Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Investment incoming

Go down 
+19
Tgwu
Coxside_Green
Czarcasm
Greenskin
Dane
mouldyoldgoat
Freathy
Jethro
Angry
Grovehill
Graiser
akagreengull
Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
RegGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Cheesy-Chips
Mook
Clodagh Rubbish
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane


Posts : 1927
Join date : 2013-02-23

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 11:30 pm

Indoor dome to enable Cat 3 to cat 2
Small parkway like stadium for academy and women
Plus 3G
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1492
Join date : 2020-03-25

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 6:48 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It's good that the club is in a position to attract additional investment, aided, no doubt, by Simon Hallett's contacts in the US. £4m isn't a huge amount but will go a long way in improving the ground, the academy etc, and may well be the first of other, larger sums.

Cue the usual short sighted suspects complaining about about seats, tarmac and big screens. Rolling Eyes

What you mean me? You see I would call myself a lifelong supporter of over fifty years who would like to see one, just one chairman actually have the bollocks "to go for it" instead of mugging the fans off with promises of game changing players then buying seats, tvs and car parks.
Anyway I was calling for Si to bring in some extra investment whilst you lot we all licking his arse and saying how wonderful he is whilst ignoring his claims of a five year plan. As others have said four mill isn't a lot of money and my guess would be more ground improvements but I live in hope that one day we can properly compete in not only this league but the one above.
Players not property used to be the mantra, doesn't seem so popular nowadays. raised eyebrow

I would have thought the lesson would have been learnt when we “ went for it” with the WC bid and the fall out from that, seems not.
From what I saw on Saturday with SS new system I think we have got some game changing players and probably always did, looks to be a midfield that Camara (when if decides to) will find it difficult to break into.
In regards to your project, the TV, new seats and car park won’t benefit me not that I care about that, but it’s been stated the TV screen will become commercially profitable, the seats are for our comfort not that I noticed, there has to be a balance and foundations laid and I think it’s about right but time will tell.

As usual you start with the old Si isn't Stapes/Kagami/Brent argument. The old one you used to trot out was that we didn't have the money to spend on the team  yet between the money SI "already had" for my (project wtf that is) but here we have had potentially five or six million quid being spent on infrastructure or trousered  by SI. Now we find out the new guy is property people. Lol. I don't want the ground to look like a shit tip but if we haven't got money to spend on the team out of five or six million when can we buy the type of players our rivals have? We are meant to be a football club ffs.

Bit ironic really, everyone of us have and still are critical of Brent not building sod all and here we now have an owner who as far as we can tell wants to lay foundations to achieve what he and I’m sure most PAFC supporters want which is a sustainable football club.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 5590
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 62
Location : Tavistock area

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 7:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Lock up yer Arboretums!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Enough to give one ex poster the screaming shits about the future of Central park
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9796
Join date : 2011-10-23

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 7:39 am

Blimey. £4m is going into the infrastructure of the club - money hugely well spent when you compare Harpers Park to other clubs with actual tangible standalone training grounds, and people still moan.

But most importantly, dilution of shares doesn’t mean Hallett pocketing any of the £4m. His share value actually decreases, but the investment amount increases the overall value of the club.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5050
Join date : 2015-07-08

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 8:03 am

Grovehill wrote:
Here we go again.

Investors put money into the Club, hint at building the fanbase but more interested in building their property portfolio.

The gullible dream of big money signings, new training grounds etc. etc.

Anyone who tries to burst the balloon of expectancy with the pin of reality is derided or abused.


FFS, they're even using the same script and buzzwords as Kagami and Co.

NOWHERE IN THE CLUB STATEMENT OR THE INTERVIEW IS THERE ANY MENTION OF IMPROVING THE FOOTBALL TEAM
in fact now we know why sigh the American investment company guy has been tarting up the place
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5050
Join date : 2015-07-08

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 8:15 am

Les Miserable wrote:
4 mill sounds low for a 20% stake, but I trust that Si has the best interests of the club at heart so would've done due diligence and this mob don't register on the shysterometer. That kind of money doesn't go far in modern football though but used wisely could give us the nudge we need to nip into the playoffs this season.
but then again he didn’t do any due diligence on brent in fact stayed very quiet for 2yrs whilst on Brent’s board
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 8:32 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Blimey. £4m is going into the infrastructure of the club - money hugely well spent when you compare Harpers Park to other clubs with actual tangible standalone training grounds, and people still moan.

