Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Investment incoming

Go down 
+19
Tgwu
Coxside_Green
Czarcasm
Greenskin
Dane
mouldyoldgoat
Freathy
Jethro
Angry
Grovehill
Graiser
akagreengull
Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
RegGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Cheesy-Chips
Mook
Clodagh Rubbish
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 5464
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 57
Location : Plymouth

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 10:43 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?



I support the new investment arriving into the club and Hallett should be congratulated for that.

Until we get more on - and from - the new folk, it is difficult to come up with a answer on what the motivation is. Two are NHL stars, so you would expect them to be more interested in the sporting side of Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 11:01 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?



I support the new investment arriving into the club and Hallett should be congratulated for  that.

Until we get more on - and from - the new folk, it is difficult to come up with a answer on what the motivation is. Two are NHL stars, so you would expect them to be more interested in the sporting side of Argyle.

But why has he been persuaded to part with £4m? I can't see the sporting side of things getting his money back and I would be amazed if it were a philanthropic gesture? This hasn't suddenly happened and I would just love to know exactly where the money is going, Dane says it's a dome for training but if that's the case why didn't they say that when they announced his joining the club?

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1025
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 11:19 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?



I support the new investment arriving into the club and Hallett should be congratulated for  that.

Until we get more on - and from - the new folk, it is difficult to come up with a answer on what the motivation is. Two are NHL stars, so you would expect them to be more interested in the sporting side of Argyle.

The may have stroke to finally get that ice rink built and a decent one at that
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 15080
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 59
Location : Berkshire

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 12:07 am

Savageandstrand wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Are there any Argyle fans on here any more? Because it seems as though about 90% of this forum are a bunch of thick, moaning, bigoted old twats who will only see the downside in anything coming out of the club.

We sign a player, within 5 mins, he's been written off as rubbish, we get players on loan, that's no good either, he's not ours, he's no good anyway, we haven't got any money, it's all Halletts's fault, we're getting relegated, we can't compete. The Stadium is improved, a new stand, new seats, big screen, stuff that the club needs in this day and age, but that's no good either, because we should spend the money on players (who won't be any good anyway according the all knowing pundits on here).

Now we have investment coming into the club, £4m which is destined to improve the stadium further. Hopefully the corner between the Devonport and the new stand, but we shall see. That's a good thing isn't it?

Apparently not. Opinions range from Hallett trousering the money to a property developing land grabbing takeover by Americans.

We've seen it all before you say, quoting Kagami, Synan etc etc, don't trust anybody wearing a suit.

Reality time. We have a squad of players who can compete in this division. The manager would like a bigger budget, but so would every manager. Early days I know, but the new players look like they will improve the squad. Reason for optimism? I think so.

Now, the new investment. The £4m is actually with the club. The new investors will not be taking over any part of the club. The Chairman is remaining as the major shareholder. No strings attached. Has to be good doesn't it? More improvements to the Stadium, getting HP ready for Championship football?

The difference with the new money are the people involved. The previous incumbents were basically not suitable as Chairmen for a variety of reasons. In my view Simon Hallett is different. Plymouth born, an Argyle fan, and he has put a lot of his own money into the club, millions in fact. He is a respected figure in the US business world and any deal he has done in respect of Argyle would be in the best interests of the club.

In short, I trust Simon Hallett to take this club forward. That's something I haven't been able to say about any other owner, possibly ever.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That's mine, so feck the rest of you moaning arseholes.

I do agree with you entirely
That earwegoagain individual must bore the living daylights out of whoever they live with
Moan moan moan incessantly
You'd do well to remove him/her as they are putting off people reading
Dreadful

You are not a mod so don’t tell us our job. If you continue the only one who will leave the forum will be you.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1872
Join date : 2012-01-25

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 12:08 am

The spin put on the Kagami and Gardner investments was "build overseas fan base" and "developments"
will "generate income for the football Club"

Never seen points handed out for having a nice ground. And never got an answer from the Kagami fan club about examples of FL teams that get a good proportion off their income from non match day revenue.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9796
Join date : 2011-10-23

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 12:11 am

This isn’t just one person stumping up £4m. It’s multiple investors.

