Dog Bone Malone
Mook
Clodagh Rubbish
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Investment incoming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 7:41 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?

You could always pop up to the fans forum that's being held before the Peterborough (league) game and ask some questions.

At this moment in time I'm not too bothered about the new director or the backing team's motivation as he doesn't change the dynamics of the boardroom, he has as much clout as Kagami did in the grand scheme of things, very little.  If they want to invest to dodge taxes in America or grow a property portfolio here I couldn't care less, so long as the club retains ownership and the team on the pitch prosper as a result.  Their 20% shareholding is obviously theirs to do as they please should they decide to sell for profit in future.  The bottom line is I've been very happy with Mr Hallett's leadership to date so I'm happy to trust his judgement on this one.  Should the dynamics or direction of the club change in the future then I'll re-evaluate, until then I see no reason to fear monsters under the bed.

Can't understand what you mean by that. People need to accept that their is no such entity as Plymouth Argyle Football Club. There is a business owned by SH (and a few others) Anyone giving money to or investing in PAFC is putting it into SH's business. £4 million put into PAFC isn't going to be there when SH departs.

You're splitting hairs, I'm well aware who the majority owner is and you knew exactly what I meant, you even made reference to 'PAFC' yourself. Just for you though, should Simon Hallett's business start getting involved in shady business like transferring Home Park or any future training facilities over to the new investors or any outside business entity then I probably wouldn't be very happy. For now Simon Hallett is in charge of all things 'the club' and I'm happy with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 8:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?

Pop along to the fans forum next week and ask

lol! lol! lol! Why didn't you post that on the fans forum? This is an Argyle forum to discuss all things Argyle, what I'm doing is using the forum for what it was designed to do, if you don't like my POV either ignore it or argue your side.

But your asking a question that nobody on here could have an answer for, the fans forum could solve your anxiety, don’t be shy pop along and ask
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 8:44 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Here we go again.

Investors put money into the Club, hint at building the fanbase but more interested in building their property portfolio.

The gullible dream of big money signings, new training grounds etc. etc.

Anyone who tries to burst the balloon of expectancy with the pin of reality is derided or abused.

FFS, they're even using the same script and buzzwords as Kagami and Co.

NOWHERE IN THE CLUB STATEMENT OR THE INTERVIEW IS THERE ANY MENTION OF IMPROVING THE FOOTBALL TEAM

This is nothing like the Kagami era.  

Kagami's initial £2m? investment went straight into the other directors pockets via the sale of personal shares.  This £4m is going direct to the club, what's not to like?

With recent improvements to the infrastructure the team has already improved, we're now a solid League One club heading the right direction.  With further improvements to the infrastructure there's no reason the team shouldn't further improve alongside, they don't need to spell that out for you do they?.  If the team stagnates and goes backwards over the next couple of years then they'll need to explain themselves, until then give 'em a fair chance.
plus Stapleton & rest of em cooked the books by selling off the team to make it look good first payment went straight in there pockets but once the Japanese realised they were conned they wouldn’t hand over no more money to the greedy f#%Ks ..by then it was to late as they were relying on that second payment so basically we were fecked down to the boards greed anyway club goes into administration for £17 million announced by Stapleton then he F#%Ks off to Dubai for a month on a family holiday but what was cherry on the cake Stapleton reckon he didn’t know nothing he was a accountant for Christ sake and the rest was history

Exactly, there really is no comparison with everything that happened back then and now.  I get it we should be cautious but some of the stuff on this thread is totally unjustified.  If they start building dentists in the corner or have us chanting USA like the Brummies did at Luton over the weekend I'll be the first to complain, until then they have my full support.
we don’t know what the motive is of the new guy and his little consortium is only time will tell but from the past it maybe right to be slightly sceptical..im a great believe of investment on the pitch and all the other stuff follows but as I’ve said only time will tell ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 6:48 am

Listening and looking at SH’s explanations at his recent interview, I don’t believe his obvious excitement gives any creedance to any sort of conspiracy theory.
Unlike the previous incumbent it’s difficult to see where he’s put a foot wrong, yes we all have our pet issues, mine is the development of Bobby’s garden, but there’s a bigger picture and the foundations have to be laid.
I listened to a piece on Talksport the other day on Bournemouth and the criticism they’ve received in not developing their infrastructure with their Prem money is very high and now it appears that message has been taken on board and as they can’t develop their ground they’re investing 30million on their training and academy infrastructure.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 11:23 am

No conspiracy theory here just some niggling that we aren't spending more on the team and some curiosity of where they will actually spend the money, it's you lot that are determined to twist my argument to make it look like I hate investment in the club.
Feel free to quote anything that I have said to the contrary.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 1:29 pm

One of thems a hockey player right?