But most importantly, dilution of shares doesn’t mean Hallett pocketing any of the £4m. His share value actually decreases, but the investment amount increases the overall value of the club.

Sorry for being sceptical about money men turning up at HP, especially when it's being made clear none of this money will go near the team.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 8:34 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It's good that the club is in a position to attract additional investment, aided, no doubt, by Simon Hallett's contacts in the US. £4m isn't a huge amount but will go a long way in improving the ground, the academy etc, and may well be the first of other, larger sums.

Cue the usual short sighted suspects complaining about about seats, tarmac and big screens. Rolling Eyes

What you mean me? You see I would call myself a lifelong supporter of over fifty years who would like to see one, just one chairman actually have the bollocks "to go for it" instead of mugging the fans off with promises of game changing players then buying seats, tvs and car parks.
Anyway I was calling for Si to bring in some extra investment whilst you lot we all licking his arse and saying how wonderful he is whilst ignoring his claims of a five year plan. As others have said four mill isn't a lot of money and my guess would be more ground improvements but I live in hope that one day we can properly compete in not only this league but the one above.
Players not property used to be the mantra, doesn't seem so popular nowadays. raised eyebrow

I would have thought the lesson would have been learnt when we “ went for it” with the WC bid and the fall out from that, seems not.
From what I saw on Saturday with SS new system I think we have got some game changing players and probably always did, looks to be a midfield that Camara (when if decides to) will find it difficult to break into.
In regards to your project, the TV, new seats and car park won’t benefit me not that I care about that, but it’s been stated the TV screen will become commercially profitable, the seats are for our comfort not that I noticed, there has to be a balance and foundations laid and I think it’s about right but time will tell.

As usual you start with the old Si isn't Stapes/Kagami/Brent argument. The old one you used to trot out was that we didn't have the money to spend on the team  yet between the money SI "already had" for my (project wtf that is) but here we have had potentially five or six million quid being spent on infrastructure or trousered  by SI. Now we find out the new guy is property people. Lol. I don't want the ground to look like a shit tip but if we haven't got money to spend on the team out of five or six million when can we buy the type of players our rivals have? We are meant to be a football club ffs.

Bit ironic really, everyone of us have and still are critical of Brent not building sod all and here we now have an owner who as far as we can tell wants to lay foundations to achieve what he and I’m sure most PAFC supporters want which is a sustainable football club.

Oh I'm sorry I haven't seen the plans like you obviously have, what's planned then? Nandoes, Dentist's, Hotel? All you have is a load of vague promises and a figure of £4m and an assurance that none of it will go on the team.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green




Posts : 1512
Join date : 2011-05-29

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 8:49 am

Grovehill wrote:
Here we go again.

Investors put money into the Club, hint at building the fanbase but more interested in building their property portfolio.

The gullible dream of big money signings, new training grounds etc. etc.

Anyone who tries to burst the balloon of expectancy with the pin of reality is derided or abused.


FFS, they're even using the same script and buzzwords as Kagami and Co.

NOWHERE IN THE CLUB STATEMENT OR THE INTERVIEW IS THERE ANY MENTION OF IMPROVING THE FOOTBALL TEAM

This is nothing like the Kagami era.  

Kagami's initial £2m? investment went straight into the other directors pockets via the sale of personal shares.  This £4m is going direct to the club, what's not to like?

With recent improvements to the infrastructure the team has already improved, we're now a solid League One club heading the right direction.  With further improvements to the infrastructure there's no reason the team shouldn't further improve alongside, they don't need to spell that out for you do they?.  If the team stagnates and goes backwards over the next couple of years then they'll need to explain themselves, until then give 'em a fair chance.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim


Posts : 2344
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 9:16 am

Are there any Argyle fans on here any more? Because it seems as though about 90% of this forum are a bunch of thick, moaning, bigoted old twats who will only see the downside in anything coming out of the club.

We sign a player, within 5 mins, he's been written off as rubbish, we get players on loan, that's no good either, he's not ours, he's no good anyway, we haven't got any money, it's all Halletts's fault, we're getting relegated, we can't compete. The Stadium is improved, a new stand, new seats, big screen, stuff that the club needs in this day and age, but that's no good either, because we should spend the money on players (who won't be any good anyway according the all knowing pundits on here).

