but a big sugar daddy Brent isn't. He said as much at the meeting at the Cherry Tree. Those of you that were there have incredibly short memories if you can't remember that.

When Brent said we should be a CCC club it gave me some hope that he meant what he said, and he did say that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:51 am

Iggy wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

When Brent said we should be a CCC club it gave me some hope that he meant what he said, and he did say that.

"This is a big club and we will provide the financial support that it needs to get it back to the level at which it should perform\". James Brent,on takeover of the club.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:52 am

He was only talking about stumping up for more buckets lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:57 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
He was only talking about stumping up for more buckets lol!

Welcome back to the darkside Charlie lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:38 pm

He did say that.

He didn't clarify that it would be immediate and that he was a bottomless pit of money.

FFS! This time last year the club was touch and go whether it would still be in business. I am happy that on the evidence I have seen, that JB will make good on his statement. I have more patience and am less cynical than the average fan I guess.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Cerbera wrote:
He did say that.

He didn't clarify that it would be immediate and that he was a bottomless pit of money.

FFS! This time last year the club was touch and go whether it would still be in business. I am happy that on the evidence I have seen, that JB will make good on his statement. I have more patience and am less cynical than the average fan I guess.

"From my standpoint,to have any ambition at the start of the season other than to win the league has got to be defeatist".

James Brent,interview with Indy about 4 weeks ago.Good on him,lets hope he can support that stated ambition.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:04 pm

But he's ready to splash out on John Akinde, what more do you want from an owner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:42 pm

You do talk the biggest load of fecking bollocks Tringreen. What has anything got to do with fancy hats except in your overly large head. I'm not likely ever to get either a fancy hat, parking space or a title and nor are the majority of people. It is true that Brent said this club should be back in the Championship and it was his mission to get it there. He did not say next season or the one after or that he was going to throw his cash at it. He said that promotion was a target next season. The season hasn't started yet so lets see what happens between now and kick off. Nobody in this thread has called Brent the Messiah or is lauding him with compliments. The most that has been said is that he is the one here and there is nobody else currently waiting to take over. Before you post your one and only response perhaps, if you can stay awake long enough, you should actually read what is said and try posting something new for a change. Miracles might happen.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Greenjock wrote:
But he's ready to splash out on John Akinde, what more do you want from an owner?

Is he?

Or Mr Spray?

I know this thread has slightly deviated from the OP, but it seems to be rather quiet today on the "rumour" front.

Well, with regard to players anyway.

Perhaps I should have typed footballers instead of players, people may get the wrong idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Wasn't the main character from Roots called C*** Akinde?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Ah apologies, it was Kunta Kinte

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:40 pm

James Spray...mmmm...you do wonder about a striker with a name like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
He did say that.

"From my standpoint,to have any ambition at the start of the season other than to win the league has got to be defeatist".

James Brent,interview with Indy about 4 weeks ago.Good on him,lets hope he can support that stated ambition.

He said exactly the same thing to me at the Cherry Tree. With our budget, anything less than promotion would be a huge disappointment were his exact words. I believe that he has been promised football on the deck and a passing game from CF this season. He also stated that CF was not happy with the style of football he was 'forced' to play in order to keep us up. His brief was just that, keep us up. CF wants to play 'attractive' football and win games apparently. For me, I would be happy with the win games bit.

I have a hunch that if we are not looking like promotion candidates come November, then CF will be shown the exit door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Out gunned by rotherham and fleetwood a league below yeovil and crawley the shiteometer is in the red.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:04 pm

SufferedSince68 wrote:
Out gunned by rotherham and fleetwood a league below yeovil and crawley the shiteometer is in the red.

What possible relevance has this statement?

The season hasn't started, how can we be 'outgunned' by anyone?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
You do talk the biggest load of fecking bollocks Tringreen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Spray
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next