Hockey fights half time entertainment.
Get an organ do the charge thing as well.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 1:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
No conspiracy theory here just some niggling that we aren't spending more on the team and some curiosity of where they will actually spend the money, it's you lot that are determined to twist my argument to make it look like I hate investment in the club.

Happy to stand corrected if I'm wrong but last season's budget was mid table?  Along with all the work on the infrastructure I'm fine with that for now, it's far better than the battling relegation or 10th placed budget in League 2 we've previously had to endure.  The stadium has suffered from years of neglect and it's being addressed.  I think it's a given the £4m will be spent further improving the infrastructure, whether it be stadium improvements or better training facilities, it can only be a good thing. I wouldn't say you hate investment, I just think you're being impatient and not fully appreciating the improvements we've already seen.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 1:54 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

I'm with Ears on this.

Hallett has done an interview on the BBC where he says the best way to increase the value of the Club for the benefit of the investors is to get the team up the Leagues. great, would love to see Man Utd playing a league game at Home Park.

But he also makes it clear they (the Board) aren't going to pump money into the team?

It doesn't make sense.

I think everyone's fear is that this will either be another Kagami/Todd/Gardner fiasco or that the new Board members will be like the Glazers and look for a quick return on their investment that doesn't rely on winning football matches..
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 2:14 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I'm with Ears on this.

Hallett has done an interview on the BBC where he says the best way to increase the value of the Club for the benefit of the investors is to get the team up the Leagues. great, would love to see Man Utd playing a league game at Home Park.

But he also makes it clear they (the Board) aren't going to pump money into the team?

It doesn't make sense.  

I think everyone's fear is that this will either be another Kagami/Todd/Gardner fiasco or that the new Board members will be like the Glazers and look for a quick return on their investment that doesn't rely on winning football matches..

Everyone? scratch

ATD is generally as cynical as a Forum could ever get. Yet there’s literally only a couple people dissing this latest news.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 2:43 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I'm with Ears on this.

It doesn't make sense.  

Everyone? scratch

ATD is generally as cynical as a Forum could ever get. Yet there’s literally only a couple people dissing this latest news.

I am not dissing the investment. I have stood quietly by for years and years as we have floundered around the lower leagues on the whole and I have never advocated spending money we don't have, at the moment I find myself becoming increasingly frustrated with Si who actually has millions of pounds sloshing around in his coffers making it very clear none will be going towards the team just after encouraging everybody to dig in and buy season tickets so that we could increase spending on the team! I also do not have a problem with spending on infrastructure but I don't see why the board couldn't do the ground improvements over say a couple more years and spend say an extra million per year on the team.
I also retain the right to be sceptical over the new investors until we hear exactly what they are investing in, I live in hope but time will tell at the moment none of know what is planned.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 3:18 pm

Seems the new folk were looking to invest in an EFL club and Hallett was in the right place, at the right time to maneuvere them toward Argyle.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 3:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 3:33 pm

Jethro wrote:
One of thems a hockey player right?

Hockey fights half time entertainment.
Get an organ do the charge thing as well.

I mean we got the tv

lol!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 4:32 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I'm with Ears on this.