Now we have investment coming into the club, £4m which is destined to improve the stadium further. Hopefully the corner between the Devonport and the new stand, but we shall see. That's a good thing isn't it?

Apparently not. Opinions range from Hallett trousering the money to a property developing land grabbing takeover by Americans.

We've seen it all before you say, quoting Kagami, Synan etc etc, don't trust anybody wearing a suit.

Reality time. We have a squad of players who can compete in this division. The manager would like a bigger budget, but so would every manager. Early days I know, but the new players look like they will improve the squad. Reason for optimism? I think so.

Now, the new investment. The £4m is actually with the club. The new investors will not be taking over any part of the club. The Chairman is remaining as the major shareholder. No strings attached. Has to be good doesn't it? More improvements to the Stadium, getting HP ready for Championship football?

The difference with the new money are the people involved. The previous incumbents were basically not suitable as Chairmen for a variety of reasons. In my view Simon Hallett is different. Plymouth born, an Argyle fan, and he has put a lot of his own money into the club, millions in fact. He is a respected figure in the US business world and any deal he has done in respect of Argyle would be in the best interests of the club.

In short, I trust Simon Hallett to take this club forward. That's something I haven't been able to say about any other owner, possibly ever.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That's mine, so feck the rest of you moaning arseholes.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7014
Join date : 2014-03-30

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 9:46 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Are there any Argyle fans on here any more? Because it seems as though about 90% of this forum are a bunch of thick, moaning, bigoted old twats who will only see the downside in anything coming out of the club.


SFD lives cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7401
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 66
Location : Mutant Abbot

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 9:53 am

Hi Pilgrim,
I can fully understand your frustration and comments, but to give some context ATD currently has 903 registered users, but in reality there is only around 20 whom I would say who post on a regular basis. Of this small number there are around 5 or 6 who don't seem to have a life and spend their time continually rehashing their Plimuff negativity.
The reality is that the club is of course financially stable from what the fans know, we have objectively some good players, a young manager who may go places in the game, a very good stadium at L1 level with a substantial fanbase and most of all play entertaining football.
It looks to me we are on course to gain promotion in the near future.
Cheers Aka. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 14042
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 10:05 am

This cannot be ATD, we just had two sensible posts, let hope it grows
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7014
Join date : 2014-03-30

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 10:15 am

Cheers Ivor.
Back to top Go down
Cheesy-Chips

Cheesy-Chips


Posts : 950
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Pfft

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 10:33 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Are there any Argyle fans on here any more? Because it seems as though about 90% of this forum are a bunch of thick, moaning, bigoted old twats who will only see the downside in anything coming out of the club.

We sign a player, within 5 mins, he's been written off as rubbish, we get players on loan, that's no good either, he's not ours, he's no good anyway, we haven't got any money, it's all Halletts's fault, we're getting relegated, we can't compete. The Stadium is improved, a new stand, new seats, big screen, stuff that the club needs in this day and age, but that's no good either, because we should spend the money on players (who won't be any good anyway according the all knowing pundits on here).

Now we have investment coming into the club, £4m which is destined to improve the stadium further. Hopefully the corner between the Devonport and the new stand, but we shall see. That's a good thing isn't it?

Apparently not. Opinions range from Hallett trousering the money to a property developing land grabbing takeover by Americans.

We've seen it all before you say, quoting Kagami, Synan etc etc, don't trust anybody wearing a suit.

Reality time. We have a squad of players who can compete in this division. The manager would like a bigger budget, but so would every manager. Early days I know, but the new players look like they will improve the squad. Reason for optimism? I think so.

Now, the new investment. The £4m is actually with the club. The new investors will not be taking over any part of the club. The Chairman is remaining as the major shareholder. No strings attached. Has to be good doesn't it? More improvements to the Stadium, getting HP ready for Championship football?


The difference with the new money are the people involved. The previous incumbents were basically not suitable as Chairmen for a variety of reasons. In my view Simon Hallett is different. Plymouth born, an Argyle fan, and he has put a lot of his own money into the club, millions in fact. He is a respected figure in the US business world and any deal he has done in respect of Argyle would be in the best interests of the club.