Ears, your default position is a bit like a woman who’s been raped, and then hates every man she ever encounters because they’ll obviously rape her aswell, given half an opportunity.

If you cannot distinguish between who Hallett is, and trust his judgement after the £15m he’s put in and the transformation that’s taken place behind the scenes on his watch, then in all honesty your opinion just comes across as bitter, completely misinformed, and just basically a tad hateful.

A marquee signing in your eyes means going out and spending, what, a million on a player - who may or may not turn out to be a financial disaster. For me, the signing of Azaz comfortably fits the marquee label. I’m not sure if you’ve seen him play, but he is in all honesty way better than our level. I also don’t get why you’re het up about the club mentioning a 5 yr plan? If we’d sneaked the playoffs and gone up, that would have been a 3 year plan?

What Hallett has done since taking the reins is light years ahead of any other previous owners. Ever. That isn’t me arse-licking Si. It’s simply looking at the actual facts and drawing a logical conclusion. If an owner is being cnuty with my club, I’ll recognise it. But it’s a shame you really can’t recognise when someone is not.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 12:17 am

Czarcasm wrote:
This isn’t just one person stumping up £4m. It’s multiple investors.

Ears, your default position is a bit like a woman who’s been raped, and then hates every man she ever encounters because they’ll obviously rape her aswell, given half an opportunity.

If you cannot distinguish between who Hallett is, and trust his judgement after the £15m he’s put in and the transformation that’s taken place behind the scenes on his watch, then in all honesty your opinion just comes across as bitter, completely misinformed, and just basically a tad hateful. A marquee signing in your eyes means going out and spending, what, a million on a player - who may or may not turn out to be a financial disaster. For me, the signing of Azaz comfortably fits the marquee label. I’m not sure if you’ve seen him play, but he is in all honesty way better than our level. I also don’t get why you’re get up about the club mentioning a 5 yr plan? If we’d sneaked the playoffs and gone up, that would have been a 3 year plan?

What Hallett has done since taking the reins is light years ahead of any other previous owners. Ever. That isn’t me arse-licking Si. It’s simply looking at the actual facts and drawing a logical conclusion. If an owner is being cnuty with my club, I’ll recognise it. But it’s a shame you really can’t recognise when someone is not.




Firstly I thought Azaz belonged to Villa not us and secondly despite the massive stew in everyone's knickers what have I actually said that is so fooking critical of the man you all love so much?
All I have done is asked what this is all about and I am amazed that more hasn't been said on the subject by the board. Nature abhors a vaccum as I do and I am intrigued about what this is all about hence I ask questions then get accused of being some sort of short sighted Hallett hater.
Like I said list below what I have said that is so fooking offensive to you all?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1872
Join date : 2012-01-25

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 12:21 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?



I support the new investment arriving into the club and Hallett should be congratulated for  that.

Until we get more on - and from - the new folk, it is difficult to come up with a answer on what the motivation is. Two are NHL stars, so you would expect them to be more interested in the sporting side of Argyle.


Not having a go at this poster, more of a general comment about some people's lack of understanding of financial matters.

Any money spent on tangible assets/ infrastructure will increase the net worth of the asset that is PAFC, thereby increasing  the value of SH's Shares in the Club. (Players are a depreciating asset so buying a million pound player will not make the Club worth more-just the opposite in fact as his salary will be a Liabilty on the Balance sheet)

Putting money into a business does not in itself increase the value of the business- it's value is related to the value of assets (hence spending money on infrastructure is good) and the ability to generate income.


The more i hear, the more this sounds like a rehash of the Kagami/Gardner "Back the Bid" bollox- talking about building a stadium to host World Cup matches while under a transfer embargo due to unpaid tax.