It doesn't make sense.  

same here im With grovey & ears on this one as well you invest in the team priority as a football club and if successful all that other shit follows Anyway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 5:23 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Happy to stand corrected if I'm wrong but last season's budget was mid table?  Along with all the work on the infrastructure I'm fine with that for now, it's far better than the battling relegation or 10th placed budget in League 2 we've previously had to endure.  The stadium has suffered from years of neglect and it's being addressed.  I think it's a given the £4m will be spent further improving the infrastructure, whether it be stadium improvements or better training facilities, it can only be a good thing.  I wouldn't say you hate investment, I just think you're being impatient and not fully appreciating the improvements we've already seen.

i see you mentioned the money being used in part to improve the training facilities which would be a good thing but i have to ask beyond what the club has done already to Harper's Park and its size and location what can the club do to improve them beyond their current level? theres not alot more they can do.

I would like to see the club eventually move out of harpers park and invest in a new training ground.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 5:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Happy to stand corrected if I'm wrong but last season's budget was mid table?  Along with all the work on the infrastructure I'm fine with that for now, it's far better than the battling relegation or 10th placed budget in League 2 we've previously had to endure.  The stadium has suffered from years of neglect and it's being addressed.  I think it's a given the £4m will be spent further improving the infrastructure, whether it be stadium improvements or better training facilities, it can only be a good thing.  I wouldn't say you hate investment, I just think you're being impatient and not fully appreciating the improvements we've already seen.

i see you mentioned the money being used in part to improve the training facilities which would be a good thing but i have to ask beyond what the club has done already to Harper's Park and its size and location what can the club do to improve them beyond their current level? theres not alot more they can do.

I would like to see the club eventually move out of harpers park and invest in a new training ground.

Where too oh I forgot you only do statements you have no answers. ld
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 6:48 pm

"They think most EFL Clubs are badly run but the effort of taking one over and turning it around was too much for them"

WTF?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 6:53 pm

Grovehill wrote:
"They think most EFL Clubs are badly run but the effort of taking one over and turning it around was too much for them"

WTF?

must have been looking into Derby.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 12:31 am

If they are looking to spend £4m on training pitches then the five year plan turned into a ten year plan, if you spent it on seats in the corners that would make sense as you would raise extra revenue for the club but to fill those seats regularly you would need to get to the CCC and you will not do that with the level of investment we have at the moment. The intake this year has been an anticlimax really after what Si said and Azaz and Mumba look tidy but they aren't ours and the best of the two we made ours is now injured. Is everyone going to be behind SI and the Hockey bheys if we get relegated or even bottom half this season.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 8:19 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I'm with Ears on this.

It doesn't make sense.  

Everyone? scratch

It's the same few doomsters, let them stew in their blinkered negativity while others are enjoying the exciting brand of football on offer while heading towards another promotion chasing season. cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 8:59 am

akagreengull wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I'm with Ears on this.

It doesn't make sense.  

Everyone? scratch

It's the same few doomsters, let them stew in their blinkered negativity while others are enjoying the exciting brand of football on offer while heading towards another promotion chasing season. cheers

Stew in their blinkered negativity? Quality debating Gullers and next time try reading what I've said before writing it off.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 am

Imagine the kiss cam panning around and spotting Nool rimming someone in the directors box, to large 'GASPS' from around a packed HP. Laughing

I don't know why I even thought of that, but the thought made me chuckle. Anyway, I'm off to the Volvo garage.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 4:42 pm

The thing to remember with investment in bricks and mortar is that it will only see a return for investors when the Club is sold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 5:28 pm

Grovehill wrote:
The thing to remember with investment in bricks and mortar is that it will only see a return for investors when the Club is sold.  

Not necessarily, if we start producing excellent prospects from upgraded academy facilities and then accrue some hefty transfer fees, that’ll find its way into the club.
Hallett has always maintained he wants PAFC to be sustainable, to be able to achieve that foundations have to be laid, which appears to me what he’s trying to do.
Schumacher has set his stall out and he appears satisfied with his squad despite the long term injury to Miller and the other current injuries.
I’m not particularly interested in so called Marquee signings we tried that with Maclean and Walton and look where that got us although the way that Azaz and Mumba have started perhaps we’ve already got them.
If we’re to believe Schumacher he got the targets he’d identified and we’ll see if he’s right come next May.
It’s not going to be honey every week but I think we’re in for a good season.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 6:02 pm

Ears is getting all worked up because Camara might be sold. I think he might explode if we started flogging off young players again, as happened with Gosling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Investment incoming
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next