Mook
Clodagh Rubbish
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Investment incoming - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 6:22 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Ears is getting all worked up because Camara might be sold. I think he might explode if we started flogging off young players again, as happened with Gosling

Ears is sick to the gills of the jam tomorrow bollocks whilst we are eating lard. I've said it before I have never advocated spending money we don't have on the team yet this obsession with the infrastructure is mental, do it by all means but why not go half and half? Fans it would seem are happy to wait for money on the team I am sure they will be just as patient to wait for some infrastructure which in the case of the academy could take five or ten years to bear fruit and what's more what would we do if we produced another gosling? Sell him and build some more training pitches?
As for Graisers blathering about Schuey being happy with his budget and happy with Mikel not being replaced it's a load of claptrap as per usual, if he criticized the club or his budget he wouldn't last long in his highly paid job or get another one when he was sacked.
Hallett knew about all these plans when he was urging fans to dig deep on the season tickets and money for game changing players and marquee signings were his words FFS not mine! Maybe you should all gang up on that lying wanker?
He must be pissing himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 6:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Ears is getting all worked up because Camara might be sold. I think he might explode if we started flogging off young players again, as happened with Gosling

Ears is sick to the gills of the jam tomorrow bollocks whilst we are eating lard. I've said it before I have never advocated spending money we don't have on the team yet this obsession with the infrastructure is mental, do it by all means but why not go half and half? Fans it would seem are happy to wait for money on the team I am sure they will be just as patient to wait for some infrastructure which in the case of the academy could take five or ten years to bear fruit and what's more what would we do if we produced another gosling? Sell him and build some more training pitches?
As for Graisers blathering about Schuey being happy with his budget and happy with Mikel not being replaced it's a load of claptrap as per usual, if he criticized the club or his budget he wouldn't last long in his highly paid job or get another one when he was sacked.
Hallett knew about all these plans when he was urging fans to dig deep on the season tickets and money for game changing players and marquee signings were his words FFS not mine! Maybe you should all gang up on that lying wanker?

You tend to always put your slant on what’s been written rather than what’s actually been written, I wrote Schumacher was satisfied with not bringing anyone a la Miller, not happy, it’s not claptrap because it’s been well reported what he said.
As for ST holders being urged to buy, I bought mine because I wanted to and not influenced by anybody, but hey 9000 ST holders must have got it badly wrong!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 7:07 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

You tend to always put your slant on what’s been written rather than what’s actually been written, I wrote Schumacher was satisfied with not bringing anyone a la Miller, not happy, it’s not claptrap because it’s been well reported what he said.
As for ST holders being urged to buy, I bought mine because I wanted to and not influenced by anybody, but hey 9000 ST holders must have got it badly wrong!
not wrong but slightly duped after a good season I’d say with the pretense of going for it with marquee signings & improving the team
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 7:14 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

not wrong but slightly duped after a good season I’d say with the pretense of going for it with marquee signings & improving the team

Reg I haven’t been duped, been supporting the greens since 1960, I don’t need persuading, encouraging or any other alledged sodding means of cajoing to renew my ST, in regards to improving the team, after watching that performance last week don’t you think it has been improved ?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 9:45 pm

Some people think football should be all about winning matches.

Some people think football is a good investment vehicle.

Anyone who sticks several million quid into a football club but doesn't want the money spent on the team is clearly in the second group.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 11:20 pm

Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Reg I haven’t been duped, been supporting the greens since 1960, I don’t need persuading, encouraging or any other alledged sodding means of cajoing to renew my ST, in regards to improving the team, after watching that performance last week don’t you think it has been improved  ?
I get it long serving fans like yourself and me included will buy season tickets come what may but the infux of new season ticket holders is on the back of a good season on the pitch & financially it’s the way they went about it promises of bigger budgets marquee signings and that we were really going for it this season when that was all bollocks why do you think there was such a rise in ST sales and the club knew that as well call it what you like aggressive marketing or being duped some fans will possibly feel short changed and improving the team only time will tell but I won’t hold me breath as you know yourself by being a long serving fan
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 6:39 am

Some people are easily pleased. Some people are naturally inquisitive and will ask questions. Some people just want a hassle free easy ride in life. Some people are never happy. Some people are the most apathetic, pessimistic miserable bastards that ever walked this planet and nothing will ever please them. Some people are just pfft,meh, whatever. Some people will look for issues/problems when there really isn't any, and some people just don't care.

And then there's Argo fans, init! Such an eclectic bunch with a myriad of opinions you will ever come across. Never a dull moment. I like it! Thumbs

PS: I really should write a song about it, and maybe play at the  pre-match jizz fest instead of the fresh, exciting never to play the same song more than once, Bill Banana or whatever the feck he's called.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 9:46 am

I bought a season ticket
Firstly cause I wanted to
But secondly cause it was meant to increase the budget for players.
Do feel slightly duped that not really seen
Many marquee non loan signings.

A big TV I can't see and 4 million quid most of it that's gonna be pumped into the grandstand.

I don't see how pumping more money into that is gonna get us past 7th in the league.
Least cream us off a million for a couple players and to tie down the likes of Hardie grant Randell.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 2:21 pm

Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Reg I haven’t been duped, been supporting the greens since 1960, I don’t need persuading, encouraging or any other alledged sodding means of cajoing to renew my ST, in regards to improving the team, after watching that performance last week don’t you think it has been improved  ?

I realize that you would have bought your ticket no matter what but you cannot deny that SI has been very misleading with what he has said regarding marquee signings, players that can change games and investment in the team, then when the season starts he then backtracks and says that no extra money will go that way, I will still go to a few games this season but I'm glad I didn't go back to buying a ST (which I did for years including my two bheys) right up until Brent started mugging us all off. I hate a bullshitter and SI has done that in black and white, what amuses me is instead of fans actually acknowledging the fact they would rather turn on me for being a negative conspiracy theorist, what Si said cannot be denied.
I am still on the fence about the new investors I still am not sure what they think they will get for their money?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 6:38 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Some people think football should be all about winning matches.

Some people think football is a good investment vehicle.

Anyone who sticks several million quid into a football club but doesn't want the money spent on the team is clearly in the second group.

I think most of us realise several million quid in football terms and spending any fraction of that on players is feck all in this day and age. If said money ends up buying a plot of land which sees further investment in training facilities which leads to a better youth academy then what's the problem? When have you ever seen better potential investment over the last 50 years? I ask this as someone who supported the consortium during the Holloway era, Stapes & Co let us fans down badly but even that wasn't a guarantee of success.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 7:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

I realize that you would have bought your ticket no matter what but you cannot deny that SI has been very misleading with what he has said regarding marquee signings, players that can change games and investment in the team, then when the season starts he then backtracks and says that no extra money will go that way, I will still go to a few games this season but I'm glad I didn't go back to buying a ST (which I did for years including my two bheys) right up until Brent started mugging us all off. I hate a bullshitter and SI has done that in black and white, what amuses me is instead of fans actually acknowledging the fact they would rather turn on me for being a negative conspiracy theorist, what Si said cannot be denied.
I am still on the fence about the new investors I still am not sure what they think they will get for their money?

Where’s the article with Hallett promising Marquee signings Ears. I’d genuinely like to read it again.

I scratch my head with your anger though. If you’d bought a season ticket off the back of Hallett promising the world if you did, I could sort of see where your angle is. But you haven’t, so I really don’t get your tub thumping? scratch
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 11:12 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Where’s the article with Hallett promising Marquee signings Ears. I’d genuinely like to read it again.

I scratch my head with your anger though. If you’d bought a season ticket off the back of Hallett promising the world if you did, I could sort of see where your angle is. But you haven’t, so I really don’t get your tub thumping? scratch

I was fifty fifty on buying a ST this year and tbh I'm glad I didn't, I will still go to maybe half the home games which still puts money in the clubs coffers so I would have thought that gives me a right to thump that tub doesn't it? I realize you and I are poles apart on Hallett and his plans for the club but your attitude is a proper
pasoti mate. No season ticket so shaddap and enjoy the ride? Don't think so.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 am

Fixing the Mayflower is the financial priority -Hallett.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 8:46 am

akagreengull wrote:

Brent truly fecked us over good with that crapshack. May have been cheaper to have knocked the whole thing down and build a new stand rather than mankover the old one that had nothing but faults and kept all of those faults.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 10:04 am

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Brent truly fecked us over good with that crapshack. May have been cheaper to have knocked the whole thing down and build a new stand rather than mankover the old one that had nothing but faults and kept all of those faults.

An ironic legacy. Argyle seems to be virtually the only company he’s ever owned that he’s walked away from, pocketing a tidy profit, whilst leaving the ground to rack and ruin.

Whadda Guy. Derriford Hospital look out.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 2:18 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Trouble is The Argyle fan base were on the whole supportive of everything that he did, if it weren't for us freaks then we wouldn't have any room to expand in any direction and we could have had his brand new mini stand that seated about four hundred people.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 2:29 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

An ironic legacy. Argyle seems to be virtually the only company he’s ever owned that he’s walked away from, pocketing a tidy profit, whilst leaving the grounduu to rack and ruin.
he r
Whadda Guy. Derriford Hospital look out.
every company he owns he walks away with money don’t fall for that he aqiures a company rinses the assets then pulls the bankruptcie or dissolvement card then moves on to the nexte xx victim/company though with argyle he stayed longer than he intended he couldn’t resist that 10 thousand coming through the gate each fortnighty in the mean time argyle were his only company making a profit and were proping up his other buisness at the time hence once resigned as chairman he pulled the bankruptcie card on all of his buisnesses salt rock went soon as resigned Same day that’s how the shyster earns his money by failure
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 2:44 pm

That's Capitalism Reg, when other people's money runs out cut and run.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 2:51 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Trouble is The Argyle fan base were on the whole supportive of everything that he did, if it weren't for us freaks then we wouldn't have any room to expand in any direction and we could have had his brand new mini stand that seated about four hundred people.
those dicks that supported him blindly don’t realise how close the club was to going back into administration
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 3:26 pm

seadog wrote:
That's Capitalism Reg, when other people's money runs out cut and run.
indeed i know what it is captain and it stinks to high heaven the working people that suffer each time he pulls that move lose there jobs homes and the down right suffering it causes people makes me sick the bag of shit he is and his ilk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 3:39 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

those dicks that supported him blindly don’t realise how close the club was to going back into administration

the senior greens and pasoti have alot to answer for on that front
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 3:43 pm

Senior Greens always liked to say yes to the God of shysterdom. Wankers.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 6:46 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Yep they were fully supportive of little jimmy right up till victory day, when Si drained the swamp of the bum licky types and we became a football club again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 8:27 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Yep they were fully supportive of little jimmy right up till victory day, when Si drained the swamp of the bum licky types and we became a football club again.

Yeap and si is still having too clean up their mess still.

The grandstand that's only just been built having this many faults so soon that he has had too have corrected its no wonder he was keen to accept that £4m offer for 20% of his shares too fix it all once and for all its a disgrace really.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 9:00 pm

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Yeap and si is still having too clean up their mess still.

The grandstand that's only just been built having this many faults so soon that he has had too have corrected its no wonder he was keen to accept that £4m offer for 20% of his shares too fix it all once and for all its a disgrace really.
Hallett wouldn’t have to fix it once and for all if he didn’t finish Brent’s plan off in the first place ..that’s always baffled me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Investment incoming
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next