As for NHL stars being involved, I doubt if they even know- Terry Wogan used to own 1000's acres of woodland for Tax purposes but it didn't make him a Lumberjack.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 5464
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 57
Location : Plymouth

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 12:36 am

Grovehill wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?



I support the new investment arriving into the club and Hallett should be congratulated for  that.

Until we get more on - and from - the new folk, it is difficult to come up with a answer on what the motivation is. Two are NHL stars, so you would expect them to be more interested in the sporting side of Argyle.


Not having a go at this poster, more of a general comment about some people's lack of understanding of financial matters.

Any money spent on tangible assets/ infrastructure will increase the net worth of the asset that is PAFC, thereby increasing  the value of SH's Shares in the Club. (Players are a depreciating asset so buying a million pound player will not make the Club worth more-just the opposite in fact as his salary will be a Liabilty on the Balance sheet)

Putting money into a business does not in itself increase the value of the business- it's value is related to the value of assets (hence spending money on infrastructure is good) and the ability to generate income.


The more i hear, the more this sounds like a rehash of the Kagami/Gardner "Back the Bid" bollox- talking about building a stadium to host World Cup matches while under a transfer embargo due to unpaid tax.

As for NHL stars being involved, I doubt if they even know- Terry Wogan used to own 1000's acres of woodland for Tax purposes but it didn't make him a Lumberjack.



I was not talking about the first team when referring to the two NHL stars being interested in the sporting side of Argyle. The club does a lot of sporting work in the community and extra ideas and cash welcome.  


I am fully aware that the majority of the £4 million will go on infrastructure work and that will not be cheap. Nowhere have I mentioned strengthening the first team with this investment.

I understand the views of others on past events and the mess left behind.  But we are in the here and now, so any investment for whatever purpose is good news. If future investment makes its way to Home Park, then yes, some of that should go first team strengthening.



Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 5464
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 57
Location : Plymouth

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 12:56 am

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?



I support the new investment arriving into the club and Hallett should be congratulated for  that.

Until we get more on - and from - the new folk, it is difficult to come up with a answer on what the motivation is. Two are NHL stars, so you would expect them to be more interested in the sporting side of Argyle.

The may have stroke to finally get that ice rink built and a decent one at that



I was not talking about the first team, more on the sporting ventures Argyle undertake in the community and new cash would be most welcome there.


Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1025
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 1:08 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?



I support the new investment arriving into the club and Hallett should be congratulated for  that.

Until we get more on - and from - the new folk, it is difficult to come up with a answer on what the motivation is. Two are NHL stars, so you would expect them to be more interested in the sporting side of Argyle.

The may have stroke to finally get that ice rink built and a decent one at that



I was not talking about the first team, more on the sporting ventures Argyle undertake in the community and new cash would be most welcome there.



nor was i was i was talking about the phantom ice rink
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 5464
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 57
Location : Plymouth

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 1:10 am

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?



I support the new investment arriving into the club and Hallett should be congratulated for  that.

Until we get more on - and from - the new folk, it is difficult to come up with a answer on what the motivation is. Two are NHL stars, so you would expect them to be more interested in the sporting side of Argyle.

The may have stroke to finally get that ice rink built and a decent one at that



I was not talking about the first team, more on the sporting ventures Argyle undertake in the community and new cash would be most welcome there.



nor was i was i was talking about the phantom ice rink


And a good pun it was too !!

Perhaps they could contact PCC over that matter and demand that they have the contract to build a state-of-the-art ice rink and not James Brent.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green




Posts : 1512
Join date : 2011-05-29

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 2:00 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?

You could always pop up to the fans forum that's being held before the Peterborough (league) game and ask some questions.