In short, I trust Simon Hallett to take this club forward. That's something I haven't been able to say about any other owner, possibly ever.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That's mine, so feck the rest of you moaning arseholes.

PP, I'd be thoroughly disappointed if I wasn't included in the 90%. May I add the superlatives of Gammon, racist and little Englander as well? I like them - that's what my granny used to call me.Laughing


Last edited by Cheesy-Chips on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1025
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 10:34 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Are there any Argyle fans on here any more? Because it seems as though about 90% of this forum are a bunch of thick, moaning, bigoted old twats who will only see the downside in anything coming out of the club.

We sign a player, within 5 mins, he's been written off as rubbish, we get players on loan, that's no good either, he's not ours, he's no good anyway, we haven't got any money, it's all Halletts's fault, we're getting relegated, we can't compete. The Stadium is improved, a new stand, new seats, big screen, stuff that the club needs in this day and age, but that's no good either, because we should spend the money on players (who won't be any good anyway according the all knowing pundits on here).

Now we have investment coming into the club, £4m which is destined to improve the stadium further. Hopefully the corner between the Devonport and the new stand, but we shall see. That's a good thing isn't it?

Apparently not. Opinions range from Hallett trousering the money to a property developing land grabbing takeover by Americans.

We've seen it all before you say, quoting Kagami, Synan etc etc, don't trust anybody wearing a suit.

Reality time. We have a squad of players who can compete in this division. The manager would like a bigger budget, but so would every manager. Early days I know, but the new players look like they will improve the squad. Reason for optimism? I think so.

Now, the new investment. The £4m is actually with the club. The new investors will not be taking over any part of the club. The Chairman is remaining as the major shareholder. No strings attached. Has to be good doesn't it? More improvements to the Stadium, getting HP ready for Championship football?

The difference with the new money are the people involved. The previous incumbents were basically not suitable as Chairmen for a variety of reasons. In my view Simon Hallett is different. Plymouth born, an Argyle fan, and he has put a lot of his own money into the club, millions in fact. He is a respected figure in the US business world and any deal he has done in respect of Argyle would be in the best interests of the club.

In short, I trust Simon Hallett to take this club forward. That's something I haven't been able to say about any other owner, possibly ever.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That's mine, so feck the rest of you moaning arseholes.

i remain in the wait and see what occurs because regardless to where the money will go we wont see the results of it till 1,2 maybe 3 years down the road it wont be instant that's for sure.

I trust the club invest it wisely where its most needed.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7401
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 66
Location : Mutant Abbot

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 11:04 am

Tgwu wrote:
This cannot be ATD, we just had two sensible  posts, let hope it grows
cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 11:19 am

Do we have any fans that support the football team anymore or just the chairman?
Five year plan? What happened too that then?
Marquee signing? Ditto.
Is it any wonder I question what is happening to the money?
This place is more like pasoti than pasoti used to be. You literally cannot make a simple point without it being twisted into something else and be decried as a negative naysayer.
Is the £4m going to be used to fill in Bobbies corner with extra seating? If so why don't they say so? Or is it going to be used to build a hotel or dentists school there? I am amazed that fans are so trusting of anybody after the shit show of directors we have had in the past and just because you are sceptical of the motives of an American property developer doesn't make you anti Argyle.
What's more it's the same old faces that branded me as a tin foil hat wearing loon who was anti Argyle when Brent rocked up and a lot of people have short memories.
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand


Posts : 21
Join date : 2022-07-12

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 11:21 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Are there any Argyle fans on here any more? Because it seems as though about 90% of this forum are a bunch of thick, moaning, bigoted old twats who will only see the downside in anything coming out of the club.

We sign a player, within 5 mins, he's been written off as rubbish, we get players on loan, that's no good either, he's not ours, he's no good anyway, we haven't got any money, it's all Halletts's fault, we're getting relegated, we can't compete. The Stadium is improved, a new stand, new seats, big screen, stuff that the club needs in this day and age, but that's no good either, because we should spend the money on players (who won't be any good anyway according the all knowing pundits on here).

Now we have investment coming into the club, £4m which is destined to improve the stadium further. Hopefully the corner between the Devonport and the new stand, but we shall see. That's a good thing isn't it?

Apparently not. Opinions range from Hallett trousering the money to a property developing land grabbing takeover by Americans.

