Angry
Freathy
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

The new manager thread Empty
PostSubject: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 6:21 pm

Schumacher has now gone (just awaiting the official announcements). Not a good time just before the busy Christmas fixtures and the January window opening to be searching for a new manager but who will it be?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 6:59 pm

its 100% official now he has left and agreed to become Stoke's manager...

ill tag the OS link when they bother to report here but other media outlets are breaking the news.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 7:18 pm

Nathan Jones.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 7:33 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Nathan Jones.

he would be ideal in fact i believe it was down to him and Del Bhey for the job here when sheridan left we obviously went with del bhey and he went on to do a grand job twice with Luton just not so much southampton which i feel he was on a hiding to nothing taking that job on and Stoke which is a haven for young managers to go and get sacked.

my concern now is whoever takes over come summertime no matter what our fate is championship or not the likes of Whittaker, Mumba and Azaz are going to want to go with Schuey as he was one of the main reasons they came back here in the first place they are his boys. We avoided our talent being taken with Lowe i dont see schuey not wanting to take a couple from here in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 7:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Nathan Jones.

Only seems to do well at Luton. Regarded as a totally bizarre bampot at Southampton and crashed and burned at Stoke, no thanks.

Not sure who would be the ideal candidate to take over from the hubcap pinching bin dipper [hope he shares the same fate as Jones at Stoke],still wouldn't be surprised to see Warnock until at least the end of the season-he was watching on Saturday. It would buy a bit of time but would his playing style clash with that which characterises the current team? Probably not problems that Hallett was anticipating grappling with over xmas.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 7:46 pm

My Choice?

Nigel Pearson.

Done the rounds, knows this league, won't take any crap.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 8:04 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Nathan Jones.

Only seems to do well at Luton. Regarded as a totally bizarre bampot at Southampton and crashed and burned at Stoke, no thanks.

Not sure who would be the ideal candidate to take over from the hubcap pinching bin dipper [hope he shares the same fate as Jones at Stoke],still wouldn't be surprised to see Warnock until at least the end of the season-he was watching on Saturday. It would buy a bit of time but would his playing style clash with that which characterises the current team? Probably not problems that Hallett was anticipating grappling with over xmas.

who hasnt crashed and burned as stoke manager with the exception of Pulis? they have had many up and coming managers including the last one who they hired to fanfare and they couldnt do the job. It will be a difficult feet for schuey to overcome in short time he will have to be fair to him.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 8:11 pm

Ok he’s gone, sod him and we now move on to the next one, I wonder who that may be ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 8:21 pm

I thought we were massive lol ... same old argo
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 8:23 pm

My choice …John Eustice
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 8:29 pm

Not really fussed about it, it was always going to happen sometime, let’s see whose been lined up
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 11:14 pm

So he's going, may take other coaches and players with him.

But whoever comes in may well have coaches and players he wants to bring in.

We could well end up in a better place by the end of January.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 4:18 am

Stoke! Definitely going there for the glamour.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 9:04 am

John Eustice would be my choice. Can't see it though. In the unlikely event he was slightly interested, as soon as Hallett tells him there's no budget for January and his best players would very likely be taken by the previous manager that would be the end of that.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 9:26 am

Eustace has barely had 12 months as a manager. He’s hardly Pep. He got a huge sympathy vote because Brum were 6th when they sacked him, but he’s still largely untested. One of my biggest fears is Cotterill. He gets linked with us every time we have a vacancy, mainly cos he’s got a Westcountry accent.

Sad times. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 11:08 am

I don’t think it’ll be one of the usual merry go round of managers.
Got to have faith in the board having done due diligence on potential replacements for many months.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 11:57 am

Graiser wrote:
Got to have faith in the board having done due diligence on potential replacements for many months.

Leighton Baines has been mentioned on Pasoti as a possible. Apparently known to Dewsnip from Everton days. Very inexperienced and never managed before and is currently U18 coach at Everton. Sounds way too inexperienced.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 2:40 pm

Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Leighton Baines has been mentioned on Pasoti as a possible.  Apparently known to Dewsnip from Everton days. Very inexperienced and never managed before and is currently U18 coach at Everton.  Sounds way too inexperienced.

I Dont think they would be looking at Baines atm. I do believe they will look at a youngish guy to take over though.

on another matter

why havent they announced hes gone yet? Why prolong it and give the kids false hope that hes staying cause that is cruel at christmas.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 2:54 pm

Plymouth next manager odds (correct at the time of publishing)

7/4 Leighton Baines

5/1 Steve Cotterill

6/1 Nathan Jones

8/1 John Eustace

10/1 John Mousinho and Tony Mowbray

12/1 Ian Evatt, Luke Williams and Michael Duff, Gary Rowett, Alex Neil

14/1 Paul Heckingbottom, Shaun Maloney, Karl Robinson and Nigel Pearson
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 3:50 pm

Steve Cooper now available.

Is the delay in announcing SS has gone because Argyle want to announce the new man at the same time? Which points to it being Baines
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 3:53 pm

I'd have thought the Stoke fans will be clamouring for Cooper now he's been sacked
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 4:03 pm

Here's a name to send a shiver down your spine-- Steve Bruce
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 4:04 pm

Baines odds-on now 1/2.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 5:18 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Baines odds-on now 1/2.

why?

is this fascination with scousers a new fetish for the club or something?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 5:23 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Baines odds-on now 1/2.

why?

is this fascination with scousers a new fetish for the club or something?

I'm expecting Hallett to go cheap but don't expect someone THAT inexperienced. An U18s coach is not really what we need in a Championship relegation battle!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new manager thread   The new manager thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The new manager thread
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next