At this moment in time I'm not too bothered about the new director or the backing team's motivation as he doesn't change the dynamics of the boardroom, he has as much clout as Kagami did in the grand scheme of things, very little.  If they want to invest to dodge taxes in America or grow a property portfolio here I couldn't care less, so long as the club retains ownership and the team on the pitch prosper as a result.  Their 20% shareholding is obviously theirs to do as they please should they decide to sell for profit in future.  The bottom line is I've been very happy with Mr Hallett's leadership to date so I'm happy to trust his judgement on this one.  Should the dynamics or direction of the club change in the future then I'll re-evaluate, until then I see no reason to fear monsters under the bed.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 2:46 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?

You could always pop up to the fans forum that's being held before the Peterborough (league) game and ask some questions.

At this moment in time I'm not too bothered about the new director or the backing team's motivation as he doesn't change the dynamics of the boardroom, he has as much clout as Kagami did in the grand scheme of things, very little.  If they want to invest to dodge taxes in America or grow a property portfolio here I couldn't care less, so long as the club retains ownership and the team on the pitch prosper as a result.  Their 20% shareholding is obviously theirs to do as they please should they decide to sell for profit in future.  The bottom line is I've been very happy with Mr Hallett's leadership to date so I'm happy to trust his judgement on this one.  Should the dynamics or direction of the club change in the future then I'll re-evaluate, until then I see no reason to fear monsters under the bed.

The old Dickler "if you don't go to fans forums you'm a coward so shaddap and enjoy the ride" lol. I went to couple of forums and It's best left to the dribblers imo. I've asked about disabled parking, the shite catering facilities and the queues at the turnstiles and been mugged off every time and nothing has ever changed.
I love the way everyone is so supportive of the team building in the future, yet if we have a bad season the board will need to invest in team to regain the support that will drift away quicker than it takes to build it up.
I was going to get a season ticket again this year but in the end I thought fook that because I didn't believe that the extra money was going on players and I was right, absolutely and completely one hundred percent right in fact.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green




Posts : 1512
Join date : 2011-05-29

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 3:26 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?

You could always pop up to the fans forum that's being held before the Peterborough (league) game and ask some questions.

At this moment in time I'm not too bothered about the new director or the backing team's motivation as he doesn't change the dynamics of the boardroom, he has as much clout as Kagami did in the grand scheme of things, very little.  If they want to invest to dodge taxes in America or grow a property portfolio here I couldn't care less, so long as the club retains ownership and the team on the pitch prosper as a result.  Their 20% shareholding is obviously theirs to do as they please should they decide to sell for profit in future.  The bottom line is I've been very happy with Mr Hallett's leadership to date so I'm happy to trust his judgement on this one.  Should the dynamics or direction of the club change in the future then I'll re-evaluate, until then I see no reason to fear monsters under the bed.

The old Dickler "if you don't go to fans forums you'm a coward so shaddap and enjoy the ride" lol. I went to couple of forums and It's best left to the dribblers imo. I've asked about disabled parking, the shite catering facilities and the queues at the turnstiles and been mugged off every time and nothing has ever changed.
I love the way everyone is so supportive of the team building in the future, yet if we have a bad season the board will need to invest in team to regain the support that will drift away quicker than it takes to build it up.
I was going to get a season ticket again this year but in the end I thought fook that because I didn't believe that the extra money was going on players and I was right, absolutely and completely one hundred percent right in fact.

Pretty sure we've moved on from the Nooligans.

The extra £30 per ST was never gonna show any real noticeable improvements in the playing staff when spread across 6 new signings, we do however look a little stronger than 12 months ago, at least we did until Miller got injured.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5051
Join date : 2015-07-09

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 3:33 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Here we go again.

Investors put money into the Club, hint at building the fanbase but more interested in building their property portfolio.

The gullible dream of big money signings, new training grounds etc. etc.

Anyone who tries to burst the balloon of expectancy with the pin of reality is derided or abused.


FFS, they're even using the same script and buzzwords as Kagami and Co.

NOWHERE IN THE CLUB STATEMENT OR THE INTERVIEW IS THERE ANY MENTION OF IMPROVING THE FOOTBALL TEAM

This is nothing like the Kagami era.  

