swampy
Charlie Wood
Tringreen
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

James Spray - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Another fantastic contribution to the debate there then Czarcasm. Well done, keep it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Cerbera wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:
Out gunned by rotherham and fleetwood a league below yeovil and crawley the shiteometer is in the red.

What possible relevance has this statement?

The season hasn't started, how can we be 'outgunned' by anyone?

Rotherham and fleetwood have by the looks of it, proper managers a realistic budget for clubs looking for promotion ,brent has got fletcher as manager hoping for a minor miracle we can get promoted with cheap young rejects who have a choice between argyle and tesco., this season has crap written all over it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:26 pm

SufferedSince68 wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:
Out gunned by rotherham and fleetwood a league below yeovil and crawley the shiteometer is in the red.

What possible relevance has this statement?

The season hasn't started, how can we be 'outgunned' by anyone?

Rotherham and fleetwood have by the looks of it, proper managers a realistic budget for clubs looking for promotion ,brent has got fletcher as manager hoping for a minor miracle we can get promoted with cheap young rejects who have a choice between argyle and tesco., this season has crap written all over it.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:34 pm

To paraphrase Kevin Costner "If you build an Ice Rink, they will come"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
You do talk the biggest load of fecking bollocks Tringreen. What has anything got to do with fancy hats except in your overly large head. I'm not likely ever to get either a fancy hat, parking space or a title and nor are the majority of people. It is true that Brent said this club should be back in the Championship and it was his mission to get it there. He did not say next season or the one after or that he was going to throw his cash at it. He said that promotion was a target next season. The season hasn't started yet so lets see what happens between now and kick off. Nobody in this thread has called Brent the Messiah or is lauding him with compliments. The most that has been said is that he is the one here and there is nobody else currently waiting to take over. Before you post your one and only response perhaps, if you can stay awake long enough, you should actually read what is said and try posting something new for a change. Miracles might happen.....

Wake up mate, we were struggling to stay out of the bottom of the league last year and I do know about the 9 games ect. ect. We have the same squad which as you must well know struggled to score more than a goal a game, therefore you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know we need a goal scorer or two, if we fail to do that have Purse, Wotts and one or two others out with long term injuries we could still be back in the BSP next year. Everybody seems to think that that spectre has gone away, until we are out of this god awful league it will stay with us. Until Brent invests in a decent team then people will not but season tickets as they don't want to watch anymore shit football. If attendances fall this season (as I predict they will as the team is not being strengthened) next season we will be lucky to afford the has been's and the might be's that we are being palmed off with to date. Maybe you should change your name? Hugely optimistic with no reason green might do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Iggy, I am awake and what you have to say has nothing whatsoever to do with my comments regarding Trings contribution. I am well aware that we have the same squad less the loanees. I am well aware of the need for at least one if not two strikers. I am well aware that the squad needs investment of some kind at least. I am well aware of what the football was like last season. Am I awake enough.

Try reading what my post was about before jumping in and accusing me of sleeping. What bit about the fact we have James Brent and there is nobody else is sleeping? There is no silly hats and the like. There are no car parking spaces and there is no living in awe of him in any of that. Where in any of that is a comment about the squad or what happened before? Thanks for the run down on what we had or what we need. I watched it all of last season, I know. In my opinion Tringreen talks bollocks because he always posts the same post whatever the subject and seems to consider that enough said. Rarely offers any real contribution except to dismiss all and sundry who doesn't slag off Brent in every sentence as some silly name he thinks he invented.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:31 am

goodness me - we WANT players who score 1 in 25 or 3 in 24 games Embarassed
for our goalscoring players lol! i thought we had enough of them already!!

championship soon? perhaps not.

a 'decent' signing though could make all the difference & encourage more to open thier wallets - for the record mine remains shut until i see some sort of 'improvement' on last time around. keeping purse & wotton (who would have played for us in the conference) i dont regard as 'marquee'signings.
more work to be done.

with pretty much the same side as last season its going to be a long slog once again.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:39 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
You do talk the biggest load of fecking bollocks Tringreen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At least its not long winded boring bollox. His poor wife............. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:15 am

Yum, debate.

I think we'll do better than last season. It'd be a travesty not to seeing as no-one got paid until November or whenever it was. What strikes me though is that we've not got many players at the peak age of playing football. We've got 21 or unders or 30 pluses. Where are the 24-29 year olds. I remember an abundance of them last time around under $turrock, Worrell, Cocko, Mad Dog, Wotton, Le Keep, Daveed, Stonebridge, Buster, even Trigger was only just 30.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:21 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Yum, debate.

I think we'll do better than last season. It'd be a travesty not to seeing as no-one got paid until November or whenever it was. What strikes me though is that we've not got many players at the peak age of playing football. We've got 21 or unders or 30 pluses. Where are the 24-29 year olds. I remember an abundance of them last time around under $turrock, Worrell, Cocko, Mad Dog, Wotton, Le Keep, Daveed, Stonebridge, Buster, even Trigger was only just 30.

Maybe there are no 24 - 29 yr olds who bleed green, available ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:35 am

Maybe the 20 somethings are not as desperate as the very young un's, who are starting out in their career, or the over 30's who are looking for one last payday before they hang up their boots?

The group in between need to be more choosy and I doubt the team who missed relegation to the BSP by one place are exactly first choice when all the cards are on the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:29 am

"The big thing people have spoken about is the togetherness and work ethic but if you want 11 guys to go out and work hard I can find you 11 men from Newcastle city centre who will work their socks off"...said former England player Alan Shearer when talking about England's performance at Euro 2012."Work their socks off",you say Alan.I wonder where I have heard that before.Hmmmm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:05 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Iggy, I am awake and what you have to say has nothing whatsoever to do with my comments regarding Trings contribution. I am well aware that we have the same squad less the loanees. I am well aware of the need for at least one if not two strikers. I am well aware that the squad needs investment of some kind at least. I am well aware of what the football was like last season. Am I awake enough.

Try reading what my post was about before jumping in and accusing me of sleeping. What bit about the fact we have James Brent and there is nobody else is sleeping? There is no silly hats and the like. There are no car parking spaces and there is no living in awe of him in any of that. Where in any of that is a comment about the squad or what happened before? Thanks for the run down on what we had or what we need. I watched it all of last season, I know. In my opinion Tringreen talks bollocks because he always posts the same post whatever the subject and seems to consider that enough said. Rarely offers any real contribution except to dismiss all and sundry who doesn't slag off Brent in every sentence as some silly name he thinks he invented.

I actually agree with the fact that Tring talks bollocks, it is a well known fact both here and abroad lol! This is what I was answering; It is true that Brent said this club should be back in the Championship and it was his mission to get it there. He did not say next season or the one after or that he was going to throw his cash at it. Brenty did say he would give whatever investment was needed to progress, he did say our level should be the CCC, as for him being the only investor that is another debate, I personally think we have been taken over by another property developer who has bought a nice development for feck all and has not paid the club anything like the value it should be, we are paying off his staff and now he is reneging on his promise to invest in the team to move us forward. I will be happy to retract that statement if and when Andy Carrol rocks up at HP, but until then we are at odds about Brenty being the new messiah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:09 am

It may be that it is the manager who is choosing the signings and therefore choosing to go for young frees. It may be that these young players will deliver the goods in Fletcher's new, more adventurous style of play. He may be making inspired decisions that are being accepted by Mr Brent.

We won't know until they start playing next season.

I'm not impressed so far.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:22 am

Iggy wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I actually agree with the fact that Tring talks bollocks, it is a well known fact both here and abroad lol! This is what I was answering; It is true that Brent said this club should be back in the Championship and it was his mission to get it there. He did not say next season or the one after or that he was going to throw his cash at it. Brenty did say he would give whatever investment was needed to progress, he did say our level should be the CCC, as for him being the only investor that is another debate, I personally think we have been taken over by another property developer who has bought a nice development for feck all and has not paid the club anything like the value it should be, we are paying off his staff and now he is reneging on his promise to invest in the team to move us forward. I will be happy to retract that statement if and when Andy Carrol rocks up at HP, but until then we are at odds about Brenty being the new messiah.

Still enjoying the ride Iggy ? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:25 am

The worrying thing is that pre season training starts about now and any new signings will need time with the squad to gel. Whoever is choosing the players has given most of our opposition a head start, as most league 2 clubs seem active already on the transfer front.

Maybe Mr Brent has instructed Fletcher to only go for youngsters who can be sold on in future? Sounds feasible but in reality what's needed is a team ti get us out of this league no matter if they have any resale value.

I didn't expect a mass of big money signings, but I did expect an influx of players better than our current squad. It appears as though somebody somewhere is happy with what we already have. This is perplexing as we're blatantly not going to be challenging with this squad, and that a contradiction of Brents recent interview, and his statement last year that he will supply the funds to get us back where we belong.

I can understand Chelsea or Liverpool having a policy on buying players that will have a resale value, but hello, this is bargain basement stuff where a bag of balls and the promise of a pre season friendly will get you any player in this division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:41 pm

I think you can get a general idea of how the season is going to pan out regardless of whether a ball has been kicked or not.Lets say we had signed Izzy MaCleod from Barnet,the expectation would be there that he is going to score a few goals.However looking at the current forwards,with the exception of this Paris guy,you know pretty well what they are capable of.Chadders will score a few but will then get injured,Feeno will run and run but wont trouble the back of the net too often.We haven't got a target man as yet so any hoofs up the middle will come straight back.James Spray is not known for his goalscoring.So predictable,so village.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:43 pm

james spray, is that a brent deterent
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:54 pm

oddball wrote:
I think you can get a general idea of how the season is going to pan out regardless of whether a ball has been kicked or not.Lets say we had signed Izzy MaCleod from Barnet,the expectation would be there that he is going to score a few goals.However looking at the current forwards,with the exception of this Paris guy,you know pretty well what they are capable of.Chadders will score a few but will then get injured,Feeno will run and run but wont trouble the back of the net too often.We haven't got a target man as yet so any hoofs up the middle will come straight back.James Spray is not known for his goalscoring.So predictable,so village.

Tosh!

Izale was never ever coming here. Real world, and you were at the meeting at the CT, is that CF wants to play footy on the ground so the need for a big target man up front is........?

Wait and see. By November, if things are not going well I predict a new manager and progress. JB is not stupid, it's his money he's not going to waste it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Cerbera.. One fan's Tosh is another Fans POV.Didn't mean literally that MaCleod was coming here,just using him as an example . The expectation would be there if we were to sign a proven goalscorer at this level.Talk is cheap and James Brent & Peter Jones merely said what fans wanted to hear.Argyle with the exception of the Shilton years have never been a good passing team.Even Sturrock's team first time around relied on getting as many crosses into the penalty box as possible.They weren't a great passing side,yet all of a sudden we are going to be passing the ball around like West Ham.Thats with exactly the same players that could hardly string three passes together last season.Thats going to be some transformation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Why do people think that if you aren't slagging off Brent that you therefore think he is the new Messiah? The accusation is a cop out in terms of a decent argument. There is no debate regarding a string of would be investors out there. If there were any I'm sure we would know about them by now. They were there perhaps once upon a time but that aint so anymore.

I said Iggy that he stated we should be a championship club and that he promised to do what it took to get us back there. People are writing off this season before a ball has been kicked. I'm not overly impressed with the purchases so far as aren't many others but I'm not about to write everything off just yet. I agree with a comment above that if it isn't happening by a certain time of the season then we could see movement in the Manager's position. If we were to be top half then I think not but if it is becoming a struggle again then I think it will happen. For now I'm prepared to give both Brent and Fletcher the benefit of the doubt and keep a watching brief. That isn't saying I endorse either of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
......People are writing off this season before a ball has been kicked. I'm not overly impressed with the purchases so far as aren't many others but I'm not about to write everything off just yet. I agree with a comment above that if it isn't happening by a certain time of the season then we could see movement in the Manager's position. If we were to be top half then I think not but if it is becoming a struggle again then I think it will happen. For now I'm prepared to give both Brent and Fletcher the benefit of the doubt and keep a watching brief. That isn't saying I endorse either of them.

I agree with this sensible comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Greenjock wrote:
It appears as though somebody somewhere is happy with what we already have.

I have long thought that several of the contingency bunch that have the odd access to jamesyboy are telling him what he wants to hear. People love to be stroked, and I'm sure our James is no different.

Bad organisations who fail to succeed are full of such folk second guessing their 'boss' while passing 'feedback' up to the head honcho.
Sadly, I might be wrong, but I even think Peter Jones might possibly be giving the threadbare squad a thumbs up. Not sure why I'm saying that, probably something to do with the odd comment of his during the 'troubles'.

As for Sensible's view of wait, wait, wait, and then change it .... well, he must have worked for Woolies, they waited for decades. It's not sensible behaviour. Continual active gardenning is a must, reactive late shuffling of the cards will bring a poor crop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Brent comes out with big plans for this that and the other , but what has he actually done since "saving the club" i'm fed up with his big talk lets see some action starting with signings to get us excited not kids who cant find the net in reserve football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Did not say wait wait and wait. What I said was that Brent will wait and see. I said I was not overly impressed with the signings so far but I was not about to write off a season before it's started. That is not the same as wait wait and wait. I don't know, and nor does anyone else just yet, what this squad will do. I hope, and so does everyone else no doubt, that it will perform and deliver. People can have doubts but that is just opinion like any other and nothing is yet proved. Somebody is bound to be right in the end because somebody always is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Spray   James Spray - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Spray
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next