We've seen it all before you say, quoting Kagami, Synan etc etc, don't trust anybody wearing a suit.

Reality time. We have a squad of players who can compete in this division. The manager would like a bigger budget, but so would every manager. Early days I know, but the new players look like they will improve the squad. Reason for optimism? I think so.

Now, the new investment. The £4m is actually with the club. The new investors will not be taking over any part of the club. The Chairman is remaining as the major shareholder. No strings attached. Has to be good doesn't it? More improvements to the Stadium, getting HP ready for Championship football?

The difference with the new money are the people involved. The previous incumbents were basically not suitable as Chairmen for a variety of reasons. In my view Simon Hallett is different. Plymouth born, an Argyle fan, and he has put a lot of his own money into the club, millions in fact. He is a respected figure in the US business world and any deal he has done in respect of Argyle would be in the best interests of the club.

In short, I trust Simon Hallett to take this club forward. That's something I haven't been able to say about any other owner, possibly ever.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That's mine, so feck the rest of you moaning arseholes.

I do agree with you entirely
That earwegoagain individual must bore the living daylights out of whoever they live with
Moan moan moan incessantly
You'd do well to remove him/her as they are putting off people reading
Dreadful
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 11:28 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It's good that the club is in a position to attract additional investment, aided, no doubt, by Simon Hallett's contacts in the US. £4m isn't a huge amount but will go a long way in improving the ground, the academy etc, and may well be the first of other, larger sums.

Cue the usual short sighted suspects complaining about about seats, tarmac and big screens. Rolling Eyes

What you mean me? You see I would call myself a lifelong supporter of over fifty years who would like to see one, just one chairman actually have the bollocks "to go for it" instead of mugging the fans off with promises of game changing players then buying seats, tvs and car parks.
Anyway I was calling for Si to bring in some extra investment whilst you lot we all licking his arse and saying how wonderful he is whilst ignoring his claims of a five year plan. As others have said four mill isn't a lot of money and my guess would be more ground improvements but I live in hope that one day we can properly compete in not only this league but the one above.
Players not property used to be the mantra, doesn't seem so popular nowadays. raised eyebrow

Just for some context here is the first thing that I said on the subject after you made your comment about "short sighted posters" you didn't even wait for the negative comments did you? A sceptical person may think that you couldn't win an argument elsewhere so started another one here.
Now we have a pasoti like hounding of posters who you and Graiser THINK have an alternative view to yourselves and we can't have that can we as you are always right even when in a minority.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish




Posts : 241
Join date : 2020-05-28

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 11:34 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Here we go again.

Investors put money into the Club, hint at building the fanbase but more interested in building their property portfolio.

The gullible dream of big money signings, new training grounds etc. etc.

Anyone who tries to burst the balloon of expectancy with the pin of reality is derided or abused.


FFS, they're even using the same script and buzzwords as Kagami and Co.

NOWHERE IN THE CLUB STATEMENT OR THE INTERVIEW IS THERE ANY MENTION OF IMPROVING THE FOOTBALL TEAM

This is nothing like the Kagami era.  

Kagami's initial £2m? investment went straight into the other directors pockets via the sale of personal shares.  This £4m is going direct to the club, what's not to like?

With recent improvements to the infrastructure the team has already improved, we're now a solid League One club heading the right direction.  With further improvements to the infrastructure there's no reason the team shouldn't further improve alongside, they don't need to spell that out for you do they?.  If the team stagnates and goes backwards over the next couple of years then they'll need to explain themselves, until then give 'em a fair chance.

This is a very crucial distinction. When Kagami bought in, Paul Stapleton went straight out and bought a house in Slapton Sands on the proceeds.

I would very much suspect that a lot of this will go towards an integrated training base that can occupy a cat 1 academy, the first and the womens team. I would estimate the bill for this at around £20-25 mill, so perhaps this money will go towards acquiring a suitable site and enabling works.

I don't think the club have been unclear that this a long term aim and I don't see what there isn't to like about it, but as has been mentioned some will moan about anything
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 12:26 pm

Savageandstrand wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Are there any Argyle fans on here any more? Because it seems as though about 90% of this forum are a bunch of thick, moaning, bigoted old twats who will only see the downside in anything coming out of the club.