Kagami's initial £2m? investment went straight into the other directors pockets via the sale of personal shares.  This £4m is going direct to the club, what's not to like?

With recent improvements to the infrastructure the team has already improved, we're now a solid League One club heading the right direction.  With further improvements to the infrastructure there's no reason the team shouldn't further improve alongside, they don't need to spell that out for you do they?.  If the team stagnates and goes backwards over the next couple of years then they'll need to explain themselves, until then give 'em a fair chance.
plus Stapleton & rest of em cooked the books by selling off the team to make it look good first payment went straight in there pockets but once the Japanese realised they were conned they wouldn’t hand over no more money to the greedy f#%Ks ..by then it was to late as they were relying on that second payment so basically we were fecked down to the boards greed anyway club goes into administration for £17 million announced by Stapleton then he F#%Ks off to Dubai for a month on a family holiday but what was cherry on the cake Stapleton reckon he didn’t know nothing he was a accountant for Christ sake and the rest was history
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1025
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 4:11 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?



I support the new investment arriving into the club and Hallett should be congratulated for  that.

Until we get more on - and from - the new folk, it is difficult to come up with a answer on what the motivation is. Two are NHL stars, so you would expect them to be more interested in the sporting side of Argyle.

The may have stroke to finally get that ice rink built and a decent one at that



I was not talking about the first team, more on the sporting ventures Argyle undertake in the community and new cash would be most welcome there.



nor was i was i was talking about the phantom ice rink


And a good pun it was too !!

Perhaps they could contact PCC over that matter and demand that they have the contract to build a state-of-the-art ice rink and not James Brent.


it wouldnt be a bad idea to be fair anything to get the stank of Brent away from the club once and for all and a proper ice arena that gives the public their rink and has a seperate one with capacity that could be used for multi purpose including homing an ice hockey team and the Patriots would be an all year money spinner for the club too.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green




Posts : 1512
Join date : 2011-05-29

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 4:27 am

RegGreen wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Here we go again.

Investors put money into the Club, hint at building the fanbase but more interested in building their property portfolio.

The gullible dream of big money signings, new training grounds etc. etc.

Anyone who tries to burst the balloon of expectancy with the pin of reality is derided or abused.


FFS, they're even using the same script and buzzwords as Kagami and Co.

NOWHERE IN THE CLUB STATEMENT OR THE INTERVIEW IS THERE ANY MENTION OF IMPROVING THE FOOTBALL TEAM

This is nothing like the Kagami era.  

Kagami's initial £2m? investment went straight into the other directors pockets via the sale of personal shares.  This £4m is going direct to the club, what's not to like?

With recent improvements to the infrastructure the team has already improved, we're now a solid League One club heading the right direction.  With further improvements to the infrastructure there's no reason the team shouldn't further improve alongside, they don't need to spell that out for you do they?.  If the team stagnates and goes backwards over the next couple of years then they'll need to explain themselves, until then give 'em a fair chance.
plus Stapleton & rest of em cooked the books by selling off the team to make it look good first payment went straight in there pockets but once the Japanese realised they were conned they wouldn’t hand over no more money to the greedy f#%Ks ..by then it was to late as they were relying on that second payment so basically we were fecked down to the boards greed anyway club goes into administration for £17 million announced by Stapleton then he F#%Ks off to Dubai for a month on a family holiday but what was cherry on the cake Stapleton reckon he didn’t know nothing he was a accountant for Christ sake and the rest was history

Exactly, there really is no comparison with everything that happened back then and now. I get it we should be cautious but some of the stuff on this thread is totally unjustified. If they start building dentists in the corner or have us chanting USA like the Brummies did at Luton over the weekend I'll be the first to complain, until then they have my full support.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1492
Join date : 2020-03-26

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 4:28 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It's good that the club is in a position to attract additional investment, aided, no doubt, by Simon Hallett's contacts in the US. £4m isn't a huge amount but will go a long way in improving the ground, the academy etc, and may well be the first of other, larger sums.

Cue the usual short sighted suspects complaining about about seats, tarmac and big screens. Rolling Eyes

What you mean me? You see I would call myself a lifelong supporter of over fifty years who would like to see one, just one chairman actually have the bollocks "to go for it" instead of mugging the fans off with promises of game changing players then buying seats, tvs and car parks.
Anyway I was calling for Si to bring in some extra investment whilst you lot we all licking his arse and saying how wonderful he is whilst ignoring his claims of a five year plan. As others have said four mill isn't a lot of money and my guess would be more ground improvements but I live in hope that one day we can properly compete in not only this league but the one above.
Players not property used to be the mantra, doesn't seem so popular nowadays. raised eyebrow

I would have thought the lesson would have been learnt when we “ went for it” with the WC bid and the fall out from that, seems not.
From what I saw on Saturday with SS new system I think we have got some game changing players and probably always did, looks to be a midfield that Camara (when if decides to) will find it difficult to break into.
In regards to your project, the TV, new seats and car park won’t benefit me not that I care about that, but it’s been stated the TV screen will become commercially profitable, the seats are for our comfort not that I noticed, there has to be a balance and foundations laid and I think it’s about right but time will tell.

As usual you start with the old Si isn't Stapes/Kagami/Brent argument. The old one you used to trot out was that we didn't have the money to spend on the team  yet between the money SI "already had" for my (project wtf that is) but here we have had potentially five or six million quid being spent on infrastructure or trousered  by SI. Now we find out the new guy is property people. Lol. I don't want the ground to look like a shit tip but if we haven't got money to spend on the team out of five or six million when can we buy the type of players our rivals have? We are meant to be a football club ffs.

Bit ironic really, everyone of us have and still are critical of Brent not building sod all and here we now have an owner who as far as we can tell wants to lay foundations to achieve what he and I’m sure most PAFC supporters want which is a sustainable football club.

Oh I'm sorry I haven't seen the plans like you obviously have, what's planned then? Nandoes, Dentist's, Hotel? All you have is a load of vague promises and a figure of £4m and an assurance that none of it will go on the team.

And all you have is the same regurgitating fixation on the tv screen, seats and car park.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1872
Join date : 2012-01-25

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 4:30 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?

You could always pop up to the fans forum that's being held before the Peterborough (league) game and ask some questions.

At this moment in time I'm not too bothered about the new director or the backing team's motivation as he doesn't change the dynamics of the boardroom, he has as much clout as Kagami did in the grand scheme of things, very little.  If they want to invest to dodge taxes in America or grow a property portfolio here I couldn't care less, so long as the club retains ownership and the team on the pitch prosper as a result.  Their 20% shareholding is obviously theirs to do as they please should they decide to sell for profit in future.  The bottom line is I've been very happy with Mr Hallett's leadership to date so I'm happy to trust his judgement on this one.  Should the dynamics or direction of the club change in the future then I'll re-evaluate, until then I see no reason to fear monsters under the bed.


Can't understand what you mean by that. People need to accept that their is no such entity as Plymouth Argyle Football Club. There is a business owned by SH (and a few others) Anyone giving money to or investing in PAFC is putting it into SH's business. £4 million put into PAFC isn't going to be there when SH departs.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1492
Join date : 2020-03-26

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 4:35 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?

Pop along to the fans forum next week and ask
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1025
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 4:36 am

Grovehill wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?

You could always pop up to the fans forum that's being held before the Peterborough (league) game and ask some questions.

At this moment in time I'm not too bothered about the new director or the backing team's motivation as he doesn't change the dynamics of the boardroom, he has as much clout as Kagami did in the grand scheme of things, very little.  If they want to invest to dodge taxes in America or grow a property portfolio here I couldn't care less, so long as the club retains ownership and the team on the pitch prosper as a result.  Their 20% shareholding is obviously theirs to do as they please should they decide to sell for profit in future.  The bottom line is I've been very happy with Mr Hallett's leadership to date so I'm happy to trust his judgement on this one.  Should the dynamics or direction of the club change in the future then I'll re-evaluate, until then I see no reason to fear monsters under the bed.


Can't understand what you mean by that. People need to accept that their is no such entity as Plymouth Argyle Football Club. There is a business owned by SH (and a few others) Anyone giving money to or investing in PAFC is putting it into SH's business. £4 million put into PAFC isn't going to be there when SH departs.

That group that bought 20% will get their £4M back with the interest when the club is sold whenever that maybe i guess.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 4:52 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I would be really interested to know what everyone else's view of the new director is? SI is obviously a massive Argyle fan and that is why he has stuck about fifteen million of his hard earned in, but what does everyone think is the motivation for the new guy and what do you think he is looking to get out of it?

Pop along to the fans forum next week and ask

lol! lol! lol! Why didn't you post that on the fans forum? This is an Argyle forum to discuss all things Argyle, what I'm doing is using the forum for what it was designed to do, if you don't like my POV either ignore it or argue your side.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 4:55 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It's good that the club is in a position to attract additional investment, aided, no doubt, by Simon Hallett's contacts in the US. £4m isn't a huge amount but will go a long way in improving the ground, the academy etc, and may well be the first of other, larger sums.

Cue the usual short sighted suspects complaining about about seats, tarmac and big screens. Rolling Eyes

What you mean me? You see I would call myself a lifelong supporter of over fifty years who would like to see one, just one chairman actually have the bollocks "to go for it" instead of mugging the fans off with promises of game changing players then buying seats, tvs and car parks.
Anyway I was calling for Si to bring in some extra investment whilst you lot we all licking his arse and saying how wonderful he is whilst ignoring his claims of a five year plan. As others have said four mill isn't a lot of money and my guess would be more ground improvements but I live in hope that one day we can properly compete in not only this league but the one above.
Players not property used to be the mantra, doesn't seem so popular nowadays. raised eyebrow

I would have thought the lesson would have been learnt when we “ went for it” with the WC bid and the fall out from that, seems not.
From what I saw on Saturday with SS new system I think we have got some game changing players and probably always did, looks to be a midfield that Camara (when if decides to) will find it difficult to break into.
In regards to your project, the TV, new seats and car park won’t benefit me not that I care about that, but it’s been stated the TV screen will become commercially profitable, the seats are for our comfort not that I noticed, there has to be a balance and foundations laid and I think it’s about right but time will tell.

As usual you start with the old Si isn't Stapes/Kagami/Brent argument. The old one you used to trot out was that we didn't have the money to spend on the team  yet between the money SI "already had" for my (project wtf that is) but here we have had potentially five or six million quid being spent on infrastructure or trousered  by SI. Now we find out the new guy is property people. Lol. I don't want the ground to look like a shit tip but if we haven't got money to spend on the team out of five or six million when can we buy the type of players our rivals have? We are meant to be a football club ffs.

Bit ironic really, everyone of us have and still are critical of Brent not building sod all and here we now have an owner who as far as we can tell wants to lay foundations to achieve what he and I’m sure most PAFC supporters want which is a sustainable football club.

Oh I'm sorry I haven't seen the plans like you obviously have, what's planned then? Nandoes, Dentist's, Hotel? All you have is a load of vague promises and a figure of £4m and an assurance that none of it will go on the team.

And all you have is the same regurgitating fixation on the tv screen, seats and car park.

Yes I have I don't see why we couldn't do those works over say three years and spend the rest on the team, I can't wait for the day the SI ays we are looking to buy top quality players and actually mean it not like this season, instead of hawking the likes of Cooper and Pan but then I support the team not the chairman which seems to be the fashion these days.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68


Posts : 6210
Join date : 2014-06-02
Location : Brentocabin

Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 5:19 am

Si, is a million times better than the shit show we had before he took over and he has the clubs best interests at heart,if he thinks this is good for the club then i support it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Investment incoming
Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Investment in the club

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: