Angry
Freathy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

The new manager thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 3:11 pm

So none then
Back to top Go down
MTM

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 3:28 pm

Not so fast. He may not tick any for you but I’ll put that down to you using the wrong boxes. I’ll give you an example. My wife thinks he has nice hair. So he ticks that box as well as plenty of others. Perhaps you can be a bit more creative with the criteria you are using.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 4:08 pm

Mark Cooper would be less of a risk for Argyle than what Fleetwood have done in appointing Charlie Adam (zero experience, has been working as Burnley's "loan manager") to lead their fight against relegation from L2
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:57 pm

FFS don’t bite the rumour on PASOTi created by the super twat that’s xisle, Mark Cooper my arse
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 7:42 pm

Del bhey in the reckoning now apparently lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 12:00 am

Greenskin wrote:
Del bhey in the reckoning now apparently lol! lol!

rolllaugh rolllaugh rolllaugh clearly they are looking for bites now.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 10:39 am

Freathy wrote:
I'd have any of them on that betting odds list over Mark Cooper.  He's not only on the managerial merry-go-round but the NON-LEAGUE manager merry-go-round FFS! I can't believe the excitement building on paosti that Hallett could actually hire this person.  WTF is wrong with them?
what do expect from Jimmys ex football advisers website with there village mentality this shit is right up there street
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 10:45 am

I see Wayne Rooney looks likely to be sacked today, which throws up two possible scenarios.

1. He'll immediately be installed as favourite for the Argyle job, or

2. Whoever we appoint, will obviously leave within a week for Birmingham, taking at least 12 players with him.

Either outcome outcome will be Simon Hallett's fault.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 2:49 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I see Wayne Rooney looks likely to be sacked today, which throws up two possible scenarios.

1. He'll immediately be installed as favourite for the Argyle job, or

2. Whoever we appoint, will obviously leave within a week for Birmingham, taking at least 12 players with him.

Either outcome outcome will be Simon Hallett's fault.

I did see John Eustace is favourite to be reinstated at birmingham...

I wouldnt want Rooney here anyways, his champions league experience wont help him win a game at sunderland on a cold tuesday night hence why he got the chop.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 6:50 pm

Rooney has to be favourite for the Salford City job with the Man Utd connection and all.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 7:54 pm

As hallett can't/won't pay an absolute bargain fee of £2m for an very highly rated outstanding championship attacking midfielder who was in our grasp it's safe to assume that he won't pay the going rate for a Championship standard manager. We can be sure old 'Property not Players' hallett is going to go ultra cheap with this appointment. Until we get a proper owner and proper investment we can forget about being a championship club.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 11:44 am

todays odds from skybet

Ian Foster 2/1 (i googled hes an assistant manager at that club Steven Gerrard is managing in saudi arabia who shockingly is scouse, managed in Ireland and in the youth ranks of England coached at pompey and coventry has one of those pro licences so seems to me to be the front runner as hes cheap and happy to be here wont be a manager but a head coach and not likely to kick off if dewsnip and dickinson buy his players for him without his input cause what would he know about players in this league anyways.... if they do appoint him they best bring in a keith downing esq type of assistant for him cause he will need one)
Scott Parker 3/1
Gus Poyet 5/1 (ruled himself out )
Dean Holden 7/1
Neil Critchley 8/1
Neil Warnock 9/1
Paul Cook 10/1
Damien Duff 12/1
John Eustace 12/1
Brian Barry-Murphy 14/1
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 12:39 pm

FYI Ian Foster has worked as a no2 to Paul cook in the past!

Everyone seems to have forgotten that Argyle are looking to fill 2 or 3 positions!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 2:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:

Everyone seems to have forgotten that Argyle are looking to fill 2 or 3 positions!

Not at all, most managers tend to come with A Team of their own, the question is, which George Peppard are we going to get?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 2:49 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Not at all, most managers tend to come with A Team of their own, the question is, which George Peppard are we going to get?

But Dewsnip may be trying to create an A team of his own! Perhaps offer Eustace the top job but he would have to have Foster and Baines as his coaches.