We sign a player, within 5 mins, he's been written off as rubbish, we get players on loan, that's no good either, he's not ours, he's no good anyway, we haven't got any money, it's all Halletts's fault, we're getting relegated, we can't compete. The Stadium is improved, a new stand, new seats, big screen, stuff that the club needs in this day and age, but that's no good either, because we should spend the money on players (who won't be any good anyway according the all knowing pundits on here).

Now we have investment coming into the club, £4m which is destined to improve the stadium further. Hopefully the corner between the Devonport and the new stand, but we shall see. That's a good thing isn't it?

Apparently not. Opinions range from Hallett trousering the money to a property developing land grabbing takeover by Americans.

We've seen it all before you say, quoting Kagami, Synan etc etc, don't trust anybody wearing a suit.

Reality time. We have a squad of players who can compete in this division. The manager would like a bigger budget, but so would every manager. Early days I know, but the new players look like they will improve the squad. Reason for optimism? I think so.

Now, the new investment. The £4m is actually with the club. The new investors will not be taking over any part of the club. The Chairman is remaining as the major shareholder. No strings attached. Has to be good doesn't it? More improvements to the Stadium, getting HP ready for Championship football?

The difference with the new money are the people involved. The previous incumbents were basically not suitable as Chairmen for a variety of reasons. In my view Simon Hallett is different. Plymouth born, an Argyle fan, and he has put a lot of his own money into the club, millions in fact. He is a respected figure in the US business world and any deal he has done in respect of Argyle would be in the best interests of the club.

In short, I trust Simon Hallett to take this club forward. That's something I haven't been able to say about any other owner, possibly ever.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That's mine, so feck the rest of you moaning arseholes.

I do agree with you entirely
That earwegoagain individual must bore the living daylights out of whoever they live with
Moan moan moan incessantly
You'd do well to remove him/her as they are putting off people reading
Dreadful

Feck off Harve. What have I said that you all disagree with so much then?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 12:28 pm

I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 5464
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 57
Location : Plymouth

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 12:33 pm

Nothing like foreign investment to get the blood boiling !!


Good that some investment has come into the club from across the pond.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1025
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 12:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Savageandstrand wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Are there any Argyle fans on here any more? Because it seems as though about 90% of this forum are a bunch of thick, moaning, bigoted old twats who will only see the downside in anything coming out of the club.

We sign a player, within 5 mins, he's been written off as rubbish, we get players on loan, that's no good either, he's not ours, he's no good anyway, we haven't got any money, it's all Halletts's fault, we're getting relegated, we can't compete. The Stadium is improved, a new stand, new seats, big screen, stuff that the club needs in this day and age, but that's no good either, because we should spend the money on players (who won't be any good anyway according the all knowing pundits on here).

Now we have investment coming into the club, £4m which is destined to improve the stadium further. Hopefully the corner between the Devonport and the new stand, but we shall see. That's a good thing isn't it?

Apparently not. Opinions range from Hallett trousering the money to a property developing land grabbing takeover by Americans.

We've seen it all before you say, quoting Kagami, Synan etc etc, don't trust anybody wearing a suit.

Reality time. We have a squad of players who can compete in this division. The manager would like a bigger budget, but so would every manager. Early days I know, but the new players look like they will improve the squad. Reason for optimism? I think so.

Now, the new investment. The £4m is actually with the club. The new investors will not be taking over any part of the club. The Chairman is remaining as the major shareholder. No strings attached. Has to be good doesn't it? More improvements to the Stadium, getting HP ready for Championship football?

The difference with the new money are the people involved. The previous incumbents were basically not suitable as Chairmen for a variety of reasons. In my view Simon Hallett is different. Plymouth born, an Argyle fan, and he has put a lot of his own money into the club, millions in fact. He is a respected figure in the US business world and any deal he has done in respect of Argyle would be in the best interests of the club.

In short, I trust Simon Hallett to take this club forward. That's something I haven't been able to say about any other owner, possibly ever.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That's mine, so feck the rest of you moaning arseholes.

I do agree with you entirely
That earwegoagain individual must bore the living daylights out of whoever they live with
Moan moan moan incessantly
You'd do well to remove him/her as they are putting off people reading
Dreadful

Feck off Harve. What have I said that you all disagree with so much then?

best stick him on ignore then if thats true and he is harve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Investment incoming
Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Investment in the club

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: