simao
Charlie Wood
Czarcasm
GreenWhiteBlack
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Next Manager should be.... Empty
PostSubject: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Well? who should he be in your opinion

For me as i have said before i think its a fore gone conclusion Darren Purse will get it for all the wrong reasons however, Richard Money would be my best bet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:20 pm

It'll be another cheap option by Brent as he won't spent anymore than he has to, gotta maximise his profits.

Would like to see someone like Cotterill, crap football but he did a top job at Cheltenham and would kick a few arses if they didn't perform.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:21 pm

I see Terry Brown got sacked today, great manager imo, would love him down here
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Ling.

He'd be cheap(ish), and is demonstrably light years ahead of Fletcher, with a fraction of the budget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Assuming Mark Robins gets the Coventry gig, I'd like to see Jim Magilton or Steve Cotterill. I don't think we'd take to Cotterill's style of play, but we wouldn't be worrying about relegation in the last third of the season
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Gary megson or steve cotteril, it no good argyle trying to play passing football were shite at it.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Sean O'Driscoll Sad Bangs head against nearest brick wall
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 am

D P Gumby. Similar tactics on the pitch probably; but think how much better post match interviews would be.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:19 am

no ones going to want it theres NO money !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:29 am

What I wouldn't give for a Pulis MkII! There would be a cull of the useless and some contracts would be cancelled - bye chadders! Fitness would be right up. The 'players' would be well drilled into something resembling a unit that's no so piss easy to beat. I could see a few useful loan players coming in to suit the more direct approach that would be adopted. I'd even start going again. This is what's needed to immediatly arrest the severe damage done by carl the clueless and give us an outside chance of surviving in the league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:49 am

I know where your coming from Freathy. A Pulis type character is what's needed in terms of clearing deadwood, instilling discipline & getting the remaining players fit. However his brand of football was dire & he too wasn't averse to going for a 0-0 at home.
I would prefer the Pulis discipline with some Holloway "go for it" flair mixed in. There should be nothing to scare a club of our size us in this dire division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:11 am

I think we would struggle to attract any manager worth having. It's clear that the current regime have no ambition whatsoever so why would anyone come to us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:17 am

If there was a reasonable (doesnt need to be large) tranfer pot available we would be an incredible attractive proposition; a great chance for a manager to put some success on thier CV. Its down to the attitude of the board though, we have already had one cheapskate solution, and its failing so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:40 am

Without a doubt, there's only one person that could pull us out of the mire and bring us glory.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you.....

CHRIS WEBB!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:47 am

The only way to complete the sentence 'the next manager should be ...' is with the words Tony Waiters.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:57 am

Peggy wrote:
The only way to complete the sentence 'the next manager should be ...' is with the words Tony Waiters.

If only.I'll never forget the sense of the club well and truly going places under Waiters.It was a very hard lesson to absorb when things turned sour post the sale of Mariner,an event which was forewarned by my dear old grandad,whose opinion i dismissed with a nonchalant thought of "silly old bugger".He was right though.

Tony is still going strong on the coaching front;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:59 am

Freathy wrote:
What I wouldn't give for a Pulis MkII! There would be a cull of the useless and some contracts would be cancelled - bye chadders! Fitness would be right up. The 'players' would be well drilled into something resembling a unit that's no so piss easy to beat. I could see a few useful loan players coming in to suit the more direct approach that would be adopted. I'd even start going again. This is what's needed to immediatly arrest the severe damage done by carl the clueless and give us an outside chance of surviving in the league.

I met Pulis recently. He laughed when we discussed his first away game with Argyle which was the 0-0 draw at Southampton. He did exactly what a good Pulis team does. Shape and a 90 minute shift. He was let's say taken aback by the support and in particular celebrating the point as if we's won the FA Cup.

How village Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 am

Greenskin wrote:
Peggy wrote:

If only.I'll never forget the sense of the club well and truly going places under Waiters.It was a very hard lesson to absorb when things turned sour post the sale of Mariner,an event which was forewarned by my dear old grandad,whose opinion i dismissed with a nonchalant thought of "silly old bugger".He was right though.

Tony is still going strong on the coaching front;

That was my first experience of what was predicted by many to be a lifetime of disappointment, frustration and anger.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:05 am

the next manager should be....... COMPETANT, and not blame the fans for his failures [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:20 am

If money was no object I would love Alan Curbishley.

Worked wonders with Charlton and West Ham and is constantly linked with managerial positions but turns them down.

If he could be handed absolute free reign to clearout and build from scratch it might interest him unless he is comfortable away from football now and enjoying the bit of TV work he does.

Maybe alongside Carl Fletcher?

I get the impression that it's not about the money for him so he could relish the challenge.

Realistically though I expect Martin Ling would be an obvious starting point, although Torquay fans would laugh at that now, and the big draw for him could be the potential here compared to Torquay.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:48 am

This is a pointless thread as Brent is still giving his pathetic support to Fletcher and if you listen and watch clueless Carl , he hardly looks like am man under pressure. Think we are stuck with hime for the time being. affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:50 am

Here they are - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - take your choice from the drop-down box about 3/4 way down page.

I'd go for Leroy Rosenior.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:00 am

I did chuckle at Hairy J's suggestion of the cheap option in Ian Newell, which was agreed with to possibly work alongside Fletcher Razz

I think Blackbeard thought he meant Mike Newell, but maybe he didn't lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:01 am

knecht wrote:
Here they are - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - take your choice from the drop-down box about 3/4 way down page.

I'd go for Leroy Rosenior.

NOOOO!! we will be left with nothing but steve claridge on FL Show

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say Brent wont sack Fletcher is probably a correct statement to make as they would require effort! i hope instead he hires an experienced DofF to work with Carl whether Carl wants to work with him or not as its badly needed if Carl has to stay employed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:39 am

Greenjock wrote:
I did chuckle at Hairy J's suggestion of the cheap option in Ian Newell, which was agreed with to possibly work alongside Fletcher Razz

I think Blackbeard thought he meant Mike Newell, but maybe he didn't lol!

Blackbeard's replies on there are the first Argyle-related laughs I've had since the season started...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Manager should be....   The Next Manager should be.... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Next Manager should be....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next