Or Mertesaker as head coach working with 2 other coaches appointed by PAFC/Dewsnip
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 4:26 pm

Sky sports just announced. Club are in the final stages for Ian Foster to take over as our new manager.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 4:39 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Sky sports just announced. Club are in the final stages for Ian Foster to take over as our new manager.

Yeah, there's a Camel tethered in the staff car park.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 5:17 pm

Tgwu wrote:

im baffled by this appointment i really am. Are we actually trying to be an established championship club on and off the pitch or preparing for league one already. I await to see come May the answer to that question.
No experience managing in england, didnt last long in any job coaching either but given the job here because hes scouse, coached in the england youth setup and was the assistant manager to a shit manager in a shit league despite how much money they are paying players to go play there who are currently doing shit in that league too.

its not an appointment thats filling me with hope and excitement for our future to be honest. Ill give the guy a chance of course but i dont have a good feeling its strikes me as the cheap option and that this guy isnt going to rock the boat.

and hey if he proves me wrong and does great he will surely got nothing in his contract that stops him accepting offer jobs for little compensation fee untill hes made to sign a new one that includes one  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 6:05 pm

We can't afford the best player. struggle even to keep them on loan.

So we need to get the best out of the players we can afford. And to do that we need to get the best coaches we can, people who have studied tactics and man management, not just players who have hit their mid thirties and suddenly realise they still need to make a living.

Foster reminds me of Tony Waiters-worked with several Clubs, got involved in the England set up before taking the plunge into Club Management
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 6:14 pm

Grovehill wrote:

So we need to get the best out of the players we can afford. And to do that we need to get the best coaches we can, people who have studied tactics and man management, not just players who have hit their mid thirties and suddenly realise they still need to make a living.

Foster reminds me of Tony Waiters-worked with several Clubs, got involved in the England set up before taking the plunge into Club Management

Hope he doesn't end up like Tony-shafted and sacked by a board of directors who were utterly useless in progressing Argyle either in the short or long term.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 6:23 pm

Grovehill wrote:

hes been a manager before in ireland... again didnt last long at either club no idea if he was sacked or resigned or moved on just he didnt last long.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 6:51 pm

This is the sort of appointment I'd expect a struggling hard up bottom of L2 club to make. Now completely convinced hallett is more than happy to see us go down and try to rebuild again in L1 next season. Foster will get us relegated at the first time of asking. Ticks all hallett's boxes - a scouser, known to Dewsnip, no experience and cheap.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2024 11:11 pm

Worth a read. Our possible new head coach knows his stuff it seems.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:28 am

Totally the wrong appointment. Coaching youth teams is not a qualification for managing a team deep in a relegation scrap in the Championship with half a season still to play. I really hope the club have fooled everyone and announce someone with actual relevant experience and track record as manager later today. I'd much rather have Warnock to give us an outside chance of staying up.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 10:06 am

Freathy wrote:
Totally the wrong appointment.  Coaching youth teams is not a qualification for managing a team deep in a relegation scrap in the Championship with half a season still to play.  I really hope the club have fooled everyone and announce someone with actual relevant experience and track record as manager later today.  I'd much rather have Warnock to give us an outside chance of staying up.

its a clear sign the board are cutting the powers and role of manager and controlling things like transfers and what style we will play and the head coach will be expected to pick the team, coach the players he'll have little say in who comes. stays and goes and the style of football whether it works away from home or not. This is also a sign to me that the board will be doing this again when this new guys time is over so the wheel keeps spinning regardless who is peddling. That philosophy is a gamble we have to hope it works although i don't think its a philosophy that should be lasting longer than there 5 year plan or even half of that.

I can see why experienced managers would have had second thoughts about the job here if they ae restricted in what they can do, sent into battle with their hands tied behind their backs and would get the blame from fans and the board if its not working. This new guy clearly is brought in to coach and will be a patsy i just hope the board are at least smart enough to give him a decent assistant, GK coach and whether they bring in another coach or not too and give him a decent chance to do a good job that we all hope he will do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The new manager thread
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next